08 Nov 2021, 01:24

Trailer: https://m.imdb.com/title/tt13632182/
:rofl:

Reactions:

Re: Lesbian Movies (2021)

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 20:02
That s Valeria Bruni Tedeschi. Really good in it as well!
Oh ok, thanks! I like her too. She played a same sex relationship in seul les betes, she had great chemistry with the actress.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Nov 2021, 19:57
The script does seem horrible ans very cliché (frenchwise), but it's actually very good. The real love story is between the two woman.
what happened at the end?
At least she chooses the woman??

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest34 wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 12:30
GuestOO wrote:
13 Nov 2021, 11:13
Guest wrote:

Thank you anon! :$
we need sweet films like this :$

This looks very adorable and sweet! Putting it on the Christmas watch list! :heart:
It does look kinda adorable, but why is the whole plot including the ending in the trailer? Like wtf???

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 09:39
It does look kinda adorable, but why is the whole plot including the ending in the trailer? Like wtf???
I always think that's weird too, but somebody in marketing tells me apparently trailers do work better that way. People who hate being spoiled aren't turned off enough, or aren't turned off enough in big enough numbers, to make it cost them anything, but people who might not have watched it otherwise are more likely to when they know more or less the whole story because it feels like it takes less energy. People like knowing more than they like being surprised.

That's why modern movie trailers, with the exception of big "event" movies like Marvel stuff, give away the whole plot.

And people are used to it now too, when trailers don't do that, they complain, I was just reading through the Station Eleven trailer comments and even though the trailer makes the basic premise clear - pandemic wipes out nearly everyone, these people are trying to make it through the aftermath - tons of comment were complaint that people don't know what's happening and don't want to watch. It's weird.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest34 wrote:
GuestOO wrote:
Guest wrote:

This looks very adorable and sweet! Putting it on the Christmas watch list! :heart:
x2
yes, it's a bit cheesy but genuinly sweet and will be a nice watch on holidays with a glass of wine.
Sometimes it's really nice to see light movie without too much drama or darkness, especially for a lesbian movie.

Saki888
Veteran
Reactions: 198

Post by Saki888 »

Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 10:35
Guest wrote:
15 Nov 2021, 09:39
I always think that's weird too, but somebody in marketing tells me apparently trailers do work better that way. People who hate being spoiled aren't turned off enough, or aren't turned off enough in big enough numbers, to make it cost them anything, but people who might not have watched it otherwise are more likely to when they know more or less the whole story because it feels like it takes less energy. People like knowing more than they like being surprised.

That's why modern movie trailers, with the exception of big "event" movies like Marvel stuff, give away the whole plot.

And people are used to it now too, when trailers don't do that, they complain, I was just reading through the Station Eleven trailer comments and even though the trailer makes the basic premise clear - pandemic wipes out nearly everyone, these people are trying to make it through the aftermath - tons of comment were complaint that people don't know what's happening and don't want to watch. It's weird.
It's a Christmas movie tho.... Everyone knows the cheesy plot happy ending anyway, the ranch saved, they kiss on Christmas day.. it's the same plot in every Christmas movie basically

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Girl In Golden Gate Park

No death, good ending, no het scenes. But it’s a weird, slow movie, lol. It’s like a neo-noir style, with decent acting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Nov 2021, 12:33
Girl In Golden Gate Park

No death, good ending, no het scenes. But it’s a weird, slow movie, lol. It’s like a neo-noir style, with decent acting.
I'll check it. Thank you anon!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What with these lame ass movies :nervous: not criticizing any of you anons for bringing them up, is just there arent any others, which is actually depressing. Seriously, most of them look like they could have been shooted in my backyard with an Iphone 12. Are there no producers in Hollywood interested in making a sweet, fun lesbian romantic comedy or sth? :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2021, 16:52
What with these lame ass movies :nervous: not criticizing any of you anons for bringing them up, is just there arent any others, which is actually depressing. Seriously, most of them look like they could have been shooted in my backyard with an Iphone 12. Are there no producers in Hollywood interested in making a sweet, fun lesbian romantic comedy or sth? :argh:
I'd rather have small films with nice lesbian stories than hollywood productions full of queer shit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2021, 17:06
Guest wrote:
I'd rather have small films with nice lesbian stories than hollywood productions full of queer shit.
Some "bigger" movies did good job portraying wlw stories (Carol, Ammonite, I care a lot). Though I see your point and usually it's better when a movie clearly targeted at lesbian audience.

