Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 18:36
Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 18:11
Yzma wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 17:55
Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 17:36

Thats exactly how the manga is and it was writen by a woman, so the problem its not real live action related.
That said you are right, japan has a humongous issue about dealing with homosexuality in live action shows.
haven't watched the film but the manga is not male gazey, it's a fucked up story but it isn't gratuitous.
Really? The ''lesbian'' fucking the husband wasn't gratuitous or exploitative? What about she considering that losing her virginity even after years with another woman?
I would take whatever you considerer 'male gaze' to that horrid shit.
I agree with you. That whole scene fucking the husband when she don’t really need to to be able to killed him but nope they gotta let the lesbian fucked by a man. So unnecessary and I seriously feels nauseous so I had to skipped that whole shit.
DA the bish took her time with the foreplay too

Reactions:

Re: Lesbian Movies (2021)

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 18:37
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yzma wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 17:55

haven't watched the film but the manga is not male gazey, it's a fucked up story but it isn't gratuitous.
Really? The ''lesbian'' fucking the husband wasn't gratuitous or exploitative? What about she considering that losing her virginity even after years with another woman?
I agree with you. That whole scene fucking the husband when she don’t really need to to be able to killed him but nope they gotta let the lesbian fucked by a man. So unnecessary and I seriously feels nauseous so I had to skipped that whole shit.
DA
Kisses him and really into it too. Just being honest here, but anything “lesbian” comes from Chinese and Japanese, don’t trust them, it’s always have sick shit in them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 18:41
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
Kisses him and really into it too. Just being honest here, but anything “lesbian” comes from Chinese and Japanese, don’t trust them, it’s always have sick shit in them.
China doesn't really produces gay content, that said japan live action fell so hard behind korea since the 90s that yeah side eyeing every nonstraight live action content from them its for the best.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 18:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
China doesn't really produces gay content, that said japan live action fell so hard behind korea since the 90s that yeah side eyeing every nonstraight live action content from them its for the best.
China do recently and with that new “lesbian movie” it’s sick to see a lesbian is involved in a relationship with a gay guy and a straight girl. There’s a threesome scene too that’s what I heard. Just sick.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I have seen 3 Korean films with lesbians. They were depressing but they didn't have homophobic sick shit in them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 18:53
I have seen 3 Korean films with lesbians. They were depressing but they didn't have homophobic sick shit in them.
I didn’t read the manga, just saw the trailer and seeing how some others mentioned about it, I thought it wouldn’t be that bad but it’s worse.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 18:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
China do recently and with that new “lesbian movie” it’s sick to see a lesbian is involved in a relationship with a gay guy and a straight girl. There’s a threesome scene too that’s what I heard. Just sick.
thats probably from hong kong, and they do have a small tradition of gay cinema like wong kai wang happy together.
But i think that tailand and korea, even when south korea is deeply religious, eclipses anything japan has done, live action wise and gay related in particular.
that said i find very telling that from all the yuri stuff to adapt Netflix choose this. :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 18:20
Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 18:18
Lesbian Period Drama >>> Ride or Die
Isn't like The Handmaiden the only period drama thats doesn't ends in tragedy or het?
I guess there Summerland too.
DA This right here is the golden truth. These are two of my favourite period drama movies, and The Handmaiden doesn't get enough credit for how amazing it is :goldstar:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Me returning to my favourite thread to discover everything is on fire :blinkwide: :blinkwide: :blinkwide:

Can we all just agree we shouldn't be recommending "lesbian movies" that have explicit het sex scenes or rape scenes in this thread?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 19:13
Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 18:50
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
thats probably from hong kong, and they do have a small tradition of gay cinema like wong kai wang happy together.
But i think that tailand and korea, even when south korea is deeply religious, eclipses anything japan has done, live action wise and gay related in particular.
that said i find very telling that from all the yuri stuff to adapt Netflix choose this. :hmmm:
No, not HK but China. HK can’t still go there with the w/w storylines, they’re suck at it too and baiting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Our Love Story, The Handmaiden, and......?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
yes please do list them i need to know these depressing korean wlw movies to move on from the atrocity that was ride or die thanks

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 21:04
Guest wrote:
Our Love Story, The Handmaiden, and......?
A girl at my door
Moonlit winter ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Even though East Asian lesbians have been racially cruel to people like me these days I literally grew up knowing 4 awesome lesbian movies with a happy ending from them. Despite the current political climate, I recommend...

