foldable
Reactions: 0

Re: Line Of Duty

Post by foldable »

Guest wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 13:28
foldable wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 12:13
So do you think Kate is aware of Jo's attraction to her? Even after the hand holding and arm rubbing, I think not, which is typical if her character is straight. And I don't think Kate is romantically attracted to Jo, at least she's not aware of it if she is.
There’s a scene in the last episode where they’re outside and Jo grabs her arm, Kate doesn’t react or anything but then she sees fellow officers come nearby she backs away. Why do that, if it’s just a friendly arm touch? Lol she knows it looks “suspicious” or it looked too intimate for a couple of coworkers. We’re not gonna get a kiss or anything between the two but seeing Kate really have Jo’s back especially this last episode was actually great to see. Even Hastings did a double take when Kate kind of talked back at Steve regarding Jo lol
Yes she moved away because it is not a good thing to be seen doing at work. But we still don't know what motivates Kate to back Jo, or why she seems to be concerned about her. Maybe they have bonded as friends, at least on Kate's side? Hopefully it will become clearer in the next few episodes.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

foldable wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 13:45
Guest wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 13:28
foldable wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 12:13
So do you think Kate is aware of Jo's attraction to her? Even after the hand holding and arm rubbing, I think not, which is typical if her character is straight. And I don't think Kate is romantically attracted to Jo, at least she's not aware of it if she is.
There’s a scene in the last episode where they’re outside and Jo grabs her arm, Kate doesn’t react or anything but then she sees fellow officers come nearby she backs away. Why do that, if it’s just a friendly arm touch? Lol she knows it looks “suspicious” or it looked too intimate for a couple of coworkers. We’re not gonna get a kiss or anything between the two but seeing Kate really have Jo’s back especially this last episode was actually great to see. Even Hastings did a double take when Kate kind of talked back at Steve regarding Jo lol
Yes she moved away because it is not a good thing to be seen doing at work. But we still don't know what motivates Kate to back Jo, or why she seems to be concerned about her. Maybe they have bonded as friends, at least on Kate's side? Hopefully it will become clearer in the next few episodes.
How long has Kate been with MIT? I don't know if they ever mentioned it in the beginning of the season. I mean even Farida made the comment in the first episode about Kate being the mistress, so it has to be awhile for Jo and Kate to have formed some type of relationship (whatever that may be).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 03:03
Guest wrote:
16 Apr 2021, 22:16
I keep seeing theories that Kate is part of the OCG and I am here for it. I have no idea what it's based on but it would be such a great twist
Some sort of superplant? To be activated only at the most necessary of times? I don't know how I would feel about that. But I suppose it would fit with the context of S6 so far in how she has left AC-12 and Ted's 'can't be trusted' line while her photo was clearly in shot.

If correct, it’s interesting she has transfered to The Hill too. Because I have a half-theory The Hill is in fact the 4th H and not a person. Just based on how much trouble has originated from there.
I keep switching between some kind of super plant and someone a little more involved. It would be amazing if she had been subtly pulling strings and even the audience hadn't noticed. Also she'd be hiding in plain sight which seems like a power move.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 14:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I keep seeing theories that Kate is part of the OCG and I am here for it. I have no idea what it's based on but it would be such a great twist
Some sort of superplant? To be activated only at the most necessary of times? I don't know how I would feel about that. But I suppose it would fit with the context of S6 so far in how she has left AC-12 and Ted's 'can't be trusted' line while her photo was clearly in shot.

If correct, it’s interesting she has transfered to The Hill too. Because I have a half-theory The Hill is in fact the 4th H and not a person. Just based on how much trouble has originated from there.
I keep switching between some kind of super plant and someone a little more involved. It would be amazing if she had been subtly pulling strings and even the audience hadn't noticed. Also she'd be hiding in plain sight which seems like a power move.
da- that would actually be horrible and I would feel betrayed lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It's been very fucking subtle if she has been a string puller OCG all this time. I would need it to be fully laid out at the end to have any chance of seeing what she has been up to myself because nothing sticks out as a clue. That she's a sleeper for emergencies sake would be easier to wrap my head around. But even that would be a hmm okay outcome.

Either twist would surely make more sense if she was still anti-corruption though right? It would make sense for the OCG to have their bent coppers and then have a bent copper on the team catching the bent coppers to make sure one H is always in play.

I'm excited to see how it all plays out anyway.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 14:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It's been very fucking subtle if she has been a string puller OCG all this time. I would need it to be fully laid out at the end to have any chance of seeing what she has been up to myself because nothing sticks out as a clue. That she's a sleeper for emergencies sake would be easier to wrap my head around. But even that would be a hmm okay outcome.

Either twist would surely make more sense if she was still anti-corruption though right? It would make sense for the OCG to have their bent coppers and then have a bent copper on the team catching the bent coppers to make sure one H is always in play.

Oh yeah I'm not sure there's much truth to it, it's just fun to think about.

The only "downside" I could see with her being a supersleeper is that they've been in some pretty dire situations before and she hasn't (to our knowledge) even broken a sweat about it- even when things haven't exactly gone to plan. Even if she was deep undercover you'd expect a little bit of a wobble every now and again about whether she should be doing anything.

And you're right about it making more sense for her to be anti-corruption but I suppose if she's relatively high up in the OCG then she can do what she wants - maybe she's realised that they couldn't catch her/the OCG without her help because they clearly rely so much on her. "Oh no boss you don't need to worry about me not being in AC-12 anymore, Arnott and Hastings can never fill in their paperwork on time and I know their email passwords because they leave it on a sticky note next to the computer." :rofl:

foldable

Post by foldable »

Guest wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 15:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The only "downside" I could see with her being a supersleeper is that they've been in some pretty dire situations before and she hasn't (to our knowledge) even broken a sweat about it- even when things haven't exactly gone to plan. Even if she was deep undercover you'd expect a little bit of a wobble every now and again about whether she should be doing anything.

And you're right about it making more sense for her to be anti-corruption but I suppose if she's relatively high up in the OCG then she can do what she wants - maybe she's realised that they couldn't catch her/the OCG without her help because they clearly rely so much on her. "Oh no boss you don't need to worry about me not being in AC-12 anymore, Arnott and Hastings can never fill in their paperwork on time and I know their email passwords because they leave it on a sticky note next to the computer." :rofl:
I don't think there's any chance Kate is OCG. All of her actions have not been in any way favourable towards them. I also don't think she's undercover for any team as of now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

foldable wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 15:20
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don't think there's any chance Kate is OCG. All of her actions have not been in any way favourable towards them. I also don't think she's undercover for any team as of now.
DA agreed. But what is Line of Duty for if not theorising anything and everything? ^_^

foldable

Post by foldable »

DA agreed. But what is Line of Duty for if not theorising anything and everything? ^_^
Ha ha yes. I wonder what Farida saw or heard that makes her not just suspicious of Jo, but thinks she's dangerous and capable of anything. I wonder if that will be revealed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

foldable wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 15:20
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well, I mean if she's undercover she's not going to be favourable towards them...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Keep seeing rumours that Kate is gonna get killed off this series. I hope not. :'(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So Jo is related to... *drumroll* ... Tommy Hunter from series 1.

guestie
Reactions: 145

Post by guestie »

Cliffhanger ending. I don't think Kate is dead but could potentially be injured. It's probably her turn to be the injured one as Steve was last time. Hope its the end of Ryan though. Maybe the twist is Jo shot him?

I'm happy that Carmichael is back with her ice cold demeanour. I loved Anna Maxwell Martin.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That ending has me STRESSED :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Seems like they just wanted to show Kate and Jo building a friendship. I wanted to believe they knew what they were doing with all the glances and the touching and the Kate defending Jo even after she knew about her family but I don't think there's anywhere to go now with these two...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guestie wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 21:02
Cliffhanger ending. I don't think Kate is dead but could potentially be injured. It's probably her turn to be the injured one as Steve was last time. Hope its the end of Ryan though. Maybe the twist is Jo shot him?

I'm happy that Carmichael is back with her ice cold demeanour. I loved Anna Maxwell Martin.
Yeah I think Jo might shoot him. You can't tell me she didn't go there unarmed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 21:10
Seems like they just wanted to show Kate and Jo building a friendship. I wanted to believe they knew what they were doing with all the glances and the touching and the Kate defending Jo even after she knew about her family but I don't think there's anywhere to go now with these two...

About the detected homocigocity in Jo's blood, it means that her parents were possibly related so she's likely a product of abuse. That poor woman, if anyone deserves to ride into the sunset with Kate it's her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 21:45
Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 21:10

About the detected homocigocity in Jo's blood, it means that her parents were possibly related so she's likely a product of abuse. That poor woman, if anyone deserves to ride into the sunset with Kate it's her.
Sorry, it's homozygosity.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Unless those gunshots at the end were Jo pulling out a concealed weapon and shooting Ryan, I don't think I can forgive her for luring Kate to her death. Hilarious we got attempted murder and not any kind of romantic relationship between the two. :lol:

foldable

Post by foldable »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 22:09
Unless those gunshots at the end were Jo pulling out a concealed weapon and shooting Ryan, I don't think I can forgive her for luring Kate to her death. Hilarious we got attempted murder and not any kind of romantic relationship between the two. :lol:
On Jo luring Kate, her remark about Kate not going to that isolated place unless there's surveillance suggests maybe she really did try to set Ryan up? And in that sense Kate would likely not be hurt? It was for sure a gamble, but she's desperate. And it would tie in with the theory she's the one who shot Ryan.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
On Twitter lmao

"I once went for a drink with a girl who I thought fancied me but ended up in a shootout in a lorry yard"

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So, Ted did blow John's cover back in the last series and gave the 50k to the widow bc he felt "guilty." I always wondered how they knew John was an undercover, I assumed McQueen had just figured it out on her own.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Don't read under the spoiler if you don't want to know something which might influence what you think happened as the screen blacked

foldable

Post by foldable »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 07:48
Don't read under the spoiler if you don't want to know something which might influence what you think happened as the screen blacked
I feel the character of Jo Davidson had not been given much to do except being a pawn. Hope she gets to do something significant in the remaining episodes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

foldable wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 08:22
Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 07:48
I feel the character of Jo Davidson had not been given much to do except being a pawn. Hope she gets to do something significant in the remaining episodes.
X2 I'd totally love for her to get some agency and maybe even be the one to bring the whole OCG down.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 09:03
This is the video

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guestie wrote:
AMM's Carmichael is brilliant. I adored her in season five. Horrible woman but she's so captivating to watch. I had no idea she was returning, so there was a little squeal when she appeared in the room.

Bent as fuck surely? Maybe even enough to be the last H? She is in leagues with them at least. She has to be. I hope she is.

guestie

Post by guestie »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 14:29
guestie wrote:
AMM's Carmichael is brilliant. I adored her in season five. Horrible woman but she's so captivating to watch. I had no idea she was returning, so there was a little squeal when she appeared in the room.

Bent as fuck surely? Maybe even enough to be the last H? She is in leagues with them at least. She has to be. I hope she is.
she could be bent, but I'm not so sure she is. She went with them at the end and didn't stop them going to Kate's aid. I think she's just a very much goal orientated person, she's been promoted very fast up the ranks so has probably learnt to game the system well, but she didn't seem bent last season just not someone who operates like Hastings. She's more like the new police which is about cutting costs, saving money, only charging those you know you can get a conviction against etc. Her ways infuriate the likes of Hastings but so far I'm not sure that means she's actually bent. I think it'd be more interesting if she was more nuanced than that, instead being more a critique into the new way the police operate which is largely driven by targets ad ticking boxes not by trying to help people, keep people safe and get justice.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guestie wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 14:42
Guest wrote:
guestie wrote:

she could be bent, but I'm not so sure she is. She went with them at the end and didn't stop them going to Kate's aid. I think she's just a very much goal orientated person, she's been promoted very fast up the ranks so has probably learnt to game the system well, but she didn't seem bent last season just not someone who operates like Hastings. She's more like the new police which is about cutting costs, saving money, only charging those you know you can get a conviction against etc. Her ways infuriate the likes of Hastings but so far I'm not sure that means she's actually bent. I think it'd be more interesting if she was more nuanced than that, instead being more a critique into the new way the police operate which is largely driven by targets ad ticking boxes not by trying to help people, keep people safe and get justice.
Kate isn't sure on her, maybe. She respects the chain of command a lot but still hung up on her. Also, it was her officer who tried to take out Biggelloe.

Either way, she played her role in pulling the surveillance on two people who then went off to try and kill an officer, so if she isn't bent, there's now a reason for her to start to wonder things about the orders coming down, especially when combined with the changes to AC12. I'm sure she's fine to further herself on the back of it, but maybe only to a point. It would be fun to see her team up with Hastings to bring down the OCG/H given they can't stand each other.

guestie

Post by guestie »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 14:58
guestie wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 14:42
Guest wrote:
guestie wrote:

Kate isn't sure on her, maybe. She respects the chain of command a lot but still hung up on her. Also, it was her officer who tried to take out Biggelloe.

Either way, she played her role in pulling the surveillance on two people who then went off to try and kill an officer, so if she isn't bent, there's now a reason for her to start to wonder things about the orders coming down, especially when combined with the changes to AC12. I'm sure she's fine to further herself on the back of it, but maybe only to a point. It would be fun to see her team up with Hastings to bring down the OCG/H given they can't stand each other.
I'd love her to team up with Hastings especially because given their different approaches they might cover each others blind spots quite well. I don't think she's clean (neither is Hastings) but I'm not sure she's bent either. She seems more grey to me, someone who represents problems the police have in other areas that aren't about being bent or not but more about how the police function as a unit these days and how that doesn't serve the publics best interest.

I could see her being a bit like Rohan Sindwhani who we saw in the last episode wasn't a bad guy he just had a lot to juggle and had to play the politics games and that wasn't easy to do. He wishes Hastings well for the future but also found someone as doggedly determined as Hastings difficult to work with because Hastings just would not play the politics game. Carmichael I could see being someone who when push comes to shove choses the right course of action and goes after those who are corrupt she just wishes it could be done without Hastings and his bull in a china shop ways. We'll soon find out though I suspect given it looks like we are finally moving towards some big reveals now and this series has 1 extra episode which maybe indicates we will see a wrapping up of things finally.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't know why, but I can't get enough of the scenes where Kate reveals she's undercover to the other officers. I would gladly watch an entire series of it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

foldable wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 00:28
Guest wrote:
On Jo luring Kate, her remark about Kate not going to that isolated place unless there's surveillance suggests maybe she really did try to set Ryan up? And in that sense Kate would likely not be hurt? It was for sure a gamble, but she's desperate. And it would tie in with the theory she's the one who shot Ryan.

I really hope there was more to it than just Jo luring Kate there for Ryan to kill her because she naively thought that would actually be her final job for the OCG. it would very risky, but I’d prefer it if Jo planned to use this meeting as a set up for Ryan. it doesn’t look likely that she was armed as well, but I guess the final shots were Ryan and Kate shouting and then it went black so a quick reveal that Jo had a gun too could still work. I’m not holding my breath though.

foldable

Post by foldable »

Guest wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 12:29
foldable wrote:
Guest wrote:

I really hope there was more to it than just Jo luring Kate there for Ryan to kill her because she naively thought that would actually be her final job for the OCG. it would very risky, but I’d prefer it if Jo planned to use this meeting as a set up for Ryan. it doesn’t look likely that she was armed as well, but I guess the final shots were Ryan and Kate shouting and then it went black so a quick reveal that Jo had a gun too could still work. I’m not holding my breath though.
Her actions doesn't make sense. For someone so vested in protecting herself and good at covering her tracks, did she think she could get away for texting and luring Kate to a shady location and if Kate is later found dead?

And her words "No but it made sense. It's what I'd do. Why else would she come here otherwise " during that scene stood out as something she may have considered. And she didn't look in the least bit surprised or panicked at revealed surveillance on them.

And then attempting to walk away after that and say she didn't have to stay and watch and then shouts no at what's going to happen???

For someone so smart and resourceful did she really think it would be her last job for the OCG? She would have realised by now the more shit she does for them the deeper she is into it. Maybe it's human nature to hope for the best?

I do hope Jo was the one who shot Ryan as at least it seems there's some kind of redemption for her. I guess I'm just like Kate thinking ultimately she's good, lol.

It's my first time watching LoD and though the series is entertaining, I'm often intrigued because I'm more perplexed by the characters actions.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

foldable wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 13:04
Guest wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 12:29
foldable wrote:
Guest wrote:

Her actions doesn't make sense. For someone so vested in protecting herself and good at covering her tracks, did she think she could get away for texting and luring Kate to a shady location and if Kate is later found dead?

And her words "No but it made sense. It's what I'd do. Why else would she come here otherwise " during that scene stood out as something she may have considered. And she didn't look in the least bit surprised or panicked at revealed surveillance on them.

And then attempting to walk away after that and say she didn't have to stay and watch and then shouts no at what's going to happen???

For someone so smart and resourceful did she really think it would be her last job for the OCG? She would have realised by now the more shit she does for them the deeper she is into it. Maybe it's human nature to hope for the best?

I do hope Jo was the one who shot Ryan as at least it seems there's some kind of redemption for her. I guess I'm just like Kate thinking ultimately she's good, lol.

It's my first time watching LoD and though the series is entertaining, I'm often intrigued because I'm more perplexed by the characters actions.
Apologies for the length of this but I’ve got a lot of thoughts about that final scene lmao.

the more I think about it, the less sense Jo’s actions make to me. I’ve rewatched that final scene countless times now and I feel like there’s two perspectives I can see it from.

the predictable and most likely explanation: Jo really was willing to let Kate die because she naively thought this would be her final job, and even though it did pain her to go along with it, her freedom from the OCG was ultimately more important than the life of another person (who she seemingly did care about up until this point, so much so that she tried to distance herself from Kate and pushed her to transfer to another department to keep her from becoming a target for the OCG). Jo saying “I’ve done my bit. I don’t have to stay here and watch” is pretty cold, but I guess she wouldn’t actually want to witness the murder so I guess it makes sense.

the more interesting option: Jo took this as an opportunity to expose Ryan to Kate (and AC-12) once and for all. Ryan saying “you’ve set me up” to Jo could actually be true, but it wouldn’t have been a very elaborate set up, more of a risky move in extreme circumstances that could play in her favour. Jo didn’t know about the surveillance but she did know Kate was reporting information back to AC-12, and she admitted she would’ve arranged surveillance too, so maybe she considered that was a possibility and was banking on it? she also said “she wouldn’t have come here otherwise” so she knows Kate is smart and was onto Jo, especially after she’d been distant with her the last few days. I’m not sure where exactly she would’ve got a gun from (because she legally wouldn’t have been given one like Kate was) but maybe Jo started carrying a gun after Ryan turned up outside her home and held a gun to her head. she was pretty shook up by that so it wouldn’t surprise me if she armed herself just in case after that. I don’t think Jo would’ve turned up to meet Kate with the intention of killing Ryan, I think if she did shoot him it would’ve been because in that moment she couldn’t just go along with the plan and took matters into her own hands by taking out her gun and shooting Ryan before he could shoot Kate. that would redeem her somewhat for luring Kate there in the first place (though of course Kate doesn’t have to forgive her for that, that’s more for viewers)

But there are little details that I’m trying to make sense of. Jo’s already being investigated by AC-12 so if one of her officers ended up going missing, and she was the last person to contact said missing person by sending them a shady location to meet in, that would not help her case at all. AC-12 would really be on her neck then. It just seems like too stupid a move for Jo to make. if they didn’t want Kate’s death / disappearance to be connected to Jo then they shouldn’t have organised to meet like that, it would’ve been smarter for Ryan to follow Kate and get her when she’s alone. It doesn’t seem like they thought that plan through very much.

And if Jo is as intelligent as I thought, why would she believe that conspiring to murder a police officer would be her ticket out of the OCG’s clutches? that’s exactly the kind of thing they’d hold over her to continue blackmailing her. I imagine her initial job for the OCG was relatively minor and things have just escalated over time because every time she helps them out it’s just another thing they can hold over her. surely by now she’d have realised that there is no ‘getting out’ and she’d have to either disappear or cooperate with AC-12 to attempt to put an end to this cycle. agreeing to help get rid of Kate, and not have an alternative plan, would just be Jo hammering the final nail in her coffin tbh.

I just can’t decide if I’m trying to salvage this betrayal with a more optimistic explanation or not. maybe Jo really was just that desperate for her freedom and at her breaking point she agreed to sacrifice really the only person who still has her back. I’ll be disappointed if that’s the case because I wanted more from this character. she’s proven to be quite intelligent in the way she quietly framed Buckles so I suppose I just wanted to see one more move like that where she outsmarts Ryan.

foldable

Post by foldable »

I just can’t decide if I’m trying to salvage this betrayal with a more optimistic explanation or not. maybe Jo really was just that desperate for her freedom and at her breaking point she agreed to sacrifice really the only person who still has her back. I’ll be disappointed if that’s the case because I wanted more from this character. she’s proven to be quite intelligent in the way she quietly framed Buckles so I suppose I just wanted to see one more move like that where she outsmarts Ryan.
I agree. I feel the same way about this character. There are so many perplexing points left unanswered.

Now what about Kate? She is simultaneously defending Jo and being on guard. It could be she's on guard because of Ryan but not even considering Jo as being dodgy is strange. Actually scratch that, she had considered Jo as dodgy since she tried to test her by letting her alone know about the other workshop locations and she seemingly passed the test.

However there are other stuff like transferring Ryan out and Jo's about turn to drop it. That would have been suspicious as hell. Her comments in that scene would have been a major red flag.

But somehow Kate still plays her advocate. Why?

I think we may see the return of Farida. There maybe payback by OCG for Ryan's death. I also think the reasons why the OCG had a hold on her in the first place has something to do with what her mom did.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

foldable wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 05:46
I agree. I feel the same way about this character. There are so many perplexing points left unanswered.

Now what about Kate? She is simultaneously defending Jo and being on guard. It could be she's on guard because of Ryan but not even considering Jo as being dodgy is strange. Actually scratch that, she had considered Jo as dodgy since she tried to test her by letting her alone know about the other workshop locations and she seemingly passed the test.

However there are other stuff like transferring Ryan out and Jo's about turn to drop it. That would have been suspicious as hell. Her comments in that scene would have been a major red flag.

But somehow Kate still plays her advocate. Why?

I think we may see the return of Farida. There maybe payback by OCG for Ryan's death. I also think the reasons why the OCG had a hold on her in the first place has something to do with what her mom did.
DA at this point I can only see Kate still being her advocate because she expects Jo's participation isn't a willing one. That said, there's no less reason to pity someone like Ryan. If Jo is tied up due to family connection then Ryan isn't really any less a victim of grooming himself. But perhaps Kate sees a difference now after learning what Ryan has done for the OCG (his confessions for killing Corbett and was Maneet his other?).

Kate must be relatively in the dark over exactly what Jo has been directly involved with? Leading Kate to her potential death aside, is there blood on Jo's hands for anyone else to the same degree there is on Ryan's? If not, then Kate may think Jo's involvement is reluctantly moving pieces around and into place or out of the way for the OCG, more of a facilitator so to speak than a heavy lifting executioner. Bent is bent, of course, and her actions will have allowed for some pretty grim events, but on a scale, it's possible Kate thinks Jo 'isn't that bad' and that what is bad of it is largely made up for by not being done willingly.

Or maybe Kate's judgement is simply a bit fucked. Steve and Hastings have never been flawless in theirs. Maybe it's just Kate's turn to get something wrong. Maybe being on MIT with Jo as a straightforward colleague as opposed to being AC12 and with MIT undercover with the explicit purpose of investigating Jo on suspicion of corruption has thrown her judgement off.

foldable

Post by foldable »

but on a scale, it's possible Kate thinks Jo 'isn't that bad' and that what is bad of it is largely made up for by not being done willingly.
But that would be ludicrous for her character, someone who's been years in anti-corruption.
Leading Kate to her potential death aside, is there blood on Jo's hands for anyone else to the same degree there is on Ryan's?
There's potential indirect causes of death on her hands. The CHIS, Lisa, Terry Boyle (almost). Then there's Farida. When I think of it it is pretty cold of her to throw someone she's been in a long-term serious relationship with under the bus to save herself, thus ruining her ex's life and expose her to all kinds of hazards in prison. And in this light what would luring Kate to her death be if she can do that to Farida?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I did wonder if even now Kate won’t realise that Jo was involved in that plan for Ryan to kill Kate. it’s possible she’d think Ryan forced Jo to invite her to that spot by threatening her, so it wasn’t premeditated on Jo’s part. but then that really would mean Kate’s judgement is shot. I can believe her defence of Jo to an extent, they’ve obviously developed a meaningful friendship over the time they’ve been working together, but surely this would wake Kate up once and for all? she’s had her suspicions, been careful about the information she shares with Jo, but she’s also been adamant that she’s not bent because she doesn’t want her to be.

I hope this week’s episode gives us some answers about Jo’s motivations, her family history, what she’s being blackmailed with etc. she’s a bit of an enigma, doesn’t show a lot of emotion unless she’s alone, and quite concise in her speech. I just want to see the other side to her this week so I can understand her character better.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

foldable wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 15:56
but on a scale, it's possible Kate thinks Jo 'isn't that bad' and that what is bad of it is largely made up for by not being done willingly.
But that would be ludicrous for her character, someone who's been years in anti-corruption.
Leading Kate to her potential death aside, is there blood on Jo's hands for anyone else to the same degree there is on Ryan's?
There's potential indirect causes of death on her hands. The CHIS, Lisa, Terry Boyle (almost). Then there's Farida. When I think of it it is pretty cold of her to throw someone she's been in a long-term serious relationship with under the bus to save herself, thus ruining her ex's life and expose her to all kinds of hazards in prison. And in this light what would luring Kate to her death be if she can do that to Farida?
her framing Farida is an interesting one. did she care that little for her that she was willing to let her go to prison, or did she expect that it would only be temporary and Farida would be released before long? we know from the cast list that Farida will be in episode 7 so I wonder if there’s more to uncover about her and what she knows. she said “you have no idea what she’s capable of” about Jo so she must’ve found out something while they were still together. but she also seems a bit... strange. she cut up Jo’s jacket and was spying on her that one time which was weird and never explained. she probably isn’t bent though, just paranoid and maybe a bit obsessive.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 18:07
I did wonder if even now Kate won’t realise that Jo was involved in that plan for Ryan to kill Kate. it’s possible she’d think Ryan forced Jo to invite her to that spot by threatening her, so it wasn’t premeditated on Jo’s part. but then that really would mean Kate’s judgement is shot. I can believe her defence of Jo to an extent, they’ve obviously developed a meaningful friendship over the time they’ve been working together, but surely this would wake Kate up once and for all? she’s had her suspicions, been careful about the information she shares with Jo, but she’s also been adamant that she’s not bent because she doesn’t want her to be.

