Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 00:07
Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 00:03
Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 00:01
Guest wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 23:19
anyone else notice how attached at the hip erana and thomasin mckenzie use to be when it came to acting? they just followed each other from project to project lol
i wonder if they still keep in touch cause i’d honestly loooove thomasin to introduce erana to taika watiti one day. someone on twitter mentioned wanting to see them play father and daughter in something and i haven’t stopped thinking about that since and now i also want it. thomasin is literally the best link between them both. kiwi power! :queen:
Erana was in so many projects together with Thomasin simply because Erana's mom used to and still is working for the Art School that Thomasin's mom is involved with (and Thomasin's dad is a producer and a director; "The Changeover" is the movie they made), so they were adding both Erana and Thomasin to most of their projects. They obviously recognized Erana's talent from the early age and liked her.
So really it's all about those connections
It's a show biz - it's always about the connections!

I bet that if Erana's mom wasn't working in the art school, Erana would probably never go into acting. Which would be such a shame but it happens more often than not and there are many Meryl Streeps in this world that simply never got into it and went to do something else in life.
So when we're talking about which wilds girl is gonna make it the farthest, really, it's about who's gonna be the best at the social game
Hands down, without a doubt. Social media and social presence, in general. Also, how close and available you are to the casting 'lords'. That's why Mia plans on moving to LA and that's why Sophia and Reign live there. It's who you know and how seen you are.

I know there will be some naysayers here about this subject but deep down even they know that unfortunately that's how it works.

Reactions:

Re: Erana James

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 00:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
17 Apr 2021, 23:19
anyone else notice how attached at the hip erana and thomasin mckenzie use to be when it came to acting? they just followed each other from project to project lol
i wonder if they still keep in touch cause i’d honestly loooove thomasin to introduce erana to taika watiti one day. someone on twitter mentioned wanting to see them play father and daughter in something and i haven’t stopped thinking about that since and now i also want it. thomasin is literally the best link between them both. kiwi power! :queen:
Erana was in so many projects together with Thomasin simply because Erana's mom used to and still is working for the Art School that Thomasin's mom is involved with (and Thomasin's dad is a producer and a director; "The Changeover" is the movie they made), so they were adding both Erana and Thomasin to most of their projects. They obviously recognized Erana's talent from the early age and liked her.

I bet that if Erana's mom wasn't working in the art school, Erana would probably never go into acting. Which would be such a shame but it happens more often than not and there are many Meryl Streeps in this world that simply never got into it and went to do something else in life.
So when we're talking about which wilds girl is gonna make it the farthest, really, it's about who's gonna be the best at the social game
No. :fool: Maybe you haven't noticed but social media stars aren't the ones having the most success in movies and tvs.

But sure if you wanna go that ridiculous line of thinking, Erana will make it the furthest given how much interaction she garners with her posts and tweets. :eyeroll: :fool:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 00:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

No. :fool: Maybe you haven't noticed but social media stars aren't the ones having the most success in movies and tvs.

But sure if you wanna go that ridiculous line of thinking, Erana will make it the furthest given how much interaction she garners with her posts and tweets. :eyeroll: :fool:
The social game of the industry

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 00:20
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Hands down, without a doubt. Social media and social presence, in general. Also, how close and available you are to the casting 'lords'. That's why Mia plans on moving to LA and that's why Sophia and Reign live there. It's who you know and how seen you are.

I know there will be some naysayers here about this subject but deep down even they know that unfortunately that's how it works.
You might want to inform the casting agents since that isn't what they're doing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 00:24
Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 00:22
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The social game of the industry
for those who have no body of work

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

And here are them naysayers. :lol:

That's ok guys, the future will tell. Just sit tight and enjoy your life in the meantime, as chill and relaxed as possible. Don't stress too much, especially about the stuff that doesn't affect you at all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 00:31

That's ok guys, the future will tell. Just sit tight and enjoy your life in the meantime, as chill and relaxed as possible. Don't stress too much, especially about the stuff that doesn't affect you at all.
I'd hope that after Weinstein it's less about sleeping with old men and more about talent. And also in the current climate about having a winning complexion, and Erana can fit diversity quotas, that's gonna be a boost

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

You seem quite desperate with the constantly pushing the idea of Mia is going to be a big star. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 00:36
Guest wrote:

I'd hope that after Weinstein it's less about sleeping with old men and more about talent. And also in the current climate about having a winning complexion, and Erana can fit diversity quotas, that's gonna be a boost
This is bad news for Mia though. But if she can really push that lgbtq+, it would fulfill one of those diversity quota and goes a long way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 00:46
Guest wrote:

You seem quite desperate with the constantly pushing the idea of Mia is going to be a big star. :rofl:
I hope they both will and will become a power couple

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da. Why you doing this is in Erana's thread?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

this convo went so left?? lmfaooooooooo jeez :lol:

also, her face here. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

i haven't seen this picture!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

effortlessly beautiful

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

she's one of the people that will just continue becoming even more beautiful as she gets older.

:giveup:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 00:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I hope they both will and will become a power couple
DA Hear hear! I'll drink to that! :drunk: :dance:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love how Erana's name is in all caps. ^_^

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 01:29
she's one of the people that will just continue becoming even more beautiful as she gets older.

i fully believe this! every time i remember she’s just 22, i’m like wow..... she has so much further to go in life. i hope she continues staying in the public eye and auditioning for roles even after the wilds finishes because i’d love to keep following her and i think she has a lot of potential but i also think it’s gonna be tricky in her case because while she does love acting, she’s also okay with doing another career long term so you just never know when she’ll decide to switch paths. it scares me lol but i do admire the fact that she has thought about her life in the long run and knows what she wants. i did NOT have my life this together at 22. :lol:

(i know you were talking about her looks and i just went way off the rails so i’m sorry for that lol)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 13:02
Guest wrote:

i fully believe this! every time i remember she’s just 22, i’m like wow..... she has so much further to go in life. i hope she continues staying in the public eye and auditioning for roles even after the wilds finishes because i’d love to keep following her and i think she has a lot of potential but i also think it’s gonna be tricky in her case because while she does love acting, she’s also okay with doing another career long term so you just never know when she’ll decide to switch paths. it scares me lol but i do admire the fact that she has thought about her life in the long run and knows what she wants. i did NOT have my life this together at 22. :lol:

(i know you were talking about her looks and i just went way off the rails so i’m sorry for that lol)
well, she said she'll stop when it's not fun anymore. otherwise, i think she has every intention to continue acting. that's good news for us fans!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why was the yt video montage clips of Erana in The Changeover removed?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 13:55
Copyright claim probably. It definitely isn’t fair use to just upload most of a film.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 14:23
Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 13:55
Copyright claim probably. It definitely isn’t fair use to just upload most of a film.
true.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 13:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

well, she said she'll stop when it's not fun anymore. otherwise, i think she has every intention to continue acting. that's good news for us fans!
true, true. i think we’re good in the meantime thankfully. i do wonder if she’ll change her mind and decide to branch out of just australia and new zealand in the future though, i think she should cause she’ll have more opportunities but i also get her not wanting to cause hollywood is brutal and unforgiving.

i wouldn’t be opposed to her being an indie darling or something, i can very much see this career route for her actually. doing small projects that mean a lot to her and stuff. i remember someone else mentioning this too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 17:11
Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 13:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

true, true. i think we’re good in the meantime thankfully. i do wonder if she’ll change her mind and decide to branch out of just australia and new zealand in the future though, i think she should cause she’ll have more opportunities but i also get her not wanting to cause hollywood is brutal and unforgiving.

i wouldn’t be opposed to her being an indie darling or something, i can very much see this career route for her actually. doing small projects that mean a lot to her and stuff. i remember someone else mentioning this too.
the wilds is an american show

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 17:52
where is the mask one from?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 17:54
Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 17:52
where is the mask one from?
da
probably someone's story, maybe her brother's?
but it's old.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 20:00
no heterosexual explanation for erana making kahu so gay

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 20:12
Guest wrote:
LOL

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

can mia or anyone else drop some erana content so we have something to focus on for once?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 20:46
can mia or anyone else drop some erana content so we have something to focus on for once?
or maybe you can just go touch some grass.
damn.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
x100 nope! and i'd argue that Kahu was even gayer than Toni.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 23:17
never seen this one! anyone know where it comes from?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 22:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da, was thinking about this the other day and might have to agree.

obviously they’re both gay af but something about kahu was so effortlessly natural and she didn’t even have a gf or get intimate with a girl yet i was still very much convinced that she was a lesbian; that’s some strong energy.... i think erana played both toni and kahu differently even though they’re kinda similar at some points as well.

both icons though, obviously. :goldstar:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yeah Erana mentioned in that podcast interview something about how Kahu is like an annoying rude little sister, and being one in real life kinda drew from that experience for Kahu.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 00:55
Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 22:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
da, was thinking about this the other day and might have to agree.

obviously they’re both gay af but something about kahu was so effortlessly natural and she didn’t even have a gf or get intimate with a girl yet i was still very much convinced that she was a lesbian; that’s some strong energy.... i think erana played both toni and kahu differently even though they’re kinda similar at some points as well.

both icons though, obviously. :goldstar:
DA Fixed your links so we can see the gifs. There's never ever enough gifs of gay Erana. ^_^

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

kahu is like a brat. toni isn't like that at all.
the only similarity imo is that they are both assured.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 01:15
qmta. i think that's the running theme in the characters she's played (except for Playing for Keeps) -they are all rather stong, confident, determined girls.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kahu = annoying little sister vibes
Toni = cool older sister vibes

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Yeah, Kahu is a brat but I imagine if Toni grew up in a stable household, she would totally be Kahu. Toni's main issue aside from the anger is really self worth. Kahu certainly doesn't have this problem.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
DA And obviously gay af. :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 01:26
Guest wrote:
Yeah, Kahu is a brat but I imagine if Toni grew up in a stable household, she would totally be Kahu. Toni's main issue aside from the anger is really self worth. Kahu certainly doesn't have this problem.
DA Totally! Kahu was da boss! :gaypimp:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
uh, no? part of Toni's anger comes from believing in her self-worth. she's not going to take shit from people.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 01:35
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
uh, no? part of Toni's anger comes from believing in her self-worth. she's not going to take shit from people.
No. Toni doesn't have self-worth. That's not where her anger comes from. Her anger comes from feeling like the world has wronged her (dad is mia, mom in rehab, foster families, etc.). She has no self-worth, as shown in the scene where she is mad Shelby gave her the medicine instead of Martha - "her I don't matter" ring a bell?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Toni stands up for people, protects them and why she gets angry.
I can't believe some still don't understand Toni.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 01:35
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
She doesn't value her life nor is it worth saving especially in comparison to a person (Martha) who had a more fulfilling home life. I would say that a lack of self-worth, especially when she was crying over Martha's collapsed body suffering from food poisoning and angry at Shelby for saving her life over Martha.