Butterfly [Hu Die] 蝴蝶 2004 (Hong Kong-Macauu)
Spider Lilies 2007
Saving Face (2004)
The Handmaiden (2016)

Was a total fan until... well we all know how politics divide people

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There's a thread for this Ride or Die movie. Please keep the discussion over there so we can stop discussing lesbian characters sleeping with men in a Lesbian Movies thread viewtopic.php?f=4&t=77004

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Apr 2021, 21:53
Even though East Asian lesbians have been racially cruel to people like me these days I literally grew up knowing 4 awesome lesbian movies with a happy ending from them. Despite the current political climate, I recommend...

Butterfly [Hu Die] 蝴蝶 2004 (Hong Kong-Macauu)
Spider Lilies 2007
Saving Face (2004)
The Handmaiden (2016)

Was a total fan until... well we all know how politics divide people
They should be ashamed.
I don't know what politics is going on in your country but I wonder what politics would be like if only women ie people who could give birth and give life where allowed to take part. Where skin colour wasn't used to divide us.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:spy: :sadangel:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 22:58

It’s the same director of wrath of desire which is full of shit movie again

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 01:48
Guest wrote:

Dude use proper English, did they kill the lesbian or nah?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 02:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Don’t call me dude, and you need to use proper English too and bish be nice when asked a question.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 11:31
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Don’t call me dude, and you need to use proper English too and bish be nice when asked a question.
Why is Zero Chou making such bad movies?

Her previous series 'Handsome Stewardess", Spider Lilies, and the Substitute were full of bad-ass lesbians kicking ass. No one had sex with men. Handsome Stewardess was a lesbian rom com with zero het sex.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 12:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Her previous series 'Handsome Stewardess", Spider Lilies, and the Substitute were full of bad-ass lesbians kicking ass. No one had sex with men. Handsome Stewardess was a lesbian rom com with zero het sex.
I watched the trailer OP and where did you get that a gay guy is involved in a relationship with a straight girl?

What I got from the trailer is that two women are in a relationship - no guy; in 1970's Taiwan during the White Terror period of political repression. They break up due to the homophobic and politically repressive times.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 12:52
Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 12:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I watched the trailer OP and where did you get that a gay guy is involved in a relationship with a straight girl?

What I got from the trailer is that two women are in a relationship - no guy; in 1970's Taiwan during the White Terror period of political repression. They break up due to the homophobic and politically repressive times.
Have you watch the movie yet? Watch it and you will see what I meant. I’m so disappointed with Zero with this movie and seems like her upcoming one is a crazy mess, too. I guess she’s taking another direction after all of her previous works.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Hey anon, I totally apologise for disrespecting you ealier, I normally don't behave that way. I call my friends or girls I like "dude", it wasn't meant to be degrading. You're right though I did respond like a total bish to your post with the whole "English" thing. For that I'm sorry.

