The Wilds

Reactions:

Re: The Wilds

Post by Guest »

You know, I’ve been thinking maybe Martha won’t have a good reaction to Shoni. Not because of any weird homophobic reasons but maybe because of the circumstances stances they are in and because she’ll be the third wheel. If Shoni keep things hidden for a while or on the DL and Martha finds out accidentally, I could see her being hurt and a little peeved that her best friend and the girl she’s connected to the most, not to mention the two she thought hated each other, are sneaking around behind everyone’s back. I could also see her (or maybe even Dot) being concerned that maybe that two starting a relationship when they’re in such a dire place and time might not be the smartest. They’re facing life and death every day and if they break up or have drama than it makes for bad dynamics and they already face enough issues just trying to survive the island.

That said, I think Martha would eventually come around and if Shoni go long term or continue post-island, the three of them become a pseudo family to each other. I’m just thinking Shoni will face drama and one way may be shifting dynamics and possible uneasy-ness between characters. Like forcing Toni to be either at odds with Martha or uncomfortable-ness and Shelby being caught in the middle and feeling guilty.

Whatever happens I can’t wait to see the others reactions when they’re relationship is revealed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 17:41
space au updated! lmao all we need is a curtain call update.. 🤞
https://archiveofourown.org/works/29722 ... s/78944392

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought this was abandoned! Yesterday the actors AU, today space AU. Is it the luckiest week of the year?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 21:27
You know, I’ve been thinking maybe Martha won’t have a good reaction to Shoni. Not because of any weird homophobic reasons but maybe because of the circumstances stances they are in and because she’ll be the third wheel. If Shoni keep things hidden for a while or on the DL and Martha finds out accidentally, I could see her being hurt and a little peeved that her best friend and the girl she’s connected to the most, not to mention the two she thought hated each other, are sneaking around behind everyone’s back. I could also see her (or maybe even Dot) being concerned that maybe that two starting a relationship when they’re in such a dire place and time might not be the smartest. They’re facing life and death every day and if they break up or have drama than it makes for bad dynamics and they already face enough issues just trying to survive the island.

That said, I think Martha would eventually come around and if Shoni go long term or continue post-island, the three of them become a pseudo family to each other. I’m just thinking Shoni will face drama and one way may be shifting dynamics and possible uneasy-ness between characters. Like forcing Toni to be either at odds with Martha or uncomfortable-ness and Shelby being caught in the middle and feeling guilty.

Whatever happens I can’t wait to see the others reactions when they’re relationship is revealed.
I believe that Martha will cause a problems for Shoni but I think it’s because Martha will start to go crazy as time will go(after the goat and the acceptance of her being sexually abused) and it will make it difficult for Toni.also that’s why she probably isn’t in the interviews

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 17:41
space au updated! lmao all we need is a curtain call update.. 🤞
https://archiveofourown.org/works/29722 ... s/78944392
Hell yeah.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 21:54
Guest wrote:

I believe that Martha will cause a problems for Shoni but I think it’s because Martha will start to go crazy as time will go(after the goat and the acceptance of her being sexually abused) and it will make it difficult for Toni.also that’s why she probably isn’t in the interviews
Definitely can see Martha go all bad from the good girl and maybe turn on Shelby which cause Tensions between Toni and Shelby.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 22:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Definitely can see Martha go all bad from the good girl and maybe turn on Shelby which cause Tensions between Toni and Shelby.
That's completely out of character for Martha

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is cute

Guest_cute
Reactions:

Post by Guest_cute »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 00:04
This is cute
It really is super cute!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This is going to have to happen via someone and not just because it makes sense for growth but because of the perjury thing. I was thinking about it recently. That she has perjured herself came about from Young looking in the box - either the box contained evidence of discussion of the subject which was then pieced together with her existing file, which would have included reference to the trail, and 'perjury' is his conclusion, or the box contained reference to a legal conclusion of perjury.

