Showtime

Reactions:

Re: Showtime

Post by Guest »

I just noticed that KM and LH have an email address for their podcast -- anyone dare to send them some of our hot takes? πŸ˜‚ They're also requesting questions for Marja since she's going to be their guest soon

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote: ↑
14 Oct 2021, 18:14
I just noticed that KM and LH have an email address for their podcast -- anyone dare to send them some of our hot takes? πŸ˜‚ They're also requesting questions for Marja since she's going to be their guest soon
When is the actual podcast btw? Would love to ask few questions :spy:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

14 Oct 2021, 16:49
14 Oct 2021, 15:38
13 Oct 2021, 04:57
Kate Moennig is so obsessed with Jimmy because she is most likely a fake lesbian. An attractive transwoman is a fake lesbians wet dream. They get to have the illusion of lesbianism while still being with a male. Too bad for these women that the MtFs that look somewhat decent are all gay men.
I understand what you're trying to say, but in what place is Jimmy good looking? He is so ugly.
We think he is unattractive because we are lesbians but those that are attracted to effeminate men think he is hot. On social media men that are tranny chasers and bisexual women are crazy about him.
they think he's 'attractive' because the bar is so low for men

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

they think he's attractive because he's got a p----

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

12 Oct 2021, 18:33
i think ''tess'' is her type
I believe this. Kate almost had a Freudian slip saying they fucked in the video.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

14 Oct 2021, 19:00
12 Oct 2021, 18:33
i think ''tess'' is her type
I believe this. Kate almost had a Freudian slip saying they fucked in the video.
When?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

14 Oct 2021, 17:19
14 Oct 2021, 17:13
14 Oct 2021, 16:49
14 Oct 2021, 15:38
13 Oct 2021, 04:57
Kate Moennig is so obsessed with Jimmy because she is most likely a fake lesbian. An attractive transwoman is a fake lesbians wet dream. They get to have the illusion of lesbianism while still being with a male. Too bad for these women that the MtFs that look somewhat decent are all gay men.
I understand what you're trying to say, but in what place is Jimmy good looking? He is so ugly.
We think he is unattractive because we are lesbians but those that are attracted to effeminate men think he is hot. On social media men that are tranny chasers and bisexual women are crazy about him.
He's a horse face with a huge forehead.
And an extremely annoying voice and he dresses like a clown. Honestly his face and facial expressions are kind of creepy/sinister to me a lot of the time - I guess that's why he was chosen for Pinhead
Mannequin frozen face and psychopath look in the eyes. Jimmy is a part of the creepy men movement that encroach on lesbians and women.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Marja and KM should watch these videos and educate themselves

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

15 Oct 2021, 08:34
Marja and KM should watch these videos and educate themselves

I love KJK.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

In a nutshell

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

"Generation Q" is such a corny, dweeby subtitle tbh. Like even aside from my distaste for all things "queer," it's just a cringey subtitle...it feels very "how do you do, fellow kids" to me

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Finally a post on there that isn't just pure Jimbo/"Shess" worship:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So...it's not a good sign (for Mango et al) that there's been no renewal announcement yet, right?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

15 Oct 2021, 18:21
So...it's not a good sign (for Mango et al) that there's been no renewal announcement yet, right?
Probably not but I still have a bad feeling that they'll get one more season. People seem to like Marja for some godforsaken reason even though she has no talent and ran an iconic show into the ground and disrespected its very loyal fanbase at every turn

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

16 Oct 2021, 01:59
Probably not but I still have a bad feeling that they'll get one more season. People seem to like Marja for some godforsaken reason even though she has no talent and ran an iconic show into the ground and disrespected its very loyal fanbase at every turn
AYRT I feel the same way tbh though I'm enjoying the extreme lag while it lasts. Showtime gave her a development deal after all. It's hard to believe that S3 won't do even worse than this season 2, outside of a total creative change, which also will not be happening. IMO the main thing keeping the show alive apart from Mango's mysterious clout and network virtue signaling is probably Tibette shippers (I am not a Tibette shipper), because how else do you explain that ratings surge for the finale? Viewers who were invested in everything else the show was doing (there are DOZENS of them) were watching all those interim episodes. The other OGs are in the toilet storyline wise with no reason to be excited for where they might go, as they're both dating men, and viewers definitely WEREN'T coming in to see what was happening with Shess in the late mid-season.

