Reactions:

Re: Amazon's Wheel of Time

Post by Guest »

They kissed in the book.
I hope the show will follow and expend their relationship :pray:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This show should focus on Aes sedai more.
People already compare this show to GOT. May as well copy it, give people something to talk about :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 10:15
People already compare this show to GOT. May as well copy it, give people something to talk about :nails:
Unfortunately due to their poor costume choices, it comes across as more like Legends of the Seeker quality than GoT. I mean the red ajah are pretty much like the mord sith anyway.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 10:24
Guest wrote:
Unfortunately due to their poor costume choices, it comes across as more like Legends of the Seeker quality than GoT. I mean the red ajah are pretty much like the mord sith anyway.
There is something very wrong with costume design department in this show. Like why characters still wear the same outfit all the time.
This is picture for ep.5 and Moiraine still wears the same things in ep.1 :fool:
10mil/ep but couldn't hire a competent designer

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 10:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
There is something very wrong with costume design department in this show. Like why characters still wear the same outfit all the time.
This is picture for ep.5 and Moiraine still wears the same things in ep.1 :fool:
I thought that is just how this kinda genre tv show was. Xena, LoTS, Shannara, etc. Each only has 1 or 2 sets of clothing. It's already a plus if they brought cooking tools on their journey

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 13:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I thought that is just how this kinda genre tv show was. Xena, LoTS, Shannara, etc. Each only has 1 or 2 sets of clothing. It's already a plus if they brought cooking tools on their journey
you're probably right. I never watch any fantasy outside GOT cause I don't really like fantasy genre show or book. And GOT was famous for anti-fantasy. GOT is really anomaly after all.
This is first true fantasy show I watch cause of Rosamund Pike. If this is really how fantasy works, then It cemented my belief that I don't and won't ever like fantasy genre.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Looks like they get to Tar Valon but we know Siuan isn't there (business trip elsewhere?). They're gonna milk the shit out of Ep 6 teasers after this one aren't they.

Idk why everyone is crying but I'm wondering if they're all the bodies of the Aes Sedai the whitecloaks / Valda killed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It's not just about the same thing, in the sense that it's clear the ajahs wear a uniform like soldiers in an army. Color coded as well. It's the overall quality of the clothing. It just looks cheap and nasty. And the world in general looks horribly empty of life and color. Like just empty landscapes and no worldbuilding.

It also made me laugh when you think about that scene with the whitecloak dude who was hunting Ae Sedai, and there was Moraine in her blue ajah 'uniform'. Like wasn't that a giveway, and if she's really undercover, why risk wearing the colours.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 19:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It's not just about the same thing, in the sense that it's clear the ajahs wear a uniform like soldiers in an army. Color coded as well. It's the overall quality of the clothing. It just looks cheap and nasty. And the world in general looks horribly empty of life and color. Like just empty landscapes and no worldbuilding.

It also made me laugh when you think about that scene with the whitecloak dude who was hunting Ae Sedai, and there was Moraine in her blue ajah 'uniform'. Like wasn't that a giveway, and if she's really undercover, why risk wearing the colours.
DA. While it does make sense for the Two River's kids to only have one or two sets of clothes because they're on the run and didn't have time to pack, it definitely doesn't make sense for Moiraine or Lan. In the books, the colours of the Ajahs were not something the general public knew about -- only Aes Sedai and Aes Sedai students knew that the Aes Sedai were divided into factions. So the fact that they all dress so colour coded out in the open on the tv show makes it sooooo obvious to enemies like the whitecloaks, just as you said lol.

Funnily enough someone on tumblr was praising the show for how colourful it was. But I think it only looks colourful in comparison to other fantasy shows.

I'm fine with most of this show but I just can't stomach the costumes. I wouldn't even mind them wearing the same thing everyday if it actually looked good. I'm sorry if that sounds like I'm whining, I have a right to complain because the outfits in the book were VERY easy for them to do if they wanted, especially with their massive budget. For example, you want a good Lan? Hire a ruggedly handsome middle aged dude with broad shoulders and piercing eyes, dye his hair black and get him to grow it to his neck, and then give him black warrior clothes and a cloak with a CGI camouflage effect. Heck, we don't even need the CGI, just give him a cool looking cloak! How expensive could that possibly be???