I know there's been debate on how much perjury of the 'lied that I wasn't molested' kind (as opposed to 'lied that this man molested me when he never kind) could possibly turn the situation in Gretchen's favor, but it would be even less useful to her if the courts already know Martha gave false testimony.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

This is cute
Not sure if it's just the picture editing, but does Shannon really have two different colored eyes?

I myself have a condition where my irises are primarily blue with the slightest bit of brown around my pupils.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 07:17
Guest wrote:

This is cute
Not sure if it's just the picture editing, but does Shannon really have two different colored eyes?

I myself have a condition where my irises are primarily blue with the slightest bit of brown around my pupils.
I think it's your eyesight. Dot's eyes are the same color in that pic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 07:37
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This is cute

Here's a closer look...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 03:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This is going to have to happen via someone and not just because it makes sense for growth but because of the perjury thing. I was thinking about it recently. That she has perjured herself came about from Young looking in the box - either the box contained evidence of discussion of the subject which was then pieced together with her existing file, which would have included reference to the trail, and 'perjury' is his conclusion, or the box contained reference to a legal conclusion of perjury.

I know there's been debate on how much perjury of the 'lied that I wasn't molested' kind (as opposed to 'lied that this man molested me when he never kind) could possibly turn the situation in Gretchen's favor, but it would be even less useful to her if the courts already know Martha gave false testimony.
I really does depend on her age, and how much of an impact she had on the arrest, charge and conviction on him. If Martha lied about him doing it, in terms in he never touched her, can give his lawyer some grounds for appeal. If she lied and he did do it to her as well, if they had a conviction again highly unlikely they come after a charge.

In her case there's other things to charge her with, giving a false statement, perverting the course of justice, yet again her age really does depend on it, cause pretty much over 12 they can, between 16-17 they could treat her as an adult.

So I don't think what gretchen will be threatening would be a criminal conviction, it'll be more Martha wouldn't want it coming out what the doctor did do to her.

In terms of Martha being a problem between shoni. The only think I can see is Martha straight up ignored shelby after the homophobic comment. I can see her either thinking she's using Toni, cause Toni falls hard and quickly, or she thinks she was used to get to Toni. Her ignoring or being frosty with shelby are in character. And if she is ignoring shelby and telling Toni one of them was used, I can see to I and Martha having a issue.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 09:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I really does depend on her age, and how much of an impact she had on the arrest, charge and conviction on him. If Martha lied about him doing it, in terms in he never touched her, can give his lawyer some grounds for appeal. If she lied and he did do it to her as well, if they had a conviction again highly unlikely they come after a charge.

In her case there's other things to charge her with, giving a false statement, perverting the course of justice, yet again her age really does depend on it, cause pretty much over 12 they can, between 16-17 they could treat her as an adult.

So I don't think what gretchen will be threatening would be a criminal conviction, it'll be more Martha wouldn't want it coming out what the doctor did do to her.

In terms of Martha being a problem between shoni. The only think I can see is Martha straight up ignored shelby after the homophobic comment. I can see her either thinking she's using Toni, cause Toni falls hard and quickly, or she thinks she was used to get to Toni. Her ignoring or being frosty with shelby are in character. And if she is ignoring shelby and telling Toni one of them was used, I can see to I and Martha having a issue.
I got to see a lot of Martha theories almost al of them talking about something bad will happen to her(dead injured coma crazy lost) but I have to say that it’s so weird to me that Toni was so calm in her interview if somthing like this happen to Martha.. so I clearly thing Martha will be ok. Definitely not dead.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 07:48
Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 07:37
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This is cute

Here's a closer look...