Gini's generating genuine grassroots social media interest (in stark contrast to the hyperaggressive Shess pushing), and based on GIFs and clips I've seen I'm on the pro-side there and agree with everyone who thinks that Sepideh is by far the best new thing about GQ, but looking at the numbers I can't see any convincing argument that the horrible ratings bottom while the ship was developing--with apparently pretty minimal screentime compared to some of the far less well liked others--led to a huge resurgence. Nah, I'm going to say it was mostly Tibette shippers, joined by some other OG diehards who can't quit it, who can't be bothered with GQ as a whole but who came back to see if they'd get back together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wut?! Gurl it's way too early to worry. It's a week since the finale for crissakes! Give it at least a month before panicking :)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

16 Oct 2021, 04:53
Wut?! Gurl it's way too early to worry. It's a week since the finale for crissakes! Give it at least a month before panicking :)
Uh, I think you might be lost? This is the thread where we want it to be cancelled (notice the Mango) and the longer it takes is encouraging. I actually wouldn't bet against it GQ returning tbh for at least one more season, but last season it was announced renewed with a couple eps left to go, and apparently there was at least one other Showtime series that was renewed immediately after the finale. So something does seem to be going on here, though that doesn't mean they won't work it out on the cheap at the last minute either.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

16 Oct 2021, 03:46
16 Oct 2021, 01:59
AYRT I feel the same way tbh though I'm enjoying the extreme lag while it lasts. Showtime gave her a development deal after all. It's hard to believe that S3 won't do even worse than this season 2, outside of a total creative change, which also will not be happening. IMO the main thing keeping the show alive apart from Mango's mysterious clout and network virtue signaling is probably Tibette shippers (I am not a Tibette shipper), because how else do you explain that ratings surge for the finale? Viewers who were invested in everything else the show was doing (there are DOZENS of them) were watching all those interim episodes. The other OGs are in the toilet storyline wise with no reason to be excited for where they might go, as they're both dating men, and viewers definitely WEREN'T coming in to see what was happening with Shess in the late mid-season.

Gini's generating genuine grassroots social media interest (in stark contrast to the hyperaggressive Shess pushing), and based on GIFs and clips I've seen I'm on the pro-side there and agree with everyone who thinks that Sepideh is by far the best new thing about GQ, but looking at the numbers I can't see any convincing argument that the horrible ratings bottom while the ship was developing--with apparently pretty minimal screentime compared to some of the far less well liked others--led to a huge resurgence. Nah, I'm going to say it was mostly Tibette shippers, joined by some other OG diehards who can't quit it, who can't be bothered with GQ as a whole but who came back to see if they'd get back together.
AYRT Yeah, at the very least if it does get renewed, I can say that I enjoyed the lag in announcing it lol. This lag in announcing does make me feel like it's not a slam dunk even if it does get another season. Obviously I don't know shit, but season 2 was announced much earlier than this, so it makes you wonder what questions and hesitancy they're raising behind the scenes. Still I kind of expect them to get at least one more season anyway. For some inexplicable reason they like Marja even though she's talentless, arrogant, disrespectful, and an idiot.

It wouldn't surprise me if you're right -- there are still so many dedicated Tibette shippers, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were at least partly responsible for that little surge in ratings for the finale

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's funny how Marja thinks she's so woke, such an ally, so progressive, yet at least three times now she's ignored/mistreated black women. She has completely ignored Tasha - afaik she's never even mentioned Tasha outside of the show - but has had Alice mention Dana a few times. Dana was a huge part of Alice's life for sure, but who was Alice when we last left off with TLW? Tasha! She also has almost entirely ignored Quiara since s1 of GQ ended, and now she's rewriting Shane's history with Quiara to force a lesbophobic "love story" with Tess, very clearly favoring this white male over a black woman. She also killed Kit off when she didn't have to. Yeah Pam Grier was busy during s1 and couldn't return, but Marja surely slammed that door shut and ensured that Kit could never return. Keeping Kit alive could've been a nice triumph for her character after struggling with addiction but coming out okay on the other side, but she chose to kill Kit off to further Bette's boring mayoral run story.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

