Amazon's Wheel of Time

Reactions:

Re: Amazon's Wheel of Time

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 02:15
You plebes will be eating your words in Ep 6. Sophie is in a caliber of her own as an actress.
I don't doubt that. But I don't ship based on talent.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 00:45
Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 23:27
Guest wrote:
28 Nov 2021, 22:26
Where's this clip from? Lol the way Moiraine looks at Siuan. :$

SA apparently it's from Japan Prime
This older woman on the throne is supposed to make the ship with Rosemund's character. Not excited about that. Hope I change my mind.
That's bad angle , she is looking fine here

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ow they touched! Is that a "hello" magic of some kind? :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

About the porcelain doll bit

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is it just the one person going on about Sophie Okonedo? She's hot, she's talented, I don't understand the sudden issue.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Moiraine looks like she’s in her white nightgown in those gifs, same as the leaked stills. But idk why she’d be channeling when alone by herself or with Siuan.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I want to see how they go from this

to this. Like damn, they do not waste time at all :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 03:15

It’s been over a decade since they last met. Who could blame them?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Didn't they cast a child actor for young Siuan? That means there's gonna be flashback but I won't get my hopes up, maybe the flashback will be when the prophecy was told :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 07:26
Guest wrote:

Wait has it really been a decade in show time?? Would've thought that Moiraine would at least be recalled to the Tower like annually.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 01:35
Why did they make one of them so much older?
There's 11 years between Rosamund Pike and Sophie Okonedo, hardly scandalous. It's the same age gap there was between Rosamund and Eiza Gonzalez in I Care a Lot.

Also Nynaeve/Lan actors have 14 year age gap and are already popular as a ship.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 07:26
Guest wrote:

We don't know that.
They work with each other in secret so I imagine they have to meet one a year or something :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 07:32
Didn't they cast a child actor for young Siuan? That means there's gonna be flashback but I won't get my hopes up, maybe the flashback will be when the prophecy was told :nervous:
They casted young Siuan but that girl is like a pre-teen. No one mentioned young Moiraine so I don't think that there will be flashback between Siuan and Moiraince. It's just a flashback of Siuan :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 09:25
Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 07:32
They casted young Siuan but that girl is like a pre-teen. No one mentioned young Moiraine so I don't think that there will be flashback between Siuan and Moiraince. It's just a flashback of Siuan :nervous:
DA I'm happy to have more of her, anyway

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 02:30
I think it's "I miss you and come to my room later" type of magic :gaypimp:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 08:26
Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 01:35
Why did they make one of them so much older?
There's 11 years between Rosamund Pike and Sophie Okonedo, hardly scandalous. It's the same age gap there was between Rosamund and Eiza Gonzalez in I Care a Lot.

Also Nynaeve/Lan actors have 14 year age gap and are already popular as a ship.
The problem is not the age gap, but age itself. A question of personal preference.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sophie Okonedo looks great for 53.

Given when the books came out, a lot of readers will be in their 40s and 50s and as someone born in the earlier part of the 1980s, I’m personally glad to see they haven’t cast a whole load of women of maximum age 35…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I never realised how medieval fantasy series are supposed to have British accents, particularly RP. Looking back, Legend Of The Seeker was an odd duck, with its American accent. The main male lead was Australian, and if he had to fake an accent, might as well fake a similar-sounding RP.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 12:13

Given when the books came out, a lot of readers will be in their 40s and 50s and as someone born in the earlier part of the 1980s, I’m personally glad to see they haven’t cast a whole load of women of maximum age 35…
For me to look at, I would. And before anyone says anything, I know this is shallow of me. Lesbians are entitled their shallow moments, aren't we?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 13:12
Guest wrote:

For me to look at, I would. And before anyone says anything, I know this is shallow of me. Lesbians are entitled their shallow moments, aren't we?
You're entitled to your preferences and watch other shows. No need to be here and whining.
It's not like Sophia or Rosamund are gonna get any younger. And they're likely the only wlw we gonna get from this show. Let's other people enjoying this couple here. Negativity is unnecessary :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Girl, you are aware of where we are, right? Okay. Just get your reality check.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There are plenty of younger pairings on TV, happy to see a streaming service hasn’t made something with teenagers as the WLW couple.

The accent thing is an interesting one. If a show is set in a fictional universe then British accents shouldn’t really be required, logically, and I’m British anyhow so it’s what I hear every day anyway, but Legend of the Seeker did somehow sound very weird with the American accents. I suppose the logic is that high / medieval-inspired fantasy is typically based on a fictionalised Europe and often Britain in particular so it kind of adds to the atmosphere.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

You can like whatever you like. Devoting multiple posts to this being something other people should want is the weird part. Lol, making this out a matter of freedom

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 14:32
There are plenty of younger pairings on TV, happy to see a streaming service hasn’t made something with teenagers as the WLW couple.

The accent thing is an interesting one. If a show is set in a fictional universe then British accents shouldn’t really be required, logically, and I’m British anyhow so it’s what I hear every day anyway, but Legend of the Seeker did somehow sound very weird with the American accents. I suppose the logic is that high / medieval-inspired fantasy is typically based on a fictionalised Europe and often Britain in particular so it kind of adds to the atmosphere.
Yup. you pretty much got it. it's just a weird convention about Fantasy; the same way Sci-Fi is much more used to American accent.

I was much more amused by the Red Ajah wearing a hijab. I get that the world of WoT is our own in a the very far future; but that felt a bit weird.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 02:30
Lesbians magic fingers :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

When are the next eps on, the show really hooked me with the fourth.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 14:42
When are the next eps on, the show really hooked me with the fourth.
Friday, 12AM GMT

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Flame of Tar Valon is just another name for the Amyrlin Seat and Siuan's theme is fucking lit sounding. I just know her entrance is gonna be epic and I'm dying for episode 6. Hopefully positive reception of Siuraine encourages writers to incorporate Siuan a bit more into the main storyline.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 14:37
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

You can like whatever you like. Devoting multiple posts to this being something other people should want is the weird part. Lol, making this out a matter of freedom
Right? Its obvious it’s the same anon posting over and over about the age. Like, we get it, you don’t have say it every time, once is enough and there are other shows with younger actresses, go watch those.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Another one, ostensibly Moiraine being publicly reprimanded by Siuan. Idk why she looks so scared damn. It's not like Siuan's about to gentle her or anything...since Moiraine and her are the only ones alive who know about the prophecy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 20:15
Flame of Tar Valon is just another name for the Amyrlin Seat and Siuan's theme is fucking lit sounding. I just know her entrance is gonna be epic and I'm dying for episode 6. Hopefully positive reception of Siuraine encourages writers to incorporate Siuan a bit more into the main storyline.

Oh, the song is good. It suited Amyrlin Siuan vibe.
I hope they will extend her arc more in season 2. They made S&M canon , may as well include her more in main storyline :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2021, 23:57
Another one, ostensibly Moiraine being publicly reprimanded by Siuan. Idk why she looks so scared damn. It's not like Siuan's about to gentle her or anything...since Moiraine and her are the only ones alive who know about the prophecy.

Probably keep an act before the Sitters. People said they were pretty angry at Moiraine for Kerene death and even at Siuan for being "too nice" to Moiraine.
Black ajah aka Liandrin is working against both Moiraine and Siuan.
Elaida hasn't appeared yet but everyone already want to burn Moiraine and Siuan at the stake :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 11:57
Guest wrote:

Probably keep an act before the Sitters. People said they were pretty angry at Moiraine for Kerene death and even at Siuan for being "too nice" to Moiraine.
Elaida hasn't appeared yet but everyone already want to burn Moiraine and Siuan at the stake :nails:
Huh? I thought Liandrin is red?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 17:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

That's a book spoilers. Wich should have treated as such.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 17:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Massive massive spoiler.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They kissed in the book.
I hope the show will follow and expend their relationship :pray:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This show should focus on Aes sedai more.
People already compare this show to GOT. May as well copy it, give people something to talk about :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 10:15
People already compare this show to GOT. May as well copy it, give people something to talk about :nails:
Unfortunately due to their poor costume choices, it comes across as more like Legends of the Seeker quality than GoT. I mean the red ajah are pretty much like the mord sith anyway.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 10:24
Guest wrote:
Unfortunately due to their poor costume choices, it comes across as more like Legends of the Seeker quality than GoT. I mean the red ajah are pretty much like the mord sith anyway.
There is something very wrong with costume design department in this show. Like why characters still wear the same outfit all the time.
This is picture for ep.5 and Moiraine still wears the same things in ep.1 :fool:
10mil/ep but couldn't hire a competent designer

