Kristen Stewart - Part VIII

Reactions:

Re: Kristen Stewart Part VIII

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 07:32
Oh God you people are misunderstanding my post. I never compared Kristen with DeBose. I didn't even know she is queer or whatever. I had to google her after reading something in Twitter. May be I wasn't able to put my words properly.

What I said is putting homophobia aside, there are people in industry who wants Kristen not to succeed. By nominating Debose they trying to say that they have no problem with someone being queer. They want to prove their point that Kristen's performance isn't upto the mark to get nominated. In this way they can save their ass.

That's what is going on in Twitter. All are sighting debose's example.

I never in my right mind compare Kristen with DeBose. This is just a dirty game which SAG played.

Sorry if my post hurt someone's feelings.
I get what you are trying to say and that tactic is an old tired one but it worked for many. Kinda like how a racists will find that one POC they tolerate so that they can then use the fact they are somewhat friendly with one POC to say they can't possibly be racist. Or how misogynists love hiding behind their wives or daughters or sisters.

Hollywood has operated in that way for decades. They pick one lgbtq person, let them have certain success, discriminate against everyone else from community and then use that one they let in as a proof they are not homophobic when accused of it. That's how we ended up with one queer per one line of business who got to have a mainstream career. In daytime TV that was Ellen, in nighttime TV that is Rachel Maddow and so on, I think you get what I'm talking about. I'm listing women only but it's not much different for queer men.

That being said, I don't think this tactic was used in Kristen's sag snub case. I think you are right when you say many don't want to see her succeed and that's the key. To me that's been obvious for years.
But they didn't vote for Debose to cover their homophobic tracks. What happened here is that they had no idea she's queer. They watched the movie, she's great in it and looks - the key! detail - very fuc*able (excuse my french). Meaning, she's extremely feminine in WSS so damn easy on the eyes. So men wanted to do her (excuse my french once again but reality is that nasty) and women wanted to be like her (have her legs, her lips, etc). During WSS promo her team dressed her to look very high glam, polished and most often 100% femme. So they voted for her because of her performance *and* because what they saw of her made her welcomed to their "club".
Debose being queer was never a topic in the mainstream press so they simply had no idea. Compare that to Kristen announcing engagement to a woman on Howard Stern and having CBS and the likes writing articles on their main pages about Kristen maybe being first openly lgbtq Oscar winner. That conversation about making a history woke up and enraged every homophobic cell in sag voters' bodies.

That journalist yesterday said it himself. When he started questioning sag voters, reasons they gave him were all lame and unconvincing, stupid but *all* eventually came down to "it's because she doesn't like men". Homophobia reigns supreme.
SAG is lucky Debose is openly gay because they can now use her nom as a cover and say Kristen's snub is strictly due to her bad performance. And people will believe them because very few watched Spencer to know better and Kristen is labeled as a 'not good actress' by mainstream media so sag will getaway with its homophobia.

Jdjdjdnd
Reactions:

Post by Jdjdjdnd »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 11:49
Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 11:13
She already shot two more films last year, remember?
I didn't forget but in one she has really small role and the other one is a total mystery. They already filmed it and all but no trade reported about it. This is the first time in Kristen's career something like that happened so people don't know what to expect. That's why it might look like everyone is dismissing both projects while waiting for something big(er) to be announced.
When did she shoot the total mystery one? I didn’t know about that one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

New interview but old photoshoot.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Jdjdjdnd wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 11:26
Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 11:49
Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 11:13
She already shot two more films last year, remember?
I didn't forget but in one she has really small role and the other one is a total mystery. They already filmed it and all but no trade reported about it. This is the first time in Kristen's career something like that happened so people don't know what to expect. That's why it might look like everyone is dismissing both projects while waiting for something big(er) to be announced.
When did she shoot the total mystery one? I didn’t know about that one.
You don't know about Love Me with Steven Yeun? She filmed entire thing in December but no trade has reported anything about it yet. No official announcement of any kind and film is already in post-prod. That's why it's such a mistery.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 12:14
New interview but old photoshoot.