I just wanted to know if the lesbian got killed in the movie you recommended

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hi guys can someone help me find this french lesbian movie(I think it's not all about lesbianism but the main character has lesbian scenes in it) that I watched years ago, I download it to my phone before but I don't have it now and I forgot the movie title. I think it was around 2016/17/18 movie not really sure but somewhere around that 16-2017-2018 or I don't know I suck at estimating. Its about a woman(the main character) who's in her 30's or 40's just got divorced from her husband and she had a brief affair with her I think student or a student, whos much younger than her. The other girl is like a teen/or in her early 20's, and they sometimes hook up. They had scenes in the main characters' car and house. But it's not really all about a lesbian movie but it just has a lesbian scenes in it, which I find the scenes really sexy. I remembered the ending of the movie was the main character is about to have a dinner with her ex husband, and they talked, they were just friends and what not. I already had the title in my mind but I couldn't say or figure and construct it out. Thanks.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Well since we overcame something with as many objectionable stuff as Kanojo (Ride or Die), I think this one I'm going to mention is going to be a blast.
Not because it's a happy, fluffy, story, just because it's a Japanese lesbian movie not as terrible (content wise) as Ride or Die.
I've watched it a while ago but anyway the main character is a lesbian (a self-hating one*) which doesn't believe in her bisexual girlfriend because she has this radicated conviction that she will eventually leave her for a man. (Sounds like 80% of lesbians on the l chat :lol: )
The focus of the story is the relationship this girl develops with another woman, a foreign one she gets to know.
You most likely will end up shipping them, instead of the current couple, because of reasons.
Anyway, content wise the movie isn't remotely as bad as Ride or Die, at all, but it is not happy.
Also, the pace is VERY slow. Someone used to Japanese movies won't mind much maybe but it can be a deal breaker for some, I know.

Anyway, the movie is called Seihokusei (West North West).
You can find it...around.

SUPER SPOILER

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 12:54
Well since we overcame something with as many objectionable stuff as Kanojo (Ride or Die), I think this one I'm going to mention is going to be a blast.
Not because it's a happy, fluffy, story, just because it's a Japanese lesbian movie not as terrible (content wise) as Ride or Die.
I've watched it a while ago but anyway the main character is a lesbian (a self-hating one*) which doesn't believe in her bisexual girlfriend because she has this radicated conviction that she will eventually leave her for a man. (Sounds like 80% of lesbians on the l chat :lol: )
The focus of the story is the relationship this girl develops with another woman, a foreign one she gets to know.
You most likely will end up shipping them, instead of the current couple, because of reasons.
Anyway, content wise the movie isn't remotely as bad as Ride or Die, at all, but it is not happy.
Also, the pace is VERY slow. Someone used to Japanese movies won't mind much maybe but it can be a deal breaker for some, I know.

SUPER SPOILER
can you add another hint?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

SUPER SPOILER
Lol, but at least this one she doesn’t sleep with any guys. It’s the self denial is the issue and the gf who doesn’t want to come out publicly is also the issue, then the foreign student. But other than that I didn’t have to puke every 10 minutes unlike ride or die.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 15:01
Guest wrote:

SUPER SPOILER
look up the english title on rlsbb(dot)ru

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 23:00
Hi guys can someone help me find this french lesbian movie(I think it's not all about lesbianism but the main character has lesbian scenes in it) that I watched years ago, I download it to my phone before but I don't have it now and I forgot the movie title. I think it was around 2016/17/18 movie not really sure but somewhere around that 16-2017-2018 or I don't know I suck at estimating. Its about a woman(the main character) who's in her 30's or 40's just got divorced from her husband and she had a brief affair with her I think student or a student, whos much younger than her. The other girl is like a teen/or in her early 20's, and they sometimes hook up. They had scenes in the main characters' car and house. But it's not really all about a lesbian movie but it just has a lesbian scenes in it, which I find the scenes really sexy. I remembered the ending of the movie was the main character is about to have a dinner with her ex husband, and they talked, they were just friends and what not. I already had the title in my mind but I couldn't say or figure and construct it out. Thanks.
I have no idea. Do you remember anything about the actresses?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I have no idea but maybe you will find it in this list

https://letterboxd.com/freeadora/list/f ... t-sapphic/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 15:10
Guest wrote:

SUPER SPOILER
Lol, but at least this one she doesn’t sleep with any guys. It’s the self denial is the issue and the gf who doesn’t want to come out publicly is also the issue, then the foreign student. But other than that I didn’t have to puke every 10 minutes unlike ride or die.
True but at least they're issues that still make sense and are relatable to many in this day and age and are not outright offensive and phobic.
And yes goddamit. Nobody dies and no lesbian sleeps with men!!!!!!!
Zero puke inducing scenes or dialogues.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
the movie was made in 2016-2018? cause there was a movie made in the 90's with Catherine Deneuve where she is a professor who has an affair with a college age girl,though that is not the main focus of the film. that one is called Thieves or Les Voleurs.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is a new one coming out.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 15:25
Guest wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 15:01
Guest wrote:

SUPER SPOILER
look up the english title on rlsbb(dot)ru
thank you

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 10:15
So, i just watched dating amber and my first summer and i have to say, i thought both were good. which is very rare for gay films imo.

