Reactions:

Re: The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo - Film Adaptation

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 19:10
Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 18:52
Jessica you will always be Celia St. James :bigcry:
It's literally Celia omg, TJR WAKE UP this is Celia.
X5 If Jessica is the producer chances are she would play this role :dramaqueen:

Guedt
Reactions:

Post by Guedt »

Oh god please not Brittany Snow. Just give us unknowns.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Man, if only Ana de Armas could act. She really is the closest person today that could pass looking like what I'd assume Evelyn to look like.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 02:44
Man, if only Ana de Armas could act. She really is the closest person today that could pass looking like what I'd assume Evelyn to look like.
What do you mean? She could act. Watch Knives Out.
She just needs more meaty role not the 10 minutes hottie she has been getting from No time to die or blade runner.
Evelyn could be that role :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 02:20
Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 19:10
Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 18:52
Jessica you will always be Celia St. James :bigcry:
It's literally Celia omg, TJR WAKE UP this is Celia.
X5 If Jessica is the producer chances are she would play this role :dramaqueen:
Fuck I’ll forever be bitter that she didn’t play her, she’s the ultimate dream cast for Celia, I’d give anything.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 03:03
Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 02:44
What do you mean? She could act. Watch Knives Out.
She just needs more meaty role not the 10 minutes hottie she has been getting from No time to die or blade runner.
Evelyn could be that role :nails:
Okay fair, I truly did not like Knives Out. But putting that aside, yeah I mean give her something to work with maybe it could do.
okay. I like Ana and Sarah Gadon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 11:21
WTF I can’t take it anymore they did Celia’s character dirty I don’t think I could ever accept this casting true or not its atrocious #Justice4CeliaStJames :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 12:38
Guest wrote:
WTF I can’t take it anymore they did Celia’s character dirty I don’t think I could ever accept this casting true or not its atrocious #Justice4CeliaStJames :dramaqueen:
There were people proposing Olivia Cook so we could have had it a lot worse imo. Also, if this is true, and she is already a redhead, shooting may start soon (? :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 13:51
Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 12:38
Guest wrote:
There were people proposing Olivia Cook so we could have had it a lot worse imo. Also, if this is true, and she is already a redhead, shooting may start soon (? :nervous:
I never understood people who wanted Olivia Cooke, like what?? She doesn't even have blue eyes, and contacts would've looked unnatural.
About shooting there is no way, they'd have to announce the cast, the network, the format and everything before that. I remember a story TJR posted I think it was in August that we would get news soon so idk, it's been a while.. I'm desperate.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

wbk tjr hated celia and casting brittany snow as her is even more proof of that, the way she's insulting celia's character ugh my girl doesn't deserve this

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
This is a joke.. right

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Meh, she is better than 95% of the names being tossed around since 2019... I'll take it. My real worry is who will play Evelyn =_= =_= =_=

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 19:00
Meh, she is better than 95% of the names being tossed around since 2019... I'll take it. My real worry is who will play Evelyn =_= =_= =_=
You must be kidding right? how is Brittany Snow any better than actual fan faves (Jessica Chastian or Sarah Gadon) those two can act while Brittany can’t. I felt like those who say things like “Meh she is better than 95% of the names being tossed around” blah blah were former fans & shippers of Brittany Snow & Anna Kendrick. Celia St. James a 3x academy award winner will be portrayed by a D+list actress Brittany Snow who has zero academy awards or nominations and only wins for MTV awards? It simply doesn’t make sense

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So they started casting for the film? Also who tf is Brittany Snow?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 19:43
So they started casting for the film? Also who tf is Brittany Snow?
no official casting announcement yet but many suspect she’s up for the role because of TJR’s IG comments. Brittany Snow is known for Pitch Perfect & John Tucker Must Die 🤮

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm dying to know if Jennifer Beals and Ilene Chaiken are still on the projet, but I'm thinking no since they completely changed network and everything. I'm kind of sad about it because at least it would've been between the hands of an actual lesbian and Evelyn and Celia's relationship would've been more developed I think...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 19:34
Guest wrote:
You must be kidding right? how is Brittany Snow any better than actual fan faves (Jessica Chastian or Sarah Gadon) those two can act while Brittany can’t. I felt like those who say things like “Meh she is better than 95% of the names being tossed around” blah blah were former fans & shippers of Brittany Snow & Anna Kendrick. Celia St. James a 3x academy award winner will be portrayed by a D+list actress Brittany Snow who has zero academy awards or nominations and only wins for MTV awards? It simply doesn’t make sense
These two are also awful. lol. They are both to old and Sarah Gadon is not hispanic. Maybe Jessica as a old Celia.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

With all these names i have zero expectasions. Should be able to find a beautiful 20ish hispanic women for Evelyn, Netflix have many mexican actresses e.g. and someone like Phoebe Dynevor for Celia. If well known names are important they can come in for their older versions like Jessica Chastain (Celia) and for her husbands. Ffs. Going to screw up the story.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 00:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
These two are also awful. lol. They are both to old and Sarah Gadon is not hispanic. Maybe Jessica as a old Celia.
Celia isn’t Hispanic but Evelyn Hugo is. Anon stated how Chastian and Gadon are fan favorites for Celia St James and no they aren’t awful

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 00:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Celia isn’t Hispanic but Evelyn Hugo is. Anon stated how Chastian and Gadon are fan favorites for Celia St James and no they aren’t awful
I know Evelyn is the hispanic one and from what i gathered people want Gadon for Evelyn not Celia. So yes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don’t know how to word it but like Brittany Snow is too modern she has millennial energy written all over her and that’s just not Celia.
Jessica Chastain has the perfect look, the elegance and that old Hollywood look and most importantly the acting. But I guess she won’t do for the younger part sadly, but she can def be 30 year old Celia to the end.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 00:32
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I know Evelyn is the hispanic one and from what i gathered people want Gadon for Evelyn not Celia. So yes.
No DA learn how to page catch and read properly they want Sarah Gadon as Celia St. James not Evelyn Hugo

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
DA - Well you gathered bad then because we said that she would be a good fit for Celia. No Evelyn. You can pc if you want.

I agree with Jessica Chastian though, she's a great actress and those edits definitely sold it for me but she's far too old to play Celia.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just give me unknowns that can act. At the rate this is progressing, we’re going to get content in 2025.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 01:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA - Well you gathered bad then because we said that she would be a good fit for Celia. No Evelyn. You can pc if you want.

I agree with Jessica Chastian though, she's a great actress and those edits definitely sold it for me but she's far too old to play Celia.
My bad then. Jessica would only fit as her older version and Gadon is also a bit to old, doesn’t fit at all imo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

the way tjr is going to regret writing a lesbian character after lesbians come after her for the casting, I mean almost fucking 900 qrt for an interaction on instagram? she's not ready

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 01:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

My bad then. Jessica would only fit as her older version and Gadon is also a bit to old, doesn’t fit at all imo.
But when we get Brittany Snow, nightmare. Rather not have adaptation

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
This. Also Brittany's good, just make sure Evelyn and their chemistry is good and they will work around each other. Lift each other's abilities up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 20:33
I'm dying to know if Jennifer Beals and Ilene Chaiken are still on the projet, but I'm thinking no since they completely changed network and everything. I'm kind of sad about it because at least it would've been between the hands of an actual lesbian and Evelyn and Celia's relationship would've been more developed I think...
I'm so glad if this is the case, they produce trash. so.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 01:57
Guest wrote:
This. Also Brittany's good, just make sure Evelyn and their chemistry is good and they will work around each other. Lift each other's abilities up.
Bye

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 01:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Sarah and Brittany are only 34/33??? Jessica yes, is too old. She's 44. :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
OP here, no I am not a shipper, I only saw one Pitch Perfect movie also lol, I was just talking in terms of looks. Also, ofc I know Jessica Chastain would be a better if not the best choice but we dont know anything about this project (in terms of budget) so, if they are going for Brittany Snow they obviously cant afford Chastain, Taylor Joy or Ana de Armas for Evelyn (to name a few). This was going to be on Freeform for crying out loud :nervous: Let's lower our expectations and hope for the best :goldstar:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Most importantly give us an actress that can comfortably kiss a woman PLEASE I don’t wanna see closed mouthed kisses we’re talking about miss Celia St James.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 02:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

They are to old for the role. They literally meet each other around 20, again 25 etc. And sorry but Brittany is to ugly, the vibe is not there. It would be tragedy

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 02:05
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
OP here, no I am not a shipper, I only saw one Pitch Perfect movie also lol, I was just talking in terms of looks. Also, ofc I know Jessica Chastain would be a better if not the best choice but we dont know anything about this project (in terms of budget) so, if they are going for Brittany Snow they obviously cant afford Chastain, Taylor Joy or Ana de Armas for Evelyn (to name a few). This was going to be on Freeform for crying out loud :nervous: Let's lower our expectations and hope for the best :goldstar:
Thank you, this. It's not a high budget production. It's not on HBO (well maybe now WHO KNOWS). Also... we have no real idea that Brittany's even attached. People literally jumping to conclusions.

Would've been cool if Reese Witherspoon's company would've picked it up though, since she was behind picking up Daisy Jones.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 02:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

They are to old for the role. They literally meet each other around 20, again 25 etc. And sorry but Brittany is to ugly, the vibe is not there. It would be tragedy
They're not, that's what wardrobe and make up is for. And anyways, its a progression of their ages throughout the book. They aren't 25 the whole time.

Not to mention, if they stick to the era, most actors and actresses did not look their age. Period. Old Hollywood everyone looked way more mature.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 02:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

They're not, that's what wardrobe and make up is for. And anyways, its a progression of their ages throughout the book. They aren't 25 the whole time.

Not to mention, if they stick to the era, most actors and actresses did not look their age. Period. Old Hollywood everyone looked way more mature.
Idk if you are hurt because you are around their age but Brittany is not pretty enough to justify the Celia from the books, bye

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Thank you, this. It's not a high budget production. It's not on HBO (well maybe now WHO KNOWS). Also... we have no real idea that Brittany's even attached. People literally jumping to conclusions.

Would've been cool if Reese Witherspoon's company would've picked it up though, since she was behind picking up Daisy Jones.
Forever side eying her for choosing Daisy Jones over Evelyn, like wtf?
Imagine if Evelyn truly ends up being on fucking freeform when it deserves so much more :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well Brittany doesn’t look any younger then Jessica tho :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Get it but its possible to cast actresses like Olivia Cooke etc then. Doesn’t have to be really big names. Should otherwise sometimes just stay on the paper.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 02:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

x5 Seriously people act like Jessica is on her 60s she’s only 44 and she looks much younger than Brittany Snow. Age is just a number most actors don’t match with their characters age

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 02:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

x5 Seriously people act like Jessica is on her 60s she’s only 44 and she looks much younger than Brittany Snow. Age is just a number most actors don’t match with their characters age
I’m a fan of Jessica, but tbh she looks too old for Celia. She’s always looked older to me than she actually is though.

Brittany I’m indifferent over.

Sarah Gadon is my choice.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 02:25
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Forever side eying her for choosing Daisy Jones over Evelyn, like wtf?
Imagine if Evelyn truly ends up being on fucking freeform when it deserves so much more :bigcry:
If it ends up on Freeform, bye. :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 03:06
Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 02:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I’m a fan of Jessica, but tbh she looks too old for Celia. She’s always looked older to me than she actually is though.

Brittany I’m indifferent over.

Sarah Gadon is my choice.
What i’m trying to say is that Jessica is too old but so is Brittany because even though she is 10 years younger she doesn’t look any younger then the other. She is also not pretty enough. Olivia Cooke would be the best option for Celia by every affordable name mentioned. Whatever, i don’t have any expectasions anyways.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anon hit it on the head when she said Brittany Snow doesn’t have that old Hollywood feel or look. She’s not ugly by any means - just too modern.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

RIP #mycelia :sadangel: Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If Brittany Snow is the best they can get for Celia. Then, I lose all hope for this adaptation :yawn:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 04:27
RIP #mycelia :sadangel: Image
perhaps in another realm she’s Celia St. James :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 04:56