Thanks for that! I love this part:

In her private life, however, she can finally relax. The international Twilight icon has turned into a different icon: she inspires young people to open up and reveal their sexuality. "The world we live in is quite different than it was a few years ago, and the youth of today inspire me much more than those of my generation, and I'm proud of their activism." On the subject of identity, gender fluidity and sexual orientation, Stewart has a detached, relaxed and serene approach: "I'm obviously gay and I don't hide it; I let myself be photographed with my partner, but I don't feel like telling journalists about my private life: I prefer to express my position with a film, like Happiest Season for example (the romantic comedy released at Christmas last year starring two gay girls, ed.), rather than making statements from a media platform.

Definitions are not her thing

Labels and categorical definitions are not for her: "Every time they stick a label on you, it's easier for others to understand who you are, but it automatically reduces the complexity of the individual. I was a bit of a tomboy when I was a kid, then I went through the long hair and long dress phase: so what? There are a thousand versions of myself that are not in conflict, and can live together. If it's easier for the audience to pick one to understand you better, free to do so, but they're limiting their ability to understand humanity. And that's a great shame."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Look at how happy she is with them. She really gave it her all, to this movie so F those who can't recognize that.

Reactions:

Re: Kristen htt Part VIII

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Moving away from SAG to Oscars noms. Seasoned award-winning actors know her and her talent.

Nicolas Cage is an Academy member. Elijah Wood-not sure-he complimented the movie.

Other co-workers who are prior winners/members: Sean Penn, Eddie Redmayne, Julianne Moore, Jodie Foster, Juliette Binoche, William Hurt, Robert DeNiro, Charlize Theron, Melissa Leo, Rami Malek.

Recent new members: Mackenzie Davis, Clea Duvall, Kaitlyn Dever (friend of K I think), Steven Yeun, Kelvin Harrison Jr.

Other contenders also have networks, but interesting (to me) that she’s worked with many.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 06:38
Could it be as simple as the performance not being a SAG type of performance? She still got in at cc, gg and is very much likely going to get in at the oscars, Baftas is a long shot due to the minimum mentions, but I really think the outlook is not as bleak as some of you are making out. Nicole Kidman has a string of noms and has never won one for film acting and only has one for bll. Kristen will be fine, there will be some knocks along the way but she will get there.
Yes, it's not a SAG performance and especially not a SAG movie. Still there are tons of reactions outside of Kristen's fandom that are genuinely shocked and angry that she didn't make it (even grown men that got tears in their eyes). Regardless, homophobia is a factor and that journalist, Jason, proved it when discussing with the SAG voters.

As for the rest of what you wrote, yes, it's not bleak at all. Kristen got the best reviews of her life, and even populist nominations with the GG and CC which show that she at least has some support in the industry, and she has a real shot at an Oscar nomination. Still I'm genuinely curious what the deal with Variety is and what they have against her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 04:05
It's clear to me, I don't know about you, that Hollywood is run by a dirty persons whose only interest is sex and money. If a film doesn't make a lot of money on them, they don't give it a award. If they don't like an actress because she likes women, they ignore her. That is, to receive a award from these is a humiliation.
I'm not even surprised. It's been years since I've noticed that lesbian actresses and projects don't get awarded, even Cate Blanchett said so. It's all a joke and I think even the actors themselves care less and less about awards these days, they pretty much only attend these events when they know they're gonna win something. It's all become a commercial joke.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guys, I didn't want to get into the conversation about awards and so I commented on the interview, a snippet of it, and the comment was deleted‽
I was about to comment on the Q&A pics and short videos but I think there's a new rule between the lines or whatever.
ok, i'll take the risk. I bought Spencer's blu-ray, I'm looking forward to receiving it. actually I'm a little afraid of having fallen for a scam, but I'm still in the faith :fingcross:

very important what Kristen said in this Italian interview. she will never leave the industry, she will always be in indies, directing and writing, that's her life. I don't think I've ever seen anyone as passionate about cinema as she is. it's inspiring.
" I want to be a director, I want to make films", she explains with conviction. "It's a kind of obsession, an imperative that I cannot escape. Perhaps because it was cinema that gave me the most cathartic experiences of my life, that revealed to me who really I am, and I want to continue on this path… "

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hey, btw. There’s a new video from the other night on Twitter (from tiktok, from a Brazilian robsten account lol). Fans are saying she’s responding to an “ex-hater” who told her, “I didn’t like you as an actress before…” blah blah blah

Anyway, it’s wrong. Someone who took a picture with her on that night said they asked her about Gaga and I think that’s what she’s talking about in the video. You can hear the person say whatever whatever Gaga?? And her responding: “ yeah! (?)…(had?) never met her before in my life!…” she says something else I can’t hear and then “I think she’s f*cking great…I think she’s like…I f*cking love her!”

I don’t have a public twitter but if some fan from there sees this can they correct it? I hate when fake stuff like this sticks. Maybe it’ll make the rounds with her stans and they’ll leave K alone lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 17:04
Runner wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 16:30
Shamrocker wrote:
14 Jan 2022, 16:22
Okay she gave more context...
She answered someone and said:
"sorry!! I asked her I said “okay but happiest season 2??” And she smiled and then said yesss all shy. Like the way she said it was like she knew we would know she was lying if she said no"
I already got excited, but...
She's so sweet :wub:
This guy was talking to her about the W Mag cover and about Kristen "meeting' Gaga (LA Times roundtable).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 18:43
Hey, btw. There’s a new video from the other night on Twitter (from tiktok, from a Brazilian robsten account lol). Fans are saying she’s responding to an “ex-hater” who told her, “I didn’t like you as an actress before…” blah blah blah

Anyway, it’s wrong. Someone who took a picture with her on that night said they asked her about Gaga and I think that’s what she’s talking about in the video. You can hear the person say whatever whatever Gaga?? And her responding: “ yeah! (?)…(had?) never met her before in my life!…” she says something else I can’t hear and then “I think she’s f*cking great…I think she’s like…I f*cking love her!”

I don’t have a public twitter but if some fan from there sees this can they correct it? I hate when fake stuff like this sticks. Maybe it’ll make the rounds with her stans and they’ll leave K alone lmao

Never mind, it’s being corrected now 008

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 18:41
guys, I didn't want to get into the conversation about awards and so I commented on the interview, a snippet of it, and the comment was deleted‽
I was about to comment on the Q&A pics and short videos but I think there's a new rule between the lines or whatever.
ok, i'll take the risk. I bought Spencer's blu-ray, I'm looking forward to receiving it. actually I'm a little afraid of having fallen for a scam, but I'm still in the faith :fingcross:

very important what Kristen said in this Italian interview. she will never leave the industry, she will always be in indies, directing and writing, that's her life. I don't think I've ever seen anyone as passionate about cinema as she is. it's inspiring.
" I want to be a director, I want to make films", she explains with conviction. "It's a kind of obsession, an imperative that I cannot escape. Perhaps because it was cinema that gave me the most cathartic experiences of my life, that revealed to me who really I am, and I want to continue on this path… "
Thanks a lot for this! Very interesting. Regarding your comment being deleted: the mod probably just made a mistake, or perhaps you accidentally replied to a troll (in that case your post will be deleted too - it's usually better to just make a new post).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 19:06
This is very much in Kristen's style to be respectful and professional towards other actresses. It still doesn't take away the fact that Gaga's fanbase in general is absolute trash. They have been worse than the fanbase of Kristen's former co-star this awards season. A bunch of misogynistic gay men who love tearing down young women (case in point - Datalounge. There is no place where Kristen is more bashed and hated).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Variety is playing smart and safe. Chose the one who genuinely likes Kristen and posted one positive article so that the online backlash will subside. But damage is done already and can't be undone.

Kristen is genuinely humble and always respected her co-stars and other actors. Her saying good things about Gaga didn't surprise me. This girl is a gem. The most moronic group is the stans of her previous co-star and of course that person himself.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kristen posted last night (2203)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 10:07
Kristen got a new follower (226)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They had a party at Kristen's last night. (Maggie's igs. Dylan sleeping with Cole is so cute!)

Riley1966
Reactions: 5

Post by Riley1966 »

Guest wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 18:08
They had a party at Kristen's last night. (Maggie's igs. Dylan sleeping with Cole is so cute!)
Yes l have seen it by Igs

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kristen is runner up with Toronto Film Critics. Olivia Colman won. Kristen and Penelope Cruz runners up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kristen also runner up to Olivia Colman in Kansas City.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 19:15
Amazing list! So great to see Kristen here (and Cruz for that matter who has missed out on all the industry nominations...) here!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 20:32
Guest wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 19:15
Amazing list! So great to see Kristen here (and Cruz for that matter who has missed out on all the industry nominations...) here!
DA Spencer was also nominated for Best Picture, Best Score and Best Cinematography!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 21:38
Guest wrote:
This is very much in Kristen's style to be respectful and professional towards other actresses. It still doesn't take away the fact that Gaga's fanbase in general is absolute trash. They have been worse than the fanbase of Kristen's former co-star this awards season. A bunch of misogynistic gay men who love tearing down young women (case in point - Datalounge. There is no place where Kristen is more bashed and hated).
da. gaga is not her fanbase. i haven't kept up recently, but i remember over the years gaga speaking nicely of kristen. in fact, she seems to be pretty nice in general. she's never been into feuding with other female performers. i don't get the hate.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 21:52
Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 21:38
Guest wrote:
da. gaga is not her fanbase. i haven't kept up recently, but i remember over the years gaga speaking nicely of kristen. in fact, she seems to be pretty nice in general. she's never been into feuding with other female performers. i don't get the hate.
DA2, Gaga was low key and very respectful in the LA Times roundtable, it was interesting to hear her approach since she was trained in method acting back-when. She was definitely ‘different’ from the other actresses, admitted she was vulnerable and still learning, and everyone seemed to be very aware of that(except her fans lol), but it was a good conversation.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

I think Kristen understands that she's never going to be mainstream and is happy to continue to work indies and make her own films, based on her interests, which are not mainstream. She fell into Twilight, and since then, nothing she's done has been embraced by a mainstream audience and that includes Spencer. That's what will keep her from getting an Oscar but I think she has figured that out since the SAG snub.

Fans should be glad she's going to direct and enjoy her life. She comfortable enough she never needs to worry about money so she can dabble in experimental films or whatever catches her interest.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 17:43
Guest wrote:
Kristen posted (2204) and followed someone (343), maybe the account that followed her earlier.

y me
Reactions:

Post by y me »

Guest wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 23:24
Guest wrote:

I think Kristen understands that she's never going to be mainstream and is happy to continue to work indies and make her own films, based on her interests, which are not mainstream. She fell into Twilight, and since then, nothing she's done has been embraced by a mainstream audience and that includes Spencer. That's what will keep her from getting an Oscar but I think she has figured that out since the SAG snub.

Fans should be glad she's going to direct and enjoy her life. She comfortable enough she never needs to worry about money so she can dabble in experimental films or whatever catches her interest.

That reminds me of one of the best lines in Sils Maria "I don't need the money".

