Re: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo - Film Adaptation

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 05:14
Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 20:32
Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2022, 18:21
I was hating the idea of Brittany snow as Celia but after seeing this picture? Maybe she isn’t so bad if they style her like this. (btw tjr liked)
That isn't the problem. Physically speaking she can kill it, she's pretty, has the whole "girl-next-door kind of face with big, round, pale blue eyes, long lashes" down to a notch and red looks quite natural on her, the issue here is that she isn't a good actress, she isn't the absolute worst either but Celia is literally a 3 times Oscar winner. I like Brittany Snow but facts are facts.
Celia is a fictional character, we have actresses that hadn't even finished high school play geniuses
This isn't comaprable, I can't take her seriously with an oscar in her hand and she's not that good of an actress to make me believe it sooo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 05:02
This adaptation/script needs to have major angst if they want to hook A-listers. The book was too millenial/gen-z imo.
I think the main problem is to get over the 7 husbands in a movie. It could be a lot to take for the audience, even those who read the book. I’m curious to see how they will around that.

Adaptations don’t have to perfectly similar to a book. They would do, imo, more favor to the plot to focus on Celia and Evelyn but the 7 husbands + Celia and Evelyn + the second plot and the revealing ending is a lot to tackle in a 2h max 3h hours movie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 11:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I was hating the idea of Brittany snow as Celia but after seeing this picture? Maybe she isn’t so bad if they style her like this. (btw tjr liked)
That isn't the problem. Physically speaking she can kill it, she's pretty, has the whole "girl-next-door kind of face with big, round, pale blue eyes, long lashes" down to a notch and red looks quite natural on her, the issue here is that she isn't a good actress, she isn't the absolute worst either but Celia is literally a 3 times Oscar winner. I like Brittany Snow but facts are facts.
Celia is a fictional character, we have actresses that hadn't even finished high school play geniuses
This isn't comaprable, I can't take her seriously with an oscar in her hand and she's not that good of an actress to make me believe it sooo.
Da, Celia part is not very challenging, any actress can do it well. Now Evelyn is way more complex, we will notice if the acting isn't good.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 11:17
Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 11:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da, Celia part is not very challenging, any actress can do it well. Now Evelyn is way more complex, we will notice if the acting isn't good.
Lmao?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love how people in here act like the chara ters are so complex :lol:

Dude like any actress that is half good at her job can pull them of.

You don't need Oscar winners.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Nov 2022, 17:42
I love how people in here act like the chara ters are so complex :lol:

Dude like any actress that is half good at her job can pull them of.

You don't need Oscar winners.
They are complex characters though.
Maybe we don’t need Oscar winners but it sure would help to have some to make it even more realistic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If ana is casted she will demand

-Multiple sex scenes with men
-Nudity in hetero sex scenes
-Lots of kisses with men
-All interviews with male co-stars
-Selfish Ana will want full focus on her so Celia role will be reduced to only 5 minutes

Then Lchat will cry.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2022, 15:41
Sadie is not pretty enough to play Celia imo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

she has nice hands

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone seen 1899 (Netflix)?

Emily Beecham, the actress who plays Maura Franklin would be a nice Celia

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I need some kind of news I'm so tired of waiting ughhhh :bigcry:
All anyone talks about is the daisy jones adaptation and how amazing it is and i'm jealous af. :(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Nov 2022, 04:02
Anyone seen 1899 (Netflix)?

Emily Beecham, the actress who plays Maura Franklin would be a nice Celia

Wow she’s beautiful

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm currently reading the book and I can't say I'm not imagining Jessica Chastain whenever Celia is mentioned. What even :lol: I wonder who the author had in mind when crafting that character because the Jessica vibe is really strong.

What I've read so far isn't amazing writing, but I do admit it's like a fanfic kind of crack. Can't put the book down.

Is the adaptation still happening?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 21:28
I'm currently reading the book and I can't say I'm not imagining Jessica Chastain whenever Celia is mentioned. What even :lol: I wonder who the author had in mind when crafting that character because the Jessica vibe is really strong.

What I've read so far isn't amazing writing, but I do admit it's like a fanfic kind of crack. Can't put the book down.

Welcome to the team anon :hug:
Yes it’s still happening as far as we know. It’s been & months since it was announced but we got 0 official news since then.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 21:28

Yassss lmao. Totally agree with JC. But I also pictured Ava gardner and Rita Hayworth too. But that’s cuz I love them both so they were def in my fantasy of it :$ :nervous: Lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 22:26
i can see her as Evelyn???
Oh shit, now that would be a twist but also I’m kinda into it. Now I’m not *not* thinking of her topping Jessica Chastain :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Have you all seen the daisy jones pics and teaser? It looks so damn good, the production looks amazing and they will have a weekly release...
I'm so sad, cause this is what Evelyn and us deserved. :bigcry:
I truly can't fathom how TJR's best and most popular book got the worst adaptation deal, like what the fuck?