You edited that =_=

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Except she didn't. When Toni asked Martha if she could bring Shelby along on their food hunt, Martha was so pleased and happy about it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 12:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Except she didn't. When Toni asked Martha if she could bring Shelby along on their food hunt, Martha was so pleased and happy about it.
Why we even thinking it’s Martha will be the one that will cause problems for shoni I don’t understand

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

They had all forgiven shelby before this. So yes she did. When they were washing clothes she was cold towards shelby. Dot had to tell Martha to thank shelby, Shelby had her break down and they all started being friendly to her again.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 12:35
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

They had all forgiven shelby before this. So yes she did. When they were washing clothes she was cold towards shelby. Dot had to tell Martha to thank shelby, Shelby had her break down and they all started being friendly to her again.
Sure, but OP was using that to say she's going to be a problem for shoni as if Martha hasn't already moved on from that sentiment.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 12:27
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Why we even thinking it’s Martha will be the one that will cause problems for shoni I don’t understand
Because they can't come up with any other scenario that would cause Shoni so much PAIN that would break them up. It has to be something traumatic and they come up with Martha.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 12:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Because they can't come up with any other scenario that would cause Shoni so much PAIN that would break them up. It has to be something traumatic and they come up with Martha.
Yeah I get it but why are we sure they break up?

Guestsst
Reactions:

Post by Guestsst »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 12:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I’m still thinking that maybe Marty gets hurts and maybe Toni blames shelby because how does Shelby hurt her knee, we still have yet to see. Like either Shelby back tracks on being with Toni once she realizes they will be saved or something to do with Martha since that’s the only person Toni cares about

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I’m not sure they’ll breakup. There will be drama because this is a drama tv show, not to mention, teenage drama tv show. So I think things will get rocky, maybe go back and forth for a while. But will they officially breakup for good? That’s a little too early to tell. Only thing I know for certain there will be angst and the easiest way to do that is to shake up the dynamics of the girls. Martha would be a good conduit for that because she’s got connections to both characters.

On a different note, when Shelby asks to “see her” in her interview and the agents assume she’s speaking about Toni, could it be possible that they assume that because she has been asking to see Toni? Not sure why the agents would reveal that they know about her and Toni if she hasn’t told them about them, unless the others did off screen and the agents are using that to try to make Shelby uncomfortable. I do like the theory that Shelby realizes in that moment that the agents are playing them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:eyeroll:
We know Shoni is end game. Sarah S basically said they are soulmates when she said they'd even be together without an island.

guest...
Reactions:

Post by guest... »

If Shelby starts believing Leah that there's a conspiracy and they're being watched on the island thus losing the freedom it offers, I could see that being the trigger that starts her downward spiral, she'll push Toni away and without her stabilising influence to offset the paranoia and self-loathing Shelby will become increasingly unhinged.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest... wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 14:17
If Shelby starts believing Leah that there's a conspiracy and they're being watched on the island thus losing the freedom it offers, I could see that being the trigger that starts her downward spiral, she'll push Toni away and without her stabilising influence to offset the paranoia and self-loathing Shelby will become increasingly unhinged.
If that's the case then the note is more about a secret message/signal rather then about the conspiracy which is what I think.
All the girls are aware of the experiment and know the bunker-agents are still part of this experiment.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest... wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 14:17
I actually belive Shelby will keep her sanity but will parented like she lost it in the interviews as part of their plans. She and Toni probably have a lot of tension because of stuff that will happened on the island.

guest44
Reactions:

Post by guest44 »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 18:30
neighbours update

https://archiveofourown.org/works/30822 ... s/76088675
I'm just, jesus, I'm so sad from this chapter

Guest-angst
Reactions:

Post by Guest-angst »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 19:20
Guest wrote:
neighbours update

da me too! the angst is killing me slowly but sweetly!

guestor
Reactions:

Post by guestor »

Guest wrote:

This is cute
I like these better

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
neighbours update

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guestor wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 20:26
Guest wrote:

This is cute
I like these better
Just so you know, they came from amazonprimeus account.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ok but

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest-angst wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 20:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
neighbours update

Much like her first fic, its really well written but the angst is just stretched to unbelievable levels that I can't with how she writes Shelby anymore. I'd actually like to see more island fics. Bored of closet case Shelby in various situation giving Toni the run around.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 21:04
Guest-angst wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
neighbours update

Much like her first fic, its really well written but the angst is just stretched to unbelievable levels that I can't with how she writes Shelby anymore. I'd actually like to see more island fics. Bored of closet case Shelby in various situation giving Toni the run around.
soccer AU where Shelby isn't a closet case.
https://archiveofourown.org/works/31449827

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 Jun 2021, 21:14
Guest wrote:
Guest-angst wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
neighbours update

soccer AU where Shelby isn't a closet case.
https://archiveofourown.org/works/31449827
Just not that into AUs to be honest but might have a look.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So happy that there are so many fic updates but none of them are Curtain Call :bigcry:

Guest.....
Reactions:

Post by Guest..... »

And here i thought we were getting rid of them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Maybe the girls have finished....

