12 Jun 2021, 20:11
Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 19:20
Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 18:30
neighbours update

https://archiveofourown.org/works/30822 ... s/76088675
I'm just, jesus, I'm so sad from this chapter
da me too! the angst is killing me slowly but sweetly!
Much like her first fic, its really well written but the angst is just stretched to unbelievable levels that I can't with how she writes Shelby anymore. I'd actually like to see more island fics. Bored of closet case Shelby in various situation giving Toni the run around.

Reactions:

Re: The Wilds

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 21:04
Guest-angst wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
neighbours update

Much like her first fic, its really well written but the angst is just stretched to unbelievable levels that I can't with how she writes Shelby anymore. I'd actually like to see more island fics. Bored of closet case Shelby in various situation giving Toni the run around.
soccer AU where Shelby isn't a closet case.
https://archiveofourown.org/works/31449827

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 21:14
Guest wrote:
Guest-angst wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
neighbours update

Just not that into AUs to be honest but might have a look.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So happy that there are so many fic updates but none of them are Curtain Call :bigcry:

Guest.....
Reactions:

Post by Guest..... »

And here i thought we were getting rid of them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Maybe the girls have finished....

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest-angst wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
neighbours update

It's just not all that believable to me that she'd go through with the wedding when the guy is verbally and physically abusive. She clearly can't stand him. If she's so worried about what her parents think, it would make more sense for her to tell them that's why it didn't work out, and instead find a nice guy who'd be willing to pose as a beard. That part is just too unrealistic.

Guest-spoilers
Reactions:

Post by Guest-spoilers »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 09:29
Guest wrote:
Guest-angst wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
neighbours update

DA Duuuuudeeee! Spoilers!

Gueststst
Reactions:

Post by Gueststst »

Guest..... wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 07:37

This is the boys season lmaoo what a shit show it will be. Well the girls definitely there on paid vacation because they just film like 3 days and that’s it. The boys have been non stop what so ever. This will be like their 3rd week in a row because last week even though the girls were filming so were they. And if they are staying in the villa’s means they will be there all week filming island scenes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest..... wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 07:37

:eyeroll:
You are just fooling yourselves. We've already been told by the boys they are there through August.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What is Toni and Martha song?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 14:05
What is Toni and Martha song?
I think it's Juicy by Notorious B.I.G

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest-angst wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
neighbours update

i wouldn’t say well written i can’t get past the inability to properly punctuate speech. i can overlook it when reading the smut but not when it’s meant to be a real hard hitting story. can’t make myself care about toni or shelby in fics when they’re written this way. shelby so unlikable and toni so pathetic.

Guest - don't be an asshat
Reactions:

Post by Guest - don't be an asshat »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 03:32
Guest wrote:
Guest-angst wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
neighbours update

i wouldn’t say well written i can’t get past the inability to properly punctuate speech. i can overlook it when reading the smut but not when it’s meant to be a real hard hitting story. can’t make myself care about toni or shelby in fics when they’re written this way. shelby so unlikable and toni so pathetic.
DA

I haven't noticed too much of that. Actually, she's doing quite a good job comparing to many others out there. But that's really beside the point. The point is that it's a freaking fanfiction, not a professionally edited and proofread classic piece.

I'm not sure what some of you really expect from a non-professional writers that do this as a hobby, in their spare time and for free. If you want "perfection", go to the bookstore (although, you will find grammatical errors and missed punctuation in those too, sometimes).

Everyone is welcome to express their opinion on fanfics, and that's fair game, but I really do not appreciate it when people basically piss on fanfic writers, who put in the time and the effort to give us these stories, without getting anything in return apart from maybe a few nice comments.

P.S. English is my third language, so feel free to be an asshat about my grammar and punctuation in this post, too.

Guest-ironic
Reactions:

Post by Guest-ironic »

Guest - don't be an asshat wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 04:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest-angst wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

I haven't noticed too much of that. Actually, she's doing quite a good job comparing to many others out there. But that's really beside the point. The point is that it's a freaking fanfiction, not a professionally edited and proofread classic piece.

I'm not sure what some of you really expect from a non-professional writers that do this as a hobby, in their spare time and for free. If you want "perfection", go to the bookstore (although, you will find grammatical errors and missed punctuation in those too, sometimes).

Everyone is welcome to express their opinion on fanfics, and that's fair game, but I really do not appreciate it when people basically piss on fanfic writers, who put in the time and the effort to give us these stories, without getting anything in return apart from maybe a few nice comments.

P.S. English is my third language, so feel free to be an asshat about my grammar and punctuation in this post, too.
QMTA as I have just noticed that, in the bold sentence above, you didn't punctuate properly, so that's like super ironic!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

With the girls not filming and not being together, Mia somewhere in holiday, Sophia looking at kangaroos.... Any excitment I had left has completely gone. I'll stay to see tnr's fic complete but I just don't even care about mia anymore and that was the last thing keeping me in

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Damn, I feel bad for moon_cube’s irl situation!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 10:04
neighbours update!

https://archiveofourown.org/works/30822 ... s/79092619

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Fucking hell. What a thing to read on a Monday morning, neighbours just killing me

Guest.....
Reactions:

Post by Guest..... »

Guest wrote:
neighbours update!

i don't know how i feel about this chapter....
All i know is that i wish i didn't read it cause i'm in pain now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest..... wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 12:11
Guest wrote:
neighbours update!

Fuck Shelby for being a pathetic wuss. 008

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 13:00
Guest..... wrote:
Guest wrote:
neighbours update!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

DA We have excellent artists and writers in this fandom, but everyone thinks they can do better. Then go write something better. Don’t like it, don’t read it doesn’t just apply to smut. It also applies to fics you don’t like. You can just say something isn’t your thing and move on. No need to be rude to the writer. Not everything is written for your specific preferences.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sophia and minicarlos :mask: i knew this would happen with male cast

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 15:57
What? Doesn't he have a girlfriend? What you on about?

Gues5t
Reactions:

Post by Gues5t »

Guest wrote:
What do you mean by this? If you are implying that they are dating to whatever he has a girlfriend. But she does hang out with Alex a lot

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest-angst wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

Da my problem with many shoni fanfics is the out of character stuff it seems the writers are confused about toni and shelby’s personalities on the shiw or they wrote those stories with other characters in mind.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 16:04
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest-angst wrote:

DA

Da my problem with many shoni fanfics is the out of character stuff it seems the writers are confused about toni and shelby’s personalities on the shiw or they wrote those stories with other characters in mind.
X2 most likely written for other fandoms but they should at least adapt the story to fit their canon personalities. Its most noticeable with smut that they didn't think of them when writing it

Guest0
Reactions:

Post by Guest0 »

If I see Bottom Toni in the tags, I'm not reading it. What is this obsession with Toni being so pathetic, needy and passive in bed? It's always detailed descriptions of Shelby fucking Toni through multiple orgasms and then maybe a paragraph of Toni returning the favour, if that.

Most of the time I skip smut scenes now because it's so repetitive that it's boring.

Just because Toni's soft it doesn't make her a borderline pillow princess ffs. I hate that this fandom is so hive minded.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 21:14
Guest wrote:
Guest-angst wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
neighbours update

tks anon

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 16:15
Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 16:04
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

X2 most likely written for other fandoms but they should at least adapt the story to fit their canon personalities. Its most noticeable with smut that they didn't think of them when writing it
A lot of the time, people ship tropes and premises and then force a pairing to fit. Sometimes it comes off because there's a good reason a pairing was thought to fit and it does actually do so, but then you get the times when it's obvious somebody just wanted to write a particular plot with their pairing of the moment. Which is fair enough, write what you like. But it's also fair that I favor the in character stuff more.

Guest-crap
Reactions:

Post by Guest-crap »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 13:10
Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 13:00
Guest..... wrote:
Guest wrote:
neighbours update!

da yeah, fuck that s#it!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest0 wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 16:45
If I see Bottom Toni in the tags, I'm not reading it. What is this obsession with Toni being so pathetic, needy and passive in bed? It's always detailed descriptions of Shelby fucking Toni through multiple orgasms and then maybe a paragraph of Toni returning the favour, if that.

Most of the time I skip smut scenes now because it's so repetitive that it's boring.

Just because Toni's soft it doesn't make her a borderline pillow princess ffs. I hate that this fandom is so hive minded.
X2 agreed. It makes it seem like these people have never had a partner or had sex before

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Even if the fic does have a happy ending I would have liked it a lot more if Shelby hadn’t gone through with the wedding.

Guest_happyendings
Reactions:

Post by Guest_happyendings »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 17:36
I don't read or watch the fiction for the unhappy endings, so I am done with this one which turned into crap, no matter how good the writing is. #sorrynotsorry

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
What happened?

GuestWow
Reactions:

Post by GuestWow »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 18:28
Guest wrote:
What happened?
da nothing happened. the op is either confused or purposefully bs-ing. minicarlos has a gf already.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest_happyendings wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 17:41
Guest wrote:
I don't read or watch the fiction for the unhappy endings, so I am done with this one which turned into crap, no matter how good the writing is. #sorrynotsorry
I get bored and lose interest when fics are too happy so I'm enjoying the wedding angst. The author is teasing but I think ultimately we will get a happy ending for the fic.

Shelby might benefit from a chapter in her POV but I think her position and fears have been explained well enough that her actions make sense despite being an independent adult. She's not afraid of getting kicked/cut off out or anything like that obviously like a high school/college Shelby would. But she is afraid of losing her family and being all alone in the world. Maybe you have to have lived that situation to really understand? My family is similarly homophobic and like Shelby I can't imagine ever living my truth because the trade off is losing them. Despite some very backwards beliefs, there's still love and comfort in having "your tribe". Friends and lovers can leave you or move on or just drift apart. Blood is blood.

I don't think Toni is a pushover in this fic. Just extremely empathetic which for someone who feels first and thinks later doesn't seem too out of character for an adult and more mature Toni. I don't think Shelby pushes her into anything or takes advantage of that, but Toni chooses to act how she does because she's in love.

One of things I like most is how Toni refuses to say those words because she's so afraid it won't be enough and she doesn't want to face that. But sadly I think that's what Shelby needed to hear to make a different decision.

Sorry for the essay about a damn fanfiction :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 19:05
Guest wrote:
I get bored and lose interest when fics are too happy so I'm enjoying the wedding angst. The author is teasing but I think ultimately we will get a happy ending for the fic.

Shelby might benefit from a chapter in her POV but I think her position and fears have been explained well enough that her actions make sense despite being an independent adult. She's not afraid of getting kicked/cut off out or anything like that obviously like a high school/college Shelby would. But she is afraid of losing her family and being all alone in the world. Maybe you have to have lived that situation to really understand? My family is similarly homophobic and like Shelby I can't imagine ever living my truth because the trade off is losing them. Despite some very backwards beliefs, there's still love and comfort in having "your tribe". Friends and lovers can leave you or move on or just drift apart. Blood is blood.

I don't think Toni is a pushover in this fic. Just extremely empathetic which for someone who feels first and thinks later doesn't seem too out of character for an adult and more mature Toni. I don't think Shelby pushes her into anything or takes advantage of that, but Toni chooses to act how she does because she's in love.

One of things I like most is how Toni refuses to say those words because she's so afraid it won't be enough and she doesn't want to face that. But sadly I think that's what Shelby needed to hear to make a different decision.

Da but I’m waiting to finish chapters 14-end until it’s completed.

Guest-Wow
Reactions:

Post by Guest-Wow »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA Wow! I pretty much disagree with everything you wrote. Blood is blood? C'mon, we're not in the 13th century!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest0 wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 16:45

Yeah for real, like toni is definitely a switch in my opinion. She also seems like someone eager to please so I can totally see her as a service top. That being said, the whole top/bottom discourse is so overplayed at this point too; it’s not that black and white in most relationships.

Guest9
Reactions:

Post by Guest9 »

Gues5t wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 16:02
Guest wrote:
What do you mean by this? If you are implying that they are dating to whatever he has a girlfriend. But she does hang out with Alex a lot
Alex has a musician gf apparently. The cast went to her show together last month. Now Reign and Zack?...maybe.

Guestst5
Reactions:

Post by Guestst5 »

Guest9 wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 21:07
Gues5t wrote:
Guest wrote:
Alex has a musician gf apparently. The cast went to her show together last month. Now Reign and Zack?...maybe.
Oh well nvm then lol I guess sophia just prefers to hang out with the boys. And yea I get that same vibe from reign and Zack

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da - I get easily bored when there's no conflict or angst in fics so I'm actually reveling in it rn. :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestst5 wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 21:11
Guest9 wrote:
Gues5t wrote:
Guest wrote:
Oh well nvm then lol I guess sophia just prefers to hang out with the boys. And yea I get that same vibe from reign and Zack
I got the vibe Zack was gay. :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestst5 wrote:
Guest9 wrote:
Gues5t wrote:
Guest wrote:
Do any of the girls... not hang out with the boys? If i were in the cast i sure wouldn't lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 03:57
Guestst5 wrote:
Guest9 wrote:
Gues5t wrote:
Guest wrote:
Do any of the girls... not hang out with the boys? If i were in the cast i sure wouldn't lmao
I think the op means that sophia prefers to hang out with the boys over the girls. I feel like she’s one of those straight girls who has more male friends idk

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 04:06
Guest wrote:
15 Jun 2021, 03:57
Guestst5 wrote:
Guest9 wrote:
Gues5t wrote:

I think the op means that sophia prefers to hang out with the boys over the girls. I feel like she’s one of those straight girls who has more male friends idk
Just like her character, Fatin "I don't get tight with girls" Jadmani.

But I also think she hangs out more with the boys especially since Helena isn't there. She might feel like the third wheel with the other girls' pairings (Mia/Erana, Shannon/Sarah, Reign/Jenna).