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 10:54
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
There is something very wrong with costume design department in this show. Like why characters still wear the same outfit all the time.
This is picture for ep.5 and Moiraine still wears the same things in ep.1 :fool:
I thought that is just how this kinda genre tv show was. Xena, LoTS, Shannara, etc. Each only has 1 or 2 sets of clothing. It's already a plus if they brought cooking tools on their journey

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 13:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I thought that is just how this kinda genre tv show was. Xena, LoTS, Shannara, etc. Each only has 1 or 2 sets of clothing. It's already a plus if they brought cooking tools on their journey
you're probably right. I never watch any fantasy outside GOT cause I don't really like fantasy genre show or book. And GOT was famous for anti-fantasy. GOT is really anomaly after all.
This is first true fantasy show I watch cause of Rosamund Pike. If this is really how fantasy works, then It cemented my belief that I don't and won't ever like fantasy genre.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Looks like they get to Tar Valon but we know Siuan isn't there (business trip elsewhere?). They're gonna milk the shit out of Ep 6 teasers after this one aren't they.

Idk why everyone is crying but I'm wondering if they're all the bodies of the Aes Sedai the whitecloaks / Valda killed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It's not just about the same thing, in the sense that it's clear the ajahs wear a uniform like soldiers in an army. Color coded as well. It's the overall quality of the clothing. It just looks cheap and nasty. And the world in general looks horribly empty of life and color. Like just empty landscapes and no worldbuilding.

It also made me laugh when you think about that scene with the whitecloak dude who was hunting Ae Sedai, and there was Moraine in her blue ajah 'uniform'. Like wasn't that a giveway, and if she's really undercover, why risk wearing the colours.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 19:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It's not just about the same thing, in the sense that it's clear the ajahs wear a uniform like soldiers in an army. Color coded as well. It's the overall quality of the clothing. It just looks cheap and nasty. And the world in general looks horribly empty of life and color. Like just empty landscapes and no worldbuilding.

It also made me laugh when you think about that scene with the whitecloak dude who was hunting Ae Sedai, and there was Moraine in her blue ajah 'uniform'. Like wasn't that a giveway, and if she's really undercover, why risk wearing the colours.
DA. While it does make sense for the Two River's kids to only have one or two sets of clothes because they're on the run and didn't have time to pack, it definitely doesn't make sense for Moiraine or Lan. In the books, the colours of the Ajahs were not something the general public knew about -- only Aes Sedai and Aes Sedai students knew that the Aes Sedai were divided into factions. So the fact that they all dress so colour coded out in the open on the tv show makes it sooooo obvious to enemies like the whitecloaks, just as you said lol.

Funnily enough someone on tumblr was praising the show for how colourful it was. But I think it only looks colourful in comparison to other fantasy shows.

I'm fine with most of this show but I just can't stomach the costumes. I wouldn't even mind them wearing the same thing everyday if it actually looked good. I'm sorry if that sounds like I'm whining, I have a right to complain because the outfits in the book were VERY easy for them to do if they wanted, especially with their massive budget. For example, you want a good Lan? Hire a ruggedly handsome middle aged dude with broad shoulders and piercing eyes, dye his hair black and get him to grow it to his neck, and then give him black warrior clothes and a cloak with a CGI camouflage effect. Heck, we don't even need the CGI, just give him a cool looking cloak! How expensive could that possibly be???

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Do it cowards. Tired of the whiny male book fans
bUT teH dRagun mUsT be a MalE

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 03:06
Guest wrote:
Do it cowards. Tired of the whiny male book fans
bUT teH dRagun mUsT be a MalE
I couldn't care less for dragon , it could be a dwarf for all I care .
Give more screen time to Aes sedai.
Rand the bland can be useless dragon off screen :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is he still Rand al’Thor or are they gonna get sued by Disney for the Thor :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This show really tried to sell us the audience that Siuan hates Moiraine huh
A lot of people will be surprised by ep.6 :nails:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does anyone else get a vibe about Moiraine/Liandrin? Like the show's hinting at some history there