18 Oct 2021, 19:10
It's funny how Marja thinks she's so woke, such an ally, so progressive, yet at least three times now she's ignored/mistreated black women. She has completely ignored Tasha - afaik she's never even mentioned Tasha outside of the show - but has had Alice mention Dana a few times. Dana was a huge part of Alice's life for sure, but who was Alice when we last left off with TLW? Tasha! She also has almost entirely ignored Quiara since s1 of GQ ended, and now she's rewriting Shane's history with Quiara to force a lesbophobic "love story" with Tess, very clearly favoring this white male over a black woman. She also killed Kit off when she didn't have to. Yeah Pam Grier was busy during s1 and couldn't return, but Marja surely slammed that door shut and ensured that Kit could never return. Keeping Kit alive could've been a nice triumph for her character after struggling with addiction but coming out okay on the other side, but she chose to kill Kit off to further Bette's boring mayoral run story.
Terrible. If GQ gets cancelled I hope she never gets a job again, not because I wish her harm but because she's just a mediocre writer.

And if GQ does get cancelled... do you think the people involved have any idea why the views were so low? I mean, apart from the bad writing, lesbians are not watching it because this season is so lesbophobic and completely foreign and disconnected from lesbian reality, but as far as I know no one has ever voiced their criticism anywhere else except here. I think they should know why lesbians hate a show 'supposedly' made for lesbians. I know most people are afraid of making public comments since they'll get harassed by TRAs but you can send an email or dm.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

18 Oct 2021, 22:13
18 Oct 2021, 19:10
Terrible. If GQ gets cancelled I hope she never gets a job again, not because I wish her harm but because she's just a mediocre writer.

And if GQ does get cancelled... do you think the people involved have any idea why the views were so low? I mean, apart from the bad writing, lesbians are not watching it because this season is so lesbophobic and completely foreign and disconnected from lesbian reality, but as far as I know no one has ever voiced their criticism anywhere else except here. I think they should know why lesbians hate a show 'supposedly' made for lesbians. I know most people are afraid of making public comments since they'll get harassed by TRAs but you can send an email or dm.
Sadly I don't trust anyone involved in this shitshow to really take a step back, sit down, and genuinely ask themselves why the ratings were so low and why reviews have been so mediocre. They'll probably convince themselves that their show was just too ~radically queer~ and people couldn't handle it or something, or they'll blame random things like covid (even though more people than ever are sitting home and doing things like watching tv lol) or whatever else. Marja has made it clear that she doesn't give a fuck about "terf lesbians" (AKA real lesbians) so she's not going to give a shit about lesbians not standing for her lesbophobic garbage. But yeah, aside from random anons on sites like this, there hasn't been much for substantial or public backlash, sadly. I wish we had more of a voice somewhere.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I get that we don't have much to talk about anymore lol and won't really have anything new to say until the show's status is announced, but I miss this thread! haha it was always nice ranting in here with you all

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

24 Oct 2021, 17:26
I get that we don't have much to talk about anymore lol and won't really have anything new to say until the show's status is announced, but I miss this thread! haha it was always nice ranting in here with you all
:hug:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Gen Q is very low quality compared to other Showtime dramas.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Crybaby TRAs are whining about L Chat (and how we're all big scary ~terfs~) here lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

25 Oct 2021, 18:15
Crybaby TRAs are whining about L Chat (and how we're all big scary ~terfs~) here lol:

:lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That reddit post is so vague and misleading anyway. Hardly anyone here "hates" Shane. Actually most people in this thread love her, like her, or are just kinda neutral about her. She doesn't have a ton of fans in the GQ thread these days tbf but I still don't think many in that thread "hate" her either. Part of the reason why so many people here are so pissed about Shane's storyline is BECAUSE we like Shane ffs, and even those who don't care about Shane as much are pissed about Shane's storyline because it's lesbophobic (and boring af to boot). Not that I expect these dumbass TRA redditors to get that or care, but it's still misleading to boil all of this down to us supposedly "hating" Shane. No, we hate Tess (and Marja and her stupid writers) ;)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So some dug up the bf account of SM and linked it on the main thread. How long till they start bullying him to the point of deactivating or going private? I knew some of her fans were crazy and borderline stalkerish but this new development shows just how far gone they are.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Did anyone listen to Marja's episode of Kate and Leisha's podcast? From what little I've read, she apparently came across as an inexperienced idiot who's in way over her head. No surprise there lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

26 Oct 2021, 05:19
So some dug up the bf account of SM and linked it on the main thread. How long till they start bullying him to the point of deactivating or going private? I knew some of her fans were crazy and borderline stalkerish but this new development shows just how far gone they are.
But those actresses have nobody else to blame. You want to be some kind of a lesbian icon, and hide your boyfriend from the public. She was basically baiting her lesbian fans. Not that I care about her, I'm not her fan.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Who is SM?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

27 Oct 2021, 13:47
But those actresses have nobody else to blame. You want to be some kind of a lesbian icon, and hide your boyfriend from the public. She was basically baiting her lesbian fans. Not that I care about her, I'm not her fan.
DA honestly I agree, and I don't feel sorry for baiting actresses when they finally receive some backlash for their baiting. Obviously I don't condone any behavior from fans that truly crosses any lines, but I think it's fair for fans to be annoyed that they've been baited once again. Straight/het-partnered bi actresses pull this shit all the time, purposefully trying to get their lesbian fans' hopes up and stringing everyone along. It's a lot more respectful just to be honest

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Even the woke idiots on reddit think that Marja needs to go :rofl: Granted, they don't have all the same issues with the show as we do, but it's funny how pretty much everyone now agrees that Marja and her show are a big failure. Even the morons Marja spent two seasons pandering to don't like her work. That's why it doesn't pay to pander to TRAs and ~queers~ -- they're never happy, they want to complain and feel oppressed, their demands are huge, and they'll turn on you in an instant

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

🀒 @ everyone calling Jimbo she/actress/woman in the regular GQ thread here. I know the mod in there is insane and would delete anything with he/man in it, but pronouns can be avoided and too many of these anons kiss his ass

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

25 Oct 2021, 20:10
That reddit post is so vague and misleading anyway. Hardly anyone here "hates" Shane. Actually most people in this thread love her, like her, or are just kinda neutral about her. She doesn't have a ton of fans in the GQ thread these days tbf but I still don't think many in that thread "hate" her either. Part of the reason why so many people here are so pissed about Shane's storyline is BECAUSE we like Shane ffs, and even those who don't care about Shane as much are pissed about Shane's storyline because it's lesbophobic (and boring af to boot). Not that I expect these dumbass TRA redditors to get that or care, but it's still misleading to boil all of this down to us supposedly "hating" Shane. No, we hate Tess (and Marja and her stupid writers) ;)
Seriously, this. I wouldn't have called myself a "Shane fan" but I still care about her as part of the group and want to see her done justice. So yeah, I'm angry because GQ is shitting on Shane herself as well as being generally anti-lesbian. By what twisted feat of bad faith discourse can that become "Shane hate"?

Now Tess/Jimbo OTOH I will freely admit to absolutely despising. Best thing that could happen in an undeserved S3 would be for Tess to get hit by a bus in the first five minutes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

31 Oct 2021, 04:11
Seriously, this. I wouldn't have called myself a "Shane fan" but I still care about her as part of the group and want to see her done justice. So yeah, I'm angry because GQ is shitting on Shane herself as well as being generally anti-lesbian. By what twisted feat of bad faith discourse can that become "Shane hate"?

Now Tess/Jimbo OTOH I will freely admit to absolutely despising. Best thing that could happen in an undeserved S3 would be for Tess to get hit by a bus in the first five minutes.
x2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

31 Oct 2021, 04:11

Exactly! Personally I am a Shane fan, but I'd be just as pissed about this mess if it were happening to any other lesbian character. It's lesbophobic and gross, period

lol yeah I'll gladly admit to hating Jimbo/Tess though and I don't give a shit. I have zero respect for any male taking a "lesbian" role, and he's fucking awful on the show

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Now Kate just shared on her Instagram story some pic of what appears to be an AGP dressed up as Shane 🀒 Wtf is wrong with her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

01 Nov 2021, 03:24
Now Kate just shared on her Instagram story some pic of what appears to be an AGP dressed up as Shane 🀒 Wtf is wrong with her
Kate is going down the rabbit hole. In a few years she will transition like Ellen Page.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

