Reactions:

Re: Most/Least convincing actress to play bi/gay

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 18:42
Guest wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 17:48
Unconvincing: Vanessa Kirby and Katherine Waterston

For the life of me why is their movie thread got a lot of traction. They look like 2 straight women forcing to kiss. It’s cringing.
Disagree.
What is the point of these boring answers? You keep doing this. We don't care that you disagree. This isn't a place for shippers to defend their faves.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 18:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

For the life of me why is their movie thread got a lot of traction. They look like 2 straight women forcing to kiss. It’s cringing.
Disagree.
What is the point of these boring answers? You keep doing this. We don't care that you disagree. This isn't a place for shippers to defend their faves.
I'm not a shipper, r-----, I just thought they did a good job.

If you want to voice an opinion without the risk of someone disagreeing then shout it out into your empty living room. Don't post it on a forum that only exists for people to exchange opinions.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Disagree.

If you want to voice an opinion without the risk of someone disagreeing then shout it out into your empty living room. Don't post it on a forum that only exists for people to exchange opinions.
I lol'd :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Disagree.

If you are going to post on a form post something more interesting than "disagree". You boring Bertha. If you want to disagree then just sit there tutting away in your living room.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 13:08
GUEST wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 12:57
UNCONVINCING: the girls from The Wilds

they look like they’re forcing to be gay. No chemistry at all. I dont think i will watch it again.
I think the one who plays Toni is perfectly convincing playing gay until she had to kiss the other one. Then it went to pot. One of the scenes was obviously badly directed. Compare their first kiss with Casey and Izzie's first kiss on Atypical. Somewhat similar set up but much better direction and choreography. Plus better filmed.
Direction, choreography, filming...it's not really on the actress then, is it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Disagree.

If you are going to post on a form post something more interesting than "disagree". You boring Bertha. If you want to disagree then just sit there tutting away in your living room.
As if your post was interesting or contained any specific arguments.

Oh wait, you wrote "It's cringing". Not sure how I could ever counter such a clever and gramatically correct observation.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 20:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Disagree.

Oh wait, you wrote "It's cringing". Not sure how I could ever counter such a clever and gramatically correct observation.
Lame argument. Ever hear about autocorrect. Yes, it happens and it happens a lot. NEXT!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Disagree.

Oh honey. You have confused me with someone else. I don't mind the TWTC couples but your comment is still boring as fuck.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 20:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Lame argument. Ever hear about autocorrect. Yes, it happens and it happens a lot. NEXT!
Yeah, autocorrect must really have it in for you, huh?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 20:08
Guest wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 13:08
GUEST wrote:

they look like they’re forcing to be gay. No chemistry at all. I dont think i will watch it again.
I think the one who plays Toni is perfectly convincing playing gay until she had to kiss the other one. Then it went to pot. One of the scenes was obviously badly directed. Compare their first kiss with Casey and Izzie's first kiss on Atypical. Somewhat similar set up but much better direction and choreography. Plus better filmed.
Direction, choreography, filming...it's not really on the actress then, is it?
Well they play their parts too. You can have the same direction in the world and still kiss like a Carp.

Montiroit
Reactions:

Post by Montiroit »

Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 19:30
Gotta give credit to Alycia Debnam Carey. I think she played her attraction to Clarke perfectly
It convinced me. Idky people are saying something about the kiss, I didn't notice anything off aside from that Lexa looked afraid bc she was afraid of love.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Most convincing straight actress? The one that comes to my mind first in Surane Jones in Gentlewoman Jack.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Least convincing: Blake Lively and Anna Kendrick (maybe just Blake)
It was a torturous month when everyone kept aweing and spamming that kissing scene. Straightest kiss I’ve ever seen between two women

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Aug 2021, 03:22
Least convincing: Blake Lively and Anna Kendrick (maybe just Blake)
It was a torturous month when everyone kept aweing and spamming that kissing scene. Straightest kiss I’ve ever seen between two women
Not the best kiss, but I’ve seen far worse. Also, I think Blake seemed more into it than Kendrick. Look at her face immediately after the kiss. The look she gives her is very convincing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Most: Chloe Grace Moretz, Mackenzie Davis, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, KStew, Fivel from Atypical, Bly Manor girls (even though I wasn't a huge fan of the show itself), Delphine from Orphan Black.