But what another anon meant is that some lesbian movies look super cheap and weak plot wise and it's true. When your audience is specific(not mainstream), it's more difficult to find good money.
It's like with horror or teen movies: because the audience is limited, they are usually cheap and trashy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Nov 2021, 18:10
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Some "bigger" movies did good job portraying wlw stories (Carol, Ammonite, I care a lot). Though I see your point and usually it's better when a movie clearly targeted at lesbian audience.

But what another anon meant is that some lesbian movies look super cheap and weak plot wise and it's true. When your audience is specific(not mainstream), it's more difficult to find good money.
It's like with horror or teen movies: because the audience is limited, they are usually cheap and trashy.
Correction
When your audience is specific, it's more difficult to find decent money, which is usually necessary to produce good movie.

Aemeth
Veteran
Reactions: 51

Post by Aemeth »

Guest wrote:
16 Nov 2021, 10:00
Guest34 wrote:
GuestOO wrote:
Guest wrote:

x2
yes, it's a bit cheesy but genuinly sweet and will be a nice watch on holidays with a glass of wine.
Sometimes it's really nice to see light movie without too much drama or darkness, especially for a lesbian movie.
This is the worst trailer I have ever seen, hands down :rofl: But will I see it? You bet! Light hearted happy lesbian films need to be supported :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is it true that Hallmark movie every time a bell rings has a lesbian couple? Saw someone say so on Tumblr but can't find anything about it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 18:07
Is it true that Hallmark movie every time a bell rings has a lesbian couple? Saw someone say so on Tumblr but can't find anything about it
Ali Liebert playing a lesbian again.

[*]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Based solely on a review from IMDB I would say yes because the reviewer said something like "it's too bad Hallmark had to make one of the main characters a lesbian because now it can't be considered family viewing ". :rofl: It also doesn't seem like it's one of the new movies on the actual Hallmark channel, but it's either going to be on the "movies and mysteries" channel (or whatever it's called) or just streaming.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 18:36
Guest wrote:

[*]
Ali Liebert is so sweet!
I'll watch this movie only for her :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So, Christmas movies 2021 with lesbians characters (if you know other movie, add it)

1. Under the christmas tree (Lifetime - Premieres: Dec. 19 at 8 p.m. ET/PT)
2. Christmas at the ranch (Tello Films- Premieres: Dec. 1 )
3. Every time a bell rings (Hallmark - It's out - Nov. 18 )

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

[*]
da lol i was just about to say that I didn't know anything about that movie, but if Ali is in it then yes there is probably lesbian content. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

[*]

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hallmark movie with a lesbian character and happy ending? 😱 what happened with them?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 20:31
Hallmark movie with a lesbian character and happy ending? 😱 what happened with them?
The discourse on Twitter kinda obscured the fact that Happiest Season did incredibly well for Hulu for its budget and marketing. It probably cost less than a single episode of Handmaid's Tale, but it was their single biggest movie debut ever, generated a huge amount of publicity, and is more or less guaranteed to get a revival every year.

Hallmark probably started making calls the morning after it went out lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The Novice Trailer for December release, it's gonna be on pvod simultaneously.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 20:10
So, Christmas movies 2021 with lesbians characters (if you know other movie, add it)

1. Under the christmas tree (Lifetime - Premieres: Dec. 19 at 8 p.m. ET/PT)
2. Christmas at the ranch (Tello Films- Premieres: Dec. 1 )
3. Every time a bell rings (Hallmark - It's out - Nov. 18 )
I can't believe we can finally say to have f/f Xmas movies. :bigcry:
I was afraid Happiest Season (and hopefully soon the sequel) would have been our only romcom and comedy Xmas movies.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 20:50
Guest wrote:
The discourse on Twitter kinda obscured the fact that Happiest Season did incredibly well for Hulu for its budget and marketing. It probably cost less than a single episode of Handmaid's Tale, but it was their single biggest movie debut ever, generated a huge amount of publicity, and is more or less guaranteed to get a revival every year.

DA I didn't really care for Happiest Season all that much but I'm glad it was such a big hit and sent a message that the appetite is there. Hallmark really was the last outpost lol, but not anymore.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 21:02

That's a well made trailer. But gotta say, movie aside, those people around her need to get her to therapy :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 21:12
Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 20:50
Guest wrote:

DA I didn't really care for Happiest Season all that much but I'm glad it was such a big hit and sent a message that the appetite is there. Hallmark really was the last outpost lol, but not anymore.
A little part of me is a little bitter that Hallmark hung back and let someone else do all the pushing and take all the risk and now gets to cash in on the market that's been proven, but I'll get over it lol :lol:

Ironically a big part of what I liked about HS was that it wasn't quite the Hallmark movie it had been marketed to be, but I am really looking forward to an expanded supply of soft focus holiday nonsense to vegetate in front of lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

why do you think its gonna have lesbians, is that black girl her gf?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Spring 2021 is a lesbian movie with a happy ending
Ok, the budget is low but despite of that, it's quite sweet

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest34 wrote:
GuestOO wrote:
Guest wrote:

x2
Amanda Righetti. I liked her in The Mentalist.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 22:43
Guest wrote:

Its also gonna have a sex scene with a dude, i was hyped about it and then blam i read some review that more or less inplyied that.
Still the movie is supposed to be about self destructive obsession which includes all sort of shit, so don't expect anything good coming of it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 22:58
Guest wrote:
Guest34 wrote:
GuestOO wrote:
Guest wrote:

x2
She has such a buff posture/built and tall. :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 23:21
Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 22:43
Guest wrote:

Its also gonna have a sex scene with a dude, i was hyped about it and then blam i read some review that more or less inplyied that.
Still the movie is supposed to be about self destructive obsession which includes all sort of shit, so don't expect anything good coming of it.
=_=
Thanks for letting us know, I’m skipping it, too. Ain’t got time to see that again.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 23:28
Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 22:58
Guest wrote:
Guest34 wrote:
GuestOO wrote:

x2
She has such a buff posture/built and tall. :wub:
At the very beginning of The Mentalist I had hoped her character might turn out to be a lesbian because I feel like she just kind of naturally gives off that vibe. After a little while it was clear that wasn't going to happen though. So I'm glad to see her finally playing a lesbian in this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Nov 2021, 22:47
Spring 2021 is a lesbian movie with a happy ending
Ok, the budget is low but despite of that, it's quite sweet

I watched it, it was OK but that brunette girl really doesnt look like she is in HS.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The OP must be a youngster, for a good amount of time alot of lesbian movies were these low budget independent affairs - usually distributed by Wolfe video. It was difficult to get them and you would probably have to order the VHS online. I think they kind of disappeared a bit for a while or TV managed to fill the void. You also got more mainstream movies with a lesbian theme. But now with streaming service its much easier to get money back and get our movies out there to a larger audience. No having to trawl the internet looking for a copy or catching it a random film festival.
Nearer Christmas, I'll probably give both Lesbian Christmas offerings a go.

Regardless, seems like Happiest Season has inspired a few new Christmas lesbian movies - the cowboy one and the one with Laura from Carmilla. It's also worth remembering that "sweet, fun" romantic comedies in general are not popular with movie studios and you generally don't even see many het romantic comedies. I have a soft spot for the romantic comedy but the days of J Lo, Julia Roberts and Meg Ryan having a random chance meeting with a "handsome stranger" leading to hi jinks and eventually happy endings is something you just don't get anymore.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

[*]
is this another lesbian Christmas movie in addition to Ranch Lesbians, Elise Bauman Christmas lesbian?

