Daughter From Another Mother/Madre sólo hay dos -

Reactions:

Re: Daughter From Another Mother/Madre sólo hay dos -

Post by Guest »

The day straight people will start looking for shows to watch based on characters being heteros, that day you'll talk about heterobaiting.

We aren't the same. They have het characters in all their shows. They don't even pay attention to that since it's normal.

And heterobaiting doesn't exist since the creator of the show won't use that trick to bait people into watching their show... Since every single character of that show is heterosexual.

This is the weirdest thing I've ever read on a lesbian forum.
It's like when you are talking about minority facing racism and your answer is "yeah but white people face racism too". I'd expect this kind of ideas from homophobics trying to shut down gay people the same way racists would defend themselves by saying that we are all the same.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 00:53
The day straight people will start looking for shows to watch based on characters being heteros, that day you'll talk about heterobaiting.

We aren't the same. They have het characters in all their shows. They don't even pay attention to that since it's normal.

And heterobaiting doesn't exist since the creator of the show won't use that trick to bait people into watching their show... Since every single character of that show is heterosexual.

It's like when you are talking about minority facing racism and your answer is "yeah but white people face racism too". I'd expect this kind of ideas from homophobics trying to shut down gay people the same way racists would defend themselves by saying that we are all the same.
Of course “heterobaiting” doesn’t exist but people waiting for their endgame does. If they get together in season 3 then were these seasons all in vain? Because that’s how I interpret what you’re saying. I feel like this is a slow burn, be it because of how they want to tell the story or because they’re afraid of loosing an audience or both, and I’m ok with that if something happens next season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 00:39
Guest wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 15:19
Guest wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 00:03
Guest wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 14:58
Guest wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 11:21
some people are confusing queer baiting and "not rushing" things.
I wish I was this naive and innocent. 008
Can you see into the future? Do you know how the story will play out?
This is exactly what I mean by my comment. Some people are acting like they know for sure that these two will end up together and the reason why it didn't happen yet is because the writers are taking it slow.
The queerbaiting already happened long ago. It has nothing to do with how quickly or slowly the story is moving.

Some people think that if "they aren't together yet" or if "they haven't feeling for each other yet" it's because of a scenaristic choice. Like you know that one of these elements will happen for sure. No one can say if any of the two will happen, it's a hard choice, it takes courage to put them together. It's like putting Rizzoli and Isles together or Emma and Regina. Even if this is smaller.

Saying that they are taking things slowly is implying that it's for sure they'll end up together but it's just a question of time that's why they haven't. While we don't even know if it's the direction the show will take at all.

They already queerbaited after the end of season 1. It wasn't slow burn. But queerbaiting.
DA do you mean that we are queerbaited because we continue to watch and hope? Because if that’s the case then people are baited all the time on tv, straight people too.
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Just like straight people choose to watch a show specifically for het characters. They don't watch a show because of the sexual orientation of the characters.

I know that some people want to defend the queerbaiting in this by all means but please say something logical.

And I'm not even talking about the future but the past. I'll be watching cause I'm almost certain this faking story will lead to feelings. This is the future.

Though in the past they did queerbait. There has never been anything romantic from Mariana towards Ana since the beginning of the show. Then suddenly in the LAST EPISODE of the first season they make her kiss Ana and say she loves her (romantically). Ana kissed her too while drunk etc. That was queerbaiting. Make people think that's the direction they want to take so people stay tuned for the second seasons to get the views which they did for the most het season of all. Tell me that wasn't queerbait.
I tried to clarify with the added post but I guess I didn’t succeed. Of course they knew what they were doing with that kiss even if it felt pretty one sided, but is it still bait if it leads somewhere? I think it depends on how we interpret the story so far, where some people see it as if nothing has happened and none of them have feelings whereas others do.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 22:08
Guest wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 00:39
Guest wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 15:19
Guest wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 00:03
Guest wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 14:58

Can you see into the future? Do you know how the story will play out?
This is exactly what I mean by my comment. Some people are acting like they know for sure that these two will end up together and the reason why it didn't happen yet is because the writers are taking it slow.
The queerbaiting already happened long ago. It has nothing to do with how quickly or slowly the story is moving.

Some people think that if "they aren't together yet" or if "they haven't feeling for each other yet" it's because of a scenaristic choice. Like you know that one of these elements will happen for sure. No one can say if any of the two will happen, it's a hard choice, it takes courage to put them together. It's like putting Rizzoli and Isles together or Emma and Regina. Even if this is smaller.

Saying that they are taking things slowly is implying that it's for sure they'll end up together but it's just a question of time that's why they haven't. While we don't even know if it's the direction the show will take at all.

They already queerbaited after the end of season 1. It wasn't slow burn. But queerbaiting.
DA do you mean that we are queerbaited because we continue to watch and hope? Because if that’s the case then people are baited all the time on tv, straight people too.
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Just like straight people choose to watch a show specifically for het characters. They don't watch a show because of the sexual orientation of the characters.

I know that some people want to defend the queerbaiting in this by all means but please say something logical.

And I'm not even talking about the future but the past. I'll be watching cause I'm almost certain this faking story will lead to feelings. This is the future.

Though in the past they did queerbait. There has never been anything romantic from Mariana towards Ana since the beginning of the show. Then suddenly in the LAST EPISODE of the first season they make her kiss Ana and say she loves her (romantically). Ana kissed her too while drunk etc. That was queerbaiting. Make people think that's the direction they want to take so people stay tuned for the second seasons to get the views which they did for the most het season of all. Tell me that wasn't queerbait.
I tried to clarify with the added post but I guess I didn’t succeed. Of course they knew what they were doing with that kiss even if it felt pretty one sided, but is it still bait if it leads somewhere? I think it depends on how we interpret the story so far, where some people see it as if nothing has happened and none of them have feelings whereas others do.
DA. Your explanation makes sense to me. I agree with you that it isn't "queerbaiting" if the queer romance being teased is ultimately fulfilled. It's the "bait and switch" that is infuriating - shows that tease lesbian kisses but have no intention of letting the two women end up together. For me, it remains for Season 3 to show us whether or not this show has been baiting us...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Jan 2022, 21:41
Guest wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 00:53

Of course “heterobaiting” doesn’t exist but people waiting for their endgame does. If they get together in season 3 then were these seasons all in vain? Because that’s how I interpret what you’re saying. I feel like this is a slow burn, be it because of how they want to tell the story or because they’re afraid of loosing an audience or both, and I’m ok with that if something happens next season.
"people waiting for their endgame"? We are specifically talking about "queer" baiting so it's a sexual orientation baiting talk rather than an "endgame" talk.

You still don't get the point lol. No matter what happens in season 3 the queerbaiting ALREADY happened. Why don't you want to understand that. Queerbaiting does not mean there's an endgame or not. You can bait the fish with food whether they get the food or not. You still needed the food for the fish to show up. If there were no food (bait) then the fish would simply not sense something interesting he could eat.

The bait happened when Mariana kissed Ana (last episode of the first season). The kiss was the food (bait) for gay people to show up. Season two turned out to be the most het thing you'll ever see. Which means you were baited to watch it if you had plans to stop watching after one season.

It's the same thing as the kiss they had in s2 at the end. If nothing happens (romantic feelings) in season 3 that's clearly going to be the 2nd bait they do because many people were about to stop watching the show after how bad season two was and how it was a joke. Nobody would give it a chance if it wasn't for the hope of something gay happening.

Jumpingin
Reactions:

Post by Jumpingin »

“Queerbaiting is a marketing technique for fiction and entertainment in which creators hint at, but then do not actually depict, same-sex romance or other LGBT representation.”

It’s simple. If they actually end up together, it’s not queer baiting, it’s slow burn. If they don’t then yes it’s queer baiting.

In conclusion, we gotta wait for season 3 to see if it is or isn’t.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Jumpingin wrote:
25 Mar 2022, 21:36
“Queerbaiting is a marketing technique for fiction and entertainment in which creators hint at, but then do not actually depict, same-sex romance or other LGBT representation.”

It’s simple. If they actually end up together, it’s not queer baiting, it’s slow burn. If they don’t then yes it’s queer baiting.

Exactly.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

When are they filming the Next season?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Thought they started filming already, but I think they may have just gotten scripts? There’s an interview where Paulina Goto says they start filming in April
here

And in that same account you can see she posted a snap with a script.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think there’s so much in the series that points to these two ending up together tbh, lots of which have already been mentioned. But something that always stood out to me was how Mariana justifies her feelings at the end of S1 as being “confused” which was the term first brought up by Elena. Elena, her jealous ex gf. Seems like Mariana repressed her feelings and just went with what Elena told her. Also recently picked up on a rewatch how Mariana instantly says she’s in love with Ana, but holds back and says she’s falling for Ferran (then looks a bit freaked at him saying he’s in love already). Either she learned to take it slow or the feelings she has for Ferran aren’t as strong as what she was feeling for Ana.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Jumpingin wrote:

Queerbaiting isn't about ending together or not. Lexa and C ended together but it was still Queerbaiting. Why? Because Queerbaiting is simply a bait to attract gay people into watching a show for views. It's not that complicated. The simple fact that this show got views for season two they shouldn't have had is queerbait. The same way if people knew Lexa would die they wouldn't have watched the show. It's really crazy that someone doesn't get this to be honest just because they think that two characters will end up together in the episode final. Queerbaiting is just a trick to get people to watch something they wouldn't watch otherwise.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

