Reactions:

Erana James

Post by Guest »

Plays Toni on The Wilds.

Stay on topic

Reactions:

Re: Erana James

Post by Guest »

If she has a boyfriend, good for her. She’s a new actress and is seems to really be enjoying life and living in the moment.

She is a wonderful actress and did a great job playing Toni and portraying a lesbian character. I think it’s a testament to her acting that everyone assumed she was gay herself by playing a gay character.

Let’s keep in mind how young she is. She finished high school a couple of years ago, is still in uni studying sociology (she might’ve dropped out for acting tho), and is only 21! She was 19 when they started The Wilds, that’s crazy.

She is so young & has so much time to figure herself out. I get the whole “is she gay, is she not?” discussion, but a few weeks ago, nobody knew her name & now she has nearly 80k followers on insta watching her every post, like, and comment; as well as a bunch of people tweeting her and mentioning her every day on Twitter. That must be overwhelming. Add on all the tweets, comments, and questions on the lives asking if she’s gay; which makes it even more overwhelming.

If she is gay/queer (I think she’s def queer in some capacity), then she’s probably just starting to be comfortable with it and experience it and so on. So the constant questions probably scare her or make her uncomfortable. No matter what her sexuality is, those questions are still uncalled for and are too personal.

If she wants to come out publicly she will. But I don’t think she ever really will, unless she alludes to it in an interview or something. Otherwise, I think she’s gonna keep her personal life super lowkey. Especially when the Wilds is done.

Can’t wait to see season 2 and her future projects! Toni is one of my favorite characters and I watched the show for her! Erana is so talented, funny, and seems like a genuine person.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The only thing I think is weird is that people thought she was for sure gay, but then once they found out that she might have a bf a bunch of people just started calling her straight. Like, I saw a bunch of tweets saying “who knew that the straight looking one (Mia) would be the bi/open about being gay one, but the super gay looking one (Erana) would be the straight one”

Like why does having a potential boyfriend make her straight? Since she’s in her early 20’s, she’s experiencing different flings and relationships. This generation is so open to different stuff, why do we always just assume people’s sexualities so quickly?

I just don’t get it because if she does give off such a strong vibe, why are we saying she’s straight? Like what’s the evidence lmao.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 18:06
The only thing I think is weird is that people thought she was for sure gay, but then once they found out that she might have a bf a bunch of people just started calling her straight. Like, I saw a bunch of tweets saying “who knew that the straight looking one (Mia) would be the bi/open about being gay one, but the super gay looking one (Erana) would be the straight one”

Like why does having a potential boyfriend make her straight? Since she’s in her early 20’s, she’s experiencing different flings and relationships. This generation is so open to different stuff, why do we always just assume people’s sexualities so quickly?

I just don’t get it because if she does give off such a strong vibe, why are we saying she’s straight? Like what’s the evidence lmao.
Honestly she gives me both gay and straight vibes lol. Like sometimes I think she’s fruity, but then sometimes I think she’s straight. Idk what she is tho

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think people confuse the whole chill vibe with lesbians, oddly enough.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 18:14
I think this is sadly the case. Her vibes, deep voice, and how she dresses are unrelated to her sexual orientation I think. Damn, we lost a catch :(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Don't know who she is, but definitely pings. There, my 5 cent contribution to this thread.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She does ping, but unless she comes out as a lesbian or has a serious relationship with another woman ala Chloe, Kristen, or Cara I can’t be bothered to invest or care too much. Everyone under 30 is allegedly queer these days. Doesn’t really mean anything anymore.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 18:16
Guest wrote:
I think this is sadly the case. Her vibes, deep voice, and how she dresses are unrelated to her sexual orientation I think. Damn, we lost a catch :(
Do you realize how pathetic you sound? You don't even know what her sexuality is because she's never said.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Please, let’s try to be respectful of the fact she’s young and new to the spotlight; let’s try to keep the OTT, judgement and invasiveness to a minimum.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 18:57
Please, let’s try to be respectful of the fact she’s young and new to the spotlight; let’s try to keep the OTT, judgement and invasiveness to a minimum.
Then she chose the wrong profession.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 18:34
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Do you realize how pathetic you sound? You don't even know what her sexuality is because she's never said.
Damn 😂 all I was saying is that right now, she seems straight & the things/indicators people are saying make them think she’s gay are just unrelated. You can be straight & have a deep voice/dress how she dresses. It’s actually pretty common to dress like that as a straight girl now.

I’d love for her to not be straight, I’m just stating my observations. She hasn’t said she’s straight & she hasn’t said she’s not. She doesn’t answer those questions, so for now it’s all just speculation both ways.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 19:16
Guest wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 18:34
Guest wrote:

Damn 😂 all I was saying is that right now, she seems straight & the things/indicators people are saying make them think she’s gay are just unrelated. You can be straight & have a deep voice/dress how she dresses. It’s actually pretty common to dress like that as a straight girl now.

I’d love for her to not be straight, I’m just stating my observations. She hasn’t said she’s straight & she hasn’t said she’s not. She doesn’t answer those questions, so for now it’s all just speculation both ways.
OP. I agree.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 19:15
Guest wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 18:57
Then she chose the wrong profession.
we all need to careful about giving ourselves license to be OTT, invasive and judgmental. Suggesting she’s asked for it is just wrong.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 17:57
She is so young & has so much time to figure herself out. I get the whole “is she gay, is she not?” discussion, but a few weeks ago, nobody knew her name & now she has nearly 80k followers on insta watching her every post, like, and comment; as well as a bunch of people tweeting her and mentioning her every day on Twitter. That must be overwhelming. Add on all the tweets, comments, and questions on the lives asking if she’s gay; which makes it even more overwhelming.

If she is gay/queer (I think she’s def queer in some capacity), then she’s probably just starting to be comfortable with it and experience it and so on. So the constant questions probably scare her or make her uncomfortable. No matter what her sexuality is, those questions are still uncalled for and are too personal.
Ugh I am so sick of this argument. Her character Toni is only 16 and not ashamed or embarrassed to love women. But this poor women at 21 can't be expected to tolerate all the dirty lesbian gossip about her? The same women that has She/Her on her bio. So I guess gender identity is deemed an appropriate queer identity to discuss openly but lesbianism is just too personal and uncalled for and lesbians are making her uncomfortable by even daring to question her sexuality. :mask:

This line of thinking is homophobic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Dec 2020, 07:36
Guest wrote:

Ugh I am so sick of this argument. Her character Toni is only 16 and not ashamed or embarrassed to love women. But this poor women at 21 can't be expected to tolerate all the dirty lesbian gossip about her? The same women that has She/Her on her bio. So I guess gender identity is deemed an appropriate queer identity to discuss openly but lesbianism is just too personal and uncalled for and lesbians are making her uncomfortable by even daring to question her sexuality. :mask:

Yep, reeks of internalized homophobia. At 21 I knew very well who I was and what I liked and didn't like. I remember even some lesbians being surprised that I "already" knew. No one says this shit to heterosexuals.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Dec 2020, 08:24
Guest wrote:
29 Dec 2020, 07:36
Guest wrote:

Yep, reeks of internalized homophobia. At 21 I knew very well who I was and what I liked and didn't like. I remember even some lesbians being surprised that I "already" knew. No one says this shit to heterosexuals.
Gross. You are your own worst enemy. You have some issues you need to work out for yourself.

Also, you seriously need to learn to separate the actress from the role and someone's opinion/view of someone vs said person's actuality.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not sure of her status and I've just seen her in a few interviews and some social media posts but this girl pings like hell.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That voice, hot damn. She seems really laid back too like she'd be really easy to get along with.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She's pretty! :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

In case anyone was curious to see Erana in a different role.
Her major lead role was the movie- The Changeover.

Here, she plays some goth teen in these webisodes. :lol:
https://www.nzonscreen.com/title/lucy-l ... 17/credits

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is Mackenzie Davis level projection again. Actress aren't required to announce their sexuality to fans. I personally prefer people being private or honest but straight rather than all the ones saying they are "queer"....for attention.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Dec 2020, 07:31
This is Mackenzie Davis level projection again. Actress aren't required to announce their sexuality to fans. I personally prefer people being private or honest but straight rather than all the ones saying they are "queer"....for attention.
x2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
You're entitled to your opinion of course but it seems that your gaydar is broken. Erana pings like crazy and Mackenzie not so much. Also one is like a baby (20 years old?) and the other is a formed grown ass woman. Not sure why you're even comparing these two tbh.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Dec 2020, 08:06
Guest wrote:
You're entitled to your opinion of course but it seems that your gaydar is broken. Erana pings like crazy and Mackenzie not so much. Also one is like a baby (20 years old?) and the other is a formed grown ass woman. Not sure why you're even comparing these two tbh.
QMTA Just to clarify I do agree with your sentiment on the honesty. "queer" for attention is the cringiest thing ever but I think that Erana's pinging is nothing like the projections on the Davis.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Don't mind me. I'm admiring her arm. :$ Image
https://64.media.tumblr.com/3d30f01be61 ... b07e9.gifv

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Just to clarify for deletion happy moderators who cant read I reason I mentioned MD was because for few years many people claimed she was so gay there was no way she could be straight. Similar thing here. I mean MD was younger when people were talking about her being so gay back in the Halt and Catch Fire days.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Dec 2020, 13:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Just to clarify for deletion happy moderators who cant read I reason I mentioned MD was because for few years many people claimed she was so gay there was no way she could be straight. Similar thing here. I mean MD was younger when people were talking about her being so gay back in the Halt and Catch Fire days.
Most people who like the wilds don’t give a damn about Mackenzie Davis lmao, and we’re probably not around when she was the topic of discussion. Most are teens or in their early 20’s, so the argument is really valid. Plus, anyone can tell MD is straight and just a little quirky.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 Dec 2020, 23:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Most people who like the wilds don’t give a damn about Mackenzie Davis lmao, and we’re probably not around when she was the topic of discussion. Most are teens or in their early 20’s, so the argument is really valid. Plus, anyone can tell MD is straight and just a little quirky.
lol you make it sound like md is in her 60s, San junipero was 4 years ago

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 00:22
Guest wrote:
31 Dec 2020, 23:23
Guest wrote:

lol you make it sound like md is in her 60s, San junipero was 4 years ago
Please, stay on topic. MD is really not relevant here at all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/Erana

'Maori - Erana; A female given name, equivalent to English Ellen.'

And there we have it folks, she was christened a lesbian at birth.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I saw the Changeover,it was really bad.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Erana as Toni:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 02:28
Erana as Toni:
I can't say that she's pretty pretty but she has this natural raw beauty that is so freaking attractive.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 03:55
Guest wrote:
Erana as Toni:
I can't say that she's pretty pretty but she has this natural raw beauty that is so freaking attractive.
I agree. Keep in mind she had a lot of makeup to make her look sunburnt & dirty on the show, and her character is the least dolled up in terms of makeup and outfits.
She is very attractive tho :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 02:09
I saw the Changeover,it was really bad.
The storyline was a weak. She was good in it though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hhhmm, it seems to me that she knows exactly what she's doing with her tongue here...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 04:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Erana as Toni:
I agree. Keep in mind she had a lot of makeup to make her look sunburnt & dirty on the show, and her character is the least dolled up in terms of makeup and outfits.
Imo she can get away with being the minimalist because she is very pretty.

The gif on the first page...that is just beautiful.

Guest.
Reactions:

Post by Guest. »

I can honestly watch her interviews all day, there’s something so endearing and charming about her and that’s not even mentioning her sexy voice lol; it’s not even a strictly ‘I like her cause she played a gay character’ situation either, I just really really like her overall.

Also like others mentioned, her laid back vibe is so nice. I’d love to hang out with her. :lol:

RE: her sexuality, it’s an enigma and it’ll probably remain that way because she seems pretty private but I will say, she doesn’t seem to mind any gay comments. Like she never seems weirded out by them or anything which is nice. During her and Mia’s IG live and the whole Girl in Red discussion when her and Mia found out that asking if they listened to her meant were they gay, she just laughed and was like ‘oh!’ her and Mia handled that whole thing very well tbh cause they could’ve been turned off by it all but they seemed amused (I hate stans asking celebs that question btw <_< ). And also when they did the whole fuck, marry, kill thing and she said she’d for sure fuck Fatin — that was hilarious. There was absolutely no hesitation from her part. :lol: she even very much agreed with Mia when she said that she’d marry Fatin also so she could have sex with her all the time lmfao. Not to mention how clearly close her and Mia are..... they both make me think that some strong crushing might be going on or something. Idk.

Anyways, those were just some instances I noticed. In general, she just seems really chill about everything and I love that and her and she just has a really good vibe about her imo. Besides the fact that she obviously pings.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest. wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 04:49
I can honestly watch her interviews all day, there’s something so endearing and charming about her and that’s not even mentioning her sexy voice lol; it’s not even a strictly ‘I like her cause she played a gay character’ situation either, I just really really like her overall.

Also like others mentioned, her laid back vibe is so nice. I’d love to hang out with her. :lol:

RE: her sexuality, it’s an enigma and it’ll probably remain that way because she seems pretty private but I will say, she doesn’t seem to mind any gay comments. Like she never seems weirded out by them or anything which is nice. During her and Mia’s IG live and the whole Girl in Red discussion when her and Mia found out that asking if they listened to her meant were they gay, she just laughed and was like ‘oh!’ her and Mia handled that whole thing very well tbh cause they could’ve been turned off by it all but they seemed amused (I hate stans asking celebs that question btw <_< ). And also when they did the whole fuck, marry, kill thing and she said she’d for sure fuck Fatin — that was hilarious. There was absolutely no hesitation from her part. :lol: she even very much agreed with Mia when she said that she’d marry Fatin also so she could have sex with her all the time lmfao. Not to mention how clearly close her and Mia are..... they both make me think that some strong crushing might be going on or something. Idk.

Anyways, those were just some instances I noticed. In general, she just seems really chill about everything and I love that and her and she just has a really good vibe about her imo. Besides the fact that she obviously pings.
All good points and so true. I couldn't have said it better! Thank you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I like this post and Mia's reply... but then she tags some dude. :hmmm: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBmaKSjpETO/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 06:17
I like this post and Mia's reply... but then she tags some dude. :hmmm: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBmaKSjpETO/
Yeah that’s the 1 and only piece of “evidence” or I guess clue that Erana may have a boyfriend. Could be true, and if it is, it doesn’t mean she’s straight.

Erana seems like a really genuine, cool person and I’m looking forward to seeing her in season 2 and future projects

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 04:46
Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 04:08
Guest wrote:

Imo she can get away with being the minimalist because she is very pretty.

The gif on the first page...that is just beautiful.
She’s so cute 🥺

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 06:24
Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 06:17
Yeah that’s the 1 and only piece of “evidence” or I guess clue that Erana may have a boyfriend. Could be true, and if it is, it doesn’t mean she’s straight.

Erana seems like a really genuine, cool person and I’m looking forward to seeing her in season 2 and future projects
Da
Same guy who was commenting during their instalive - 1)at the start Mia read's off his comment and then 2) later whose question Erana reads out about whether they were in love irl.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest. wrote:

They were amused but also didn't seem to care about it when they realized they misunderstood it. Mia went right back to her conversation about ASMR. Even funnier was Erana reading the comments that they were so lost and said 'Why are we lost? She thought the insta was going well'...like not even registering that those lost comments were still about the girl in red shit. Lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 07:21
Guest. wrote:

They were amused but also didn't seem to care about it when they realized they misunderstood it. Mia went right back to her conversation about ASMR. Even funnier was Erana reading the comments that they were so lost and said 'Why are we lost? She thought the insta was going well'...like not even registering that those lost comments were still about the girl in red shit. Lmao
Hahaha that was so cute. I loved how they didn’t seem fazed by people asking if they were gay, they just moved on from the question smoothly like nothing was wrong, because nothing was wrong.
And that moment when she asked why they were lost was so cute :lol: they really were lost tho lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yes I notice Erana kept getting embarrassed when that Glen guy would comment he said something like “Erana you would look amazing bald” and then asked if they were in love in real life to which Erana said “Glen fuck off” after reading it lol. Elijah (Mia’s supposed bf) also was leaving comments like “What was it like developing the chemistry between you two ;)

seems like both boys are in on whatever Mia and Erana have got going on and are comfy joking about it lol.