BBC America's Killing Eve - Part II

Reactions:

Re: BBC America's Killing Eve - Part II

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 00:29
oh wow this is so good!

https://archiveofourown.org/chapters/99636678
Oh wow thank you for this. In Manga format, I'll say it again the KE fans are so talented.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 23:42
My sincerest wish is that Killing a eve is nominated for NOTHING, Sandra is nominated for The Chair, and my money is on Zendaya or Jean Smart to actually win. I think Jodie is one of the greatest actresses of our generation, up there with Meryl Streep and Cate Blanchett, but her material for season 4 was nothing compared to the first 2 seasons.
Or?? More like AND lol They will be in different categories so they’ll probably both win and only Zendaya could be up against Sandra and/or Jodie.
Call me selfish but I really want a Sandie reunion one last time… who knows when we’re gonna see them together again. I mean Sandra could go see Jodie’s play on Broadway but that’s next year so who knows. Regardless, I think only one of them is gonna be nominated but can’t really tell who tbh, could be either imo. Also I found really funny if they put Fiona in the main category, because if she barely had a chance as a supportive actress before, she has no chance as a lead let me tell you.
The thing is I want Sandra and Jodie to be recognized one last time, like as a nice send off I guess? Because I’m pretty sure not the show or the writing or directing categories will get them a nom and they’re fools if they think so :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

the fact that the fans always do a much better job than them :rage:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 02:15

If we had got this epic trailer, it would’ve set the bar sooo high which would’ve created even more disappointment. I actually went into season 4 blind without seeing the trailer or anything and I wonder if that made a difference to how I processed it compared to other people. I mean obviously the S4 ending was awful but I didn’t really have any expectations about how certain scenes from the rest of the season were going to play out. I was dissapointed with Villaneve being separated but I actually enjoyed other parts of s4 because I didn’t know what to expect. I think if you take away how it ended, it was better than S3 and it would’ve been even better if it wasn’t the final season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 02:08
I don’t get It? Poor Jodie can’t get a minute of peace to herself...the paps shouldn’t be following her like that =_=

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 01:52
Guest wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 23:42
My sincerest wish is that Killing a eve is nominated for NOTHING, Sandra is nominated for The Chair, and my money is on Zendaya or Jean Smart to actually win. I think Jodie is one of the greatest actresses of our generation, up there with Meryl Streep and Cate Blanchett, but her material for season 4 was nothing compared to the first 2 seasons.
Or?? More like AND lol They will be in different categories so they’ll probably both win and only Zendaya could be up against Sandra and/or Jodie.
Call me selfish but I really want a Sandie reunion one last time… who knows when we’re gonna see them together again. I mean Sandra could go see Jodie’s play on Broadway but that’s next year so who knows. Regardless, I think only one of them is gonna be nominated but can’t really tell who tbh, could be either imo. Also I found really funny if they put Fiona in the main category, because if she barely had a chance as a supportive actress before, she has no chance as a lead let me tell you.
The thing is I want Sandra and Jodie to be recognized one last time, like as a nice send off I guess? Because I’m pretty sure not the show or the writing or directing categories will get them a nom and they’re fools if they think so :nervous:
Fiona is in the supporting category. Not that she has any chance there either. No one was really given any meaty material, other than maybe Sandra in episode 7, which for the most part, she came up with... Those writing submissions still have me laughing :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 18:36
:wub: Nice

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 09:19
Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 02:15

If we had got this epic trailer, it would’ve set the bar sooo high which would’ve created even more disappointment. I actually went into season 4 blind without seeing the trailer or anything and I wonder if that made a difference to how I processed it compared to other people. I mean obviously the S4 ending was awful but I didn’t really have any expectations about how certain scenes from the rest of the season were going to play out. I was dissapointed with Villaneve being separated but I actually enjoyed other parts of s4 because I didn’t know what to expect. I think if you take away how it ended, it was better than S3 and it would’ve been even better if it wasn’t the final season.
I liked it better than s3 too, many did i think but then the ending minutes of the finale left most bitter and angry. I think it's interesting how many writers I love from the fandom were liking s4 a lot before ep 8.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 09:23
Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 02:08
I don’t get It? Poor Jodie can’t get a minute of peace to herself...the paps shouldn’t be following her like that =_=
X2 Its awful. She already gave so much on stage and after each night. And she couldn't even get a break on her day off. I don't fans use likes on sm like currency and are always looking for new content to post for their followers but I hope some will think twice about posting pap pics because if they know their is a market for content the paps will keep following her. Jodie already deleted her ig story today. I think she is trying to find a balance but you can tell this kind of thing annoys her, not to mention she has a stalker and she has not given her consent for these images and after her play, the importance of consent should be the one message getting through to fans.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Villanelle is alive. It’s true

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 12:16
Villanelle is alive. It’s true
Eve is that you? Tell me everything you know

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m rewatching season one and there’s something sexy about the way Eve let’s herself into Villanelles apartment and starts popping open the champagne and then trashing the place :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 04:02
I wondered why Eve had such a surprised laugh :lol: :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’ll never get over the way they look at each other :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

rewatched the bed scar scene, a rare and strange moment for Villanelle. Has she ever looked at a scar or mark of violence in that way, with seriousness and getting emotions other then a high. And as the hikers said, V&E are linked forever, exchanging scars like normal ppl exchange rings

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 11:35
rewatched the bed scar scene, a rare and strange moment for Villanelle. Has she ever looked at a scar or mark of violence in that way, with seriousness and getting emotions other then a high. And as the hikers said, V&E are linked forever, exchanging scars like normal ppl exchange rings

Yeah I think when V was touching the scar, she wanted to remind herself that Eve was still hers and that they are bound together by the history they’ve shared. It kind of reminds me of when Eve said on the bridge “do you know the only people who would find that romantic?.....us”

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 10:01
Guest wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 04:02
I wondered why Eve had such a surprised laugh :lol: :hudoin:
Thinking V picked her up :rageblush:

Was probably shocked and surprised by that. Would’ve loved to see it, especially with those muscles :handbags:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guys it really hit me today that there will be no more episodes of KE...ever again :'( and it ended like that? I thought I had processed it but I actually can’t believe the writers did that to us

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

superior s2

Guest6
Reactions:

Post by Guest6 »

Watched clips from Dr Strange . Is there anyone here that doesn’t think that Eve would not go full Scarlet Witch on Carolyn’s ass? After everything, the last thing she would do is go back to a normal life..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 10:33

Significant scene. Well done, Sandie!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jun 2022, 03:51
Guest wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 10:33

Significant scene. Well done, Sandie!
Changing my path, changing my soooul :'(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 00:29
oh wow this is so good!

https://archiveofourown.org/chapters/99636678
The paneling and expressions are on point, I can totally see the TV version of it in my head :'(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

new still of the arrow scene :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 12:19
I'm glad all the gross bag pooping and bathtub farting got cut out, but why did the exploding dildo and detailed description of the aftermath of that get to stay? :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jun 2022, 17:59
new still of the arrow scene :dramaqueen:

You know, this scene made me naively think that they wouldn’t kill Villanelle at the end of the season. What was the point in Eve thinking she had lost Villanelle only to actually lose her 2 episodes later? :rage: The writers really ran out of ideas. If they were so hellbent on killing V, the least they could have done is let her die in Eves arms and have some last words. Anything would’ve been better than what we got :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jun 2022, 23:18
Guest wrote:
I'm glad all the gross bag pooping and bathtub farting got cut out, but why did the exploding dildo and detailed description of the aftermath of that get to stay? :argh:
Is the rewriting of the books any good ?? Never read the books because everyone say they’re bad but this rewriting seems interesting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 00:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Is the rewriting of the books any good ?? Never read the books because everyone say they’re bad but this rewriting seems interesting.
Da. Same I want to know. I can stand bad fiction but not embarassing (cringe) ones, and I don't want to ruin my brain's version of TV Eve and Villanelle unless if it's really worth it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 00:49
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da. Same I want to know. I can stand bad fiction but not embarassing (cringe) ones, and I don't want to ruin my brain's version of TV Eve and Villanelle unless if it's really worth it
The original books were absolute dogshit, but the rewrite actually makes them readable. First book is still a bit of a slog (Eve and Villanelle never even meet), second book has a few good scenes but also the aforementioned exploding dildo assassination, third book is chock full of Villaneve goodness. The first chapter of the third book summarizes the events of the first two books, so you can just start there. The rewrite only kept a couple cringey moments from the originals (like the dildo thing), and it didn't add any new ones. I still found it hard to believe that Eve and Villanelle would get together as quickly as they did once they actually met in the books, but if you can just forgive that and roll with it, the rewrite is worth reading, at least in my opinion.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

so cute :'(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is it Jenkins that is doing these rewrites? I thought only the author has copywright...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 01:40
Guest wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 00:49
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The original books were absolute dogshit, but the rewrite actually makes them readable. First book is still a bit of a slog (Eve and Villanelle never even meet), second book has a few good scenes but also the aforementioned exploding dildo assassination, third book is chock full of Villaneve goodness. The first chapter of the third book summarizes the events of the first two books, so you can just start there. The rewrite only kept a couple cringey moments from the originals (like the dildo thing), and it didn't add any new ones. I still found it hard to believe that Eve and Villanelle would get together as quickly as they did once they actually met in the books, but if you can just forgive that and roll with it, the rewrite is worth reading, at least in my opinion.
Thanks for the review :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The Psychological Impact of the 'Killing Eve' Series Finale | Psychology Today https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog ... ies-finale

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 02:24
Is it Jenkins that is doing these rewrites? I thought only the author has copywright...
Doesn't look like it. Better read it fast before his lawyers learn about it and make it disappear.

Unless it is him, and he's just trying to rope in more fans before writing that fourth book he promised after the finale. :tinfoil:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jun 2022, 10:30
The Psychological Impact of the 'Killing Eve' Series Finale | Psychology Today https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog ... ies-finale
It’s quite validating to know that even a therapist can recognise the impact of the finale. I was thinking the other day how shitty it would’ve been if it had only been the queer fans hated the finale but critics had praised it. I think that would’ve made it so much worse (if that’s possible) but at least everyone can see that what the writers did was bullshit. Still hurts though..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love Camille cottin but are they gonna do a FYC for the all cast, next one will be Pam’s actress lol