Vigil (BBC)

Reactions:

Re: BBC's new series Vigil

Post by Guest »

You may have our TV shows, but you will never have our submarines, Vladimir! 😝😝😝🤣🤣🤣

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Looks like we're being trolled

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Comments on K and A's scenes for 1x06 FINALE

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 13:33
Looks like we're being trolled
Sorry anon, I take that back. You've been wonderful. Thank you SO MUCH :hug: :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 13:38

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I don't know if the end of the show is good.....but the end of season for Amy & Kirsten is very good!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thank you anons for the spoilers!
I can't wait for it! :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 13:54
Guest wrote:
I don't know if the end of the show is good.....but the end of season for Amy & Kirsten is very good!

did you see it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 13:37
Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 13:34
oops. also i dled. its real but its in russian. there's english subs in the file tho. just name the subs same as the video file and vlc player will play them on its own.
qmta, the file has english track to. on vlc player, select audio track 2 for english.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Another question

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 14:25
Another question

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 14:33
Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 14:25
Another question

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 15:14
Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 22:42
Too bad there was no kiss in ep6...f covid...and too much anti russian political bs, it was offensive and bored me to death. Overall it’s a good tv show, well shot and acted, writing about politics got a bit boring in the last eps since it was all revealed prior and they were repeating it over and over again, spy guy was meh, not a good actor, especially last scene.
I’m so into the Russian political bs, it just goes to prove how one show is many things to many different people.

I’ve just watched episode 5, best moment = Amy in the medical bay in her strappy top.

It’s wrong that this is the moment that has stood out to me more than anything else in this show.
Cos arms.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2021, 22:25
Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2021, 22:16
Guest wrote:
19 Sep 2021, 22:02
I guess I don't understand why lesbians are supposed to have mortal immunity for some reason? Why can't she die? I doubt she will but I'd rather the lesbian characters be treated with the same notions that any other character would. I don't really think the lesbian dying thing is a trope anymore. I can't even think of that many examples of it other than that recent film The World To Come, or Lost and Delirious (and that was subjective). Desert Hearts, I believe, was the first lesbian American film and they didn't die in that.
You sound straight or just old.
x2
Or a male troll... L chat has many trolls
I’m defending OP. Other posters sound 12 and not versed in the traditions of major TV shows unexpectedly (or not) killing off their major stars. Happens all the time.
The writers do not give a shit about an American Lesbian movements crying over some dead characters however relevant/important it is deemed over there, it has no traction over here.
I’m still amused about complaints over LoD where the lesbian special guest star is the only one who didn’t get killed off or have an armed amputated. And still people complained.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is nice

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 16:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I guess I don't understand why lesbians are supposed to have mortal immunity for some reason? Why can't she die? I doubt she will but I'd rather the lesbian characters be treated with the same notions that any other character would. I don't really think the lesbian dying thing is a trope anymore. I can't even think of that many examples of it other than that recent film The World To Come, or Lost and Delirious (and that was subjective). Desert Hearts, I believe, was the first lesbian American film and they didn't die in that.
x2
I’m defending OP. Other posters sound 12 and not versed in the traditions of major TV shows unexpectedly (or not) killing off their major stars. Happens all the time.
The writers do not give a shit about an American Lesbian movements crying over some dead characters however relevant/important it is deemed over there, it has no traction over here.
I’m still amused about complaints over LoD where the lesbian special guest star is the only one who didn’t get killed off or have an armed amputated. And still people complained.
da. bc lod set up a storyline and forgot any kind of payoff. and I'm not talking romantically, even tho i admit i would've liked that, they set up a relationship between 2 characters and left it hanging. that's just poor storytelling.

then again, i never thought lod was that well written. i mean, it was a good show but this flawfree masterpiece their fans believe it to be it was not.

also, even tho people have repeated this point over and over by now. if you killed a straight main character there's a hundred more to turn too. we get like 2 lesbians mains, if that, and we usually have to choose between them dying or their storylines being a mess. and until things even out a bit, we'll keep bitching. thank you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Too bad there was no kiss in ep6...f covid...and too much anti russian political bs, it was offensive and bored me to death. Overall it’s a good tv show, well shot and acted, writing about politics got a bit boring in the last eps since it was all revealed prior and they were repeating it over and over again, spy guy was meh, not a good actor, especially last scene.
I’m so into the Russian political bs, it just goes to prove how one show is many things to many different people.