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest-angst wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
neighbours update

It's just not all that believable to me that she'd go through with the wedding when the guy is verbally and physically abusive. She clearly can't stand him. If she's so worried about what her parents think, it would make more sense for her to tell them that's why it didn't work out, and instead find a nice guy who'd be willing to pose as a beard. That part is just too unrealistic.

Guest-spoilers
Reactions:

Post by Guest-spoilers »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 09:29
Guest wrote:
Guest-angst wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
neighbours update

DA Duuuuudeeee! Spoilers!

Gueststst
Reactions:

Post by Gueststst »

Guest..... wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 07:37

This is the boys season lmaoo what a shit show it will be. Well the girls definitely there on paid vacation because they just film like 3 days and that’s it. The boys have been non stop what so ever. This will be like their 3rd week in a row because last week even though the girls were filming so were they. And if they are staying in the villa’s means they will be there all week filming island scenes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest..... wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 07:37

:eyeroll:
You are just fooling yourselves. We've already been told by the boys they are there through August.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What is Toni and Martha song?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 14:05
What is Toni and Martha song?
I think it's Juicy by Notorious B.I.G

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest-angst wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
neighbours update

i wouldn’t say well written i can’t get past the inability to properly punctuate speech. i can overlook it when reading the smut but not when it’s meant to be a real hard hitting story. can’t make myself care about toni or shelby in fics when they’re written this way. shelby so unlikable and toni so pathetic.

Guest - don't be an asshat
Reactions:

Post by Guest - don't be an asshat »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 03:32
Guest wrote:
Guest-angst wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
neighbours update

i wouldn’t say well written i can’t get past the inability to properly punctuate speech. i can overlook it when reading the smut but not when it’s meant to be a real hard hitting story. can’t make myself care about toni or shelby in fics when they’re written this way. shelby so unlikable and toni so pathetic.
DA

I haven't noticed too much of that. Actually, she's doing quite a good job comparing to many others out there. But that's really beside the point. The point is that it's a freaking fanfiction, not a professionally edited and proofread classic piece.

I'm not sure what some of you really expect from a non-professional writers that do this as a hobby, in their spare time and for free. If you want "perfection", go to the bookstore (although, you will find grammatical errors and missed punctuation in those too, sometimes).

Everyone is welcome to express their opinion on fanfics, and that's fair game, but I really do not appreciate it when people basically piss on fanfic writers, who put in the time and the effort to give us these stories, without getting anything in return apart from maybe a few nice comments.

P.S. English is my third language, so feel free to be an asshat about my grammar and punctuation in this post, too.

Guest-ironic
Reactions:

Post by Guest-ironic »

Guest - don't be an asshat wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 04:47
Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 03:32
Guest wrote:
Guest-angst wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

I haven't noticed too much of that. Actually, she's doing quite a good job comparing to many others out there. But that's really beside the point. The point is that it's a freaking fanfiction, not a professionally edited and proofread classic piece.

I'm not sure what some of you really expect from a non-professional writers that do this as a hobby, in their spare time and for free. If you want "perfection", go to the bookstore (although, you will find grammatical errors and missed punctuation in those too, sometimes).

Everyone is welcome to express their opinion on fanfics, and that's fair game, but I really do not appreciate it when people basically piss on fanfic writers, who put in the time and the effort to give us these stories, without getting anything in return apart from maybe a few nice comments.

P.S. English is my third language, so feel free to be an asshat about my grammar and punctuation in this post, too.
QMTA as I have just noticed that, in the bold sentence above, you didn't punctuate properly, so that's like super ironic!