The L Word: Generation Q - Part II (Showtime; season 3 = final season)

Reactions:

Re: The L Word: Generation Q - Part II

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 13:25
Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 13:02
Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 12:02
guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 11:35
Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 11:09

I wouldn’t mind seeing Finley and Shane together as a couple :wub:
they are more like bros,finley even called her "mom" :rofl:
DA why you call them bros when both are woman?
So did Dana and Alice and looked what happened. I think Finley and Shane would be an amazing couple for butch representation. The hypocrisy of some of you that desperately wanted Dani with Bette when Bette could be her grandma but have issues with shinley just cause they call each other sister
Hey now, Bette hardly looks old at all. She's hot! :lol:
I've got no issue with Finley and Shane getting it on, mind you. Would make for an interesting affair that's for sure. :nervous:
Bette is hot, my issue is the age gap.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 13:19
Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 13:10
Who saw Gigi and Dani coming? I think it's possible to mix up the couples and see who works. Even Tina and Carrie worked before they ruined Carrie's character. But Shane and Finely? I don't think so because they're both pathetic. Nothing would get done.

Dani with Shane, Alice or Bette? I could see it. Finely with Shane, Alice or Bette not so much. Gigi has already made her way through Alice and Bette so :rofl:

Hmm, Nat and Bette could have been interesting.

But I stand by Alice and Bette making actual sense for a long term relationship.
Please why would you give Dani pathetic Shane or Toxic Bette that could be her mum :mask: I can totally see Dani with Alice :$
Alice can be Dani’s mom too, they don’t even look good together lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Bette is 20 years older than me and could def still get it so I relate to Dani as I imagine a lot of other Millennials do.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 13:56
Bette is 20 years older than me and could def still get it so I relate to Dani as I imagine a lot of other Millennials do.
I just remembered. JB (Bette) is 58 this year. AM (Dani) is 27 this year. A 30 year age gap. This is the largest lesbian age gap since Sarah Paulson and Holland Taylor. :blinkwide:

But still, I can't over Dani and Bette's hotness. :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 13:20
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

So did Dana and Alice and looked what happened. I think Finley and Shane would be an amazing couple for butch representation. The hypocrisy of some of you that desperately wanted Dani with Bette when Bette could be her grandma but have issues with shinley just cause they call each other sister
Finley and Sophie literally Alice and Dana 2.0. i loved them hopefully none one of them will get killed. I could sense Marja wanted to build Sinley just like a tributes to OG Dalice. Meanwhile Dani and Gigi more like the beginning of Tibette relationship that we never saw because when Og first season aired Tibette already in relationship. They will have up and down for sure, I hope Gini didn't end up like Tibette.
DA If that's what Mango thought she was doing then she screwed up by making the one they betray in getting together the most sympathetic and best liked by the audience in the triangle. I didn't even care about Dani in S1 but of the three, she was definitely the most tolerable, and not only did her fiancee and her friend stab her in the back (actually two friends in a way since Lego's been shitty about it too) but her ex-fiancee doesn't even seem to feel bad about it at all. With Dalice it was Tonya who was just so comically awfully (and maaaaybe even killed Dana's cat) that it was just entertaining and you couldn't actually feel bad for her when she ends up cutting off Dana's confession to say she's leaving her for Melissa Rivers!

Instead, all I get from Sophie is just that she's an awful charisma-free person hooking up with a spazzy overgrown kindergartener, so whatever.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 14:19
Guest wrote:
I just remembered. JB (Bette) is 58 this year. AM (Dani) is 27 this year. A 30 year age gap. This is the largest lesbian age gap since Sarah Paulson and Holland Taylor. :blinkwide:

But still, I can't over Dani and Bette's hotness. :$
DA Their characters don't have that much though. Dani is supposed to be thirty and Bette's in her early fifties iirc, while JB imo can pass for a woman in her late forties, at least. It's still a big gap but it's not sixty-and-looks-it going after some college kid here. I don't ship Danette as I want something else for Bette and I'm on the Gini train, but yeah, as another millennial, JB/Bette is just hot.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Yep Bette can have me anyway she wants :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dani and Gigi are perfect match,Bette and Dani..to me its like mother and daughter

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Who saw Gigi and Dani coming? I think it's possible to mix up the couples and see who works. Even Tina and Carrie worked before they ruined Carrie's character. But Shane and Finely? I don't think so because they're both pathetic. Nothing would get done.