I’ve just watched episode 5, best moment = Amy in the medical bay in her strappy top.

It’s wrong that this is the moment that has stood out to me more than anything else in this show.
Political aspect wasn’t written very good, was too in your face, wasn’t smart, it was more fairytale like - incompetence of people in charge and completely random people getting involved.
They tried to show that every country plays these games at the end but this whole plot still was very meh and underdeveloped, also kinda rushed in last ep. Everything about spy was ridiculous, he acted dumb, especially when he tried to make captain do things that d be a treason by threatening life of Silva? looool like a “soldier” would care about her, she’s nobody, they didn’t care about 5 people dying on that boat...And since when detectives are invited to spy interrogation, thought it was supposed to be high level secret situation.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 16:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
x2
Da Idc if it’s a lesbian dying, but I do hate it when they kill off women, especially a lead, what’s the point of getting into a show or a movie that will leave a sour taste in your mouth? I hated what they did in
Anyway death of a positive lead male or a female is anticlimactic for the viewers.
Ofc I don’t really get upset about every character that’s killed off but it just means the show wasn’t good enough for me to care.
In general I prefer open endings, when writers leave character somewhere in the middle of their life/problems .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What will the second season be tho, this feels like the end of the series. It's called Vigil ffs and honestly I won't watch without Suranne Jones and Rose Leslie

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 09:59
I have a theory that whatsit didn't actually get a dangerous dose of the gas, he just overheated because he was moving around a lot more than Amy, leaving her to do the torpedo run.
He caught his suit on something and it ripped. A scene clearly showed that. So, the fact they shot that as a scene, it has to be assumed he has (which if his suit ripped, and it was a significant rip) been serious exposed to the poison agent.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guessed wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 12:24
Here is what I'm hoping: that the point of the entire show is the Amy and Kirsten relationship. The submarine and spies and murder mystery are all just bait to draw a huge mainstream audience to a story about a woman realising she risks losing the love of her life.

If you think about it, Amy's character is like a submarine. She has gone from the 'normal world' where she worked, had a straight partner with a kid, wasn't asking too many questions about it, to an 'under water world' of grief and confusion and loss. And then in the middle of that she meets someone who makes her feel things she wasn't expecting. Was same-sex attraction always there but not 'seen' by her - silent, massive, complicated and invisible (you get the idea)?

Now she is under pressure from all sides (like a submarine is) and still trying to keep the parts of her life apart, like submarine compartments. Just like the crew, she is focused on doing a professional job and trying to pretend she isn't affected by everything going on in her head. As she uncovers the crew's secrets she is being shown that's not possible. Will she learn the lesson?

What she goes through on the submarine has taken away all the things she relies on to compartmentalise her life. She can't exercise. Can't get privacy. Can't do her job in a normal way. What is left once that armour is gone?

Even the way Kirsten can send messages to Amy, but Amy can't talk back, is like a metaphor for their relationship, where Amy struggles to communicate and Kirsten (who is more open) is the one wanting them to talk.

If I am right, and I hope I am, then if Amy gets out of her coffin-like torpedo tube and makes it back to land, and reconciles with Kirsten because of what she has finally understood about her life (you can't be a submarine), then the entire point of the drama will be that character moment. That will have been the story they were telling all along. Suranne has hinted at that in her interviews so I don't think it's insane to hope this is right.

If they spend the last ten minutes of the show on more car chases and twists and explosions, and Amy and Kirsten don't meet again, then okay I will be wrong about everything and will feel sad about it. But I am really hoping everything they have done in the show so far is as subversive and genius as I think it might be: getting ten million people to watch a woman coming to terms with what she has been through and finding the courage to try to make her sapphic relationship work again. I mean, wouldn't that be astonishing for a blockbuster drama? I so hope they do this. Too much to ask? Have I lost my mind?
This is a lovely analysis, Guessed. Thank you!
I won't comment on the outcome of the show, though, in case you still haven't watched the finale (I just finished it... Couldn't resist...).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