In any event she can always go mainstream in an ensemble with other A-listers she likes working with, and not only have a good time on the jab, make good box office and even have a decent shot at best supporting. My main point is that Kristen DEFIES GRAVITY her name alone can get a movie financed and she will always have "her public" who appreciates her regardless of what she does, nor should she be counted out on best-actress either.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Someone scanned the Kristen and Nic Hoult conversation/interview. It’s an absolute delight to read. It’s really fun reading about their shenanigans during Equals filming. I also just love reading about Kristen discussing her craft. She does mention the Cronenberg film by the way - not much, but she worked with the same coach she worked with for Spencer and says that she has a “strange voice” in the movie but not an accent. 🤔

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 02:47
Someone scanned the Kristen and Nic Hoult conversation/interview. It’s an absolute delight to read. It’s really fun reading about their shenanigans during Equals filming. I also just love reading about Kristen discussing her craft. She does mention the Cronenberg film by the way - not much, but she worked with the same coach she worked with for Spencer and says that she has a “strange voice” in the movie but not an accent. 🤔

I find it really interesting that Kristen is now starting to become a more conventional actress. She had an acting coach for Cronenberg's movie and learned her lines. I'm guessing this interview was done before she shot the Steven Yeun movie or else she would've mentioned it too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 04:25
Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 02:47

I find it really interesting that Kristen is now starting to become a more conventional actress. She had an acting coach for Cronenberg's movie and learned her lines. I'm guessing this interview was done before she shot the Steven Yeun movie or else she would've mentioned it too.
It’s fascinating how she’s completely changed her acting technique! After 20+ years in the business. Something really clicked with Spencer (it was the same acting coach). Good for her for finding new ways to learn and improve her craft. I’m curious if he also coached her for Love Me as well.

Gueste
Reactions:

Post by Gueste »

Selma Blair likes Spencer :wub: the post is from the actress Shannyn Sossamon

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Fans should be glad she's going to direct
I still don't get why I as a fan of the actress Kristen Stewart should be happy about her vanishing behind the camera. Good for her, but I as a fan obviously want to see her!
Same with the acting technique, I like Kristen because of her natural acting. Let's see if that will change (Spencer is a cup of its own).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 00:57
Guest wrote:
16 Jan 2022, 17:43
Guest wrote:
Kristen posted (2204) and followed someone (343), maybe the account that followed her earlier.
Might be Tara Suzie’s friend. She had deactivated a few days ago and reactivate late Saturday early Sunday morning.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So now we know why she had bruises while she was filming Lizzie, :lol: she fell while racing someone and her make up artist had to find a way to cover them up :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's good to see so many people are coming out in support of Kristen after SAG snub, even quite a few industry people.

Shamrocker
Veteran
Reactions: 386

Post by Shamrocker »

That was a good conversation with Nic, it's cool when she gets to chat with a buddy and make it more personal.
Her hole-in-one story was great!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 05:20
Guest wrote:
I still don't get why I as a fan of the actress Kristen Stewart should be happy about her vanishing behind the camera. Good for her, but I as a fan obviously want to see her!
Same with the acting technique, I like Kristen because of her natural acting. Let's see if that will change (Spencer is a cup of its own).
Agree with the first part about directing. As for getting a coach, I think it’s great that she’s still improving herself and finding new ways to make her performances better. It doesn’t mean she’ll be less natural.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 05:50
It's good to see so many people are coming out in support of Kristen after SAG snub, even quite a few industry people.
As they should.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 06:06
Guest wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 05:20
Guest wrote:
Agree with the first part about directing. As for getting a coach, I think it’s great that she’s still improving herself and finding new ways to make her performances better. It doesn’t mean she’ll be less natural.
Da.

x2

Wish Kristen the best of luck in her directing endeavors and I understand that has been her longtime dream but I'm a fan of her as an actress and everything that goes with it.

I think it's great she is learning new skills. That can never hurt and will only give her new tools to create her performances. It also means she won't shy away from roles that demand somewhat different approach than what she's used to doing. So all is good in that regard.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shamrocker wrote:
17 Jan 2022, 05:59
That was a good conversation with Nic, it's cool when she gets to chat with a buddy and make it more personal.
Her hole-in-one story was great!
And we got a confirmation that she's decorating, after probably remodeling, her new house.

I wish we had a video of that interview too because I bet it would be hilarious to watch them interact.