I hope this week’s episode gives us some answers about Jo’s motivations, her family history, what she’s being blackmailed with etc. she’s a bit of an enigma, doesn’t show a lot of emotion unless she’s alone, and quite concise in her speech. I just want to see the other side to her this week so I can understand her character better.
I expect she will have to spill in the aftermath of the lorry park. Whether it's privately to Kate or at the interview desk of AC12 (I miss it). There are only two episodes left, after all. Maybe one for it to all come out, the other to clean up in response to what comes out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't think it's that big a stretch to think Kate's judgment might be a bit off. When she met Steve in the cars early on and told him too much time at AC-12 makes you see corruption where it isn't, or however she phrased it, that could easily be a bit of foreshadowing for her leaving AC-12 meaning her judgment has swung hard the other way. It wouldn't be especially subtle but sometimes this show really isn't that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 18:14
Guest wrote:

I expect she will have to spill in the aftermath of the lorry park. Whether it's privately to Kate or at the interview desk of AC12 (I miss it). There are only two episodes left, after all. Maybe one for it to all come out, the other to clean up in response to what comes out.
I would love to see her finally open up (privately) to Kate, I feel Kate has earned it for believing in Jo so much.
I think I remember seeing a behind the scenes photo of the original AC-12 (so including Kate) interviewing Jo in the glass box but I might be wrong. Maybe we'll get another 'urgent exit required'?
I just hope Jo survives this season, she deserves some happiness, and I'm still not over Lindsay not making it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 19:56
Guest wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 18:14
Guest wrote:

I would love to see her finally open up (privately) to Kate, I feel Kate has earned it for believing in Jo so much.
I think I remember seeing a behind the scenes photo of the original AC-12 (so including Kate) interviewing Jo in the glass box but I might be wrong. Maybe we'll get another 'urgent exit required'?
I just hope Jo survives this season, she deserves some happiness, and I'm still not over Lindsay not making it.
I agree, Kate absolutely deserves a bit of honesty after having Jo’s back through it all. I think Jo will be quite smart in how she handles her next AC-12 interview, so I think a private chat with Kate first is needed for our sake.

Jo’s options are prison, death or witness protection and I know which one i’d prefer but s5 ended with two characters going into witness protection, s4 had roz sent to prison, so I have a horrible feeling this season will end with Jo ending up dead unfortunately.

that BTS photo of Kate back in the interview room with the boys has been puzzling me all season, even more so after ep 5. I would imagine Kate wouldn’t be able to interview Jo in this instance because of a conflict of interest or something? and why would she even need to if they have Chloe on the team who’s done previous interviews with them this season. plus, carmicheal is in charge of AC-12 now so surely she’d take over from Ted? she’s not the type to sit back and let Ted carry on leading the team anyway. I think that photo is probably from episode 7 but I did wonder if it’s a staged photo? like it’s not actually from a scene, it’s just that they were all filming on that set and took a photo in the glass box to make it look like they’re interviewing someone. apparently Jed has done that kind of thing before to mess with the fans.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I forgot how much of a complete arse Steve is during the beginning of S4. I also remember being 100% sure that Huntley and the woman on the squad with her (Taylor?) were having an affair.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Phew, Kate is still alive :dance2:
Arrested now though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Poor Jo, she's for sure gonna die in the final episode.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Apr 2021, 20:59
Oh no, I know, I have a feeling she might, but nooo, I don't want her to, my poor baby! That interview! Kelly's acting, wow!
I just hope that next week sees Kate repaying Jo for lying for her and she saves her life in a heroic act.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Apr 2021, 20:29
Phew, Kate is still alive :dance2:
Arrested now though.
I don't care, I just want Jo to survive.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Apr 2021, 21:11
Guest wrote:
25 Apr 2021, 20:59
Oh no, I know, I have a feeling she might, but nooo, I don't want her to, my poor baby! That interview! Kelly's acting, wow!
I just hope that next week sees Kate repaying Jo for lying for her and she saves her life in a heroic act.
I really want Kate to save Jo and find out Jo lied for her, it would be kind of romantic lol. I'm still holding out hope they'll kiss even though there's only 1 episode left. :lol: