Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 17:56
Guest wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 23:26
Guest wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 20:37
Never get tired of these

https://twitter.com/gobeheroes/status/1 ... 92997?s=21
That didn't work in portuguese dub cause they already spoiled making Josh say "your ex girlfriend"
It didn't work in polish language either because both "your" and "ex" are gendered in polish so when they said "your ex" it was clear they were talking about a girl
shame, because i was watching it the second time with my brother and i would have loved to see his reaction as he hadn't seen the trailer :nervous:
DA I think in those cases I would have gone with just saying Sam's name... but it's interesting what issues come up with translating Image
polish anon, well declining names is also gendered so I think in most cases using Sam in a sentence would still indicate that Sam is a girl :rofl:
but I'm actually a translating major so I know there are ways to make it as gender neutral as possible tho you have to get creative
but you're right the art of translation is really fascinating

Reactions:

Re: Fear Street Trilogy - Netflix

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 18:04
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Never get tired of these

That didn't work in portuguese dub cause they already spoiled making Josh say "your ex girlfriend"
It didn't work in polish language either because both "your" and "ex" are gendered in polish so when they said "your ex" it was clear they were talking about a girl
shame, because i was watching it the second time with my brother and i would have loved to see his reaction as he hadn't seen the trailer :nervous:
DA I think in those cases I would have gone with just saying Sam's name... but it's interesting what issues come up with translating Image
It depends on the "care" that goes into translating. If they get notes about things like this ("Sam being a girl needs to be a surprise for the audience"), they always try to accommodate it to the best of their ability.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 18:09
Kiana and Olivia were on a mission speed round! They're cute :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 18:13
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Never get tired of these

polish anon, well declining names is also gendered so I think in most cases using Sam in a sentence would still indicate that Sam is a girl :rofl:
but I'm actually a translating major so I know there are ways to make it as gender neutral as possible tho you have to get creative
Interesting, interesting. I didn't realize even using the name would give it away. But yes, as you said, I'd expect there would be ways to get around it, even if it got complicated.
Guest wrote:
It depends on the "care" that goes into translating. If they get notes about things like this ("Sam being a girl needs to be a surprise for the audience"), they always try to accommodate it to the best of their ability.
Right, it may have not been a high enough priority. It's honestly pretty cool that when you have a Netflix release, you know you're going to get a REAL worldwide release and it'll be translated and even dubbed into so many other languages. All these people across the world watching my little lesbians. :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 17:54

my favssss!
Really cute :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

this a good react too :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 18:25
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Interesting, interesting. I didn't realize even using the name would give it away. But yes, as you said, I'd expect there would be ways to get around it, even if it got complicated.
Guest wrote:
Right, it may have not been a high enough priority. It's honestly pretty cool that when you have a Netflix release, you know you're going to get a REAL worldwide release and it'll be translated and even dubbed into so many other languages. All these people across the world watching my little lesbians. :wub:
I love how they have basically been adopted by everyone. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why is the fanfic for this pairing so depressing? The ending is triumphant and they end up happy, bantering and eating cheeseburgers. Why is the fanfic so angsty? Half of them are about PTSD.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

crying

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 18:43
Why is the fanfic for this pairing so depressing? The ending is triumphant and they end up happy, bantering and eating cheeseburgers. Why is the fanfic so angsty? Half of them are about PTSD.
People tend to write for what they didn't get. So bad endings get fixits, good endings get PTSD and processing. Though, if we're being realistic, they WOULD be dealing with a large amount of PTSD. I think it gives writers something meaty to grab onto and write about, too, the "plot", as it were.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Even tho kiana and Olivia appear very different, they seem pretty compatible with each other

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just wanted to say how much I love this thread. I've been on L chat for years and read A LOT of threads and I think this is definitely one of the nicest and most positive ones. I'm glad everyone seems so happy and have a lot of fun here. :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 18:46
Guest wrote:
Even tho kiana and Olivia appear very different, they seem pretty compatible with each other
Natural chemistry.
“There were several other actors, but when Olivia and I went in together, it just felt different. It felt special.” :nervous:

I’m soooooo curious who the other actors that were auditioning for Sam and Deena tho ngl. But they hit the nail on the head with these two!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How people getting subs for their native language I only got a dub and it is was terrible. :mask: Watching these movies in my native language gives very weird vibes

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 19:15
I just wanted to say how much I love this thread. I've been on L chat for years and read A LOT of threads and I think this is definitely one of the nicest and most positive ones. I'm glad everyone seems so happy and have a lot of fun here. :wub:
It really is, good material matters :dance2:

People do love this scene this blew up big: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdWXNXsD/
And a straight ppl react compilation: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMdWXYL52/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 19:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Natural chemistry.
There were several other actors, but when Olivia and I went in together, it just felt different. It felt special.” :nervous:

I’m soooooo curious who the other actors that were auditioning for Sam and Deena tho ngl. But they hit the nail on the head with these two!
Link?? :queen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

my favssss!
My heart!
When did this happened?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 19:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Natural chemistry.
There were several other actors, but when Olivia and I went in together, it just felt different. It felt special.” :nervous:

https://i-d.vice.com/en_uk/article/g5gw ... orror-cast

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Olivia and Kiana's high five is my new fav thing in the world. :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 19:25
How people getting subs for their native language I only got a dub and it is was terrible. :mask: Watching these movies in my native language gives very weird vibes
oh anon, that blows. is it a regular thing with netflix in your country? where are you from?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol every reaction I've watched so far has had a "what the fuck is dalliance" moment on the part of the reactor. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 19:33
Guest wrote:

my favssss!
My heart!
When did this happened?
This is the premiere for 1994.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 19:33
Guest wrote:

my favssss!
My heart!
When did this happened?
Thats the premier, so a couple of weeks ago.. maybe a month

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thanks, girls. :hug:
So good to see them together again. :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 19:49
Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 19:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Natural chemistry.

https://i-d.vice.com/en_uk/article/g5gw ... orror-cast
Thank you

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 21:03
Nooooooo :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sam is just as whipped as Deena is lol Why do people question it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They're so soft. We need to see more of them being just them in normal days. Deena must be the kinda who would jump in to open all the doors to Sam. :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 21:10
Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 21:03
Nooooooo :bigcry:
The other white card on the right also says ENA, presumably the end of DEENA, with little hearts all over. The thought of Sam carefully making these with construction paper and markers... Image Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I need fics. Happy fics. I need more of them somehow :crybabe:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Olivia always makes the best faces lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 21:11
They be blind?! Look at her lil smile!

Reasons why I want another 90's FS so we can see more of Sam's POV. She was possessed, passed out of tied up I feel for about 70% of the film :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 21:30
Guest wrote:
Reasons why I want another 90's FS so we can see more of Sam's POV. She was possessed, passed out of tied up I feel for about 70% of the film :lol:
I think a lot of the stuff people complained about they didn't pay attention to. But yes, if Sam and Deena do come back, I hope Sam gets to play a more major role next time. Leigh has mentioned Netflix is excited about the possibility of expanding the universe so at least it's something they may consider. And tbh I trust Leigh and Phil if Sam and Deena return. Anybody else doing these movies/universe is a no from me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 21:17
I need fics. Happy fics. I need more of them somehow :crybabe:
I'm surprised at the lack of pre-break up fics. I would've thought that's what a lot of people would love to jump on.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

More fics about them being demon slayer gfs pls. Leigh even gave an opening with someone stealing the book. Also more personality for sam this time around.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 21:19
Olivia always makes the best faces lol

I wanna live with Olivia. :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 21:30
Guest wrote:

Right? This was the only thing I'd change if I could. Lol
Sam was so nervous talking to Deena at the beginning, you can see how much she loves Deena from there. Not to mention the way she looks at Deena everytime but people are stupid and will always find thing to complain anyway.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 22:03
I like this interviewer. She's clearly a fan of the media but not fangirly or unprofessional, and she does her research and is prepared

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 22:06
Kiana and Olivia are making me love them even more and I thought it wasn't even possible. I'm melting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Cindy was not at all happy go lucky. She was a control freak and her positivity was forced. But I get what kianna was trying to say.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She likes the theory that Ziggy took the book. And she mentions the trauma Deena with through and how she def grieved the loss of Simon and Kate afterwards.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just realised that the whole "You hurtthe ones you love" is because Solomon told Sarah that he loved her, so the whole the killers killing those they love comes from Solomon and the fact that only the males are the ones that went on and killed them, while the females seemed to restrain themselves Ruby killing herself and Sam snnaping out of it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So they both were casted at the same time? :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 22:07
Guest wrote:
I like this interviewer. She's clearly a fan of the media but not fangirly or unprofessional, and she does her research and is prepared
Same. I loved what she said to Kiana at the end.
Kiana is so beautifil. :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I really appreciate more and more with each interview how damn eloquent and thoughtful Kiana is.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I also think Ziggy got the book but I don't like it. :unsure: