The L Word: Generation Q - Part II (Showtime; season 3 = final season)

Reactions:

Re: The L Word: Generation Q - Part II

Post by Guest »

Anon2226 wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 21:03
Any news about series 3?? Any serious inside info?
No, it's likely we find out in January :yawn: I'll be curious to see if they announce that S3 will be the final season.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 20:03
Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 13:24
Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 02:22
sorry but that fic with the threesome is weird IMO
I just can't with the 30 year old difference :mask:
i'll say just give it a try anon! :whistle: This specific throuple fanfic is so damn well written.
I get what you say, because i'm not Dabette stan and i didn't want it to happen BUT let me remind you that we are talking about Bette, J-fucking-Beals, and that means no age difference is big enough not to take advantage of a sex opportunity with Bette. :nails: To clarify it, i'm not Bette stan as well but let's be real this woman has no age! :$

A visual reminder just because
DA. It's ok to not like a crackship or a particular fanfiction. I personally can find bette attractive an average amount and her personality is sophie levels of awful in my opinion, I wish this thread was mature about respecting people's preferences without wanting to force it on everyone else. Maybe we would not have stan wars if people were to scroll pass an opinion an opinion they don't agree with.
I was the one who answered and honestly i didn't want to start any war or something. I don't know what exactly made you believe that but it was not my intention! Of course we can have different preferences. But the OP didn't say anything about Bette as a character but mentioned only the age gap issue. That's why i wrote my thoughts.
As i said i'm not Bette or Dabette stan and the reason i gave this fanfic a try was only because one anon couple pages before said this was the best she has read.
Anyways, i hope i made my point is clear this time. :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

DANAAAAAAAAAAA :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I thought good quality videos of this event didn't exist :blinkwide:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 04:31
Why is this picture funny 😂

Marja is a bottom or a top? :spy:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 00:17

Omg this is the most playful I’ve seen JB and JenLuh in general :wub: :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 19:05
I wish fanfic writers would write Bette making nice and apologizing to both Gigi and Dani for the way she treated them since Marja didn’t give us that and I need closure 😒 Every Gini fanfic that I read and that includes Bette she’s featured as evil bitter woman and she’s not like that, at least the OG Bette wasn’t. All I’m saying is I love my Gini and I love Bette, so sometimes it’s hard to read when she’s so unlikable. Ok, thanks for coming to my Ted talk 😅
x 2 Human beings are flawed and messy. They behave irrationally, make mistakes and don’t behave ideally in situations that call for grace. Everyone has shades of grey, so it’s a little disappointing to see characters (Bette, Sophie etc) as one dimensional characters in fanfics or on the show. I wish there was more nuance, but it is what it is *shrugs*

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Totally agree with her. JB's back is a work of art :rageblush: from back then and until now. It's unbelievable.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 05:49
Guest wrote:
I wish fanfic writers would write Bette making nice and apologizing to both Gigi and Dani for the way she treated them since Marja didn’t give us that and I need closure 😒 Every Gini fanfic that I read and that includes Bette she’s featured as evil bitter woman and she’s not like that, at least the OG Bette wasn’t. All I’m saying is I love my Gini and I love Bette, so sometimes it’s hard to read when she’s so unlikable. Ok, thanks for coming to my Ted talk 😅
x 2 Human beings are flawed and messy. They behave irrationally, make mistakes and don’t behave ideally in situations that call for grace. Everyone has shades of grey, so it’s a little disappointing to see characters (Bette, Sophie etc) as one dimensional characters in fanfics or on the show. I wish there was more nuance, but it is what it is *shrugs*
DA Please never put Bette Porter in the same category as Sophie :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 10:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Let’s not get into why you think Sophie is so much worse than Bette. My point about Bette and Sophie (in the context mentioned above) still stands. Oh look! I put them in the same sentence again.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That girl Liz is really the MVP of the Tibette fandom, I don't know how she got that but she delivered the entire L5 with good image and audio :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 11:52
That girl Liz is really the MVP of the Tibette fandom, I don't know how she got that but she delivered the entire L5 with good image and audio :heart:

Nice one! L5 was wild since it was the only convention JB attended.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 10:27
Guest wrote:

Totally agree with her. JB's back is a work of art :rageblush: from back then and until now. It's unbelievable.
And not just her back :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 15:35
Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 10:27
Guest wrote:

And not just her back :$

I was so heart broken when I read this interview and turns out she's "super-straight" :-/
https://www.vulture.com/2019/12/jennife ... ion-q.html

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Im gonna be sad if we don’t get s3. I want to see more of Gigi’s loft. :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

According to this, GQ has been renewed. Was made back in November?
https://www.tvinsider.com/981105/tv-shows-renewed-2021/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 21:21
According to this, GQ has been renewed. Was made back in November?
https://www.tvinsider.com/981105/tv-shows-renewed-2021/
This is only for 2021 tv season. So it lists TLWGQ season 2. No decision has been announced for a 3rd season yet.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 18:14
Im gonna be sad if we don’t get s3. I want to see more of Gigi’s loft. :bigcry:
x2 did anyone figure out the layout? I want a lot of scenes in her loft

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Helena :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 10:58
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Let’s not get into why you think Sophie is so much worse than Bette. My point about Bette and Sophie (in the context mentioned above) still stands. Oh look! I put them in the same sentence again.
Fact:
Bette = Sophie.
People love Bette because she is beautiful. The end.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sepi liked some cool fan art yesterday of Gini that was posted back in October. Good sign? :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 00:20
Sepi liked some cool fan art yesterday of Gini that was posted back in October. Good sign? :fingcross:
And Ari liked this 2 days ago

I love them :lol:

Guestttttt
Reactions:

Post by Guestttttt »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 23:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Fact:
Bette = Sophie.
I can attest to this. I’ve never been attracted to Jennifer Beals, and so I find a lot of Bette’s character frustrating at best and toxic / regressive at best. It’s easier to see her for who and how she is, when her looks just don’t really do it for you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 00:32
Guest wrote:
da. Let's hope it's a positive sign :pray: We need S3 :bigcry: Can you share anon which fanart Sepi liked?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 00:45
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da. Let's hope it's a positive sign :pray: We need S3 :bigcry: Can you share anon which fanart Sepi liked?
I need Gini spinoff :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
These

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 01:04
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
These
The saviors of this show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 01:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
These
They’ll always give it their all. Imagine how good new scenes of them would be since they know how much people love them. Just give us season 3 already :(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
These
Thanks anon :hug:

Manifesting to get this art as a Gini scene on the show :dance2: Since Sepi also liked it :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 01:17
Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 01:07
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

These
They’ll always give it their all. Imagine how good new scenes of them would be since they know how much people love them. Just give us season 3 already :(
da
x100 but first they need more screen time! Ok Marja? :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 01:18
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
These
Thanks anon :hug:

Manifesting to get this art as a Gini scene on the show :dance2: Since Sepi also liked it :$

Can this also become a reality on season 3? :spy: i don't care if Sepideh liked or not.
Please and thank you

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

From this...

...to this

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 02:20
From this...

...to this
I do not know. To me it didn't feel like Shane was in love with Tess. This season was all very bizarre in terms of relationships, I didn't feel true in couples, except Gini.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm curious, what is your favorite sex scene??

I'm a new viewer (first episodes) so I have only seen some sex scenes out of context on sm but I wonder what some of you (that have watched more) think of it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

For me, the biggest problem and reason why I don't understand how unseasoned chicken and PiBette have fans is that the writers did far too much telling instead of showing.

Kate comes across as bored to death in every scene that doesn't involve Leisha and JB. Shane being "enchanted" (🙄) by Tess made zero sense based on Shane's own words and actions in season 1.

Jennifer chewed scenery in all PiBette scenes because they pulled Pippa out of their ass and failed to provide a backstory for them that would have made sense.

As much as I despise Sinley, we did see them go from friends to lovers so I can kind of understand how some could enjoy them. (We all have a problematic fave fictional couple that we stan)

On paper, Gini was slightly more telling than showing but it actually makes sense that Dani and Gigi would be into each other (once again proving how truly unqualified Marja is to be a showrunner). Add in the natural chemistry between Sepi and Ari and it made Gini the true magic of season 2.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Fact:
Bette = Sophie.
Da

People love Bette because she’s beautiful AND for her OG personality. Helena was beautiful too, but she has nowhere near as many fans as Bette has. GQ Bette is awful, that I agree with. However, Sophie is still a wet sock compared to Bette, lmao.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 03:02

I'm a new viewer (first episodes) so I have only seen some sex scenes out of context on sm but I wonder what some of you (that have watched more) think of it?
I watched both the Og and genq. The Nat x Gigi sex scene in 1x07 has my heart :heart:
And I will never get more of it :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 07:05
Guest wrote:

I watched both the Og and genq. The Nat x Gigi sex scene in 1x07 has my heart :heart:
X2 💙 That NatG scene outsold. It was everything. It had tenderness, longing, passion, chemistry and the whole lead into it helped: reading the kid the bedtime story, making tea and discussing their past and then boom. It gave me butterflies they were so believable. I'm really floored by the fact that the two actresses could make me believe an entire backstory that I didn't get to see any of.

Golnar
Reactions:

Post by Golnar »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 07:11
Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 07:05
Guest wrote:

X2 💙 That NatG scene outsold. It was everything. It had tenderness, longing, passion, chemistry and the whole lead into it helped: reading the kid the bedtime story, making tea and discussing their past and then boom. It gave me butterflies they were so believable. I'm really floored by the fact that the two actresses could make me believe an entire backstory that I didn't get to see any of.
Sepi brings such authenticity to any scene she’s in, and I think Steph (based on her own recounting of the experience of filming these scenes) was willing to engage in the “realness” of it. So neither of them treated it as performative, which speaks volumes about their emotional commitment to their roles. I think that played a huge part in selling the emotional richness and backstory between these two characters.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Objectively I would rank them like this:
1.NatGi
2.The throuple
3.Gini
4.Gibette (first one)
5.Gibette, the 2nd one
I find it extremely difficult to rank any other sex scene when I didn’t enjoy any of the shess , Daphie or Sinley sex scenes, but if I have then it would go like this:
6. Daphie after breakup
7. Shess (only cos it was super explicit)
8. Pibette just because they are beautiful
9. Sinley
10. Natalice, they are both excellent in intimate scenes with other people, but they didn’t give us nothing.

My personal favourites are the natgi and Gini sex scenes by far

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 03:22
For me, the biggest problem and reason why I don't understand how unseasoned chicken and PiBette have fans is that the writers did far too much telling instead of showing.

Kate comes across as bored to death in every scene that doesn't involve Leisha and JB. Shane being "enchanted" (🙄) by Tess made zero sense based on Shane's own words and actions in season 1.

Jennifer chewed scenery in all PiBette scenes because they pulled Pippa out of their ass and failed to provide a backstory for them that would have made sense.

As much as I despise Sinley, we did see them go from friends to lovers so I can kind of understand how some could enjoy them. (We all have a problematic fave fictional couple that we stan)

On paper, Gini was slightly more telling than showing but it actually makes sense that Dani and Gigi would be into each other (once again proving how truly unqualified Marja is to be a showrunner). Add in the natural chemistry between Sepi and Ari and it made Gini the true magic of season 2.
Many people after the season closed down to delight in Shess by claiming it didn't make sense as a couple. Kate doesn't seem excited about genq. Genq writers destroyed the potential of this show. I was so excited about Shess and Pibette, but they're couples with stories that don't make any sense. Horrible.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 09:04
Guest wrote:

Objectively I would rank them like this:
1.NatGi
2.The throuple
3.Gini
4.Gibette (first one)
5.Gibette, the 2nd one
I find it extremely difficult to rank any other sex scene when I didn’t enjoy any of the shess , Daphie or Sinley sex scenes, but if I have then it would go like this:
6. Daphie after breakup
7. Shess (only cos it was super explicit)
8. Pibette just because they are beautiful
9. Sinley
10. Natalice, they are both excellent in intimate scenes with other people, but they didn’t give us nothing.

My personal favourites are the natgi and Gini sex scenes by far
1.NatGi
2.The throuple
3.Gini
Period

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

OG:

1. Tibette honey honey
2. Tibette elevator
3. Tibette post-ultrasound
4. Bette with NYC twink
5. Bette and Candace at the hotel

GQ:

1. NatG body talk
2. Gibette 19 million views
3. Throuple
4. Gini
5. Gibette kitchen table sex

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 11:29
Guest wrote:

OG:

1. Tibette honey honey
2. Tibette elevator
3. Tibette post-ultrasound
4. Bette with NYC twink
5. Bette and Candace at the hotel

GQ:

1. NatG body talk
2. Gibette 19 million views
3. Throuple
4. Gini
5. Gibette kitchen table sex
GiBette 19million views :rofl:
Iconic.
The potentials. Smh. Should’ve made them FWB and ended them in a good term. Gigi wouldn’t have minded since she knows about TiBette. Stupid stupid writers! Why need to create drama out of everything =_=

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 03:22

Pibette makes sense to me as a couple and I see why some like them. At least as a couple that could last and go the distance (I don’t see that potential with any other pairing). Bette’s “”I’ve been in love with Pippa Pascal since the 3rd grade”” bit didn’t really ring true, but as a couple I think Pibette works. I think if they gave them more couple time and less work/fight the power time, Pibette could be a really good couple.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestttttt wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 00:35
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Fact:
Bette = Sophie.
I can attest to this. I’ve never been attracted to Jennifer Beals, and so I find a lot of Bette’s character frustrating at best and toxic / regressive at best. It’s easier to see her for who and how she is, when her looks just don’t really do it for you.
x2 agreed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 11:42
Guestttttt wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Fact:
Bette = Sophie.
x2 agreed.
X3 I have never liked Bette.
Tina made Bette tolerable for me.
As for JB yes, she is beautiful, tall, strong but I have never been attracted to her. Never.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestttttt wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Fact:
Bette = Sophie.
da. I agree with the above and honestly can't understand the people who excuse her, gen q is a different show than the og and in gen q bette is horrible and I don't find her any more attractive than any other actor on the show so yeah...very weird that people would get upset that we can see the similarity with sophie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 11:42
Guestttttt wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Fact:
Bette = Sophie.
x2 agreed.
Maybe look played a part. But for me the difference is Bette’s behavior is constantly called out (by Jenny’s book, Jodi…), but somehow everyone just forgot what Sophie did and moved on. So personally i find JB extremely hot, Bette a well-written and interesting character who i won’t be able to stand irl, and Sophie just plain flat, irresponsible, and whom i do not enjoy seeing on screen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 12:00
Guestttttt wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Fact:
Bette = Sophie.
da. I agree with the above and honestly can't understand the people who excuse her, gen q is a different show than the og and in gen q bette is horrible and I don't find her any more attractive than any other actor on the show so yeah...very weird that people would get upset that we can see the similarity with sophie.
DA I love Bette but I've been saying for ages that if she didn't look the way she did, she wouldn't get a pass. That said, she's not the same as Sophie, because I feel like Sophie lacks depth and passion whereas Bette has both. Also, the way Bette fucks up despite her best intentions is relatable.