Also, I like Ali but her hair look like a wig in the photo.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 15:33
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The OP must be a youngster, for a good amount of time alot of lesbian movies were these low budget independent affairs - usually distributed by Wolfe video. It was difficult to get them and you would probably have to order the VHS online. I think they kind of disappeared a bit for a while or TV managed to fill the void. You also got more mainstream movies with a lesbian theme. But now with streaming service its much easier to get money back and get our movies out there to a larger audience. No having to trawl the internet looking for a copy or catching it a random film festival.
Nearer Christmas, I'll probably give both Lesbian Christmas offerings a go.

Regardless, seems like Happiest Season has inspired a few new Christmas lesbian movies - the cowboy one and the one with Laura from Carmilla. It's also worth remembering that "sweet, fun" romantic comedies in general are not popular with movie studios and you generally don't even see many het romantic comedies. I have a soft spot for the romantic comedy but the days of J Lo, Julia Roberts and Meg Ryan having a random chance meeting with a "handsome stranger" leading to hi jinks and eventually happy endings is something you just don't get anymore.
DA Exactly, as we currently only get like basically one to zero het romcoms a year from major studios because they've turned away from mid-budget movies for adults and are too busy trying to pack every screen of the multiplexes with, like, Marvel's The Champions: Ultra War then the chances of a gay one are even slimmer. Streaming and Hallmark/Lifetime etc are basically our best bets in the current climate.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

You Make it Feel Like Christmas, a Lifetime movie aired yesterday. It has a subplot lesbian romance. No kisses, but they're cute.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:lol:
Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 16:47
You Make it Feel Like Christmas, a Lifetime movie aired yesterday. It has a subplot lesbian romance. No kisses, but they're cute.
The love interest in the Ali Liebert movie isn't hot and Elise Bauman's hair is an offensive to my eyes. Have bangs or don't have bags - don't have fucking bangs that end in the middle of your forehead.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 16:47
Hi! Is it worth watching the movie for the lesbian romance? Or is it a two seconds blink and you miss it kinda thing? I don't usually go for Lifetime movies but I have been trying to get into the holiday spirit lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hey the show is old but I was feeling nostalgic and just rewatched the Asian American lesbian movie - saving face.

I never realised how hot Vivian was. I’m Asian, closeted and I could relate so much with character Will. The anxiety with PDA, pressure from traditional family values, pressure from gf who wants to be out with you.

The show is good on a second watch and you feel it after you watch when you actually went through difficulties on being closeted.

I’m Asian and pretty much went through those shit. Any other saving face fan here? Any other show similar to that other than happiest season?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 19:04
Hey the show is old but I was feeling nostalgic and just rewatched the Asian American lesbian movie - saving face.

I never realised how hot Vivian was. I’m Asian, closeted and I could relate so much with character Will. The anxiety with PDA, pressure from traditional family values, pressure from gf who wants to be out with you.

The show is good on a second watch and you feel it after you watch when you actually went through difficulties on being closeted.

I’m Asian and pretty much went through those shit. Any other saving face fan here? Any other show similar to that other than happiest season?
Saving Face is a classic, it's been in my top 5 lesbian movies for over a decade. :lol:
I preferred it over The Half of It, but that one was good too. I wish Alice Wu would make more movies :sadangel:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 19:44
Guest wrote:

Saving Face is a classic, it's been in my top 5 lesbian movies for over a decade. :lol:
I preferred it over The Half of It, but that one was good too. I wish Alice Wu would make more movies :sadangel:
Yes! Why has she stopped? I’ve watched the half of it too, that mixed race chick is hot... actually come to think of it, a lot of those older lesbian movies are so good... I enjoy watching them eg kyss mig, imagine me and you... I wish we have good quality ones like those now. Do we??

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Saving Face is one of my favorite movies. Other similar comedies I know of are Gray Matters, Kissing Jessica Stein, Puccini for Beginners and Imagine Me and You.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11846996/

https://dorothysurrenders.blogspot.com/ ... eason.html

I was looking for stuff about Christmas at the ranch and found this. One of the actresses has been in another lesbian xmas movie. From two years ago.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sorry 😁 Ignore the IMDb link. It's the Dorothy link that leads the right place.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Nov 2021, 20:23
Sorry 😁 Ignore the IMDb link. It's the Dorothy link that leads the right place.
Thanks gal pal!