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Do it cowards. Tired of the whiny male book fans
bUT teH dRagun mUsT be a MalE

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 03:06
Guest wrote:
I couldn't care less for dragon , it could be a dwarf for all I care .
Give more screen time to Aes sedai.
Rand the bland can be useless dragon off screen :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is he still Rand al’Thor or are they gonna get sued by Disney for the Thor :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This show really tried to sell us the audience that Siuan hates Moiraine huh
A lot of people will be surprised by ep.6 :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does anyone else get a vibe about Moiraine/Liandrin? Like the show's hinting at some history there

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 19:20
Does anyone else get a vibe about Moiraine/Liandrin? Like the show's hinting at some history there
Yeah. watch tonight episode. it's there

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 01:01
Guest wrote:
That was a pretty intimate touch. This show should be renamed "Moiraine and her bitches"

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 01:09
Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 01:01
Guest wrote:
That was a pretty intimate touch. This show should be renamed "Moiraine and her bitches"
Well :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So Moiraine has been away from White Tower for two years not decades like in the book.
I can't wait for Siuan & Moiraine reunion next episode :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Episode 5 is up on the usual pirated sites.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ also I have Amazon prime but the episode isn't up for me yet in my prime video app.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 01:51
^ also I have Amazon prime but the episode isn't up for me yet in my prime video app.
It's up for me. I'm watching it now through the website.

Petty complaint: I can't stand that Perrin's mouth is always open.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

In the books I distinctly remembered a line from Liandrin's pov "She disliked all men" or "She did not like any man" something like that :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 02:18
In the books I distinctly remembered a line from Liandrin's pov "She disliked all men" or "She did not like any man" something like that :lol:
They mentioned her dislike of men during the conversation with Moiraine. Looks like you need to be a goldstar to be in the reds.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
By the look of this episode, it doesn't seem like she likes women either.
She is currently plotting against Moiraine and even Siuan.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I swear every woman at White tower has a thing for Moiraine :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 02:40
Guest wrote:
They mentioned her dislike of men during the conversation with Moiraine. Looks like you need to be a goldstar to be in the reds.
I think the Green's (the men crazy Ajah) call the Red's "rug chewers" behind their backs lolol. SPOILER ALERT but the leader of the Red's was a lesbian in the books, her name was Galina. She was lowkey evil but it was still sad what happened to her -- she got captured by this other evil desert woman who I think was also a lesbian. I think Galina had an affair with one of her students in the White Tower too. Of course, all of this was revealed in like eight sentences scattered across the series, but I honed in on it due to lesbian goggles..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not a book reader but team red ajah all the way.

I get they're supposed to be the baddies, but c'mon. In this universe right now, male magic users always go crazy and kill their families and other randoms. Not like this person is genetically predisposed to crime, but they will definitely 100% do this if they keep using magic.

So the red ajah basically go around preventing male mass murderers? And they just "gentle" them by removing their power, which doesn't even kill them?

Super sus to make them the baddies tbh =_=

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Siuan better comes back soon. Liandrin is being very sus with her gf :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 04:13

I get they're supposed to be the baddies, but c'mon. In this universe right now, male magic users always go crazy and kill their families and other randoms. Not like this person is genetically predisposed to crime, but they will definitely 100% do this if they keep using magic.

So the red ajah basically go around preventing male mass murderers? And they just "gentle" them by removing their power, which doesn't even kill them?

Not a book reader too but from what I've seen, they try to portrait the red as like this a group of female chauvinists in the world where women seen as the more powerful halves

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 04:38
[media][/media]
I know it looks really gay but isn't this a domineering touch? Isn't the red one a bad guy, anyway?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 04:59
Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 04:38
I know it looks really gay but isn't this a domineering touch? Isn't the red one a bad guy, anyway?
It just looks so gay and I love it.
But yeah, the red is the bad guys here, no doubt. And I can't wait for the big bad red Elaida in season 2.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 04:58
Guest wrote:

Not a book reader too but from what I've seen, they try to portrait the red as like this a group of female chauvinists in the world where women seen as the more powerful halves
You’re spot on. They’re basically the police in the books and they indiscriminately gentle male channellers.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

me writing my cover letter to the Reds

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 05:01
Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 03:06
Guest wrote:
I couldn't care less for dragon , it could be a dwarf for all I care .
Give more screen time to Aes sedai.
Rand the bland can be useless dragon off screen :nails:
He’s literally useless in the books until much much later. The real joy of the books was reading about Nynaeve and Egwene becoming absolute badass channellers (and of course the gay coded interactions between Moiraine and Suian.)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Red vs Blue :handbags:
Ep.6 can't be here sooner.
ImageImage
ImageImage
https://witchytrina.tumblr.com/post/669523512300552192

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

exactly, but I also don't like that their portrayal is basically an incel fantasy/talking point.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 02:04
Guest wrote:

OMG I noticed it too this ep, when he was being tortured and the whitecloak guy took off his gag and he was frothing a bit as well. I was like duuuuude just no :mask:

Also how come whitecloak guy is allowed to be like just outside the gates of the aes sedai stronghold? Like ist that the seat of their power? He’s literally torturing and killing women in their back yard and they’re just letting him? Why???

And how did Nyneave just come across the Ogre? It was just so abrupt, they must have cut a scene out. Like I initially thought she was a shapeshifter because it was so random, and combined with her suspect answer ‘who else could it be’? Cos we know aes sedai can’t lie and that was one way of not answering. She then tells the story of Egwene though, and that was very detailed, so I was like no can’t be.

