Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 21:37
Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 21:27
Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 21:22
Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 20:47
has anyone read jcat’s bring it on fic? is it any good?
it was cute. had a lot of cheerleading references obviously but you could follow the story even without understanding them.
I agree. It was a light and fluffy read but I really liked it. It got overlooked during the old flame hype imo.
link?
https://archiveofourown.org/works/43448 ... /109226377

Reactions:

Re: The Wilds

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 21:20
Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 21:03
Guest wrote:
29 May 2023, 13:40
Guest wrote:
29 May 2023, 10:37
Guest wrote:
29 May 2023, 01:07

Fatins attitude toward Leah was because of how she behaved toward Rachel, who literally just lost her sister. She wasn't just mean to be mean... she was protecting Rachel. How they've written her in the zine so far feels very mean. And are they planning to have her apologize to Toni and Shelby for this behavior? Remains to be seen, but so far I'm not a big fan. Fatins my favorite character so much like the Shelby fans here, I don't particularly like seeing her be so mean.

The hair thing is weird too but I can overlook it.
She is trying to protect herself and the girls on the zine if you really think about it. She is afraid shelby wont help them in the court.
But Shelby hasn't done anything wrong to get that kind of reaction from Fatin (unlike Leah who actually DID do something wrong by yelling at Rachel). Shelby is innocent. Unless you agree with the posters here that they're setting Shelby up to be the villain again, which yawn. Do something new.
Do go ad hominem here. We are talking about characters, so just stick with this.

And besides that, I don't support Fatin's reaction, but it's a reaction that is supported in the canon world and she has a reason to doubt that Shelby will testify (shelby is not talking to any of them, even toni). If a tons of money would be jeopardized, I would freak out too. Maybe not in a violent manner, like Fatin, but I can understand being afraid of losing the case, the money and feeling un-vindicated bc a friend choose to prioritize herself and not the whole group.

Finally, what I am saying is that the zine is doing a more complex job than some people think and is not even in the middle of it. So I find some critics unjustified. Others like Fatin's hair I understand, but others like "shelby is being treated just like the worst fics" arent a true reflection what I'm reading.
But it’s not so simple to say Shelby’s just choosing “to prioritize herself and not the whole group.” Her family is abusive, and the girls have no idea what they’ve done to her or how bad things have gotten since the island. I just don’t buy that any of them would blame her or be angry with her instead of being worried for her.

And as others have said, if the intention is to say that Shelby has done something wrong here, then it’d just fall back into the narrative of Shelby being the one to hurt the other girls. Maybe it wouldn’t be as bad as the way some fics go about it, but it’d still be regurgitating that same tired idea. Like I’m just not interested in seeing any of her friends hate her, especially considering it almost always seems to be her that’s singled out while the rest of the girls continue to be close.

It’s true we don’t know where they’re going with this, but it just feels to me like if Shelby’s framed to be in the wrong, then it’ll be unfair to her character; and if Shelby’s not framed to be in the wrong, then it’ll be unfair to Fatin’s character

Yeah, exactly this. Right now if Shelby is being set up to betray the girls like Fatin keeps trying to insist, then that's unfair to Shelby's character and a massive disservice to her. If Fatin is wrong, then they've done a disservice to Fatin and made her not only wrong, but downright mean to one of her best friends, who Fatin knows has a horrible family life. Hell, of any of the girls, Fatin should know what a horrible relationship with your parents can do to you. Not to mention the shit Fatin's said to Toni, which Toni also doesn't deserve. Either way, someone comes out ooc and I have little faith it'll be done well unless Fatin does a massive turn around and apologizes for how she's been behaving.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 21:30
Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 21:05
Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 20:47
has anyone read jcat’s bring it on fic? is it any good?
I've just read the last "issue" of midnight's anthology and I like it. Its cute and fluffy, just like a first love portrait should be. And tbh, all midnights anthology chapters are good.
Midnights is by the author of 3 Weeks who is also named Cat but not jcat.
Yeah, I came back here to correct my error, but you came first. Thanks lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
29 May 2023, 01:07

Fatins attitude toward Leah was because of how she behaved toward Rachel, who literally just lost her sister. She wasn't just mean to be mean... she was protecting Rachel. How they've written her in the zine so far feels very mean. And are they planning to have her apologize to Toni and Shelby for this behavior? Remains to be seen, but so far I'm not a big fan. Fatins my favorite character so much like the Shelby fans here, I don't particularly like seeing her be so mean.