I especially loved my first summer. As I really liked how they made the girls connect, with actual endearing dialogue and not just silly longing glances that are supposed to imply a deep connection is happening, like in a lot of lesbian films. I also loved how there is no side plot or parental drama to take the story away from the girls or distract from them. It is a film purely about them and their friendship/courtship and that is very refreshing to see as we usually only get side plots, crumbs and brief scenes in film and tv when it comes to lesbians.

I appreciated the fact that while it was a coming of age film, it wasn't a coming out story. As neither girl had any drama or issue with the fact she was having feelings for another girl. it was all just very natural. But my favorite part about this film has to be how the girls seem to have such genuine care, kindness, respect and tenderness for each other. Which is maybe the rarest thing of all to be shown on screen, as so many queer baiting films just repeat the villainess psycho bi girl toying with another girl trope on loop, that's just so utterly played out and lame.

And their love scene didn't play on explicit nudity or extreme over the top sexual shots. It focused on what it should have, which was intimacy. It was a beautiful scene where you can feel that they both felt so safe to explore and neither one felt any pressure by the other. It was just genuine desire, care and playfulness coming together. A really rare scene to witness in any film.

This film is 100% trope free as far as i can tell. which i'm not even sure ive ever seen before. I could also tell from the first shot that this had a female writer/director just by it's color scheme and vibe. which i really enjoyed too. Plus, i thought both actresses did a fine job as well. The brunette slightly resembles anna sophia robb from some angles and the blonde kinda looks like a young nicole kidman to me.
Sorry....i didn't mean to write such a long review. i just really liked the film and it's now going in my top five lesbian films list. But for the tldr crowd, Two thumbs up! Delightful!

P.S. it's up on youtube at the moment. just type in my first summer espanol completa.

As for dating amber, it's charming. It's a lavender bearding buddy film with some funny moment's and a nice little lesbian romance side plot and a happy ending. I recommend it.
I enjoyed this review and really agree with you :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 18:22
Guest wrote:
the movie was made in 2016-2018? cause there was a movie made in the 90's with Catherine Deneuve where she is a professor who has an affair with a college age girl,though that is not the main focus of the film. that one is called Thieves or Les Voleurs.
No, it's a quite new movie, I think around 2017-2018. I forgot the title but it was a french comedy/romance.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 01:33
Look interesting but pls don’t tell me she’s going to kill her gf.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by guest »

so still nothing on my fiona?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 18:06
Nice ! And Abbi Jacobson is voicing her !

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

For those that watched Dating Amber, Lola Petticrew is also in a lesbian music video if anyone is into her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 18:19
Oh I watched it. I used a vpn for some Australian film fest. I haven't seen it online at any US film fests yet, assuming that's where you are.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 01:33
Vamp man in the middle of two woman rls hard pass

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 20:03
guest wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 18:19
Oh I watched it. I used a vpn for some Australian film fest. I haven't seen it online at any US film fests yet, assuming that's where you are.
yeah. is it good?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Any lesbian movie that deals with amnesia?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

SUPER SPOILER
Thanks for recommending "West North West", it was an alright movie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Has anyone seen "Nude Area" by Imaan Hammam? I don't want to waste my time downloading it and watching it if it isn't good.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
21 Apr 2021, 22:36
Has anyone seen "Nude Area" by Imaan Hammam? I don't want to waste my time downloading it and watching it if it isn't good.

There's a couple of scenes from this movie in this playlist and it looks weird as hell. The movie has no dialogue and these women (who are supposed to be 15? LOL) just keep staring at each other in artistic scenes. But I don't think they do anything other than staring and touching a little.