Dani with Shane, Alice or Bette? I could see it. Finely with Shane, Alice or Bette not so much. Gigi has already made her way through Alice and Bette so :rofl:

But I stand by Alice and Bette making actual sense for a long term relationship.
Please why would you give Dani pathetic Shane or Toxic Bette that could be her mum :mask: I can totally see Dani with Alice :$
I don't like Shane but I could *see* her hooking up with Dani like she did with Nikki in the OG. It works. I'm not saying I want it, just that it wouldn't be that weird. But Shane and Finely would be weird. I mean maybe they could make it work? Couldn't be worse than Shess I suppose.

I'm all for Bette and Dani, it would be so incredibly hot. Bette looks good with younger women.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 14:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don't like Shane but I could *see* her hooking up with Dani like she did with Nikki in the OG. It works. I'm not saying I want it, just that it wouldn't be that weird. But Shane and Finely would be weird. I mean maybe they could make it work? Couldn't be worse than Shess I suppose.

I'm all for Bette and Dani, it would be so incredibly hot. Bette looks good with younger women.
I find these comments homophobic. Why wouldn't Shane and Finley work? You are not much different from homophobes who don't want to see gay couples.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 14:43
Dani and Gigi are perfect match,Bette and Dani..to me its like mother and daughter
I cringe when people call them mother and daughter like since Dani had a sex dream about Bette. <_<

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 15:08
Guest wrote:
I cringe when people call them mother and daughter like since Dani had a sex dream about Bette. <_<
Which scene? Please tell me. :rageblush:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA I’d love to see Bette with a younger woman but not with Dani. Dani is way too serious, only someone as emotionally open and healthy as Gigi can melt Dani’s heart.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

I spent all season 1 waiting for some kissing or sex scene between Dani and Bette. They had chemistry, they understood each other and they admired each other. I wouldn’t root for a relationship because, at the end of it all, Dani is one of the purest and most good characters on the show.
She has a crush on Bette and never so much acted on it. But it would be hot.

Dani and Sophie served to show that even though you love someone, that person is not who you need. Dani not being able to open up to Sophie and Sophie not being able to learn how to manage that, was the thing needed from the start that they wouldn’t last.
It’s the seed that shows why Gigi is who Dani needs and her perfect pairing.

Dani is evolving while still being herself.
Sophie still remains the same. She needs someone who is not Finn, but I am not sure who would that be.

Finn deserves someone who doesn’t make her question herself and doesn’t feed her insecurities. Sophie is not that person. But right now on the series, I don’t see who could that be.

Bette? She will always love Tina and never love anyone as much as Tina.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 15:04
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I find these comments homophobic. Why wouldn't Shane and Finley work? You are not much different from homophobes who don't want to see gay couples.
DA Because Finley really doesn't fit the type that Shane has has pretty much always gone for, at all? Also, presentation aside, Finley is such a childish immature mess that I'd want to see her with any OG character even less than I like to see her with Sophie. Paired with a much older woman, it would almost be creepy, and definitely pathetic. That said, Finley/Shane would still be better than Shess, because literally anything would be better than Shess, unless it involves another...you know.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 15:10
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Which scene? Please tell me. :rageblush:
S2 Ep1 Dani tells Sophie she had a sex dream about Bette

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 15:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA Because Finley really doesn't fit the type that Shane has has pretty much always gone for, at all? Also, presentation aside, Finley is such a childish immature mess that I'd want to see her with any OG character even less than I like to see her with Sophie. Paired with a much older woman, it would almost be creepy, and definitely pathetic. That said, Finley/Shane would still be better than Shess, because literally anything would be better than Shess, unless it involves another...you know.
Yup, I agree with all of this. It's not really about how Finley looks, it's her attitude that puts me off pairing her with almost anyone but especially Shane - they especially don't work romantically because of their personalities. But yeah, would also take them over Shess.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Okay, just for fun: if you were in control of Generation Q, who would you put together as a couple?

I'd put Bette and Dani together for a one time thing (for science :spy: )
If Nat came back, I'd put her back with Gigi but if Nat doesn't come back, then Gigi can stay with Dani
I'd actually keep Tina and Carrie together but I'd sort out Carrie's issues so they were healthy. I think having the butch rep is nice on the show and I don't hate these two together.
I'd put Alice with Bette. Both of them want to settle down and have great careers. Full circle ;)
I'd bring Carmen back for Shane or bring in a hot new love interest.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What’s the actress who played Rebecca the lady priest up to these days? I kinda liked her for Finley. Maybe Margie will bring her back.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Finley is a woman, that should be enough for Shane's type.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 15:33
Okay, just for fun: if you were in control of Generation Q, who would you put together as a couple?

If Nat came back, I'd put her back with Gigi but if Nat doesn't come back, then Gigi can stay with Dani
I'd actually keep Tina and Carrie together but I'd sort out Carrie's issues so they were healthy. I think having the butch rep is nice on the show and I don't hate these two together.
I'd put Alice with Bette. Both of them want to settle down and have great careers. Full circle ;)
Agree on putting Dani and Bette for one time thing. But that was before Gigi entered Dani’s life. I do hope Dani and Bette return to their relationship though.

Gigi and Nat is a no for me. I don’t see the romantic chemistry there. But confident friends it’s a yes.

The moment Gigi told Dani that she would do what she wanted, I was down with that ship, hard. It just makes a lot of sense.

Carie and Tina I agree. Same with Shane and Carmen.

Bette? No one. Either Tina or no one.

Alice and Nat can get back together, imo.

Sophie and her hand so she learns a person is supposed to work during sex.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 10:28
What about Bette with Sophie or Finley? I don’t think anyone else in that show deserves someone like Bette.
I agree, they could be a good butch couple rep.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 15:40
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

No Shane likes hyper femmes like many masculine lesbians do, if you notice they femmed Tess up in s2 to fit Shane's type because they would pair them together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I see them more like teacher/student, specially since it’s normal for the student to crush on the teacher while also looking up to them.

Dani (and her dad) clearly sees more of her mom in Gigi but not in creepy way. A lot of people look for familiarity and common heritage in their partners and sometimes (when the family was healthy, which it seems Dani’s mom was) that helped find a good match.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 15:46
Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 15:40
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

No Shane likes hyper femmes like many masculine lesbians do, if you notice they femmed Tess up in s2 to fit Shane's type because they would pair them together.
It doesn't matter, Finley is still a woman and Shane can like her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Agree that Tina should be with Carrie but they need to be healthy. They’re a cute couple.

Gigi stays with Dani.

Bette with Alice.

Shane gets back together with Quora.

Finley with Rebecca.

Sophie with someone new, someone who can make her likable because Sophie’s character is horrible right now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 12:20
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
What about Bette with Sophie or Finley? I don’t think anyone else in that show deserves someone like Bette.
Because Fin and Sophie called each other “bros” and had “bro night” where they partied together. That was the kind of relationship they initially had and tbh it made more sense.

If Micah had any sense he would see that they trauma bonded at the hospital; instead he thinks Dani and Gigi did 😂
Sophie and Finley made a lot of sense. Why are you so against this lesbian pairing and prefer them as friends? It's homophobic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 13:07
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Same happened with sophie, I can’t see why Shane and Finley can’t be together
They’re hot
Adorable, they have a great chemistry together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 16:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Because Fin and Sophie called each other “bros” and had “bro night” where they partied together. That was the kind of relationship they initially had and tbh it made more sense.

If Micah had any sense he would see that they trauma bonded at the hospital; instead he thinks Dani and Gigi did 😂
Sophie and Finley made a lot of sense. Why are you so against this lesbian pairing and prefer them as friends? It's homophobic.
They’re better off at friends. So were Alice and Dana but at least they sold their sexual attraction and had excellent comedic scenes. Sophie and Finley have shitty romantic chemistry. What’s homophobic about saying that? :eyeroll: Go take a walk.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 15:41
Guest wrote:

Agree on putting Dani and Bette for one time thing. But that was before Gigi entered Dani’s life. I do hope Dani and Bette return to their relationship though.

Gigi and Nat is a no for me. I don’t see the romantic chemistry there. But confident friends it’s a yes.

The moment Gigi told Dani that she would do what she wanted, I was down with that ship, hard. It just makes a lot of sense.

Carie and Tina I agree. Same with Shane and Carmen.

Bette? No one. Either Tina or no one.

Alice and Nat can get back together, imo.

Sophie and her hand so she learns a person is supposed to work during sex.
I love Dani and Gigi together so I feel guilty saying I want to see Dani and Bette but... I do although only as a one time thing.

Sophie and her hand :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I miss the absurd drama that the OG had, they could use some of that in GQ to get people talking. Have Tina arrested, bring Carmen back, have Bette and Alice get together and give us some OG style love scenes with Dani and Gigi. Imagine if Helena returned and hooked up with some of the characters, the internet would explode. I can't believe the wasted potential.

Things have also changed for lesbians like marriage, why don't they actually let a couple get married instead of pissing in hallways? Smh.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think I figured out a way to free Shane and Finley: Tophie

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 16:31
Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 16:26
I miss the absurd drama that the OG had, they could use some of that in GQ to get people talking. Have Tina arrested, bring Carmen back, have Bette and Alice get together and give us some OG style love scenes with Dani and Gigi. Imagine if Helena returned and hooked up with some of the characters, the internet would explode. I can't believe the wasted potential.

Things have also changed for lesbians like marriage, why don't they actually let a couple get married instead of pissing in hallways? Smh.
This! I'm hoping Dani and Gidi get married at the end of the series hoping they get a s4 and it would be a nice contrast with how s2 started for Dani.

I think they could do absurd drama without bringing characters from the OG tbh, they could be new characters like Mona or the bird girl or maybe just have a cameo with Helena or Carmen but one episode thing, nothing that would take too much time away from the main characters.
I'd love a huge lesbian wedding. Either Dani and Gigi or Bette and Tina/Alice.

I guess but I don't care about a lot of what the new characters do, like Sophie could murder someone and I'd zone out. If they hired new interesting characters then maybe.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 16:30
Either that or let Sophie continue to fuck around. Her little sister called it, she’s a cheater and flake like their dad. Maybe she claims she wants commitment and kids but cheats at the first chance she gets when it’s convenient. It would at least make her more complex. More hated? Probably. But most of us know someone like that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 16:41

JB is so attractive, my beautiful bby :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 16:06
Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 16:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:

They’re better off at friends. So were Alice and Dana but at least they sold their sexual attraction and had excellent comedic scenes. Sophie and Finley have shitty romantic chemistry. What’s homophobic about saying that? :eyeroll: Go take a walk.
I feel the other way around. Alice and Dana had no sexual chemistry in my opinion, while Sinley made me soooo wet.

DRI
Reactions:

Post by DRI »

Alice is desprate and needy don`t you get it she was never in a meaningful relationship, Tina is the love of bettes life alice can`t compare. Alice is still this confused women, no one in the OG was interested in her except that women who use and humiliate her, no much growth in gq 2 either, tina is a career women two and never ever can she hold a candle between the love of bette and tina period :goldstar:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 16:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I love Bette’s amused smirk at the end :lol: She seems well aware of the effect she has on uptight baby dykes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

DRI wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 17:13
Alice is desprate and needy don`t you get it she was never in a meaningful relationship, Tina is the love of bettes life alice can`t compare. Alice is still this confused women, no one in the OG was interested in her except that women who use and humiliate her, no much growth in gq 2 either, tina is a career women two and never ever can she hold a candle between the love of bette and tina period :goldstar:
:yawn: Idk why you're so upset about the idea of Bette and Alice, it's not like something that great will happen anyway. It's likely Bette and Tina will end up back together after another season of tired ass behaviour. Unless the rumors about Laurel leaving are true, then I don't know.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ma’am this is a wendy’s

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 17:28
ma’am this is a wendy’s
Is this reversed? :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 17:26
DRI wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 17:13
:yawn: Idk why you're so upset about the idea of Bette and Alice, it's not like something that great will happen anyway. It's likely Bette and Tina will end up back together after another season of tired ass behaviour. Unless the rumors about Laurel leaving are true, then I don't know.
LOL this. I'm having fun with the idea of Balice rn, but hey, obsessed Alice-hating Tibetter--it is NOT actually going to happen. Not as a fling/affair, and definitely not as an endgame. We're basically fanficcing here and I think all of us pretty much know it. Alice is not a threat to Tibette at all, hell if anything the main threat to their getting back together is LUH's availability and the extent to which Mango seems to hate and specifically want to spite most major demographics of OG fans (while also knowing that she needs to throw some bones anyway). Relax, we can't actually take Bette away from you.

DRI
Reactions:

Post by DRI »

ofc if you are a tibetter stand by your confessions, We want bette and tina to be endgame, you confused ST because now you ship a meaningless ship, ST looks at what fans want do you get it :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I respect that they were both aware of the attraction that was happening between them but didn’t act on it. They are powerful together.

DRI
Reactions:

Post by DRI »

just clarified it not just tibette but season 3

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 11:05
Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 04:41
Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 11:17
:rofl:

💘 They do make sense but I would rather see Danette.
When Bette says "fuck, Alice" :shifty: also, I actually never noticed that there was tension between them in the OG (was more of a TiBette shipper) but there is when you look at their scenes together. It's pretty charged.
Bette - smart and confident
Alice - smart and confident

Bette - successful and career driven
Alice - successful and career driven

Bette - loves her daughter
Alice - loves Bette’s daughter

Bette - dominant in bed rather than submissive
Alice - can do both

Bette - drama queen
Alice - drama queen

Age gap - appropriate

In theory, they’re perfect :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by guest »

How long do they take to shoot 10 episodes?