The hair thing is weird too but I can overlook it.
She is trying to protect herself and the girls on the zine if you really think about it. She is afraid shelby wont help them in the court.
But Shelby hasn't done anything wrong to get that kind of reaction from Fatin (unlike Leah who actually DID do something wrong by yelling at Rachel). Shelby is innocent. Unless you agree with the posters here that they're setting Shelby up to be the villain again, which yawn. Do something new.
Do go ad hominem here. We are talking about characters, so just stick with this.

And besides that, I don't support Fatin's reaction, but it's a reaction that is supported in the canon world and she has a reason to doubt that Shelby will testify (shelby is not talking to any of them, even toni). If a tons of money would be jeopardized, I would freak out too. Maybe not in a violent manner, like Fatin, but I can understand being afraid of losing the case, the money and feeling un-vindicated bc a friend choose to prioritize herself and not the whole group.

Finally, what I am saying is that the zine is doing a more complex job than some people think and is not even in the middle of it. So I find some critics unjustified. Others like Fatin's hair I understand, but others like "shelby is being treated just like the worst fics" arent a true reflection what I'm reading.
But it’s not so simple to say Shelby’s just choosing “to prioritize herself and not the whole group.” Her family is abusive, and the girls have no idea what they’ve done to her or how bad things have gotten since the island. I just don’t buy that any of them would blame her or be angry with her instead of being worried for her.

And as others have said, if the intention is to say that Shelby has done something wrong here, then it’d just fall back into the narrative of Shelby being the one to hurt the other girls. Maybe it wouldn’t be as bad as the way some fics go about it, but it’d still be regurgitating that same tired idea. Like I’m just not interested in seeing any of her friends hate her, especially considering it almost always seems to be her that’s singled out while the rest of the girls continue to be close.

It’s true we don’t know where they’re going with this, but it just feels to me like if Shelby’s framed to be in the wrong, then it’ll be unfair to her character; and if Shelby’s not framed to be in the wrong, then it’ll be unfair to Fatin’s character
I mean, we just don't know if Fatin didn't or did worry for her. All we know is that toni and dot worried and this put the zine with more layers than most of fics that have "shelby is the villain" problem. Also, I agree that we just don't know what happened, but this is a storytelling debate because is just the fourth zine from 10. We can wait and see or we can make assumptions. Until zine 3 I was expecting other thing from the zine and now I know that I was wrong. So I try to not make assumptions for everything.

And I don't agree that shelby is being framed as to be the wrong. Not after zine 3 and 4, really. But I also don't agree that its unfair to Fatin bc I stand by what I say, Fatin can act in ways that aren't fluffly when she is trying to defend other and in this particular situation on the zine, she is trying to do this. She can be wrong, you know...even on the show she did wrong things, just like leah, shelby, toni and all characters have.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 21:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I mean, we just don't know if Fatin didn't or did worry for her. All we know is that toni and dot worried and this put the zine with more layers than most of fics that have "shelby is the villain" problem. Also, I agree that we just don't know what happened, but this is a storytelling debate because is just the fourth zine from 10. We can wait and see or we can make assumptions. Until zine 3 I was expecting other thing from the zine and now I know that I was wrong. So I try to not make assumptions for everything.

And I don't agree that shelby is being framed as to be the wrong. Not after zine 3 and 4, really. But I also don't agree that its unfair to Fatin bc I stand by what I say, Fatin can act in ways that aren't fluffly when she is trying to defend other and in this particular situation on the zine, she is trying to do this. She can be wrong, you know...even on the show she did wrong things, just like leah, shelby, toni and all characters have.
If Fatin is wrong, they better have her apologize to Shelby and Toni, that's all any of us are saying. Because right now she reads as very mean and ooc and if they plan to have her act that way without any repercussions, then that's bad writing. We'll see how it plays out, but a lot of fans don't have faith because past fics haven't been too great with dealing with Shelby's relationships with the girls.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

are goldfinch’s one shots worth reading? I noticed they have a lot of them but I haven’t read any yet

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

For the Fatin thing and the zine, if it’s treated like the Toni situation she’ll apologize and be forgiven instantly. I was frustrated by that in the zine and would have been very disappointed in s3 if the whole breakup and Toni blaming Shelby thing was so easily swept under the rug. It was one of my fears for s3, that the writers wouldn’t take it very seriously and Shelby getting blamed for another character’s potential death and poor mental health crisis would be rushed through because they wanted to get past that or felt it wasn’t that big of a deal. That Toni would give a meager apology and that would be that. Shoni would just sorta start hanging out with each other again and just fall together. I hope that isn’t the case for the Zine but so far it has been.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 23:32
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

If Fatin is wrong, they better have her apologize to Shelby and Toni, that's all any of us are saying. Because right now she reads as very mean and ooc and if they plan to have her act that way without any repercussions, then that's bad writing. We'll see how it plays out, but a lot of fans don't have faith because past fics haven't been too great with dealing with Shelby's relationships with the girls.
Da I haven't read the zine so this is not in defense of it, but calling something bad writing just because it doesn't align with your moral standards is a tad silly.

I don't remember Fatin apologizing to Leah for threatening to kill her on the show either. Not even after Leah tries to off herself. Fatin gets angry with her instead and says she's done with her, which Toni calls her out for. The closest Fatin comes to apologizing for it is in her conversation with Shelby when she says Leah was right all along, and later when she tells Leah she's the strongest person she knows. That's not an explicit apology though. Fatin even outs Shelby to Martha after promising Shelby she won't say a word, which was not a nice thing to do. Imagine if she had done that off the island where the stakes of outing someone were higher?

I don't get why so many of you keep holding characters to such high standards in fics. Humans are messy and imperfect in real life and the dynamics between them are rarely equal or fair. Why are we now expecting fics and writers to set the gold standard for human behaviour?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 02:39
Guest wrote:
31 May 2023, 23:32
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da I haven't read the zine so this is not in defense of it, but calling something bad writing just because it doesn't align with your moral standards is a tad silly.

I don't remember Fatin apologizing to Leah for threatening to kill her on the show either. Not even after Leah tries to off herself. Fatin gets angry with her instead and says she's done with her, which Toni calls her out for. The closest Fatin comes to apologizing for it is in her conversation with Shelby when she says Leah was right all along, and later when she tells Leah she's the strongest person she knows. That's not an explicit apology though. Fatin even outs Shelby to Martha after promising Shelby she won't say a word, which was not a nice thing to do. Imagine if she had done that off the island where the stakes of outing someone were higher?

I don't get why so many of you keep holding characters to such high standards in fics. Humans are messy and imperfect in real life and the dynamics between them are rarely equal or fair. Why are we now expecting fics and writers to set the gold standard for human behaviour?
It's bad writing because Fatin isn't that much of an asshole. The show never made her out like the zine is. And you bring up how she treated Leah: Fatin was protecting Rachel, who'd just lost her sister when Leah was yelling at her. And when she threatened that she was "done with Leah" - Toni called her out on her bullshit. But you know what else happened? Fatin's entire arc for the rest of the show was her realizing Leah was right and trying to prove it. "Ditto bitch, different her" was all about Fatin owning her mistake and trying to make it up to Leah. If we'd ever gotten a S3, we'd have seen the Fatin telling Leah she was right and further making amends for how she treated her. Because that's good writing. The writers may've dropped the ball on many things, but they didn't when it came to this.

Will the zine do the same? Who knows, but I do know the character I love in the show was never an asshole with the intent to be mean to people who didn't deserve it, and if she was, she owned up to it and made up for her mistakes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 01:00
are goldfinch’s one shots worth reading? I noticed they have a lot of them but I haven’t read any yet
They're usually pretty short, simple reads and all relatively drama free, so if you want something short and sweet, they're good. :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I miss Shelby Goodkind

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

what are some all time favorite shoni fics? and some recent favorites? Prefer M-E rating but will read any

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 15:57
what are some all time favorite shoni fics? and some recent favorites? Prefer M-E rating but will read any
Have you read any before?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 16:52
Guest wrote:
I haven’t, but I looked through the tag. I’m just looking for some favorites to start with

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Love is only a heartbeat away updated. I haven't felt so attached to a shoni fic in a looooong time

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 00:39
Love is only a heartbeat away updated. I haven't felt so attached to a shoni fic in a looooong time
The author came off anonymous and I love that it's the same author who's writing i knew you were trouble. People here like to shit on the latter but I really like that one too. They are one of the few authors who is not afraid to get dark in their fics. The one where Toni ended up in the hospital because of Shelby's dad was so painful though.

I know the author used to be on lchat because they wrote the denture fic and shared it here after someone commented there are no denture fics. If they're still here, hi!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I saw an ao3 user post this thread of heavy Shoni fics that handle the issues with care and I agree that they are all very good if anyone is interested. Few toni pov here too including ‘love is only a heartbeat’ which I’ve seen people saying they don’t get a lot. Anyone else reading these?

Giest
Reactions:

Post by Giest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 01:26
I saw an ao3 user post this thread of heavy Shoni fics that handle the issues with care and I agree that they are all very good if anyone is interested. Few toni pov here too including ‘love is only a heartbeat’ which I’ve seen people saying they don’t get a lot. Anyone else reading these?

Yeah I like/liked all of these. I love when fics incorporate the dark themes cause both characters are so complex w trauma etc. Especially like the ones where they are older and we’re seeing how this materializes in later life

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 01:11
Guest wrote:
The author came off anonymous and I love that it's the same author who's writing i knew you were trouble. People here like to shit on the latter but I really like that one too. They are one of the few authors who is not afraid to get dark in their fics. The one where Toni ended up in the hospital because of Shelby's dad was so painful though.

I know the author used to be on lchat because they wrote the denture fic and shared it here after someone commented there are no denture fics. If they're still here, hi!
The fact they're writing both gives me a lot of hope that i knew you were trouble will get the ending it needs, with all of Toni’s behaviors explored and hopefully resolved well.

I wonder if there will eventually be a confrontation in love is only a heartbeat away with Shelby’s POS ex finding them somehow. I want to see protective Toni but it would be heart-wrenching to see Shelby and her son in physical danger after finally finding safety

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Giest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 01:40
Guest wrote:

Yeah I like/liked all of these. I love when fics incorporate the dark themes cause both characters are so complex w trauma etc. Especially like the ones where they are older and we’re seeing how this materializes in later life
they’re all quite balanced too actually. i like the alterate canon ones that explore Shelby actually being sent to conversion therapy and her becca trauma. I’m not a fan of erasing becca I do understand why but it’s a huge part of her story

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:dance2:
Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 01:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The fact they're writing both gives me a lot of hope that i knew you were trouble will get the ending it needs, with all of Toni’s behaviors explored and hopefully resolved well.

I wonder if there will eventually be a confrontation in love is only a heartbeat away with Shelby’s POS ex finding them somehow. I want to see protective Toni but it would be heart-wrenching to see Shelby and her son in physical danger after finally finding safety
tbh i’d rather toni’s hero moments come from her helping them grow and recover, without a huge dramatic showdown. my first ex was emotionally abusive and i always feel let down when fics try to deal with domestic violence but this fic is so authentic. the part about kate making Shelby feel like/telling her she’s not a “real” person until she can't be one is so accurate

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 04:59
Giest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 01:40
Guest wrote:

they’re all quite balanced too actually. i like the alterate canon ones that explore Shelby actually being sent to conversion therapy and her becca trauma. I’m not a fan of erasing becca I do understand why but it’s a huge part of her story
Would also recommend these for anyone looking for something a little deeper than surface level shoni characterization and dynamics! But some difficult themes

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 08:45
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

tbh i’d rather toni’s hero moments come from her helping them grow and recover, without a huge dramatic showdown. my first ex was emotionally abusive and i always feel let down when fics try to deal with domestic violence but this fic is so authentic. the part about kate making Shelby feel like/telling her she’s not a “real” person until she can't be one is so accurate
i agree!

and also sometimes i think the whole toni protecting shelby thing is overblown. to be clear, i’m not saying i have a problem with toni standing up for shelby. when done well, it’s really nice to see! it’s just that sometimes it feels like the moments that should be shelby’s end up becoming toni’s. and then a lot of shelby’s trauma sort of becomes just an avenue for toni to protect her. like when the show got canceled, i remember seeing a few people upset that they’d never get to see toni confront dave. and i just found that kind of surprising because i feel like ultimately that moment should be shelby’s (though i wouldn’t have a problem with toni adding her two cents afterward!). i guess what i’m saying is overall i think it’s important that if shelby’s trauma is included/explored, first and foremost it should be her that gains the confidence to stand up for herself (ideally with toni there as moral support!) and not for it to always be made into a ship thing where another person comes in to “protect” her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 15:03
Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2023, 08:45
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

i agree!

and also sometimes i think the whole toni protecting shelby thing is overblown. to be clear, i’m not saying i have a problem with toni standing up for shelby. when done well, it’s really nice to see! it’s just that sometimes it feels like the moments that should be shelby’s end up becoming toni’s. and then a lot of shelby’s trauma sort of becomes just an avenue for toni to protect her. like when the show got canceled, i remember seeing a few people upset that they’d never get to see toni confront dave. and i just found that kind of surprising because i feel like ultimately that moment should be shelby’s (though i wouldn’t have a problem with toni adding her two cents afterward!). i guess what i’m saying is overall i think it’s important that if shelby’s trauma is included/explored, first and foremost it should be her that gains the confidence to stand up for herself (ideally with toni there as moral support!) and not for it to always be made into a ship thing where another person comes in to “protect” her
DA I always felt like a lot of that 'Toni would confront Dave' stuff was rooted more in her evident hotheadedness than in her evident protectiveness. So imo, if we are to let Toni go on a journey of her own, to match that Shelby herself is on a journey, then Toni really ought to be growing out of the idea that any good can come from 'solutions' like picking fights with three grown men in parking lots. A growing Toni for me is a Toni who learns when and how to fight her battles. I don't think she would be confronting Dave at all. I imagine her role to be far more of a supportive one than anything else, in that she encourages Shelby to stand up for herself and confront Dave, while emphasizing that the confrontation being outright confrontational is probably not the best game plan.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

has anyone read secret signs?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 12:23
i did for a while when it was coming out but it quickly got too long and quite boring for me personally

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 15:19
Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2023, 12:23
i did for a while when it was coming out but it quickly got too long and quite boring for me personally
Yeah I felt the same. I read the newest chapter anyway though lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

the authors of XOXO came back on the comments section and informed that they will be posting another chapter!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2023, 17:54
the authors of XOXO came back on the comments section and informed that they will be posting another chapter!
I am very excited that it's coming back. Hoping picking up the pieces comes back too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

New anon fic!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 13:02
New anon fic!
Worth reading? I'm wary of anon fics after the flight attendant and sleepy head debacles

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 14:37
Guest wrote:
New anon fic!
Worth reading? I'm wary of anon fics after the flight attendant and sleepy head debacles
i liked it. no jump scares like in the other 2 lol. liked the lesbian references and feels fun and different at least for now

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
New anon fic!
flight attendant?…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 17:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I haven’t, but I looked through the tag. I’m just looking for some favorites to start with
All time fandom favorites are Say It Out Loud and Be My Someday. They are both high school AUs by the same author and they are kind of "the standard" for shoni fics. Old Flame (fire fighter toni, country artist shelby) is incomplete but is only missing an epilogue - very good but very long.

Most authors are only posting short stories and oneshots right now. If you want something long, Cowboy Like Me is very good and a crowd favorite. It's a Ted Lasso inspired AU and doesn't stick closely to the series plot. It isn't complete but it would be surprising to see it abandoned. America's Sweetheart is an original AU and was recently completed. Well liked but is pwp if that isn't your thing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 16:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
New anon fic!
flight attendant?…
Deleted before most people could read it. The one posted today gives a similar vibe but could also give the vibe of the cowboy author writing toni's pov

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 16:37
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
New anon fic!
flight attendant?…
Deleted before most people could read it. The one posted today gives a similar vibe but could also give the vibe of the cowboy author writing toni's pov
I don’t think we should guess who anon authors are because it can scare writers off and make them pull their work

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 16:34
Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2023, 17:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
All time fandom favorites are Say It Out Loud and Be My Someday. They are both high school AUs by the same author and they are kind of "the standard" for shoni fics. Old Flame (fire fighter toni, country artist shelby) is incomplete but is only missing an epilogue - very good but very long.

Most authors are only posting short stories and oneshots right now. If you want something long, Cowboy Like Me is very good and a crowd favorite. It's a Ted Lasso inspired AU and doesn't stick closely to the series plot. It isn't complete but it would be surprising to see it abandoned. America's Sweetheart is an original AU and was recently completed. Well liked but is pwp if that isn't your thing.
as far as recent go I’d second cowboy like me and americas sweetheart. there have been a lot of one shots lately too that are pretty cute and easy reads.

let the world turn, never ending pasta bowl, if a tree falls, and plenty of others if you haven’t read much of Shoni fic yet!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2023, 14:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
New anon fic!
i liked it. no jump scares like in the other 2 lol. liked the lesbian references and feels fun and different at least for now
I just read and really liked it. I always thought sex worker Shelby would be difficult to get right given her story but the way they’ve set it up and context feels like it works

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
New anon fic!
flight attendant?…
Controversial because Shelby was written to have had sex w trans men and Toni used they/them as well as she/her pronouns in it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 07:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
New anon fic!
flight attendant?…
Controversial because Shelby was written to have had sex w trans men and Toni used they/them as well as she/her pronouns in it
The flight attendant fic not the new one

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jun 2023, 02:09
For the Fatin thing and the zine, if it’s treated like the Toni situation she’ll apologize and be forgiven instantly. I was frustrated by that in the zine and would have been very disappointed in s3 if the whole breakup and Toni blaming Shelby thing was so easily swept under the rug. It was one of my fears for s3, that the writers wouldn’t take it very seriously and Shelby getting blamed for another character’s potential death and poor mental health crisis would be rushed through because they wanted to get past that or felt it wasn’t that big of a deal. That Toni would give a meager apology and that would be that. Shoni would just sorta start hanging out with each other again and just fall together. I hope that isn’t the case for the Zine but so far it has been.
Maybe we are reading different zines so.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 07:57
Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 07:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
New anon fic!
flight attendant?…
The flight attendant fic not the new one
So women then?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

badmean posted a curiouscat for anyone that was wanting to ask any questions btw

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2023, 20:48
badmean posted a curiouscat for anyone that was wanting to ask any questions btw
she said doesn’t have a specific fic planned after cowboy but has some ideas. chapter count is increasing by 5.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

jcat posted a curiouscat too. she said she’s working on another multichapter but didn’t say anything about what it will be. she did say she will take suggestions for shorter fics until she’s ready to post it though

gsijdfvsd
Reactions:

Post by gsijdfvsd »

did sarah striker ever release her plans for the rest of the show? i remember she said she would after the cancellation news dropped but i haven't been keeping up with tw

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

gsijdfvsd wrote:
17 Jun 2023, 18:36
did sarah striker ever release her plans for the rest of the show? i remember she said she would after the cancellation news dropped but i haven't been keeping up with tw
No. She asked fans to send in questions then somebody brought Amy into the mix and Streicher never followed through.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Did the boxer/ring girl fic get deleted? Anyone have a link?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Jun 2023, 08:56
Did the boxer/ring girl fic get deleted? Anyone have a link?
the author deleted all their works

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Has amster(damn) been vetted? It’s got 2 chapters now so I’m going to give it a go if no nasty surprises :D