The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo - Film Adaptation

Reactions:

Re: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo - Film Adaptation

Post by Guest »

Is the author actually straight or are people assuming cause she has a husband?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

In my mind Evelyn looks like italian actress, Sophia Loren

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If we picture Evelyn from golden Hollywood actress , I always vision Evelyn face as Grace Kelly face with sex appeal from Marilyn Monroe

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 10:55
If we picture Evelyn from golden Hollywood actress , I always vision Evelyn face as Grace Kelly face with sex appeal from Marilyn Monroe
Grace looks too... German/caucasian. Plus she doesn't have sex appeal, has a more innocent face.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That’s why anon said face like Grace Kelly + sex appeal of Marilyn Monroe

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Please anything but Sofia Vergara....

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 11:32
except grace kelly's face has no sex appeal at all and thats my point. if anything i can picture her as celia.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Yes, thanks anon. You get it.
Apart from the skin, in the book Evelyn is white passing mean she has Caucasian feature. That's why she passed and became a big Hollywood star and no one questioned her background anymore after she dyed her hair blonde.
Old Hollywood and old generation were very racist , if her face was not passing as Caucasian , well there would be no book.
For sex appeal, Marilyn Monroe had it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 11:39
Guest wrote:
except grace kelly's face has no sex appeal at all and thats my point. if anything i can picture her as celia.
If you read the book, you will know Evelyn sex appeal did not come from her face. The woman had a big big boobs
Literally, a goddess face on a bombshell body :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 11:39
Guest wrote:
When you say that a person exudes sex appeal, it means the attractiveness comes from within the person. You don’t look at a body part and say that it has or doesn’t have sex appeal.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 10:21
same thing. Bisexual with a husband = straight life

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
She pings so hard, I was surprised to find out she has a husband.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 12:03
Guest wrote:
DA maybe she’s bi like Evelyn Hugo :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not you all acting clueless regarding what i said.

1. Yes she was white passing but obviously tan with ''exotic'' features, not white american. And that's precisely why she had to dye her hair. Otherwise she'd look more latina/hispanic/mediterranean. Just like Monica Belluci, Adriana Lima, Sofia Vergara, etc. All three women are ''white'' for all intents and purposes, but not the Grace Kelly kind of white.

2. On top of looking like the farthest thing away from a latino woman, Grace Kelly exudes pretty innocence. She's not striking nor sexy, she's exactly what Celia was described as: Extremely beautiful but with an all american girl next door charm.

3. Evelyn Hugo's attractiveness and sex appeal didn't com only from her boobs as some anon said. She was literally described as having a very striking and beautiful face with sharp thick eyebrows, she was a sensual woman. Probably had hooded eyes and other characteristiscs that made her naturally sexy. Women wish they had her face, it wasn't just about her personality or way of carrying herself.

So stop comparing her to actresses like Ana de Armas or Grace Kelly. Thank you for listening to my ted talk.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 09:18
My problem with Eiza is she's no as pretty as i imagine Evelyn to be...
I get not seeing Eiza in the part but she's so gorgeous to me. :blinkwide:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Who care about your thought, we're merely strangers on the internet :rofl:
This is lesbian forum. People can dream cast anything they want, it 's not serious.
Do whatever you want girls, dream cast whoever you want :hug:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
? <_<

She does ping. Also, I dont think any purely straight woman would devote months and months of time writting lesbian fanfiction :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 16:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
? <_<

She does ping. Also, I dont think any purely straight woman would devote months and months of time writting lesbian fanfiction :nails:
it wasn't remotely lesbian fan fiction, it was bihet fan fiction
all of you are bihets and it shows

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 16:53
This is lesbian forum. People can dream cast anything they want, it 's not serious.
I agree. We’re just stating who we imagined Evelyn to be. That anon needs to relax.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is that a pic of grace kelly? it doesn't even look like her. looks a bit like reminds me of emma roberts

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
what gave you the idea i care about yours? its the internet babe, they have the right to dreamcast a white woman to play a latina and i have the right to disagree and write a whole book about it <3

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

the pic also looks a bit like kristen wiig in a way

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I can't see how this book has received good reviews from the community, I mean from bisexual women maybe, but from lesbians? Evelyyn has everything that a decent woman repudiates. She used her body to be famous, the woman she says she loved and was the love of life was only necessary when she was tired of men.

Bisexual women are described as traitors , untrustworthy and sluts. I agree that bis are like that, but seeing them agree with this story without accusing the author of being biphobic is interesting and shows how hypocritical bis are. :eyeroll:

The lesbian character is ridiculous, no lesbian would accept that the woman she loves had a child with a man of good will when they were together. Celia in the author's eyes shows that lesbians do not have self-love and that they do everything for the woman they like. Never in real life would this happen. No one would be an idiot for years.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Oct 2021, 20:15
I can't see how this book has received good reviews from the community, I mean from bisexual women maybe, but from lesbians? Evelyyn has everything that a decent woman repudiates. She used her body to be famous, the woman she says she loved and was the love of life was only necessary when she was tired of men.