Also ogre’s makeup was just so so bad, like 80s show level bad. What the hell did they spend so much money on in this show? Did they pay heaps for the rights and then had $2 left for the rest?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da. Idk, but Xena was the lowest of low budgets. I don't think any show with a decent budget would want to be compared to it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 11:32
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da. Idk, but Xena was the lowest of low budgets. I don't think any show with a decent budget would want to be compared to it.
For real lol. I think this was a creative choice that doesn’t really work. In the graphic novels and all the artwork for the actual novels the characters are always dressed in the colors of their respective ajah but like a previous anon mentioned the ajah are supposed to be an internal categorisation system. This whole comic book inspired aesthetic doesn’t lend any credibility to WoT as a serious show the way GoT was.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 10:56
:$
Painting by Siuan? This is book information, right? Because I was confused by that scene

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 09:10
Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 02:04
Guest wrote:

OMG I noticed it too this ep, when he was being tortured and the whitecloak guy took off his gag and he was frothing a bit as well. I was like duuuuude just no :mask:

Also how come whitecloak guy is allowed to be like just outside the gates of the aes sedai stronghold? Like ist that the seat of their power? He’s literally torturing and killing women in their back yard and they’re just letting him? Why???

And how did Nyneave just come across the Ogre? It was just so abrupt, they must have cut a scene out. Like I initially thought she was a shapeshifter because it was so random, and combined with her suspect answer ‘who else could it be’? Cos we know aes sedai can’t lie and that was one way of not answering. She then tells the story of Egwene though, and that was very detailed, so I was like no can’t be.

Also ogre’s makeup was just so so bad, like 80s show level bad. What the hell did they spend so much money on in this show? Did they pay heaps for the rights and then had $2 left for the rest?
DA. :lol: you two only noticed this now? I was already disturbed by that by the second episode. That open mouth plus his frown doesn't help anyone

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 11:45
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

For real lol. I think this was a creative choice that doesn’t really work. In the graphic novels and all the artwork for the actual novels the characters are always dressed in the colors of their respective ajah but like a previous anon mentioned the ajah are supposed to be an internal categorisation system. This whole comic book inspired aesthetic doesn’t lend any credibility to WoT as a serious show the way GoT was.
I actually don’t mind Moiraine’s clothes, her coat is kinda cool, like a duster almost, and she’s surprisingly wearing pants and suspenders under it. Liandran’s red ajah costume is ridiculous though, she looks like a clown, it’s just too poofy. And monochrome. It’s not intimidating in the slightest.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 12:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I actually don’t mind Moiraine’s clothes, her coat is kinda cool, like a duster almost, and she’s surprisingly wearing pants and suspenders under it. Liandran’s red ajah costume is ridiculous though, she looks like a clown, it’s just too poofy. And monochrome. It’s not intimidating in the slightest.
I think moiraine’s clothes are cool too I just don’t understand why everyone is wearing a uniform.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 12:14
Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 12:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I think moiraine’s clothes are cool too I just don’t understand why everyone is wearing a uniform.
Well it is a tv show and it’s a visual medium so colour coding the ajahs makes sense from that perspective. They just haven’t made good choices on the costuming. They could have gone with more subtlety, like panels of colour as opposed to one horrible shade of red and dreadful throw rug mixed green. I would have put the red ajah in more military soldier like clothing, with a darker red, and maybe black offsetting it. The greens would have lighter clothing, not the shapeless heavy curtains they were wearing. It would be form fitting and more silk based. I mean it seems like the ajahs have roles and temperaments and their clothing should reflect that. They just haven’t done a great job capturing it and their costuming department clearly needs help.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

WHY ARE THEY TRYING TO MAKE ME FEEL SORRY FOR HER???

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Because the best villain are the hero of their own story. She might want to be lesbian Hitler, but giving her good reasons for her hatred only enhance her character.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 14:08
Because the best villain are the hero of their own story. She might want to be lesbian Hitler, but giving her good reasons for her hatred only enhance her character.
Well said

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This episode was really weird for me because of terrible, choppy cuts and occasionally comical staging. Like, how did Loial find Nynaeve? She literally turns one second and is conveniently reunited with Mat/Rand? I was ok with the funeral scene until Lan started screaming and then baring his chest. The continuous exposition on the Aes Sedai / Warder bond was a bit too much for me too.

Honestly the only thing keeping me hanging in here is Rosamund Pike's spot-on Moiraine (seriously love how she can speak with her eyes + that Mona Lisa smile she gives the character) and Sophie powerhousing in next episode. But because we'll only get Moiraine/Siuan for 1 ep and idk how much longer I can just hold on for Moiraine, I might drop after this season depending on casting line up for the next.

Rand has no charisma and that will not change ever and I can't bear 7 more seasons of focus on knock-off Anakin Skywalker.