Hollyoaks - Summer & Sienna

Reactions:

Re: Hollyoaks - Summer & Sienna

Post by Guest »

GUEST5 wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 12:20
Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 12:09
Ok I guess I’ll just stop watching and catch up later in case things change...ugh
I'm sorry but I can't believe that some were really expecting rainbows and unicorns with this ship let alone this show (with its history lol). I can understand if you've never watched a British soap but at the same time, every sign since this storyline started has been that it's gonna get messy and they haven't shied away from that. I don't know, I just find it kinda weird signing up, even shortly for something that's always been telegraphed to be on the toxic, vindictive, messy side and then crying foul (not saying you in particular) when it turns out that that's exactly what it was all along. I'm personally loving all the dark turns and even this Buster move. It's very soapy and diabolical which makes for good tv
DA I agree that it is very soapy. And honestly, it just shows how committed Summer is to her plan. She really wants to crush him and this is a good way to do it. It’s just kind of a bummer because we’re starting to see potential paths for reconciliation between Summer and Sienna close up. But we’ll see, I suppose.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 May 2021, 22:00
Guest wrote:
21 May 2021, 23:11
Guest wrote:
21 May 2021, 21:35
So sad they make the lesbian couples "insane" in Hollyoaks. =_=
Yeah, Holloaks has been terrible with positive lesbian (or even women being with other women) representation over the years.

*Sarah (who never gave any indication she was interested in women) got drunk during one of the 'raunchy' Hollyoaks Later episodes and slept with her mate Zoe in scenes which were clearly aimed at men. Then later got involved with psycho lesbian Lydia (who went on to murder Sarah after she sabotaged what she thought was Zoe's parachute because she was jealous. Turned out it was Sarah's and we got an horriffic death scene.)

*School student Tilly got into a relationship with her lesbian teacher Jen. Jen then ended up having a personality transplant towards the end of her stint, and being vile to Esther (the genuinely nice lesbian on the show who just had misery heaped on her constantly.) Tilly then, after Jen got arrested and left, somehow got involved with a pregnant woman and her leaving storyine was running away with her to raise the child together?

*The only genuine lesbian on the show (Esther) attempted suicide after being bullied. Was constantly the nice one who just got shit on all the time. Stuck around long enough to get involved in a ridiculous storyline where Grace randomly became bisexual and got with Esther, then that ended. Grace got back with a man, obviously. Esther left.

*Perri magically became bisexual and got into a relationship with Harley, who she met on the street when she was going through a bad time. They then entered into a 'throuple' with the father of her child, Tom, because he fancied both Perri and Harley and they both apparently fancied him too. That was as embarrassing as it sounds.

*Now we've got psycho Sienna suddenly realising she's into women after decades on the show, because another woman who is also a psycho got with her ex boyfriend and started manipulating them both?

This is not positive representation. It's sad that so many younger lesbians are baited like this because there's such little representation in mainstream tv shows that we have to cling onto whatever we can.
You left out a couple more terrible lesbian storylines.
In 2011 there was a weird live triangle between Texas, Jodie and Dodger. At first it seemed like Dodger was trying it on with both girls and both liked him back, although Texas was more withholding in an "I hate that I live you way." Jodie was the "free-spirited bisexual" who was up for anything. But gradually they showed Texas falling for Jodie in a slow burn way and completely over Dodger. But obviously after Texas and Jodie finally get together they last all of one episode before Texas realises actually its the bloke Dodger she wants. Jodie is written off the show soon after.

Back in 2002 they had another "psycho" lesbian storyline where Laura becomes obsessed with Mandy. She muscles her way into her family. She gaslights Mandy and eventually drugs her and tells her she loves her while snogging her. She gets arrested and sectioned, but again it was a slow burn storyline that ended in a crazy lesbian.
The Laura stuff was bat shit crazy. Sure it turned out that Laura had a twin who died and she thought she had been reincarnated as mandy.

Totally forgot about jen and tilly.

Way back there was bisexual bad who had sex with another woman who thought she had committed the most disgusting thing ever.

Psycho killer Lydia had an ex who appeared for awhile, who was initially portrayed as a stalker until it was revealed that she had been set up by Lydia to keep a hold of Sarah. Said ex was later axed after being confined to a wheelchair after falling / pushed from a building.

Early naughties there was emily and Gina, who were both axed at the same time. So instead of giving them a happy ending, Emily had an affair which led to Gina leaving to go to America or somewhere and emily just disappeared.

GUEST5
Reactions:

Post by GUEST5 »

Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 12:39
GUEST5 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Ok I guess I’ll just stop watching and catch up later in case things change...ugh
I'm sorry but I can't believe that some were really expecting rainbows and unicorns with this ship let alone this show (with its history lol). I can understand if you've never watched a British soap but at the same time, every sign since this storyline started has been that it's gonna get messy and they haven't shied away from that. I don't know, I just find it kinda weird signing up, even shortly for something that's always been telegraphed to be on the toxic, vindictive, messy side and then crying foul (not saying you in particular) when it turns out that that's exactly what it was all along. I'm personally loving all the dark turns and even this Buster move. It's very soapy and diabolical which makes for good tv
DA I agree that it is very soapy. And honestly, it just shows how committed Summer is to her plan. She really wants to crush him and this is a good way to do it. It’s just kind of a bummer because we’re starting to see potential paths for reconciliation between Summer and Sienna close up. But we’ll see, I suppose.
For me, soaps are just that soaps. I don't get invested in any relationships on them because it can literally go pear shaped in one episode. I don't look for positive rep on soaps, ever. I just want to watch the trashiness of it all and this whole thing has/is exactly what that is with an added bonus of it having a wlw angle to it. So it's really gonna be something watching what Summer's next move is gonna be and what Sienna's really up to.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:dramaqueen:
Guest wrote:
31 May 2021, 21:47
So that envelope Summer was staring at was marked Longmere Prison. Is there a character currently in prison that Brody is connected to? Or do we think this is a new character? I'm guessing Summer's either going to get a criminal to kill Bridy for her or somehow get him sent down for killing her dad. I actually wish for option 2 more as it would make her less psychotic, but option 1 is more likely, what with this being Hollyoaks. Plus it then completes Summer's villian arc and gives Sienna and Brody space to reconcile, which is Hollyoaks standard MO for w/w storylines.
There is someone in prison connected to Brody. It's the guy who raped Brody when he was a teen, Damon's dad. That's kinda how Brody and Sienna got together. She helped him deal with the trauma from the abuse. It would be ultra twisted of Summer to get him involved though. Even though the no chill Sienna who comes out to play from tike to time [most times]would have certainly done something like that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Brody’s a dumb ass. Summer doesn’t even know Damon like that. Why would she want him to walk her down the aisle??

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

GUEST5 wrote:
Guest wrote:
I certainly didn’t go into this expecting rainbows but sometimes you get invested against better knowledge and would it have been completely unthinkable to at least not have the character completely ruined? I don’t mind them doing crazy stuff, it’s been expected all along but I didn’t see abuse being involved. That said I don’t follow this show so I don’t know the backstory.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What the hell is this graphic :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 14:30

They tried lol, they aren’t that bright about it as we knows how shitty all of their w/w stories were.

About Brody is a dumbass, lol, I thought we all know that by now that he is. It’s just 🤮 seeing him with both Simmer and I’m glad I didn’t watch his history with Sienna.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

ALL those other couples have failed! :rofl: :rofl: Is Ste in there twice?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

17 June

“Summer struggles to work out how to continue her revenge plot against Brody without hurting Sienna.“

https://eastieoaks.com/2021/06/01/holly ... june-2021/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 17:25
17 June

“Summer struggles to work out how to continue her revenge plot against Brody without hurting Sienna.“

I'm guessing this is connected to Liberty's disappearance and the trailer which suggested that Summer drugged her. I don't mind Summer being a villian, I just wish she was a smarter one. She's lucky that everyone in Hollyoaks seem to operate on one shared brain cell.

GUEST5
Reactions:

Post by GUEST5 »

Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 18:26
Guest wrote:
17 June

I'm guessing this is connected to Liberty's disappearance and the trailer which suggested that Summer drugged her. I don't mind Summer being a villian, I just wish she was a smarter one. She's lucky that everyone in Hollyoaks seem to operate on one shared brain cell.
These are ch 4 spoilers and E4 spoilers are day in advance. Liberty finds them on Thursday (E4, Friday CH4) and the Monday ep here is when she confronts Sienna about it which leads to her threatening Lib. What isn't clear is whether Sienna tells Summer and if she does something about it. That poison shot could be misleading as well (like the cupcake thing back when Summer wanted to figure out who Sienna was going on a date with)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

This show is so dumb is endering ngl, I cant be mad at them :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No scenes today btw. I don’t think they’ll be on for the rest of the week.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 June

Girl should just give up on the revenge and be happy with her Sienna. Oh hell, it’s hollyoaks, no such thing exists.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What can she do with that man, I mean his still in prison?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

GUEST5 wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 18:36
Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2021, 18:26
Guest wrote:
17 June

These are ch 4 spoilers and E4 spoilers are day in advance. Liberty finds them on Thursday (E4, Friday CH4) and the Monday ep here is when she confronts Sienna about it which leads to her threatening Lib. What isn't clear is whether Sienna tells Summer and if she does something about it. That poison shot could be misleading as well (like the cupcake thing back when Summer wanted to figure out who Sienna was going on a date with)
The poison thing could very well be for Brody.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I am LOVING this story way too much and I know my heart is going to get broken :'( I feel like this is the first time I am seeing 2 woman have real animal attraction towards each other and not some tender love story - the move from enemies to lovers is so HOT :hudoin: I rarely believe 2 straight actresses playing characters who supposed to be attracted to each other - Never on soup! So I hope they are OTP

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 05:06
I am LOVING this story way too much and I know my heart is going to get broken :'( I feel like this is the first time I am seeing 2 woman have real animal attraction towards each other and not some tender love story - the move from enemies to lovers is so HOT :hudoin: I rarely believe 2 straight actresses playing characters who supposed to be attracted to each other - Never on soup! So I hope they are OTP
Lol we’ll experience the pain together :lol: ... When you consider that they’ve been unable to touch other, they really have done a nice job. Both actresses have been nominated for awards, so feel free to submit a vote for them. Anna is in the serial drama category and Rhiannon is up for best newcomer. You can skip the other categories. Voting ends June 4.

https://www.nationaltvawards.com/vote

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 23:21

Is that from this week? Didn't see any scenes with them on the YouTube channel.

Guest 5
Reactions:

Post by Guest 5 »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 20:51
Guest wrote:

This was from April if I'm not mistaken. When Sienna asked summer to be her running partner. They were only on two days this week (Mon and Tues). Spoilers say Summer is on Friday (maybe Thursday too) next week and then the week after that is their big week where they'll be on I think Mon-Fri

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest 5 wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 21:11
Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 20:51
Guest wrote:

This was from April if I'm not mistaken. When Sienna asked summer to be her running partner. They were only on two days this week (Mon and Tues). Spoilers say Summer is on Friday (maybe Thursday too) next week and then the week after that is their big week where they'll be on I think Mon-Fri
Two more channels have begun uploading their old scenes if anyone wants to check those out in the meantime.

Here are the playlists:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

When is this from?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ sorry just realised its been asked and answered

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Low key crushing on the actress who plays Summer :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 21:38
Low key crushing on the actress who plays Summer :$
Same. It’s the dimples for meee :lol: :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

“What’s your Hollyoaks highlight of the year?”

Everyone else: Super serious answers

Anna: “Summer sniffing my boot...”

I refuse to believe there aren’t any bloopers for that scene :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by guest »

OMG the level of drama is off the chart. For the life of me, this thing cannot end well please prove me wrong please pretty please :fingcross: :fingcross: :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm assuming there weren't any Summer and Sienna scenes today?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 21:00
Spoilers say Summer is on Friday (maybe Thursday too) and then the week after that is their big week where they'll be on I think Mon-Fri

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 21:13
Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 21:00
Spoilers say Summer is on Friday (maybe Thursday too) and then the week after that is their big week where they'll be on I think Mon-Fri
Thanks, looking forward to next week then :-D

bly
Reactions:

Post by bly »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 23:21
Spoilers for next week

https://eastieoaks.com/2021/06/08/holly ... as-secret/
Is it too far-fetched to think that Sienna is the one that did something (sent her away or something) to Liberty and not Summer?

Guest 5
Reactions:

Post by Guest 5 »

bly wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 10:08
Guest wrote:
Spoilers for next week

Is it too far-fetched to think that Sienna is the one that did something (sent her away or something) to Liberty and not Summer?
No it's not. Sienna of old could definitely do something like this and if she's very into this affair and not wanting for it to get out, I can see her having a hand in Lib's disappearance. Also, if Sienna is really playing Summer (I doubt it given how smitten she is when talking about Summer but you never know), then she could rope Lib into her plan and they can pin her disappearance on Summer.

Guest 2
Reactions:

Post by Guest 2 »

Guest 5 wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 11:00
bly wrote:
Guest wrote:
Spoilers for next week

No it's not. Sienna of old could definitely do something like this and if she's very into this affair and not wanting for it to get out, I can see her having a hand in Lib's disappearance. Also, if Sienna is really playing Summer (I doubt it given how smitten she is when talking about Summer but you never know), then she could rope Lib into her plan and they can pin her disappearance on Summer.
The fact this sl can go either way and no one would be surprised is so funny :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Inside Soap clip

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest 5 wrote:
bly wrote:
Guest wrote:
Spoilers for next week

I’m betting that Summer overhears the conversation between Sienna and Liberty and decides to take matters into her own hands. She seems distressed about potentially hurting Sienna, so I don’t think she’d kill Liberty :fingcross: ... but I definitely think this disappearance is on her.

Guesthome
Reactions:

Post by Guesthome »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 15:08
Guest 5 wrote:
bly wrote:
Guest wrote:
Spoilers for next week

I’m betting that Summer overhears the conversation between Sienna and Liberty and decides to take matters into her own hands. She seems distressed about potentially hurting Sienna, so I don’t think she’d kill Liberty :fingcross: ... but I definitely think this disappearance is on her.
So Sienna threatens Lib and Summer kidnap's her? As much I'm enjoying this sl, I do wish there was a bit of mystery :lol:

Guest!
Reactions:

Post by Guest! »

Guesthome wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 15:34
Guest wrote:
Guest 5 wrote:
bly wrote:
Guest wrote:
Spoilers for next week

So Sienna threatens Lib and Summer kidnap's her? As much I'm enjoying this sl, I do wish there was a bit of mystery :lol:
Well it does sound from the spoilers like Summer might be having second thoughts on what she's doing. Either that or she's just exasperated at how difficult the wedding is becoming to pull off. It does make me lol how it didn't occur to her that her fiancee might want to postpone the wedding while his best man's GF is missing. :lol:

Home
Reactions:

Post by Home »

Guest! wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 16:15
Guesthome wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest 5 wrote:
bly wrote:

Well it does sound from the spoilers like Summer might be having second thoughts on what she's doing. Either that or she's just exasperated at how difficult the wedding is becoming to pull off. It does make me lol how it didn't occur to her that her fiancee might want to postpone the wedding while his best man's GF is missing. :lol:
That's what is making me think this particular crime ain't her, but then again she doesn't really think ahead does she :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Home wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 16:25
Guest! wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 16:15
Guesthome wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest 5 wrote:

That's what is making me think this particular crime ain't her, but then again she doesn't really think ahead does she :rofl:
Lol I think she just overestimates her ability to explain shit away. She’s gotten away with so much.

Guest12
Reactions:

Post by Guest12 »

Half the things she has gotten away with just by explaining is so dumb :rofl:

hkb1
Reactions:

Post by hkb1 »

I am late to this ship... luckily not much has happened but the stuff that has happened has been very soapy and entertaining.

Sienna has finally met her match... and she is falling there is no doubt about that.

Summer is starting to get torn between her revenge and her feelings for Sienna , the thing is will she deliberately hurt Sienna

Also I am guessing the kissing and make out scenes are done by stand in people due to covid?

They have decent chemistry with the distance so hopefully there is more to come after the distance rule is taken out

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I want to abandon this ship but I can’t :bigcry: they’re too cute and Sienna looks of love for Summer is everything. Damn you, Hollyoaks.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I thought this was going to air tmw? Is this a sneak peek?!