Guest wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 10:27
Guest wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 09:42
Guest wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 04:12
https://archiveofourown.org/works/34067 ... 3#workskin

A cute new one. I miss fics. I miss them. :bigcry:
Lols. I like how you describe it as cute and the first words I'm met with when I click it is "hate crime" and "sexual assault". But I'm game, I'll give it a go.
It's not great but it'll do in a pinch. I miss the horse girl fic and unholy trinity sequel and I miss the 19k fics. It's so dry out there.
Everytime I say this something updates :rofl:

Reactions:

Re: Fear Street Trilogy - Netflix

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 19:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Lols. I like how you describe it as cute and the first words I'm met with when I click it is "hate crime" and "sexual assault". But I'm game, I'll give it a go.
It's not great but it'll do in a pinch. I miss the horse girl fic and unholy trinity sequel and I miss the 19k fics. It's so dry out there.
So keep saying it, anon. Maybe the goode fic will listen too. :fingcross: :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

TWO updates! :nervous: :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 19:33
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

TWO updates! :nervous: :dance2:
giirl :dead:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 08:47
Guest wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 05:01
Watched part 3 and maan they were asking alot of the cast with those accents lol
LOL anon. No lies detected.
Leigh is great director, but what was she thinking in have a mostly American cast try and do a notoriously difficult Irish accent? The Irish didn’t arrive in large numbers in America for another 100 years.

At this point in American history, it would have been Protestants - mostly from England, a few Germans and some Dutch folks

Oh well, I still loved it, even if the accents were a mess. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 05:42
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Watched part 3 and maan they were asking alot of the cast with those accents lol
Leigh is great director, but what was she thinking in have a mostly American cast try and do a notoriously difficult Irish accent? The Irish didn’t arrive in large numbers in America for another 100 years.

At this point in American history, it would have been Protestants - mostly from England, a few Germans and some Dutch folks

I thought the actress who played Ziggy did a decent job. But it was just an all around mess for everyone else :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 06:43
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I thought the actress who played Ziggy did a decent job. But it was just an all around mess for everyone else :rofl:
You're being generous. The only MVPs of that accent game was Merryboy and Goodie Miller.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It wasn’t Irish, it’s more Cornish accent which is south west England which would be right for the times.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Fear Street fandom on twitter is literally dead. :(((

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 07:28
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It wasn’t Irish, it’s more Cornish accent which is south west England which would be right for the times.
That was an attempt at Cornish? Wow… I didn’t get that all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 17:48

That's cute as hell and tongue-in-cheek and I love it. These actresses are a gift that keeps on giving.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I mean, that might be their headcanon... but it's not actual canon according to the movie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 18:56
Guest wrote:
I mean, that might be their headcanon... but it's not actual canon according to the movie.
Is there anything in the moves that actively contradict it? I feel like a bad fan, I should probably rewatch for Halloween.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 19:06
lol that proposal answer is such fanservice but i love it :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Didn’t they have that sex scene in a chemistry classroom? I don’t think that small detail of how they met changes anything drastically from how they are perceived in the movie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 12:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Didn’t they have that sex scene in a chemistry classroom? I don’t think that small detail of how they met changes anything drastically from how they are perceived in the movie.
The only thing their timeliness doesn't account for is there's a valentines day card in the box. So they must have been together for a whole year

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

New fic on their backstory if anyone is interested.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/34742 ... s/86505079

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2021, 18:04
New fic on their backstory if anyone is interested.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/34742 ... s/86505079
I am! Thanks!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anybody here? :spy:

GGuest
Reactions:

Post by GGuest »

This thread is so dead! =_=

I’ll never forgive Netflix for not releasing any FS merch. Went on Netflix shop and Stranger Things, Sex Education. squid game etc all have stuff.

Is it because it’s not a tv series like the others? Womp

Guest 2
Reactions:

Post by Guest 2 »

Guest wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 18:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Kiana did a recent podcast interview and confirmed that it was based around the Irish accent as there aren’t any voice recordings of what people sounded like in the 1600s.

Guest3
Reactions:

Post by Guest3 »

GGuest wrote:
09 Nov 2021, 09:26

I’ll never forgive Netflix for not releasing any FS merch. Went on Netflix shop and Stranger Things, Sex Education. squid game etc all have stuff.

I think a tv series gives a franchise that hype and more room to flesh out a universe/fandom. Fear street had that going for it with three movies, but I gather it has a more of a cult film following, rather than a mainstream one. And Netflix seems to spend money to license merch if a project is hugely successful. It’s more niche, taste wise and in the mean time, unless they allow Leigh to make more fear street, we’ve potentially only got etsy for merch.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

GGuest wrote:

Netflix gives a fuck about lesbians. If the main couple were straight it would have everything and more movies BUT :rage:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest 2 wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 01:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Kiana did a recent podcast interview and confirmed that it was based around the Irish accent as there aren’t any voice recordings of what people sounded like in the 1600s.
Historically, those settling in Massachusetts the early 1600s would have been from the south of England (Pilgrims) Where as the Irish didn't really settle in the US until the 1820's.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

GGuest wrote:

I think Netflix has only recently started with merch.

Guest3
Reactions:

Post by Guest3 »

Guest wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 01:48
Guest 2 wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 01:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Historically, those settling in Massachusetts the early 1600s would have been from the south of England (Pilgrims) Where as the Irish didn't really settle in the US until the 1820's.
Regardless of historical accuracy. Anon wasn’t wrong in thinking it sounded Irish, when it was used as reference for the accent in the movie. As there are various things we can point out that didn’t happen historically in the movies timeframe, they still used bits of what we already know to feel familiar with the characters.

From music from the wrong year, text font, and the usage of modern style @username on Josh’s cast, which I don’t believe aol chat rooms used back in the day.

All in all, It doesn’t really bother me too much as the movies, while rated R, are targeted to a younger generation.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Olivia and Kiana think Sam and Deena moved to Portland, Oregon and own a book/music type shop. And of course again saying they’re married :wub:

Rgh
Reactions:

Post by Rgh »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 18:58
Olivia and Kiana think Sam and Deena moved to Portland, Oregon and own a book/music type shop. And of course again saying they’re married :wub:
Awww that would be an incredible continuation.

Guesty2
Reactions:

Post by Guesty2 »

Anyone here watch the q and a today and can tell us anything highlights?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guesty2 wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 00:45
Anyone here watch the q and a today and can tell us anything highlights?
Nothing really new Fear Street wise in their Q&A. Both think today that Sam/Deena are married and running a book/music shop in Portland, Oregon so they moved out of Shadyside eventually. Kiana's song for Sam/Deena is Haunted by The Band Camino. No scenes were deleted. Seems like they had a big discussion about Taylor Swift, food, among other things so nothing all that interesting in the Q&A that we didn't really already hear them talk about before.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They looks so good. :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 01:39

really hope netflix orders a fear street series with them!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I miss them so much :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 02:03
I miss them so much :bigcry:
Same, :sadangel: I miss getting new content too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Olivia posting that story for Kiana's birthday and Kiana replying back with "My Sam." These two :bigcry:

If Netflix passes on making any more, could they go with another streamer? I know Netflix just bought the films because of the Fox merger/Pandemic messes. I don't even care if Sam and Deena return or not (I would like to see them again, but I'm fine knowing they are happy and living their best lives in the pacific northwest).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 02:15
Olivia posting that story for Kiana's birthday and Kiana replying back with "My Sam." These two :bigcry:

If Netflix passes on making any more, could they go with another streamer? I know Netflix just bought the films because of the Fox merger/Pandemic messes. I don't even care if Sam and Deena return or not (I would like to see them again, but I'm fine knowing they are happy and living their best lives in the pacific northwest).
I cried.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 02:00
Guest wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 01:39

really hope netflix orders a fear street series with them!
First time in a long time to go here but damn, Kiana is really beautiful. She's even more beautiful now wow

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

According to Olivia, Sam is big spoon and Deena little spoon if they were watching a scary movie :lol:

And their drawings (they are all in this thread :rofl:) Sounds like Pictionary was fun.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 02:21
Guest wrote:

I cried.
Tags because of size, but let's cry again :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 03:02
Guest wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 02:21
Guest wrote:

I cried.
Tags because of size, but let's cry again :dramaqueen:
I can hear Kiana's voice saying it :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Goldrush is planning an in-person Fear Street con. Their Legacies one is in Atlanta next December so I'm guessing the FS one may be there, too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Some more stuff from the con. Tags as it's a bit long.

Gueste2
Reactions:

Post by Gueste2 »

Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 18:03
Thank you!!!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 18:03
Omg!!!!!!!!!!!! They're so freaking cute!!!!!!! :bigcry:
Thank you!! I wish we could get the videos :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hello? Anyone here? Do you guys think we are still getting Fear Street 4?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 06:42
Hello? Anyone here? Do you guys think we are still getting Fear Street 4?
Its been too long for Netflix to make an announcement, so I doubt there will be another.