01 Nov 2021, 17:25
01 Nov 2021, 03:24
Kate is going down the rabbit hole. In a few years she will transition like Ellen Page.
I don't know. Plenty of doormat lesbians act as cheerleader handmaidens for TRA bullshit without actually transitioning themselves, but you never know... Either way she's throwing lesbians under the bus

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

she'll probably end up dating a transwoman soon enough

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Someone in the GQ thread is posting screentime counts per episode of season 2 for each character and ship. It'll be interesting when it's done to see how much undeserved screentime Jimbo wasted and how hard they pushed "Shess." The last episode count I saw (I think ep 5?) had Shane with the least amount of screentime out of everyone, with Jimbo having more. It also gave the other het couple (Alice/the dude) the most screentime out of all ships in that episode.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

07 Nov 2021, 17:14
Someone in the GQ thread is posting screentime counts per episode of season 2 for each character and ship. It'll be interesting when it's done to see how much undeserved screentime Jimbo wasted and how hard they pushed "Shess." The last episode count I saw (I think ep 5?) had Shane with the least amount of screentime out of everyone, with Jimbo having more. It also gave the other het couple (Alice/the dude) the most screentime out of all ships in that episode.
It's done and someone added it all up in this post: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=76710&start=64470#p3991449

So in the end Jimbo individually was sort of in the middle in terms of screentime, but "Shess" had more screentime than any other ship in the whole season. Conclusion: as we all have been saying for months, "Shess" was pushed HARD.

Shane also had only about ~30 minutes of screentime away from Jimbo. 2/3 of Shane's screentime in season 2 was spent with Jimbo. Shane had by far the lowest screentime of the regular OGs (not counting Tina).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

09 Nov 2021, 21:47
It's done and someone added it all up in this post: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=76710&start=64470#p3991449

So in the end Jimbo individually was sort of in the middle in terms of screentime, but "Shess" had more screentime than any other ship in the whole season. Conclusion: as we all have been saying for months, "Shess" was pushed HARD.

Shane also had only about ~30 minutes of screentime away from Jimbo. 2/3 of Shane's screentime in season 2 was spent with Jimbo. Shane had by far the lowest screentime of the regular OGs (not counting Tina).
Also, Alice/dude had the fourth highest amount of screentime dedicated to their ship, so there were two het couples in the top 5 in that list of screentime.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They filmed another sex scene for Shess but had to cut it out because not enough screen time :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

09 Nov 2021, 21:59

They filmed another sex scene for Shess but had to cut it out because not enough screen time :rofl:
I'd heard that too, and now that we have these numbers in front of us it seems even more fucking insane! For season 2 episode 10 (finale) "Shess" already had this much: "Shess 10 m 50 s explicit sex scene, kisses, naked in bed, more sex"!

(credit: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=76710&start=64435#p3991060)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

09 Nov 2021, 22:11

I'd heard that too, and now that we have these numbers in front of us it seems even more fucking insane! For season 2 episode 10 (finale) "Shess" already had this much: "Shess 10 m 50 s explicit sex scene, kisses, naked in bed, more sex"!

So Shess took up almost 11 minutes of the finale...how long was the finale: 50, 60 minutes? So like 1/5 or 1/6 (16.6-20%) of that episode was dedicated to them?! It really shows how little they give a fuck about Shane or respect her character that the majority of what they can think to do with her is this awful, chemistry-less ship (with a man, on top of it all!).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

09 Nov 2021, 22:15

So Shess took up almost 11 minutes of the finale...how long was the finale: 50, 60 minutes? So like 1/5 or 1/6 (16.6-20%) of that episode was dedicated to them?! It really shows how little they give a fuck about Shane or respect her character that the majority of what they can think to do with her is this awful, chemistry-less ship (with a man, on top of it all!).
Marja said it herself - Gen Q is an answer to TERF lesbians.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

09 Nov 2021, 22:19

Yep. Before GQ premiered and Marja started saying that kind of shit, my literal worst fear was that they'd have Shane fuck a TIM...and, well, here we are

(Not that I'd want to see ANY lesbian fuck a TIM, and I'd raise hell regardless, but Shane is my personal favorite character)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

09 Nov 2021, 22:19

And the viewership is an answer to her LESBOPHOBIA. Flop.