FFS, can some of you put SPOILERS in SPOILER TAGS!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 17:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Political aspect wasn’t written very good, was too in your face, wasn’t smart, it was more fairytale like - incompetence of people in charge and completely random people getting involved.
They tried to show that every country plays these games at the end but this whole plot still was very meh and underdeveloped, also kinda rushed in last ep. Everything about spy was ridiculous, he acted dumb, especially when he tried to make captain do things that d be a treason by threatening life of Silva? looool like a “soldier” would care about her, she’s nobody, they didn’t care about 5 people dying on that boat...And since when detectives are invited to spy interrogation, thought it was supposed to be high level secret situation.
The OP who is into Russian political bs. I don’t wish to be an arse but I’m having slight problems understanding your post. But I think we (and many people) are in agreement that isn’t a well written show.

I like the geopolitical angle moving it beyond a domestic angle CND/Scottish or intro-Naval cos I’m into that shit. And seeing as Russia has been identified as the UK’s main security threat but whose spies have behaved very very incompetently on multiple occasions means that the I am more willing to swallow some of the bullshit that’s happening like, you know, nerve agent is a food box…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Use spoiler tags for things from a leaked episode, it's not rocket science

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guessed
Reactions:

Post by Guessed »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 18:45
I won't comment on the outcome of the show, though, in case you still haven't watched the finale (I just finished it... Couldn't resist...).
AAARGH so hard resisting knowing its out there! I will watch on Sunday. I'm glad you didn't share big spoilers spoilers cos that is sort of weird to do at this point.

Can you just tell me if the ending was good or not? I have enjoyed the ride so much so far and really want the ending to work!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
OP is clearly a Russian agent leaking the show and trying to rubbish it at Putin's bidding! I am now betting Russia comes off badly in it on Sunday, am I right??

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I can’t get the links to work so...anyone care to share some more pics in spoiler tags? thank you

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 18:13
What will the second season be tho, this feels like the end of the series. It's called Vigil ffs and honestly I won't watch without Suranne Jones and Rose Leslie
I guess the team could have another case, but there is no way to have Vigil season 2. It would be a new title, and would likely move Kirsten and Amy to a secondary role—say they are the MI5 agents type of characters, bit that means we’d not get much on them as a couple, if at all

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guessed wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 20:29
Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 18:45
AAARGH so hard resisting knowing its out there! I will watch on Sunday. I'm glad you didn't share big spoilers spoilers cos that is sort of weird to do at this point.

Can you just tell me if the ending was good or not? I have enjoyed the ride so much so far and really want the ending to work!
I'm not sure I should answer your question, Guessed.
If you're willing to wait until Sunday (I wish I had your willpower), you should stay as much in the dark as possible, meaning GETTING THE HELL OUT OF HERE because most people don't seem to know how to use spoiler tags... =_=
Also any opinion, good or bad, might influence your experience on Sunday.

So I would advise you skip the below comment but if you reeeally insist...
Good luck resisting the temptation!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 18:30
Kirsten is too good for amy. I don't think amy is going to change much and kirsten is putting too much in this rl to get very little from it. Too much of main plot unanswered. All in all underwhelming.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 22:33
Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 18:30
Kirsten is too good for amy. I don't think amy is going to change much and kirsten is putting too much in this rl to get very little from it. Too much of main plot unanswered. All in all underwhelming.
Qmta Kirsten’s anxiety about their rs was understandable too coz She was portrayed as someone insecure about it from the beginning, she didn’t want to get involved with a “straight” woman, bad experience, but it just happened. They showed it in several scenes, first she acknowledged she knew Amy was not interested in women and looked shocked at her own actions after the kiss, second not believing Amy likes her coz she was drunk. It all escalated when rs started.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thank god for adhd and short attention spans. I would've been spoiled if I ever read text walls :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

While on a new page, I'd implore everyone who hasn't seen the finale and doesn't want to be spoiled to just stay out of this thread till after you've seen it. Apparently there's a bunch of cunts in here, who refuse to respect those of us who want to wait till Sunday by hiding spoilers.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 08:42
While on a new page, I'd implore everyone who hasn't seen the finale and doesn't want to be spoiled to just stay out of this thread till after you've seen it. Apparently there's a bunch of cunts in here, who refuse to respect those of us who want to wait till Sunday by hiding spoilers.
Report the posts and maybe a mod could come in and spoiler tag them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Agreed. Stay off previous pages if you don’t want spoilers.