Guestio
Reactions:

Post by Guestio »

Guest wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 21:11
Have you all seen the daisy jones pics and teaser? It looks so damn good, the production looks amazing and they will have a weekly release...
I truly can't fathom how TJR's best and most popular book got the worst adaptation deal, like what the fuck?
Maybe because the true love of the female protagonist is a woman?
Also, the team behind it is very weak and they don't really care. They do nothing. This book would be an amazing series but... :bigcry:
And the whole situation became worst when they chose Netflix. Their biggest mistake...
Have you heard anything new? About the production? At the end, they will make it or not?
Disappointing :(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
You don't get why gay things get the shit end of the stick over straight things?... Oh, honey... What a nice fantasy land you must live in.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 22:03
Guest wrote:
You don't get why gay things get the shit end of the stick over straight things?... Oh, honey... What a nice fantasy land you must live in.
It shouldn't be like that especially when Evelyn is more popular than Daisy...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

out of all the fancast favs who has the sexiest voice though? evelyn has to have a sultry voice idk.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone still rooting for De Armas as Evelyn after Blonde epically flopped and she exposed herself as a clueless idiot? :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 14:24
Anyone still rooting for De Armas as Evelyn after Blonde epically flopped and she exposed herself as a clueless idiot? :lol:
It didn't flop because of her. And it's obviously she'd be perfect for Evelyn. A whitish latina.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lesbian trauma over Netflix is at an all time high lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don’t get this narrative at all. Netflix gave us lots of gay content. Some were ok yet some were lame. Some renewed, some cancelled.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 02:52
I don’t get this narrative at all. Netflix gave us lots of gay content. Some were ok yet some were lame. Some renewed, some cancelled.
Indeed and all were canned due to viewership issues. I really liked Warrior Nun and found FK/TBH god awful but I don't think it was some evil conspiracy that either were cancelled.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Dec 2022, 02:30
Lesbian trauma over Netflix is at an all time high lol.

The likes… damn.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I couldn’t care less about her persona. All I care about is that she fits the part and is a good actress. That’s all. So yes I still want her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Eiza is rumoured to be Sue Storm so that kinda puts her out of the running for Evelyn.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
She has tons of fans and they're passionate.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

How about Rebecca Ferguson as Celia?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Dec 2022, 20:38
Guest wrote:
I couldn’t care less about her persona. All I care about is that she fits the part and is a good actress. That’s all. So yes I still want her.

Too bad straightest woman in world ANAL ARMASS will never want you. She loves men and c0ck and straight sex and will only agree for this film if there are many sex scene with men with nudity. The lez storyline will be cut to 5 minutes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Omg we're finally back, I can't believe THIS happened and the board was down, I was dying to talk about it with y'all, what do you think? Do you believe she'll play Celia or she just said that to be nice??? I literally jumped around my room screaming when I saw the video.
:dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 20:22
Omg we're finally back, I can't believe THIS happened and the board was down, I was dying to talk about it with y'all, what do you think? Do you believe she'll play Celia or she just said that to be nice??? I literally jumped around my room screaming when I saw the video.
twitter was over the moon when that clip came out, half first assuming it was another joke and the other half crying and screaming how they manifested jessica actually mentioning it lmao . I actually only casually follow film twt and even I casually came across people screaming about at netflix to get it done, she's their celia st james. so much i finally finished reading the book after years of people talking about it on here and recently on other sites :lol:

i feel like if it was a hbo series it would be more appealing to some actors like jessica because it'd allow for more of the plot to progress naturally and production wise they're on the higher end but it being a movie might be something appealing to her as well. she has said similar things before "sure send a script" about other fan castings and i think it really just depends on how appealing the script is to her (and probably scheduling)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
It feels so surreal to have this happen like I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw it. The fandom really did manifest it.
I really love how wide she smiles when she hears “Celia st. James” that made me so happy I’m really wondering if she read the book or just saw the fancasting on Twitter/tiktok.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 20:42
Guest wrote:
twitter was over the moon when that clip came out, half first assuming it was another joke and the other half crying and screaming how they manifested jessica actually mentioning it lmao . I actually only casually follow film twt and even I casually came across people screaming about at netflix to get it done, she's their celia st james. so much i finally finished reading the book after years of people talking about it on here and recently on other sites :lol:

i feel like if it was a hbo series it would be more appealing to some actors like jessica because it'd allow for more of the plot to progress naturally and production wise they're on the higher end but it being a movie might be something appealing to her as well. she has said similar things before "sure send a script" about other fan castings and i think it really just depends on how appealing the script is to her (and probably scheduling)
x2 The reaction on Twitter wow? I knew a lot of people wanted her to be Celia but like I saw tons of tweets about it with more than 20k likes and one with over 70k that’s insane + tiktok.
Netflix and TJR are fucked if they get another actress since people want her and Jessica said on live television she’s interested. The outrage that will happen if she doesn’t play Celia isn’t going to be pretty to watch :tmi:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She’s too old to play her. I feel like they need someone that is late 20s/early 30s.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 21:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

x2 The reaction on Twitter wow? I knew a lot of people wanted her to be Celia but like I saw tons of tweets about it with more than 20k likes and one with over 70k that’s insane + tiktok.
Netflix and TJR are fucked if they get another actress since people want her and Jessica said on live television she’s interested. The outrage that will happen if she doesn’t play Celia isn’t going to be pretty to watch :tmi:
sa yeah i follow her as an actress on and off and the amount of fans who have been talking about her as celia is incredible. there's younger book readers who don't really know her as an actress but know her through the fan cast talk over twitter/tiktok lol

i don't think they're fucked but netflix/tjr have kind of burrowed themselves into a corner because there seems to be a recent uptick in new fans of this book on tiktok (and that's how i realized the book was the same one i saw l chatters mentioning years ago lol) but they've been really dragging on getting scripts written/casting etc. hell more importantly i don't think they even have any idea who to go for with evelyn who is even more critical. people already are not pleased that it's only a movie with the timespan it covers how they're going to fit it all in. not to mention IF they managed to get chastain imo they'd have to flesh out celia's character a bit more bc the book was lacking in development in that area, particularly the jump from young to old celia. if not....well they'll be some more loud complaints thats for sure.

shame this movie couldn't be made earlier, because as i was binge reading the book i can see why so many fans fancast jessica chastain because she is quite celia st james coded lmao...like other anon have mentioned i think the age part might be a bit tricky. realistically you'd need 3 evelyns and 2 celias (one young and one in their late 20s/early30s and i don't know if jessica would fit there unless they age them up). in all honesty i have no clue how they're going to condense it all into a movie, husbands + celia included over the years. younger jessica chastain would've be amazing for the role so its too bad this wasn't green lit years ago

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 23:41
Guest wrote:
05 Feb 2023, 21:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

sa yeah i follow her as an actress on and off and the amount of fans who have been talking about her as celia is incredible. there's younger book readers who don't really know her as an actress but know her through the fan cast talk over twitter/tiktok lol

i don't think they're fucked but netflix/tjr have kind of burrowed themselves into a corner because there seems to be a recent uptick in new fans of this book on tiktok (and that's how i realized the book was the same one i saw l chatters mentioning years ago lol) but they've been really dragging on getting scripts written/casting etc. hell more importantly i don't think they even have any idea who to go for with evelyn who is even more critical. people already are not pleased that it's only a movie with the timespan it covers how they're going to fit it all in. not to mention IF they managed to get chastain imo they'd have to flesh out celia's character a bit more bc the book was lacking in development in that area, particularly the jump from young to old celia. if not....well they'll be some more loud complaints thats for sure.

shame this movie couldn't be made earlier, because as i was binge reading the book i can see why so many fans fancast jessica chastain because she is quite celia st james coded lmao...like other anon have mentioned i think the age part might be a bit tricky. realistically you'd need 3 evelyns and 2 celias (one young and one in their late 20s/early30s and i don't know if jessica would fit there unless they age them up). in all honesty i have no clue how they're going to condense it all into a movie, husbands + celia included over the years. younger jessica chastain would've be amazing for the role so its too bad this wasn't green lit years ago
If they get an actress of JC’s caliber then Celia has to be co-lead, who cares about the husbands. It’s far more interesting to delve into a closeted lesbian actress’ story along with Evelyn’s.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 05:12
How about Rebecca Ferguson as Celia?
Love Rebecca Ferguson, so he'll yes to this idea.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't know Jessica Chastain very well so I was wondering would this be a role that might interest her?
Also I would rather have one actress for Evelyn and Celia and not multiple one cause I feel like the actors know the character better and we as an audience too. Don't they use some de age AI tools now in hollywood? I feel like I saw something about that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They way TJR, or the productions companies didn't react to Jessica saying this isn't a good sign imo. :-/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Feb 2023, 08:58
I don't know Jessica Chastain very well so I was wondering would this be a role that might interest her?
Also I would rather have one actress for Evelyn and Celia and not multiple one cause I feel like the actors know the character better and we as an audience too. Don't they use some de age AI tools now in hollywood? I feel like I saw something about that.
Jessica is very talented and make up is so good that she can play both young and old celia.
No problem at all.