To be honest queerbaiting can take many forms. It's not just one definition. Hyping lesbian characters then killing them is a type of queerbaiting.
In this show it's just another type. Letting people think something romantic is going on between two characters at the end of a season then take it back saying it never existed then have the most het season ever next is queerbaiting. Season 2 wasn't only bad because it was het centered but also because it wasn't even interesting at all.
And considering that there's still Pablo in the picture chasing for Mariana.... Who knows how it might ends. The worst-case scenario could be if they make Ana and Mariana together then make her cheat with Pablo lmao. I forgot about the other guy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Paulina wrote a song inspired by them lmao… has anyone else been paying attention to what the actors have been posting? Any hints about what’s to come?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2022, 23:42
Paulina wrote a song inspired by them lmao… has anyone else been paying attention to what the actors have been posting? Any hints about what’s to come?

I hope this song means good news! I mean it would be weird to release it knowing the ship will never come to fruition lol. The center of the show has always been their relationship - as mothers, friends, colleagues and now “fake girlfriends” and I think that points to them being a real couple in the end.

About spoilers:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ I wouldn’t take the song to mean anything, honestly. I think Paulina’s just trying to milk the success of the show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Where's the official source that the show got renewed for a third season? Didn't see any official article. Isn't this show on Netflix? Shouldn't they announce it themselves? I really wanna see this faking it story that's ahead of us.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2022, 07:00
Where's the official source that the show got renewed for a third season? Didn't see any official article. Isn't this show on Netflix? Shouldn't they announce it themselves? I really wanna see this faking it story that's ahead of us.
Netflix confirmed it on Social Media also the actress posted about it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2022, 03:26
Guest wrote:
Do you have the link to that Netflix post? The reason why I have a hard time believing it is that there's no source anywhere but just people saying it was renewed.

When should we expect the airing?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2022, 20:17
Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2022, 03:26
Guest wrote:
Do you have the link to that Netflix post? The reason why I have a hard time believing it is that there's no source anywhere but just people saying it was renewed.

When should we expect the airing?
They’re filming it right now lol. Go to the actresses social media and you’ll see behind the scenes. Last season aired in December so maybe around that time?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Based on what I’ve seen on social media this seems to be the last season and hopefully that means they’ll wrap things up and give us the endgame we want.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 22:58
Based on what I’ve seen on social media this seems to be the last season and hopefully that means they’ll wrap things up and give us the endgame we want.
Can you explain what leads you to believe it’s the last season?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2022, 00:56
Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2022, 22:58
Can you explain what leads you to believe it’s the last season?
Da Ludwika thanking the crew and saying she will l miss them.
https://www.tiktok.com/@diariolaprensa/ ... 3588986155
3 years 3 seasons.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wrong link sorry :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It’s good that they know in beforehand that it’s the last season and it makes me even more optimistic that they'll be together for real in the end. It’s the natural endpoint to the show and they don’t have to think about attracting viewers to a forthcoming season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2022, 09:52
Jumpingin wrote:

Queerbaiting isn't about ending together or not. Lexa and C ended together but it was still Queerbaiting. Why? Because Queerbaiting is simply a bait to attract gay people into watching a show for views. It's not that complicated. The simple fact that this show got views for season two they shouldn't have had is queerbait. The same way if people knew Lexa would die they wouldn't have watched the show. It's really crazy that someone doesn't get this to be honest just because they think that two characters will end up together in the episode final. Queerbaiting is just a trick to get people to watch something they wouldn't watch otherwise.
I think it’s debatable whether Clexa actually ended up together, but that’s a different discussion. Queer baiting is heavily involved with marketing, showing one thing happening through promos and then doing another (as was the case with Clexa, where Lexa literally died) is textbook Queer bait. But you can’t simply say a show did another thing when the show or storyline hasn’t even finished yet. That’s the point. Yes you can argue just marketing a pairing as gay is queer baiting, but maybe you can enlighten me, because prior to S1 and even S2 I didn’t see any promos by the producers/makers that were heavily implying something sapphic with MHSD? Now with S3 there’s a lot more talk and this new song… which is perfectly fine if they actually end up together. Why? Because even if you argue they were trying to lure in gays by promoting the gay ship in the show, I fail to see how that is in any way different than all the heterosexual shows/movies that have heavily marketed their pairings. Shows/movies are gonna try to lure in audiences, that’s nothing new. So at what point is it queer baiting and at what point is it not? I fail to see how a slow burn pairing can succeed in this case. Yes, queer baiting sucks, but labeling everything as queer baiting is just gonna end up doing more damage than good.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2022, 10:16
To be honest queerbaiting can take many forms. It's not just one definition. Hyping lesbian characters then killing them is a type of queerbaiting.
In this show it's just another type. Letting people think something romantic is going on between two characters at the end of a season then take it back saying it never existed then have the most het season ever next is queerbaiting. Season 2 wasn't only bad because it was het centered but also because it wasn't even interesting at all.
And considering that there's still Pablo in the picture chasing for Mariana.... Who knows how it might ends. The worst-case scenario could be if they make Ana and Mariana together then make her cheat with Pablo lmao. I forgot about the other guy.
Letting people ship a pairing and having it drag on for multiple seasons is pretty standard (*hard stares at Bones*). The rest of your comment is purely subjective to what you interpreted when you watched this show. I personally don’t remember the show acting as if it never existed nor would I sum up the entire season 2 as the most het season ever. Sure it needed to address the main pairing as part of the storyline, but I still picked up on subtle gayness personally especially towards the end of the season. Again, it’s ridiculous to be debating this when it’s purely subjective.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The last one :spy:

Scully
Reactions:

Post by Scully »

I'm here because I think I'm in love with Ana/Ludwika... She is so perfect, almost unreal. I am telling you this now and I am a quite old lady.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

People are speculating that they will get married

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 21:49

Nothing about outfits screams marriage or at least not Ana being the bride.
Honestly, I'm waiting for the trailer to have an opinion because I made the mistake of trusting fans on twitter saying Mariana and Ana were def being in love and a real couple in S2 and look what happened, we got more straight content than S1.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 22:55
Guest wrote:

Honestly, I'm waiting for the trailer to have an opinion because I made the mistake of trusting fans on twitter saying Mariana and Ana were def being in love and a real couple in S2 and look what happened, we got more straight content than S1.
I agree, but tbf it does look like Ludwika is not dressed yet or has that jacket over what she’s wearing

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

set photos of Marianna with Ferran have me worrying. But for some reason I feel like if we don’t get Maryana endgame, Ana will still end up wlw and tbh idk how I feel about that lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

“Get in, let’s raise our daughters together and fall in love with each other” :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 04:44
set photos of Marianna with Ferran have me worrying. But for some reason I feel like if we don’t get Maryana endgame, Ana will still end up wlw and tbh idk how I feel about that lol
Hmm…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They’ll be endgame, I’m not worried. It does fit the vibe of the show to have everything end with a wedding with everyone there but who knows. I just hope it’s a satisfying storyline.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ lol

When is the show coming back anyway

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 06:48
^ lol

Oh feel free to laugh if I’m wrong about the endgame :nails:
December like last year? They haven’t said yet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Aug 2022, 22:55
Guest wrote:

I feel like they’d want to drag us along until the last minute like they’ve done so far. I’m picturing some sort of revelation in the last episode or so and then like a big gathering followed by a scene with the two of them and the kids, going full circle. After all this is a pretty lighthearted and soapy show.
What speaks for us vs last season is that this is the last one and they knew it while filming. They could choose an ending without having to try to get the most amount of people to continue on to a subsequent season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 11:59
Guest wrote:
28 Sep 2022, 06:48
^ lol

Oh feel free to laugh if I’m wrong about the endgame :nails:
December like last year? They haven’t said yet.
That's so long. They are taking forever.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

A couple of days ago ludwika posted an ig vid of her doing what looked like dub or voice over work for the show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jul 2022, 16:12

:tinfoil:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

When should we be expecting some new details? Anyone know when the release date/teasers/trailers were released for previous seasons? I’m hoping it’s gonna be a December release like last year rather than January

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 21:53
Guest wrote:

Ugh why is every post with even the smallest hint of optimism met with sarcasm and the implication that we’re delusional. Like why bring everybody down before we’ve even seen as much as a trailer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2022, 12:07
Guest wrote:
23 Oct 2022, 21:53
Guest wrote:

Ugh why is every post with even the smallest hint of optimism met with sarcasm and the implication that we’re delusional. Like why bring everybody down before we’ve even seen as much as a trailer.
For some reason, despite the fact the show has multiple indications of a wlw ship happening and the actors themselves have given multiple indications plus it’s produced by Netflix which is more open to showing LGBT relationships over cable TV, we must believe that it is in no way happening because… well because queer bait!!

Lol I swear, maybe it’s easier to play victim about queer baiting than it is to just wait for the full product to come out to determine if it is actually queer bait. That must be it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I came across this video which I thought summed up my feelings pretty well. Personally I’m convinced they’ll end up together, there are just too many things pointing towards it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Looks like season 3 will be dropping in December like last year.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^That means we must be getting a trailer soon :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

But why keep it a secret?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Nov 2022, 21:05
But why keep it a secret?
Because it’s not officially announced yet, although I doubt she’ll get in trouble as she just gave us a general date not the exact one - I feel like the release date isn’t that big of a deal, bad would be showing a script or giving a spoiler - doubt she’d have shared if it was so serious.