Decent: Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson. I'm a huge fan of hers, but she's a solid OK regarding playing a lesbian. I've seen worse, but I've seen better.

Bad: Tmas in Orphan Black even though I love Cosima :bigcry: she just sucks at kissing other women. Glee, the Wilds actresses, Callie and Arizona from Grey's even though they were my first lesbian couple.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kaitlyn Dever and Diana Silvers were both pretty convincing playing gay in Booksmart, so I'll give them that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 15:06
Guest wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 14:44
Guest wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 14:27
Gugu as Renslayer in Loki. Just seems hella gay.
Did she actually play gay or is this just fandom shipping again?
She's not playing gay and hasn't interacted with any women in a way that would lead to fandom shipping. Don't know what this person is talking about.
I get their drift. The character just had gay energy. Same thing with Robin from Stranger Things; never interacts with adult women but it was 0 surprise when the character ended up being lesbian, despite the actress being mega straight

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Have we mentioned Sepideh Moafi from The L Word as one of the most convincing. She does a great job with the sex scenes and unlike ol Karina Lombard know your vagina isn't located in your belly button.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There's a korean tv show now that everyone is watching - it is absolutely cringe and just looks so choreographed and fake?

Like this thing above.

Oh no! gasp! I must stooooooop her. ZOOM into HER ARMS AROUND HER WAIST :rofl:

Please :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Really? I quite liked them. The first kiss is really quite good. I felt it in my ~stomach, if you know what I mean.

But maybe is because I found both of them very hot? Subjectively, I guess how hot you find a pair influences the perception of how convincing you find them. Maybe that's why? You think they're not hot together? Anyway, they were not awful, I don't think, to be the worst you've seen?

They really went for it, tongue and all. That gives them bonus points, as far as I'm concerned, because you see a lot of duck face with most straight actresses, to touch as little lip as possible... or chin kisses...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Aug 2021, 15:28

There's a korean tv show now that everyone is watching - it is absolutely cringe and just looks so choreographed and fake?

Like this thing above.

I don't watch but it honestly has nothing to do with the gay and more to do with it being a Korean Drama, they are all this cringey het is even cringier.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Montiroit wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 18:46
Guest wrote:
12 Jul 2021, 19:30
Gotta give credit to Alycia Debnam Carey. I think she played her attraction to Clarke perfectly
It convinced me. Idky people are saying something about the kiss, I didn't notice anything off aside from that Lexa looked afraid bc she was afraid of love.
X2 she had to play both repression (altho not for homophobic reasons) and intense attraction all at once. From what I remember I thought she nailed it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Name of aforementioned korean show?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Like this thing above.

That's K-dramas for you. They are all cringey and fake even with the het couples. The hets are even more cringe than this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Aug 2021, 19:19
Guest wrote:

Like this thing above.

That's K-dramas for you. They are all cringey and fake even with the het couples. The hets are even more cringe than this.
It’s Korean dramas, don’t expect anything lol not even het couples can kisses. It’s like two fishes or just smelling each other mouth.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

GUEST wrote:

Lol, because they are straight and have bf but loves to queer baiting to the max level, and of course lying about it too like there’s no tomorrow.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't know the name of the movie but Heather Graham and Jessica Stroup had a pretty good kissing scene lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

LOLLL, i saw lot of people here always including The Wilds and the actress in the least convincing category :rofl:. Tbh i never watch any of the episode of The Wilds, but it seems like the majority of people in Lchat really like that series. The wilds thread is one of the thread that gained lot of traffic here, not to mention mia or erana thread.
As someone who love movie and tv series, i always think that the actor/actress performance are the most integral part in movie/tv, sometimes a movie could be really bad and sucked but the actor/actress performance could save the negative aspect. For example the latest harmony korine movie

Now if some of you guys says the wilds actress are the least convincing, or bad? How can that series have a huge popularity in this site? Do you think that the lchatters just love a trashy and bad series as long there is a "lesbian" characters in it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2021, 03:43
LOLLL, i saw lot of people here always including The Wilds and the actress in the least convincing category :rofl:. Tbh i never watch any of the episode of The Wilds, but it seems like the majority of people in Lchat really like that series. The wilds thread is one of the thread that gained lot of traffic here, not to mention mia or erana thread.
As someone who love movie and tv series, i always think that the actor/actress performance are the most integral part in movie/tv, sometimes a movie could be really bad and sucked but the actor/actress performance could save the negative aspect. For example the latest harmony korine movie

Now if some of you guys says the wilds actress are the least convincing, or bad? How can that series have a huge popularity in this site? Do you think that the lchatters just love a trashy and bad series as long there is a "lesbian" characters in it?
I think after a while, most of the posters in The Wilds thread who like the canon ship moved off to the threads of the actresses and left the main show thread for mostly show talk? There's a lot about that show for the type of posters here to like which isn't the canon ship. I often see people in the main thread say all the things wrong with Shoni's writing / they don't like Shoni generally.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Who do you all think are the most and least convincing actress on The L Word, including Generation Q?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2021, 05:15
Who do you all think are the most and least convincing actress on The L Word, including Generation Q?
Well at least when it comes to the sex scenes I think Sepideh and Ari do a great job. I don't think anyone on GQ is unconvincing on the show. The acting from Rossany and Jaci is painful in places though.

Back to the OG the most unconvincing was Marlee Matlin ‐ her duck pout kisses were very distracting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Everyone on Gen q does not convince me even the actual lesbians Kate and leisha. It’s not their fault though, the direction is terrible.

Everyone from OG did an awesome job IMO. They always had a great knack with casting talented actresses who had CHEMISTRY with their scene partner. The direction from the actual lesbian directors like Angela and rose seems to have been a big help too. Anyway have to agree that marlee matlin didn’t have great chemistry with Jennifer Beals and therefore was unconvincing. She didn’t have a great character to work with though IMO like who even was Jodi? I’m not sure. Deanne Bray should’ve played the Jodi role. I was also unconvinced by Clementine Ford but that’s fair enough because her character was basically just experimenting anyway. And also Mia Kirshner wasn’t very convincing at being attracted to women, jenny came off as a self serving narcissist for the most part to me. Just a transactional based person.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This thread has just turned into a thread about what actress/show I don't like not about them being unconvincing as a lesbian.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Aug 2021, 04:01
Decent: Hailee Steinfeld in Dickinson. I'm a huge fan of hers, but she's a solid OK regarding playing a bisexual. I've seen worse, but I've seen better.
Fixed it for you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hailee in Dickinson is decent with the emotional stuff but looks very stiff with the physical stuff. Excluding the first kiss, the rest were painfully bad. She obviously does not like kissing another woman. I always thought she was a strong actor but she obviously cannot get passed this aspect of acting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Aug 2021, 19:41
Guest wrote:
09 Aug 2021, 19:19
Guest wrote:

Like this thing above.

It’s Korean dramas, don’t expect anything lol not even het couples can kisses. It’s like two fishes or just smelling each other mouth.
Omg accurate description :rofl:

Even the actresses in The Handmaiden kissed awkwardly!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2021, 08:18
This thread has just turned into a thread about what actress/show I don't like not about them being unconvincing as a lesbian.
x2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2021, 07:25
Guest wrote:
Everyone on Gen q does not convince me even the actual lesbians Kate and leisha. It’s not their fault though, the direction is terrible.

Everyone from OG did an awesome job IMO. They always had a great knack with casting talented actresses who had CHEMISTRY with their scene partner. The direction from the actual lesbian directors like Angela and rose seems to have been a big help too. Anyway have to agree that marlee matlin didn’t have great chemistry with Jennifer Beals and therefore was unconvincing. She didn’t have a great character to work with though IMO like who even was Jodi? I’m not sure. Deanne Bray should’ve played the Jodi role. I was also unconvinced by Clementine Ford but that’s fair enough because her character was basically just experimenting anyway. And also Mia Kirshner wasn’t very convincing at being attracted to women, jenny came off as a self serving narcissist for the most part to me. Just a transactional based person.
Yeah I agree about Mia Kirshner. She gave a great performance as Jenny, but somehow most of her sex/romantic scenes just weren't convincing. I saw maybe a little chemistry with Marina, but that's about it. People liked Jenny/Niki, but idk, they just acted like goofy teen girls. But yeah, like you said it all just felt transactional, and maybe that was on purpose...but I just never really bought Jenny as actually being all that attracted to women.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 11:09
Guest wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 11:04
Guest wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 10:51
Guest wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 09:04
Guest wrote:
13 Jul 2021, 13:33

A totally unexpected star turn. Was super surprised.
Gina is a confirmed bisexual though.
Confirmed where? Can I has some receipts pls. Like did she actually date a girl or even said she bi. I find her very hot and would love for this to be true.
I dont recall the interview but she outed herself and the director of Kajillionaire in one go 😂 And of course ERW is also bi. I think something was said to the effect of them all being queer.
Oh, here you go. I was wrong. Miranda July outed her 😂

https://www.etonline.com/kajillionaire- ... iew-153622
She was great in that movie! I'm totally into her now

Guesthouse
Reactions:

Post by Guesthouse »

This might bring out the beasts but can I nominate Lucy Lawless as the least? I know Xena wasn’t a lesbian and the whole bisexual thing was kind of a joke turned marketing ploy, but them acting like the ones who paved the way for actual representation doesn’t sit right with me. I read about this and it was obvious that she in particular acted annoyed at the notion back in the day. I think she says nice things now cause it’s the PC way nowadays. They claim to have pushed the envelop, to have tried to tell a love story between the heroine and her sidekick, but it wasn’t convincing at all. People still remember the het will they/won’t they pairing to this day. I don’t think she was ever genuine, nor did she do a good job selling the joke of the subtextual same sex relationship on that show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No offense cuz I think she's a classy actress........ but just cannot in my opinion credibly play gay............ the "straight" actress with the most lesbian roles........... Julianne Moore?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guesthouse wrote:
24 Aug 2021, 05:26
This might bring out the beasts but can I nominate Lucy Lawless as the least? I know Xena wasn’t a lesbian and the whole bisexual thing was kind of a joke turned marketing ploy, but them acting like the ones who paved the way for actual representation doesn’t sit right with me. I read about this and it was obvious that she in particular acted annoyed at the notion back in the day. I think she says nice things now cause it’s the PC way nowadays. They claim to have pushed the envelop, to have tried to tell a love story between the heroine and her sidekick, but it wasn’t convincing at all. People still remember the het will they/won’t they pairing to this day. I don’t think she was ever genuine, nor did she do a good job selling the joke of the subtextual same sex relationship on that show.
agree with everything you wrote

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Vanessa Williams on Gen Q. Looked terrified during her sex scene with Beals.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Aug 2021, 08:34
Hailee in Dickinson is decent with the emotional stuff but looks very stiff with the physical stuff. Excluding the first kiss, the rest were painfully bad. She obviously does not like kissing another woman. I always thought she was a strong actor but she obviously cannot get passed this aspect of acting.
Agree and disagree about Hailee Steinfield. I also think Hailee is decent playing a lesbian and pretty talented as an actress, I'm a fan of EmiSue but also I'm not delusional, and being honest I also think she acts good her kisses with her costar and puts effort on it to make it believable, but it's true that far away from that (like those scenes from last season in the bathtub) it's hard to buy it, she's so obviously straight.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 17:54
Laura Prepon.
She was ok in the 1st season of OITNB, but then the character just slowly morphed into her and it felt awkward to watch.
I felt like she couldn’t sell it well. I agree 1st season was good. Her kisses with Taylor were quite bland.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 06:51
I knew this would come up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 05:59
Guest wrote:
Well by L Word standards she was kinda rubbish.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Convincing: Lesley ann and Inbar form lucifer!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 06:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
yes, she's yet to master the signature J Beals orgasm-seizure face. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 07:44
Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 06:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
yes, she's yet to master the signature J Beals orgasm-seizure face. DA
I don't like Beals seizure face acting anymore than I like VW tight lipped look of terror. It was a bad sex scene for sure.