I started to read one, inadvertently, but given, as you note that they are such c*nts, I’m choosing to think it may be trolling.

USE THE SPOILER TAG, YOU DENSE LESBIANS.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 08:46
Guest wrote:
Report the posts and maybe a mod could come in and spoiler tag them.
That kinda requires reading the posts, which is what we don’t want to do. :bigcry:

Maybe the culprits can self-report? Ask for the tags to be added?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 08:48
Guest wrote:

I started to read one, inadvertently, but given, as you note that they are such c*nts, I’m choosing to think it may be trolling.

DENSE QUEERS EXIST TOO.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There should be a special Internet Dolt award to anyone who knowingly goes into a thread of a TV show when there's an episode released/leaked that they haven't yet seen and then cryarses over spoilers. Especially when it's a finale.

If you were truly that bothered, you wouldn't be taking the risk by being in here.

Just avoid the show for a few days, it's really not that fucking hard.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

But tagging spoilers is not that hard too. The tag exists for a reason.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 08:52
There should be a special Internet Dolt award to anyone who knowingly goes into a thread of a TV show when there's an episode released/leaked that they haven't yet seen and then cryarses over spoilers. Especially when it's a finale.

If you were truly that bothered, you wouldn't be taking the risk by being in here.

None of the other episodes were leaked ahead of time. How the fuck do you expect people to know that it would be this time around? Your reply just proves that the twats posting spoilers didn't do it because they were too dense to know how to use spoiler tags but deliberately to be twats. Crybabies. It's against the rule, dumb shit.

lurker_
Reactions:

Post by lurker_ »

Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 08:59
Guest wrote:

None of the other episodes were leaked ahead of time. How the fuck do you expect people to know that it would be this time around? Your reply just proves that the twats posting spoilers didn't do it because they were too dense to know how to use spoiler tags but deliberately to be twats. Crybabies. It's against the rule, dumb shit.
No it isn't.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DENSE QUEERS EXIST TOO.
Fair point - although I do think we lesbians re particularly dense :dance2:

Now, I’m off this thread until Sunday, because there’s just too many twats in this thread.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 09:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DENSE QUEERS EXIST TOO.
Fair point - although I do think we lesbians re particularly dense :dance2:

Now, I’m off this thread until Sunday, because there’s just too many twats in this thread.
You have a low self esteem, speak for yourself.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 09:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Actually, no. I saw the thread was suspiciously active for mid-week and decided to not look inside, because that is what people with common sense do where spoilers are concerned. I later saw a heads up elsewhere of the episode leaking and then knew I'd made the right choice not coming in. I then watched it. I then came into the thread. Zero was spoiled for me.

You idiots are not only in here now fully aware the finale episode is kicking about, you're actually planning to remain in here and demanding everyone else makes it possible for you to do so without consequence instead of taking care of what you can fully control and just keeping out of the way until Sunday. Spoilers are your own fucking fault. Even if everyone complies, there is always the chance of a typo leaving a [ off a spoiler tag.
Just say you don't give a shit about other people and go luv.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 09:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Actually, no. I saw the thread was suspiciously active for mid-week and decided to not look inside, because that is what people with common sense do where spoilers are concerned. I later saw a heads up elsewhere of the episode leaking and then knew I'd made the right choice not coming in. I then watched it. I then came into the thread. Zero was spoiled for me.

You idiots are not only in here now fully aware the finale episode is kicking about, you're actually planning to remain in here and demanding everyone else makes it possible for you to do so without consequence instead of taking care of what you can fully control and just keeping out of the way until Sunday. Spoilers are your own fucking fault. Even if everyone complies, there is always the chance of a typo leaving a [ off a spoiler tag.
Just say can't use the internet unless someone is holding your hand and someone might walk you elsewhere yourself.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Damn that ass

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 09:30
Guest wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 09:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Just say can't use the internet unless someone is holding your hand and someone might walk you elsewhere yourself.
Having zero consideration for other people's wish not to be spoiled isn't cute but sociopathic.