Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 05:45
Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 05:25
Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 05:19
Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 05:03

Jahaerys called a council before he died because he saw the discord having Rhaenys being heir would cause. The council chose Viserys. Viserys is a shit king and the one thing he’s decided is that Rhaenyra is heir so he won’t be calling a council before he dies. The lords don’t get to choose. It’s not a democracy.
You're literally proving my point here. Jahaerys called a council because he knew a war/rebellion could break if a woman were to inherit the throne. The same will happen now. Viserys is a shit king for thinking his decision will be respected after he dies.
The point is that Alicent is making it worse and at this point looks like the one trying to start a war. If her goal is to protect her children then war is not it. If her goal was to get a child on the throne no matter the cost, then she’s going in the right direction..
We're going in circles here because I already explained how nothing protects her children. As Otto said, she can either wait and beg for Rhaenyra's mercy or she can do something about it before Viserys dies. Her goal is making Viserys name Aegon his heir but how else is she supposed to do that if exposing Rhaenyra's lies is the only option?
Exposing Rhaenyr’s lies isn’t doing anything! It’s Accepting her marriage proposal might have. Yes we’re talking in circles.
Exposing Rhaenyra's lies might force Viserys to give up and change his heir. Accepting the marriage proposal wouldn't protect Aegon and Aemond. Especially when Haelena would be marrying a bastard. No one would take it seriously.

Duckie v2
Reactions: 28

Re: House of the Dragon (HBO Max)

Post by Duckie v2 »

I really enjoyed this episode. I loved Alicent and I think Olivia and Emma have the best chemistry. I actually like all the children. Aemond riding Vhagar was cool, Aegon is funny and I liked that he took the fault for his mother even though that destroyed his own relationship with Jace and Luke and Haleana is very intriguing.

I don't blame anybody for the fight. Rheana and Baela must have felt so bad seeing someone else riding their mother's dragon and Jace and Luke were just trying to defend them and later themselves but Daemon did get ambushed by the four of them so his instincts were to demean them and they escalated that to violence and he escalated that to violence with weapons (the stone) and then he got his eye cut out. Being a child in Westeros is dangerous.

It seems Aemond is Alicent's favorite and she goes nuts. My mother would as well so I won't begrudge her that and that leads to the best scene in this show between Alicent and Rhaenyra which leads Rhaenyra to believe Alicent is capable of murder and she ends up allying herself with Daemon by pretending to kill Laenor (poor Rhaenys) so she can marry Daemon. This will surely just put Otto and Alicent on alert but we won't see it because we'll jump a few years ahead in the next episode.

This is the one show that may have benefited from a 22 episode season because the time jumps really take away from the build up but other than the scenes being too dark, I really loved this episode.
Last edited by Duckie v2 on 03 Oct 2022, 06:30, edited 1 time in total.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does anyone have a rec of a fic where Alicent actually defends Rhaenyra? Like from her father or you know is nice at the council meetings. I can’t stand her being awful about the lactating thing

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

All true but I don't think Rhaenyra cares at this moment

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 06:17
Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 06:00
Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 05:45
Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 05:25
Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 05:19

You're literally proving my point here. Jahaerys called a council because he knew a war/rebellion could break if a woman were to inherit the throne. The same will happen now. Viserys is a shit king for thinking his decision will be respected after he dies.
The point is that Alicent is making it worse and at this point looks like the one trying to start a war. If her goal is to protect her children then war is not it. If her goal was to get a child on the throne no matter the cost, then she’s going in the right direction..
We're going in circles here because I already explained how nothing protects her children. As Otto said, she can either wait and beg for Rhaenyra's mercy or she can do something about it before Viserys dies. Her goal is making Viserys name Aegon his heir but how else is she supposed to do that if exposing Rhaenyra's lies is the only option?
Exposing Rhaenyr’s lies isn’t doing anything! It’s Accepting her marriage proposal might have. Yes we’re talking in circles.
Exposing Rhaenyra's lies might force Viserys to give up and change his heir. Accepting the marriage proposal wouldn't protect Aegon and Aemond. Especially when Haelena would be marrying a bastard. No one would take it seriously.
DA Funny thing is that in world of House of Dragon, bastards of ruling king and queen are legitimate heirs but only after legitimate children in ruling family.

So Alicient in her quest to expose Rhaenyra's kids as bastard is actually promoting her kids as legitimate heirs of throne after Rhaenyra, meaning that if something would happen to Rhaenyra then her oldest child would rule instead of Rhaenyra's oldest.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does the dialogue feel different than GOT to you all? Like a whole different style of speech? I want to say more like Shakespeare, but I’m not well-read enough to say. Different word order. Anyway, I like it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I really like reasonable people take about alicents

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 12:21
Lol that's not a reasonable person. No one in the fandom is reasonable, they all just put a bunch of words together to make their side look better.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Duckie v2 wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 01:47
The show needs a scene where we are shown the characters caring for the people wnd not just the crown. They missed the chance when Rhaenyra was visiting the town with Daemon. So far, it seems all they care about is power and glory for themselves. GOT at least had Dant freeing slaves and Margery going to the orphans, etc.
As a book reader I'm curious about this too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 13:48
Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 12:21
Lol that's not a reasonable person. No one in the fandom is reasonable, they all just put a bunch of words together to make their side look better.
It's easier to hate alicent as 99% the internet does. It took a lot to see it from alicent side.
I'm neutral cause both of them are victims. But you do you I guess.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

i just feel so bad for rhaenyra and alicent. neither of them really asked to be in their positions. alicent never wanted to marry viserys and rhaenyra never wanted to be named heir. now they're stuck in this game that their fathers have created.

for all the noise that daemyra fans make i didn't get a sense that rhaenyra actually loves him in a romantic sense. she needs him for what's to come.

also you can see in the scenes with otto and larys that alicent is kind of worried/sad about what may come. a part of her still doesn't want to hurt rhaenyra.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 03:40
Guest wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 15:32
i can’t blame alicent i’d be mad if i never got to hit this too
Alicent is lying to herself the only reason she was mad about the bastards was because Rhaenyra was fucking everyone but her. That’s gotta sting :rofl:. Everything would have been resolved if they would have had a quickie.
Exactly!!!

Notice how she managed to call Rhaenyra pretty while trying to stab her :nervous: We love a repressed unhinged lesbian.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 14:21
i just feel so bad for rhaenyra and alicent. neither of them really asked to be in their positions. alicent never wanted to marry viserys and rhaenyra never wanted to be named heir. now they're stuck in this game that their fathers have created.

for all the noise that daemyra fans make i didn't get a sense that rhaenyra actually loves him in a romantic sense. she needs him for what's to come.

also you can see in the scenes with otto and larys that alicent is kind of worried/sad about what may come. a part of her still doesn't want to hurt rhaenyra.
The should would be received backlash if they overly romanticized it too much. There is no way to hide the incest , grooming of it all. It's so gross I can't skip it fast enough.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Honestly I think Jaehaerys should have listened to his wife Alysanne and named Rhaenys as heir. Rhaenys is clearly wiser than Viserys and would have done a better job of it and I think the lords of Westeros would have abided by Jaehaerys' decision more than Viserys. Also Rhaenys understands that you have to play politics and flatter people "beneath" you in order for them to accept you as ruler. Something Rhaenyra doesn't seem capable of.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 14:48
Honestly I think Jaehaerys should have listened to his wife Alysanne and named Rhaenys as heir. Rhaenys is clearly wiser than Viserys and would have done a better job of it and I think the lords of Westeros would have abided by Jaehaerys' decision more than Viserys. Also Rhaenys understands that you have to play politics and flatter people "beneath" you in order for them to accept you as ruler. Something Rhaenyra doesn't seem capable of.
If Rhaenys was queen, we wouldn't have the dance of dragon aka the beginning of targaryen downfall and no GOT.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 14:31
Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 03:40
Guest wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 15:32
i can’t blame alicent i’d be mad if i never got to hit this too
Alicent is lying to herself the only reason she was mad about the bastards was because Rhaenyra was fucking everyone but her. That’s gotta sting :rofl:. Everything would have been resolved if they would have had a quickie.
Exactly!!!

Notice how she managed to call Rhaenyra pretty while trying to stab her :nervous: We love a repressed unhinged lesbian.
da. x2

Duckie v2

Post by Duckie v2 »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 14:46
Guest wrote:

The should would be received backlash if they overly romanticized it too much. There is no way to hide the incest , grooming of it all. It's so gross I can't skip it fast enough.
Fortunately my tv wouldn't show me a thing besides silohuettes lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Young alicent actually seemed pretty into Viserys. Like yeah she was encouraged by her father but she didn’t hesitate either.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It’s interesting how much of a piece of shit the show makes Daemon compared to the book. He is much more of a family man in the books and didn’t murder his wife either

Duckie v2

Post by Duckie v2 »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 16:40
Young alicent actually seemed pretty into Viserys. Like yeah she was encouraged by her father but she didn’t hesitate either.
She liked him as a person and respected him and his position but we saw her lose that respect when he fired her father even though he believed him about Rhaenyra (and she found out Rhaenyra did have sex with Ser Criston). Now she sees him as a pusillanimous figure that will not dare to punish her if she pushes more and more but won't give her or her children the respect she thinks they deserve over his eldest rule breaking child.

And she is right. Viserys got everyone in this mess by marrying her and continuously impregnating her. She was raped for years but no one calls it for what it was or even has any empathy for her, even modern audiences, because what she went through is believed to be expected duty for women. Yet she is hated for using her duty as a shield to push her own agenda, while they praise another woman for breaking the rules to continue hers. It all just makes her more bitter and she ends up more unhinged and hated.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Duckie v2 wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 17:06
Guest wrote:
She liked him as a person and respected him and his position but we saw her lose that respect when he fired her father even though he believed him about Rhaenyra (and she found out Rhaenyra did have sex with Ser Criston). Now she sees him as a pusillanimous figure that will not dare to punish her if she pushes more and more but won't give her or her children the respect she thinks they deserve over his eldest rule breaking child.

And she is right. Viserys got everyone in this mess by marrying her and continuously impregnating her. She was raped for years but no one calls it for what it was or even has any empathy for her, even modern audiences, because what she went through is believed to be expected duty for women. Yet she is hated for using her duty as a shield to push her own agenda, while they praise another woman for breaking the rules to continue hers. It all just makes her more bitter and she ends up more unhinged and hated.
It’s funny how the one man, Otto, who set all this in motion is not mentioned at all in this diatribe. But somehow Rhaenyra and Vicerys are to blame for all her troubles when all things considered they have been nothing but nice to Alicent.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
What are you talking about? Go rewatch 1x01, she is visibly shaken and uncomfortable at the very idea of visiting a grown man/King at night in his chambers.

“I wouldn’t know what to say”.

She eventually shows up with a book and tries to offer some sincere comfort to a grieving King, but she is clearly still trying to process what her father is asking of her in that moment.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They really only did it so Rhaenyra and Daemon look like good guys. But Laenor isn't the only character they planned to kill together so... wonder what the writers are gonna do about it in the future.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 14:46
Guest wrote:

DA Their shippers have been actually complaining that their sex scene wasn't sexy enough and they're mad that Rhaenyra didn't look horny in it. Fucking insane people.

I'm glad the writers are portraying the abuse as abuse and have been calling it what it is in interviews.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
The way some of you view these young women is so damn nasty.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 23:56
They really only did it so Rhaenyra and Daemon look like good guys. But Laenor isn't the only character they planned to kill together so... wonder what the writers are gonna do about it in the future.

They didn’t want to kill laenor, did you even watch the episode? They still killed some random to fake his death which is also horrible but Rhaenyra did care about laenor.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 14:48
She's the smartest person in this show. I was living when she was calling out Corlys bullshit about legacy when clearly all he cares about is power. I don't even think he's sincere when he keeps preaching that Rhaenys was the rightful heir. He probably wouldn't feel the same about another woman becoming queen, he just wanted to be married to the one who could.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 00:06
Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 23:56

They didn’t want to kill laenor, did you even watch the episode? They still killed some random to fake his death which is also horrible but Rhaenyra did care about laenor.
I know, this is about what they changed from the book. In the book, they do kill Laenor and it makes sense because eventually his dragon will be taken by someone else and that only happens when its owner dies. By making show!Rhaenyra a softer character who didn't want to kill him and instead gave him freedom, they ended up adding a lot of plot holes. That's what these tweets are about.

The truth is, Rhaenyra had the chance of keeping her marriage with Laenor as he had promised that things would be different from now on. But she'd have a lot more political advantage by marrying Daemon so that's why she chose him. However, it's a cold choice that would make her look bad so clearly the writers are choosing to take it easy with her. Not like she needs it, when 95% of viewers already hate Alicent anyways lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I was laughing when Alicent wouldn't take her eyes off Rhaenyra this whole scene

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 00:19
I don’t understand this sentiment. Firstly there have been no scenes where Vicerys have complained about Alicent being a problem. Secondly this makes it sound like Vicerys is oblivious to what Rhaenyra does. Literally every episode this man is lamenting what a problem Rhaenyra is for him.

Just because he doesn’t disinherit her (which she haven’t done anything that warrants it) doesn’t mean he’s pleased with her.

As we have clearly seen, Vicerys extends the same grace to Alicent as he does for Rhaenyra. But I suspect nothing short of him shooting Rhaenyra in the presence of Alicent and her children will please people.

Duckie v2

Post by Duckie v2 »

Guest wrote:
03 Oct 2022, 18:00
Duckie v2 wrote:
Guest wrote:

It’s funny how the one man, Otto, who set all this in motion is not mentioned at all in this diatribe. But somehow Rhaenyra and Vicerys are to blame for all her troubles when all things considered they have been nothing but nice to Alicent.
I was responding to Alicent's relationship and feelings regarding Viserys. I agree Otto is to blame for the most part while Rhaenyra is blameless for Alicent's ordeal (I was explaining Alicent's pov). But I do believe Viserys is to blame for alot, because Alicent was not some expert seductress, she was just a teenager who offered a listening ear and fixed his dragon figurine. The man was not a poor manipulated boy, he was a much older King.

I tend to headcanon that Viserys realized what he had done to Alicent when he became too old and weak for sex and the smoke screen of his libido dissipated, so the shame of that makes him react so stupidly weak to her behavior. But again, that's just my personal headcanonn because the man really seems stupid when it comes to dealing with her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She's so funny

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Duckie v2 wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 02:04
Guest wrote:
Duckie v2 wrote:
Guest wrote:

I was responding to Alicent's relationship and feelings regarding Viserys. I agree Otto is to blame for the most part while Rhaenyra is blameless for Alicent's ordeal (I was explaining Alicent's pov). But I do believe Viserys is to blame for alot, because Alicent was not some expert seductress, she was just a teenager who offered a listening ear and fixed his dragon figurine. The man was not a poor manipulated boy, he was a much older King.

I tend to headcanon that Viserys realized what he had done to Alicent when he became too old and weak for sex and the smoke screen of his libido dissipated, so the shame of that makes him react so stupidly weak to her behavior. But again, that's just my personal headcanonn because the man really seems stupid when it comes to dealing with her.
DA I blame Otto for what he's done to Alicent but I think Viserys is on his own here. Sure Otto was the one sending Alicent to meet him all the time but we didn't get any scenes of Otto whispering in his ear that Alicent would be a good match for him. That was all Viserys being selfish and picking the girl he liked best instead of the better political choice, Laena.

If Otto is responsible for Viserys choosing Alicent then ironically he's also responsible for Viserys making Rhaenyra his heir because he was the one talking shit about Daemon all the time. Ultimately, I think the grown ass man can make his own choices.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Duckie v2 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Duckie v2 wrote:
Guest wrote:

He’s much too clueless to realize what kind of traumas he had inflicted on Alicent during their marriage. And we saw how dismissive he was with her when they were entertaining Daemon in the Godswood party and look at their miserable sex life. Imagine 20 years of that kind of misery.

Alicent deserved so much better.

Duckie v2

Post by Duckie v2 »

DA I blame Otto for what he's done to Alicent but I think Viserys is on his own here. Sure Otto was the one sending Alicent to meet him all the time but we didn't get any scenes of Otto whispering in his ear that Alicent would be a good match for him. That was all Viserys being selfish and picking the girl he liked best instead of the better political choice, Laena.

If Otto is responsible for Viserys choosing Alicent then ironically he's also responsible for Viserys making Rhaenyra his heir because he was the one talking shit about Daemon all the time. Ultimately, I think the grown ass man can make his own choices.
I definitely agree with all of this.
He’s much too clueless to realize what kind of traumas he had inflicted on Alicent during their marriage. And we saw how dismissive he was with her when they were entertaining Daemon in the Godswood party and look at their miserable sex life. Imagine 20 years of that kind of misery.

Alicent deserved so much better.
Yeah, that's why I said my headcanon starts at him only reflecting on Alicent once he is older and unable to have sex. He definitely saw Alicent as a sex toy and a broodmare but he must also have noticed the changes in her personality through the years, since he also used to praise her kindness. He may prove to still be clueless in the next episodes though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 02:25
Duckie v2 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Duckie v2 wrote:
Guest wrote:

The sad thing is that he's now outlived Laena, despite originally turning down the match because she was too young. Can you imagine how simple this would all be if he had 2 daughters with Laena and Rhaenyra would be still bffs with Alicent and the undisputed heir.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 03:31
Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 02:25
Duckie v2 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Duckie v2 wrote:

The sad thing is that he's now outlived Laena, despite originally turning down the match because she was too young. Can you imagine how simple this would all be if he had 2 daughters with Laena and Rhaenyra would be still bffs with Alicent and the undisputed heir.
Agree with all. But whatever Alicent&Rhaenyra have going on, Alicent probably still gonna cry when Rhaenyra starts to f* somebody else. My girl is in too deep.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Rhaenys and Corlys are so interesting. I love their dynamic. Corlys' brother was dropping some not so subtle hints that he's going to be trouble.

Also, my favorite part of the episode was the kids fighting because of course they would.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love listening to podcasts about my favorite shows so I wish I could find a lesbian one for this one cause my god... listening to het girls mental gymnastics trying to justify everything Daemon does while giving Alicent no sympathy is getting exhausting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

this reminded me of the GoT s1 ep with the kids fighting Joffrey vs starks lols - except on steroids
Rhaneyra and Alicient acting was the highlight. Just a little off with no one mentioning Vhagar, as that is kinda a big deal and started the whole fight ?

Rhaenys's actor is great, I actually felt the acting for Corlys was a bit lacking in their fireplace chat scene ? He seemed solid before, guess it's easier playing the macho man

and Otto the Hand, just slipping in like an old slipper, makes as much sense as Cole having no consequences to what he did at the wedding

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love how actresses on this show are pro-rhaenicent and anti-incest :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 04:46
I love listening to podcasts about my favorite shows so I wish I could find a lesbian one for this one cause my god... listening to het girls mental gymnastics trying to justify everything Daemon does while giving Alicent no sympathy is getting exhausting.
which ones do you listen to currently? girls gone canon isn’t so bad. they at least acknowledge that daemon is a shithead.

i used to listen to cast of thrones but they came back with only one of the og cast members and he’s the most annoying one and loves daemon and hate rhaenyra. he brought on two women as co hosts but they’re both bihets and one can’t refrain from calling daemon “daddy”

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Sep 2022, 06:03

TBH Alicent has not done anything wise. All of her big moves come from her father's suggestions. Her entire life fucked over by him. She jas not shown any ability to be powerful. Yet.

ugh, this scene still gets me.💔

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 13:59
Young Alicent needed to be protected at all costs. I adore Olivia, but I will forever defend Alicent because of Emily’s performance.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 14:22
Guest wrote:
04 Oct 2022, 04:46
which ones do you listen to currently? girls gone canon isn’t so bad. they at least acknowledge that daemon is a shithead.

i used to listen to cast of thrones but they came back with only one of the og cast members and he’s the most annoying one and loves daemon and hate rhaenyra. he brought on two women as co hosts but they’re both bihets and one can’t refrain from calling daemon “daddy”
I listen to Cast of Kings and Ringer-verse's deep dive podcast. Cast of Kings is a man and a woman, the woman is a book reader and the guy isn't - when they got to the Daemon and Rhaenyra they pretty much just acknowledged it happened and moved on. The ringer verse two women are both book readers, they find Matt Smith charming and like him, but they don't fawn over Daemon. They're definitely straight though. Those podcasts aren't bad, but there are so many different tones you have to find something you can enjoy listening to.

There are so many podcasts the one you're looking for might be out there, or maybe you are the podcast host you're looking for lol