Kristen Stewart - Part VIII

Reactions:

Re: Kristen Stewart Part VIII

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Aug 2021, 21:38
I love how the director phrased this and I love how Kristen got to work with a director that loves and tries to understand women.
He's an incredible director, I've been watching some of his previous films. I hope Kristen works with him more times.

Shsko
Reactions:

Post by Shsko »

I'm scared

Stewart: From what I’ve heard, Stewart plays to her strengths. She’s not a chameleon, I don’t think her Diana is this transformative role people might think she is. Stewart can put her own stamp on it because the film is set over a weekend and we’re seeing private-Diana, not face-of-public Diana. Stewart doesn’t need to imitate, and I’ve heard she doesn’t. I’m sure she’ll communicate the emotion very well, but people can and maybe will be a bit harsh if she doesn’t “transform”.

Isn't this a transformative performance from her? :bigcry: not again a subtle performance with her own vibe.

Waiting for good news today at cinemacon

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lmao everyone here is unrealistic and only focused on the positive but sure, it’s “telling” that literally everything out there is also positive and pundits all have Kristen in their top 5. Welcome back, it must’ve been miserable for you being around such positivity the past few weeks.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Great buzz came from the test screening. Next round of buzz will come within the next couple of hours when Neon presents its slate at Cinemacon. We'll get the full picture next week when Spencer premieres at Venice and Telluride.

Jskso
Reactions:

Post by Jskso »

Well, I posted that comment from Golderby because if a find something I post it here (good or bad) but to be fair I haven't seen any negative comments. It just I think she needs to bring the best of the best. I hope for something transformative and new in her.

Even here someone else posted that the movie is unconventional and

"- Most of the public didn't like the film very much, it is difficult to see and unconventional... (It isn't what they expected I guess). Yet he told me that critics most likely will LOVE the movie. -About Kristen: the best performance of her career. She is totally into the role and the accent on the point. She will most likely be nominated (or win) everywhere."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ryann
Reactions:

Post by ryann »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:queen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 15:02

Now that is one absolutely STUNNING poster

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 15:03
Guest wrote:

Stunning indeed, omg.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ryann wrote:
omg I love that concept

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 15:03
Guest wrote:

X1000000

The one with the first still was not bad but more on a meh side. This one is masterful.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

That is impressive

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The Instagram and Twitter pages are now live, as is the page on Neon’s site.

https://www.instagram.com/spencer_movie/

https://twitter.com/spencer_movie?s=21

https://neonrated.com/films/spencer

ryann
Reactions:

Post by ryann »

CinemaCon might be showing a teaser trailer and an extended clip for Spencer

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/cinemac ... ie-lovers/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Release it!!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There’s been a lot of attention on the prospect of Stewart’s portrayal of the iconic Lady Di (she was last in Venice playing another real-life woman in 2019’s Seberg). But her accent here is pitch-perfect as the Princess of Wales.

The trailer is a montage of shots familiar to a royal life, i.e. Diane’s suits, shots of lobster, asparagus soup. But then we see Diane crying, sashaying down the hall in a silver gown, then clad in yellow traversing the estate grounds, surrounded by paparazzi, then she swirling and dancing.
https://deadline.com/2021/08/spencer-kr ... 234821634/

ryann
Reactions:

Post by ryann »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I looked up my comment about this year her being in awards season like she's never been before, about her getting a nomination...and I couldn't find it anymore, I suppose it got deleted. But here's the reminder: every year someone's turn comes, and this time it's her turn. it's all synchronizing perfectly like other campaigns we see annually from other actresses. can feast without fear! the vacancy for the season is for Kristen. it may not be a blockbuster, but it's a film designed entirely for the Oscars.

Shamrocker
Veteran
Reactions: 386

Post by Shamrocker »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

:wub: I love it !!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

In the replies she calls Kristen amazing and said her accent is really good.

Shamrocker
Veteran
Reactions: 386

Post by Shamrocker »

Love the poster! And reading all the comments and reactions to the teaser and footage is exciting and promising.
I think we are all in for a very fun fall with Kristen content and praise.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

what could her disappearance after returning to LA be? has she been doing press releases that will be released later when the teaser comes out? :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I noticed that these folks who saw the teaser are RT each other. either it's a spontaneous movement, or it's a marketing movement where neon has invested a lot. which is quite promising. means they support Kristen in this race.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 16:08
I noticed that these folks who saw the teaser are RT each other. either it's a spontaneous movement, or it's a marketing movement where neon has invested a lot. which is quite promising. means they support Kristen in this race.
SA. Positive buzz is a great tool before any real showing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 16:11
In the footage, which has not been released publicly, a nearly unrecognizable Stewart and Farthing square off over a pool table in what is presumably a billiards room on the royal estate. The two, who are separated by the length of the table with a series of perfectly cued all-red balls between them, are immediately at odds and arguing about one of their sons shooting with the family. At one point, she barely contains her anger by banging on the pool table in rage. It's quickly clear that the real issue is not the shooting, but various untruths and resentments between the couple. Charles confronts her about everything from wandering the grounds alone, to how she opens curtains, and possible infidelities are implied. But, at the heart of his issues with her, is her apparent lack of desire to conform to royal standards.

"There's two of everyone," he tells her. "We are given tasks, you have to be able to make your body do things you hate."

"That you hate?" she repeats, nailing Diana's whispery tone of voice and accent.

"Yes, for the good of the country," he says. "For the people, because they don't want us to be people. That's how it is. I'm sorry I thought you knew." The confrontation ends with Charles flicking the eight ball to her, which she picks up and subsequently drops. The final shot is of the lonely eight ball on the floor.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 15:49
I looked up my comment about this year her being in awards season like she's never been before, about her getting a nomination...and I couldn't find it anymore, I suppose it got deleted. But here's the reminder: every year someone's turn comes, and this time it's her turn. it's all synchronizing perfectly like other campaigns we see annually from other actresses. can feast without fear! the vacancy for the season is for Kristen. it may not be a blockbuster, but it's a film designed entirely for the Oscars.
This

She's 100% getting the nomination. The only question now is: will she win?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She's trending in the U.S just with that poster. This feels a lot bigger than the average indie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 16:33
Oh just STFU. If we can watch Peter getting bitten by a spider 100 times in 10 years or emo Batguy going through funk because of his parents every 3rd year, we can have this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
That is exactly what I was saying a few months ago , people are getting sturated with the royals

And for that person that compares with the comic movies yes people are sick of that too

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The footage features Stewart being confronted by Charles over her not being the princess everyone wants her to be. We can see Stewart's Diana clearly frustrated over her role and feeling like a prisoner in her own home.

Along with the gripping scene that could garner Oscar attention for Stewart, and the amazing production design and costuming, there's also Stewart's English accent.

It is flawless.

Like Natalie Portman playing Jackie Kennedy in "Jackie," it's less about her physically looking like the icon and more about her voice and mannerisms.

Don't get me wrong, Stewart has the look with the costuming and wavy blonde hair. But her voice perfectly matches to that of Princess Diana.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 16:54

The footage features Stewart being confronted by Charles over her not being the princess everyone wants her to be. We can see Stewart's Diana clearly frustrated over her role and feeling like a prisoner in her own home.

Along with the gripping scene that could garner Oscar attention for Stewart, and the amazing production design and costuming, there's also Stewart's English accent.

It is flawless.

Like Natalie Portman playing Jackie Kennedy in "Jackie," it's less about her physically looking like the icon and more about her voice and mannerisms.

Don't get me wrong, Stewart has the look with the costuming and wavy blonde hair. But her voice perfectly matches to that of Princess Diana.
Okay but Natalie’s accent was terrible lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kristen Stewart’s much-anticipated Princess Diana biopic, Spencer, was the movie everyone left the CinemaCon Neon presentation talking about. While definitely offering a lower-key slate than any of the studios, who are there presenting their tentpoles, Neon can boast a few pretty intriguing awards contenders, and indeed Spencer leads that pack.

Stewart’s performance seems to be on point, with her accent convincing to my non-educated ears. She’s also wearing a prosthetic nose that makes her look quite a bit like Diana. I was impressed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 16:53
Guest wrote:
That is exactly what I was saying a few months ago , people are getting sturated with the royals

And for that person that compares with the comic movies yes people are sick of that too
Oh please. They are so suck of those movies that every single one of them earns hundreds of millions of dollars and some a billion or two.
Every single time when a movie is about a woman, any woman, gets more than one instalment men become crybabies because it's too much, they can't handle it.
There is no "we" from that tweet. He doesn't have to watch Spencer so how about he and others like him just let people enjoy it if they want to.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I imagined she would have a prosthetic nose.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 16:55
Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 16:54

It is flawless.

Okay but Natalie’s accent was terrible lol
No, it wasn't. It was great and there's a video of a dialect expert analysing it and praising it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 17:04
They're not going for physical resemblance, everyone knows that, she's selling it on the accent and movement

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 17:04
I will believe it when I see it. Because in none of all those set pics she had it on. Not that it's a bad thing if they did that, it's part of performance then.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I like the fact that we only have to wait one week, perfect timing

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I actually question if that’s accurate about the nose. None of the promo or paparazzi pics look like she’s wearing a prosthetic nose.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Aug 2021, 17:11
I actually question if that’s accurate about the nose. None of the promo or paparazzi pics look like she’s wearing a prosthetic nose.
If they did her nose then they should have done her teeth too. I don't think they did either and that's fine. Camera angels can do miracles.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Neon is playing this so perfectly. Getting the trailer in front of the shills at Cinemacon so their raves can prime the Venice audience. They're crushing it so far.