Bisexual women are described as traitors , untrustworthy and sluts. I agree that bis are like that, but seeing them agree with this story without accusing the author of being biphobic is interesting and shows how hypocritical bis are. :eyeroll:

The lesbian character is ridiculous, no lesbian would accept that the woman she loves had a child with a man of good will when they were together. Celia in the author's eyes shows that lesbians do not have self-love and that they do everything for the woman they like. Never in real life would this happen. No one would be an idiot for years.
Just stfu you annoying c---. :yawn:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

js

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 16:34

1. Yes she was white passing but obviously tan with ''exotic'' features, not white american. And that's precisely why she had to dye her hair. Otherwise she'd look more latina/hispanic/mediterranean. Just like Monica Belluci, Adriana Lima, Sofia Vergara, etc. All three women are ''white'' for all intents and purposes, but not the Grace Kelly kind of white.

2. On top of looking like the farthest thing away from a latino woman, Grace Kelly exudes pretty innocence. She's not striking nor sexy, she's exactly what Celia was described as: Extremely beautiful but with an all american girl next door charm.

3. Evelyn Hugo's attractiveness and sex appeal didn't com only from her boobs as some anon said. She was literally described as having a very striking and beautiful face with sharp thick eyebrows, she was a sensual woman. Probably had hooded eyes and other characteristiscs that made her naturally sexy. Women wish they had her face, it wasn't just about her personality or way of carrying herself.

So stop comparing her to actresses like Ana de Armas or Grace Kelly. Thank you for listening to my ted talk.
Please, 16 year old Ana de Armas in Una Rosa de Francia is basically teen Evelyn in the book:

And she's way sexier than Grace Kelly:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 03:43
Guest wrote:

js
da she fucked other men when she wasn't married and dating Celia. So literally a bislut but of course bisluts will deny this and yet you're all over that book because it represents you, the OP is right

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Don’t waste your time responding to pressed anon about the book they’re not worth it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Oct 2021, 11:20
Guest wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 03:43
Guest wrote:

js
da she fucked other men when she wasn't married and dating Celia. So literally a bislut but of course bisluts will deny this and yet you're all over that book because it represents you, the OP is right

Exactly. What I can't understand is how bis watch this kind of story and don't see how toxic it is. As a lesbian I was angry to see described that the lesbian (celia) was still with Evelyn even when she wanted to have a child with her "gay" best friend. The straight author wants to say that a gay can also sleep with women. Do they love men so much they don't realize how disgusting this is? They are disgusting ^o)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do they never get tired? Imagine writing essays about a book you didn't like for pages and pages :yawn:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

our leading ladies hung out today

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is the adaptation even going ahead still? There have been so few updates about it since it was announced…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 20:33
Guest wrote:
what gave you the idea i care about yours? its the internet babe, they have the right to dreamcast a white woman to play a latina and i have the right to disagree and write a whole book about it <3
DA you told us to “stop comparing her to actresses like Ana de Armas or Grace Kelly“ which means you care about who we dreamcast as Evelyn. Otherwise, you wouldn’t have told us to stop.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Oct 2021, 05:59
Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2021, 16:34

Please, 16 year old Ana de Armas in Una Rosa de Francia is basically teen Evelyn in the book:

And she's way sexier than Grace Kelly:

Plenty of actresses were and are sexier than Grace Kelly but they’re not A-listers like GK. Just like there were plenty of sexier actresses than Evelyn but they didn’t have her star quality.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Grace Kelly is no longer available to play Evelyn so if some people wants to fancast her as Evelyn why can’t you let them be? There’s no need to rain on anyone’s parade. She’s not a threat to your fave getting the role.

Also, if you look at the castings of popular books turned to movies or series, none of the fan favorites get the roles. I’m 99% sure that the actresses who will eventually play Evelyn and Celia have never been mentioned in this thread.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 07:05
Grace Kelly is no longer available to play Evelyn so if some people wants to fancast her as Evelyn why can’t you let them be? There’s no need to rain on anyone’s parade. She’s not a threat to your fave getting the role.

Also, if you look at the castings of popular books turned to movies or series, none of the fan favorites get the roles. I’m 99% sure that the actresses who will eventually play Evelyn and Celia have never been mentioned in this thread.
This x10000000
Most popular film adaptation casted no name actors (robert pattinson for twilight , jennifer lawrence for The hunger game, they were nobody before these films). Initially, people were outrage fot these castings because they didn't match character image in their head but they ended up loving these actors anyway.
Casting director will do what they want, none of us here has any power regarding that matter.
Let's people have fun, it's that serious anyway. People here can dream cast who they want.
We have no news regarding the adaptation anyway, for all we know it may take years.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Oct 2021, 22:24
our leading ladies hung out today
Only one of them will get the part. Who will it be?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Celia : I’m going to forget Evelyn
The wind :

:lol:
The engagement on this tweet though :blinkwide: Evelyn and Celia are popular af imagine when the adaptation is out, it’s going to be crazy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

While reading the book I tend to picture Evelyn as a mix between Rita Hayworth (changing herself in order to look more american, I could bet that the author took this actress as inspo) and Marilyn Monroe (sex symbol). And now that I did some research, perhaps also a bit of the fierceness of Lauren Bacall or Sophia Loren.

And for Celia I'm not really sure... I imagine a certain type of "innocence" on her at the beginning. They often describe her beauty as girl next-door, with round eyes and all. She was also incredibly talented and the best example for all of that would be Audrey Hepburn.

The author clearly took inspo from the top celebrities of those times so we probably got it right with at least one of all the actresses that we have named in the thread. I can also see it happening with the other actresses that some of you have mentioned.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 11:18
Another anon wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 09:15
Just finished and loved the book. I kind of imagined Sarah Gadon as a young Celia. She has that old timey Hollywood look and girl-next-door vibe.
Wow yep I can see it too.
X3 can totally see it too. It would be amazing if they cast her or an actress of similar appearance for Celia.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So I started reading it the other day and I left it up to chap 44 (so around the 440 page) and it ended with

I can see why some of us are caught up by it and is getting such a big ruckus in the lesbian community and yet it also bothers me that the author probably think that they nailed it with the wlw aspect of their book when they definitely didn’t.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 00:44
So I started reading it the other day and I left it up to chap 44 (so around the 440 page) and it ended with

I can see why some of us are caught up by it and is getting such a big ruckus in the lesbian community and yet it also bothers me that the author probably think that they nailed it with the wlw aspect of their book when they definitely didn’t.
God yeah you've captured the emotional rollercoaster that is this book. I can never reread or relisten to this book again. I don't even know if I can watch the adaptation though I'm sure they'll fix a lot of the issues by making their relationship more romantic.

Whether you feel like finishing the book or not I think you're already so invested that if you don't finish you'll wonder what the ending is forever.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 11:41
Guest wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 00:44

God yeah you've captured the emotional rollercoaster that is this book. I can never reread or relisten to this book again. I don't even know if I can watch the adaptation though I'm sure they'll fix a lot of the issues by making their relationship more romantic.

Whether you feel like finishing the book or not I think you're already so invested that if you don't finish you'll wonder what the ending is forever.
You were right, I did indeed finish it and I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised.

What was your take on it anon? Did you like it? or hated it? or was it in between?
Perhaps the author knew we would be left in a gray area with our feelings just like Monique...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

All in all, sounds delightful...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 17:19
All in all, sounds delightful...
:rofl:
not quite sold on it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 13:41
A lot of people want Ana De Armas as Evelyn but she's already doing a Marilyn Monroe biopic so this would probably feel reductive. I personally would like to see someone like Eiza Gonzalez. Evelyn is a white or white-passing latina and I think Eiza fits the bill.
Eiza definitely fits the bill. Her life and Hollywood career are also quite similar to Evelyn. Changed herself in order to be more appealing for the Hollywood masses. She has those brown eyes and the type of beauty that would have you looking twice. Although just as Ana de Armas, she seems to be doing a biopic of María Felix so it could also be a bit repetitive... but she would certainly kill it as Evelyn Hugo.

Besides as another anon said, productions rarely cast the fans favorite so we will most likely get two unknown actresses for the movie. I just hope that the one that does Evelyn is indeed latin or has latin heritage otherwise a vital part of the character that makes her who she is, would be disregarded.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Am I the only one that was left hungry for more wlw stories with Hollywood's golden era as their context?? Another wlw with famous figures, preferably 2 famous actresses of those times? a bit of a remake of this story but better lol

Like I bet there could be some properly written and compelling stories made from that. I mean, there's so much material to explore.

It also leaves me thinking on actresses such as Marilyn Monroe, Katharine Hepburn, Marlene Dietrich, Joan Crawford and the list goes on and on. There's also rumors of some same sex one night stands from Elizabeth Taylor (allegedly with Marilyn Monroe), Brigitte Bardot, etc. It wouldn't be so far fetched to think that more known actresses also fooled around here and there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 18:57
Am I the only one that was left hungry for more wlw stories with Hollywood's golden era as their context?? Another wlw with famous figures, preferably 2 famous actresses of those times? a bit of a remake of this story but better lol

Like I bet there could be some properly written and compelling stories made from that. I mean, there's so much material to explore.

It also leaves me thinking on actresses such as Marilyn Monroe, Katharine Hepburn, Marlene Dietrich, Joan Crawford and the list goes on and on. There's also rumors of some same sex one night stands from Elizabeth Taylor (allegedly with Marilyn Monroe), Brigitte Bardot, etc. It wouldn't be so far fetched to think that more known actresses also fooled around here and there.
there was supposed to be a movie coming out about dietrich and garbo and their lovers to enemies story but idk what came of it

Huest
Reactions:

Post by Huest »

I just finished the book.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Look at the amount of engagement that this tweet that has extracts from the book got... :blinkwide: