Maya and Carina - Station 19

Reactions:

Maya and Carina - Station 19

Post by Guest »

THREAD RULES

- This is a Maya & Carina thread. Stay on topic and do not try to make this thread about somebody else (Other Characters, Actresses' personal lives, etc). The focus of every conversation should be about the characters Maya & Carina.
- No OT Talk.
- Discussion of romantic/sexual relationships with men is not permitted.
- Respect their family/friends privacy!
- No bashing between yourselves.
- Do not reply to yourselves.
- Discussion and disagreement is accepted. Shit stirring, concern trolling, and provocations are not.
- Ignore the trolls. Don't reply or quote, just report.

Guest6483
Reactions:

Re: Maya and Carina Station 19

Post by Guest6483 »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 04:43
It’s so interesting to me how if Amelia and Carina actually did get together, Maya and Carina would never have been a thing. Or maybe they would have been, down the line in a season or two. But I remember thinking they wouldn’t last after they pulled that stunt with Jack and I wasn’t interested in them together anymore but they made it work and now they’re the main reason I watch the show. Carina is just so charming and I’m glad they’re writing her with an actual personality and not just a sexy saint who never gets mad and is always there for Maya. But even when she’s angry, she’s nice—like her conversation with Jack, she could have been way harsher with him but she let him off easy. Had it been the other way round, Maya wouldn’t have let Jack off like that, let alone given him advice. I like that that plot is resolved though, finally, even if it was a bit late.
That’s why maya and carina balance each other out so well! They are so different in how they handle people and situations yet when it comes to each other they know what they other needs.

guest11111
Reactions:

Post by guest11111 »

What if Stefania is leaving the show after this season? That could be the reason they pull the Carina going back to Italy storyline, with her being absent the next season or at least some episodes? And Maya ends up staying at the station?
Don't know why she could possibly leave since she just became a regular, but could be a reason.

Guestttttt
Reactions:

Post by Guestttttt »

guest11111 wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 13:55
What if Stefania is leaving the show after this season? That could be the reason they pull the Carina going back to Italy storyline, with her being absent the next season or at least some episodes? And Maya ends up staying at the station?
Don't know why she could possibly leave since she just became a regular, but could be a reason.
I really hope not, Stefania has given no indication of wanting to leave. She seems very happy. What would she do after this? She is aware that because of her accent she is limited and talked about how much of a struggle she’s gone through even booking jobs, being a regular on a shonda land show is not something you give up that quickly.

guest11111
Reactions:

Post by guest11111 »

Guestttttt wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 14:09
guest11111 wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 13:55
I really hope not, Stefania has given no indication of wanting to leave. She seems very happy. What would she do after this? She is aware that because of her accent she is limited and talked about how much of a struggle she’s gone through even booking jobs, being a regular on a shonda land show is not something you give up that quickly.
Yeah thats true. I hope you're right.

Guest Guest
Reactions:

Post by Guest Guest »

If she leaves the show what she gonna do?

Guestyo
Reactions:

Post by Guestyo »

I really hope when the promo is posted sometime this week that they show a snippet of maya and carina. I am beyond curious to know what their discussion is about.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestyo wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 01:36
I really hope when the promo is posted sometime this week that they show a snippet of maya and carina. I am beyond curious to know what their discussion is about.
They rarely show them in promos so i doubt it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestyo wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 01:36
I honestly doubt it will end up being anything that serious. The show lovea to hype up drama in synopsis' and previews and it usually ends up being nothing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Am I the only one who thinks the show is trashy but can't stop watching? hahaha

Meagain
Reactions:

Post by Meagain »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 02:25
I totally agree that it is totally trashy and like a day-time soap, like Grey's but I keep watching. I am new to the show. Wasting have noticed is that season one and 2 were not great. The acting and situations felt off to me. Even our beloved Danielle's acting was not great those first 2 seasons and the dialogue did not help. In season 3 they seem to have hit their stride. Don't come at me! I know we worship Danielle. I just think her acting and the dialogue has greatly improved.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Trashy, no. Easy watching, yeah. Just like Greys’ Anatomy, it’s a soap opera and I used to get annoyed at some of the drama but now I’m used to it. I don’t expect too much, especially with how everyone’s relationships seems to up for grabs or breakups or death, but it’s fun to watch and speculate. Also Marina is just plain cute, as long as they keep them together, I can look past the bad writing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Meagain wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 03:05
Guest wrote:
I totally agree that it is totally trashy and like a day-time soap, like Grey's but I keep watching. I am new to the show. Wasting have noticed is that season one and 2 were not great. The acting and situations felt off to me. Even our beloved Danielle's acting was not great those first 2 seasons and the dialogue did not help. In season 3 they seem to have hit their stride. Don't come at me! I know we worship Danielle. I just think her acting and the dialogue has greatly improved.
i feel the opposite way, I really liked the first two seasons! the team was close, there were actual fires and there wasn’t as much random drama that went nowhere. my only issue with those seasons is that there was way too much focus on Andy, but they’ve found a good balance now. ive seen a lot of people saying Maya got interesting once she started dating Carina but to me, she got better once they stopped making her be in Andy’s shadow and actually gave her a storyline of her own. the acting I guess is a matter of opinion, I think she’s one of the best including Stefania, Barrett and Jay Harden. but I like it when everyone has more comedic scenes because the writing for dramatic scenes is so extra sometimes it’s hard to take seriously lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 03:07
Guest wrote:
Trashy, no. Easy watching, yeah. Just like Greys’ Anatomy, it’s a soap opera and I used to get annoyed at some of the drama but now I’m used to it. I don’t expect too much, especially with how everyone’s relationships seems to up for grabs or breakups or death, but it’s fun to watch and speculate. Also Marina is just plain cute, as long as they keep them together, I can look past the bad writing.
Sorry but Grey's is superior the cases the drama are never ridiculous like the CGI tiger S19 had wtf was that? the combination of drama and comedy and chemistry between the cast GA had is legendary. Station 19 has a chance to bank on that ensemble cast chemistry, Maya Vic Travis and Miller can provide some amazing entertaining scenes but instead they decided to make Andy the lead and she and the actress who play her are awful. Ellen is an amazing lead and has amazing backing cast they are charismatic and can pull it off, Jaina is just flat. Hope Krista realizes that and fixes it even if she has to push her to the background since she dgaf about anyone when she's trying to cut corners for her shows.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I agree with you, I think the show got interesting when it stopped focusing on Andy. Marina and Travic are my favs

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dear God they also need to cut the preaching, the way the characters erupt in monologues is so fake and doesn't resonate at all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 03:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Sorry but Grey's is superior the cases the drama are never ridiculous like the CGI tiger S19 had wtf was that? the combination of drama and comedy and chemistry between the cast GA had is legendary. Station 19 has a chance to bank on that ensemble cast chemistry, Maya Vic Travis and Miller can provide some amazing entertaining scenes but instead they decided to make Andy the lead and she and the actress who play her are awful. Ellen is an amazing lead and has amazing backing cast they are charismatic and can pull it off, Jaina is just flat. Hope Krista realizes that and fixes it even if she has to push her to the background since she dgaf about anyone when she's trying to cut corners for her shows.
I used to love Grey's, I get what you say, but after most of the cast left, I can't feel that legendary chemistry anymore. S19 might be ridiculous sometimes, but the characters are getting along very well, except for Andy, but who's she?, no one gaf about her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 03:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I used to love Grey's, I get what you say, but after most of the cast left, I can't feel that legendary chemistry anymore. S19 might be ridiculous sometimes, but the characters are getting along very well, except for Andy, but who's she?, no one gaf about her.
GA definitely changed after the originals left and it's hard to replicate chemistry like that. God Andy sucks i can't stand her, and Surrera don't have any chemistry you can feel that Boris isn't into it at all.

Guest35982
Reactions:

Post by Guest35982 »

Honestly, I get why they made Jaina the lead( more credit to her name) but I really wish Barrett was, she much more charming and honestly, a better actor, Vic would have been great at lead!
I only watch for Travic and marina at this point.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest35982 wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 03:59
Honestly, I get why they made Jaina the lead( more credit to her name) but I really wish Barrett was, she much more charming and honestly, a better actor, Vic would have been great at lead!
I love Barrett, she's the definition of charming you just can't help but enjoy everything she provides with Vic. The character is funny attractive compassionate and so interesting it pains me to see how they ignore her. Her being a lead would have been a dream imo, but racism and shit i guess.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 04:28
Guest35982 wrote:
I love Barrett, she's the definition of charming you just can't help but enjoy everything she provides with Vic. The character is funny attractive compassionate and so interesting it pains me to see how they ignore her. Her being a lead would have been a dream imo, but racism and shit i guess.
I’ve seen people say how maya and vic should’ve been best friends instead and I completely agree. Danielle and Barrett are amazing together, they would’ve provided great dramatic and comedic scenes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest35982 wrote:
She's hot too. Too bad she had to be a straight character

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest35982 wrote:
I wish Vic were a lead too. She's so charming and believable, it's just not possible not to root for her. But Danielle once said in their group promotion thing that Jaina had been sweet to reach other cast members via social media to say hi one by one to welcome them to the new show, which I thought then was a sweet gesture too... Anyway, so the production chose Jaina as a lead before anything. I kinda thought at that time they had this idea that S19 had to have a latina lead since Meredith Grey is white and Olivia Pope is black.

Guest Guest
Reactions:

Post by Guest Guest »

They need to make some changes jania and boris ain't it. Boris acting is so lazy. We need more marina and vic scenes.

Guest 1
Reactions:

Post by Guest 1 »

They been having a lot of maya and Jack scenes lately I don't know why they been doing that lol Less carina more jack

Guestyhie
Reactions:

Post by Guestyhie »

Guest 1 wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 13:13
They been having a lot of maya and Jack scenes lately I don't know why they been doing that lol Less carina more jack
Because Danielle and grey have good chemistry (Danielle has chemistry with everyone but Jaina doesn’t lol) and probably leaning towards a jack and maya friendship. I like it, I like them being homies, helping each other out. It’s nothing to worry about.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 04:47
Guest wrote:
Guest35982 wrote:
She's hot too. Too bad she had to be a straight character
Vic as the main lead would be my dream. Every time they give us a little bit more information about her I just want to know more! And yeah, them not making her gay or bi was a giant missed opportunity. Also her and Maya as friends would have been fun. In season 2 when Maya was helping Vic with her fear of fire, those short scenes with them together felt more authentic than an entire season of Maya and Andy’s friendship. When Andy was fighting with Maya about the Captain thing in season 3, I could see her point in some ways but Andy annoyed me so much I didn’t give a fuck. I was on Maya’s side every time lmao. Had it been Vic, I would have actually bought their friendship as real and not just Maya being Andy’s cheerleader so then I would have seen both sides. Instead I just hated that entire plot. Idk, Andy reminds me of Izzie, she’s okay in small doses and as a side character, but I watched the show for Meredith and Cristina and everyone else. But they’re not going to change the lead now and honestly I don’t see this show going on forever like Greys’ Anatomy either, so I’ll take what I can get.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestyhie wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 13:34
Guest 1 wrote:
Because Danielle and grey have good chemistry (Danielle has chemistry with everyone but Jaina doesn’t lol) and probably leaning towards a jack and maya friendship. I like it, I like them being homies, helping each other out. It’s nothing to worry about.
I like their friendship too. I wish they’d made them closer from the beginning instead of that dumb shit they did last season. Their scenes where they’re jokingly making fun of each other or the one where Maya gave him that awkward hug this week are cute. And as long as the writers don’t get crazy and create some love story again(they wouldn’t the Marina fans on Twitter would go crazy lol) I don’t mind them being friends.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 13:43
Guestyhie wrote:
Guest 1 wrote:
I like their friendship too. I wish they’d made them closer from the beginning instead of that dumb shit they did last season. Their scenes where they’re jokingly making fun of each other or the one where Maya gave him that awkward hug this week are cute. And as long as the writers don’t get crazy and create some love story again(they wouldn’t the Marina fans on Twitter would go crazy lol) I don’t mind them being friends.
I don't think they'll try to create another love story there when they're supposed to be fighting their insecurities to be with their now couples. Jack and Maya get along bc they are kind of similar when it comes to trust issues and they are both trying to stop their toxic behaviours. The characters where so specially broken, and now they're trying to heal them. Ruin that would be very stupid and the fans wouldn't like it haha. I personally love watching the scenes where Jack is trying to be a fatherish figure.

Guest Guest
Reactions:

Post by Guest Guest »

Yep agree lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think that friendship is disrespectful to Carina and I don’t like it. Maya always runs to Jack when shit goes wrong. I wouldn’t t be shocked if they sleep together again if maya and carina ever break up. In fact i’m expecting that to happen and she ends up pregnant if this show lasts a couple more seasons. People in this thread are being naive

JaeC
Reactions:

Post by JaeC »

Yea I don't like it either

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 14:25
I think that friendship is disrespectful to Carina and I don’t like it. Maya always runs to Jack when shit goes wrong. I wouldn’t t be shocked if they sleep together again if maya and carina ever break up. In fact i’m expecting that to happen and she ends up pregnant if this show lasts a couple more seasons. People in this thread are being naive
I’m not worried about cheating again but I do think them having any sort of friendship is disrespectful to carina. Had the cheating never happened, I would be all for it, but now everything about it seems wrong. Maya can start to bond with someone else that’s not jack.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yeah you’re right, Grey’s is more a soap opera now, but in the beginning it was really good. It was still dramatic but it had a mix of comedy and drama and they actually did their jobs. The emergencies on Station 19 are so funny because they don’t seem scary at all.

The original actors were also amazing and pulled off the more ridiculous plots. The chemistry of everyone really helped too, even the characters that hated each other. Meredith and Cristinas friendship is still so good, even to this day, with Cristina on another continent. I’ve just never really believed that Andy and Maya were that close. It always seemed like a Andy only liked Maya as long as she was rooting for her. Otherwise, she got mad when Maya tried to do her own thing. But to be fair, GA has had its bad moments too, but it wasn’t until the show had been solidly established for at least 9 seasons that they started with the weird and wild plots(plane crash etc) and dumb storylines. Station 19 got to season 3 and things went off the rails. It’s still fun to watch, but it could be better.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 16:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Yeah you’re right, Grey’s is more a soap opera now, but in the beginning it was really good. It was still dramatic but it had a mix of comedy and drama and they actually did their jobs. The emergencies on Station 19 are so funny because they don’t seem scary at all.

The original actors were also amazing and pulled off the more ridiculous plots. The chemistry of everyone really helped too, even the characters that hated each other. Meredith and Cristinas friendship is still so good, even to this day, with Cristina on another continent. I’ve just never really believed that Andy and Maya were that close. It always seemed like a Andy only liked Maya as long as she was rooting for her. Otherwise, she got mad when Maya tried to do her own thing. But to be fair, GA has had its bad moments too, but it wasn’t until the show had been solidly established for at least 9 seasons that they started with the weird and wild plots(plane crash etc) and dumb storylines. Station 19 got to season 3 and things went off the rails. It’s still fun to watch, but it could be better.
As we don't have any confirmation of the series being renewed for another season, I'm expecting a final crossover where Carina goes to Italy, the plane crashes over GS Memorial while the team of S19 is delivering a patient.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 16:24
Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 16:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

As we don't have any confirmation of the series being renewed for another season, I'm expecting a final crossover where Carina goes to Italy, the plane crashes over GS Memorial while the team of S19 is delivering a patient.
Da Idk why i laughed hard reading this, don't give them ideas y'all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 16:16
Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 14:25
I’m not worried about cheating again but I do think them having any sort of friendship is disrespectful to carina. Had the cheating never happened, I would be all for it, but now everything about it seems wrong. Maya can start to bond with someone else that’s not jack.
They should have never made them cheat since they don’t even really address it and Carina and Maya stayed together anyway. It was the WORST storyline yet. But I don’t think Jack and Maya will ever get romantic again even if Jack becomes single. In a more realistic show, Carina would definitely have a problem with them being friendly. But this is the same show that had Carina take Maya back after one apology and she doesn’t even seem to be bothered about the cheating afterwards. The most we’ve seen is when she cried in front of Jack this week and even that was really because of other things, not just Jack. Maya and Jack also work together, it’s not like they can avoid each other. It isn’t really fair to Carina but really, most of their relationships hasn’t been fair to Carina. They’re writing them better now, but if it wasn’t for the actress’s chemistry, this ship would sink lol.

Guestiguest
Reactions:

Post by Guestiguest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 13:43
Guestyhie wrote:
Guest 1 wrote:
To be fair I would.be more worried about Maya and Andys cousin because she's definatelty hoping to hook up with her based on the last episode and that's whybshe was asking about if she was still with Carina then asking where Maya was again after it when they were talking to Robert.

I agree with what everyone is saying about Andy shouldn't be the lead and she and Robert are boring. I feel that there's nothing else to discover about Andy and there's nothing that she needs to grow as a.person for so it's just the same thing every episode. When Sullivan starts talking her actually.bores me to tears.

I think Vic and Maya could have a more interesting friendship. I.know they are friends but her mian go to is Andy..I loved how Vic whistled when Marina.kissed last episode.

Did anyone else elope it when Maya said honey I'm home. And I was loving Carinas hair that episode too

Guest 1
Reactions:

Post by Guest 1 »

I will like to see if something happens between maya and Andy cousin lol yeah the honey im home was so cute and maya little walk she did.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestiguest wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 19:46

To be fair I would.be more worried about Maya and Andys cousin because she's definatelty hoping to hook up with her based on the last episode and that's whybshe was asking about if she was still with Carina then asking where Maya was again after it when they were talking to Robert.

I agree with what everyone is saying about Andy shouldn't be the lead and she and Robert are boring. I feel that there's nothing else to discover about Andy and there's nothing that she needs to grow as a.person for so it's just the same thing every episode. When Sullivan starts talking her actually.bores me to tears.

I think Vic and Maya could have a more interesting friendship. I.know they are friends but her mian go to is Andy..I loved how Vic whistled when Marina.kissed last episode.

Did anyone else elope it when Maya said honey I'm home. And I was loving Carinas hair that episode too
I don’t think that Andy doesn’t have more story to tell, I just think they aren’t interested in telling any other story but her ‘lovestory’ with Sullivan. They can focus on her mother, her friends, her career, etc. It’s like the writers are forcing her and Sullivan down our throats and waiting for them to take off like Vic and Ripley(who I loved) or Maya and Carina, but so far no one cares. It’s not just the plots that they give them, they aren’t like Meredith and Derek where the chemistry was off the charts and helped with the weaker plots. Andy is dull and Sullivan is a jerk and they don’t act like they genuinely love or even like each other. It’s not believable so I don’t care.

Guesssstttttt
Reactions:

Post by Guesssstttttt »

I can’t figure out where they’re going with the Andy’s cousin storyline, and if anything other than Carina being a little jealous comes out of it that’s gonna be shitty.

I know the ladies (D&S) have been filming together quite a bit in the last couple months, so I’m hopeful Carina doesn’t really go to Italy, and I’m hopeful they don’t break up. They really seem endgame at this point. But I have no idea what’s gonna happen in the last few episodes of this season!

Guesttttttt
Reactions:

Post by Guesttttttt »

Guesssstttttt wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 21:35
I can’t figure out where they’re going with the Andy’s cousin storyline, and if anything other than Carina being a little jealous comes out of it that’s gonna be shitty.

I know the ladies (D&S) have been filming together quite a bit in the last couple months, so I’m hopeful Carina doesn’t really go to Italy, and I’m hopeful they don’t break up. They really seem endgame at this point. But I have no idea what’s gonna happen in the last few episodes of this season!
The only thing I can think of, if they do make something out of Michelle’s crush on maya, is that she may hit on maya and maya turns her down right away. Just to show growth on Maya’s part.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guesttttttt wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 21:41
Guesssstttttt wrote:

The only thing I can think of, if they do make something out of Michelle’s crush on maya, is that she may hit on maya and maya turns her down right away. Just to show growth on Maya’s part.
I highly doubt they'd be bold enough to have Maya cheat again, after that mess last season, but you never know with these writers. The only way I could see something come out of that, is if they were to break up.

Guestttttt
Reactions:

Post by Guestttttt »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 21:49
Guesttttttt wrote:
Guesssstttttt wrote:

I highly doubt they'd be bold enough to have Maya cheat again, after that mess last season, but you never know with these writers. The only way I could see something come out of that, is if they were to break up.
No she would never cheat again. Hence her turning Michelle down the minute she tries to flirt.

Guest112
Reactions:

Post by Guest112 »

Guestttttt wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 21:53
Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2021, 21:49
Guesttttttt wrote:
Guesssstttttt wrote:

No she would never cheat again. Hence her turning Michelle down the minute she tries to flirt.
I look forward to that

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why doesn't this stupid show have a set team of writers? Why do they keep having randoms write episodes? It also seems like it doesn't have a show runner, it's a damn mess all around Krista is probably busy with her new flop and is leaving it be. Late filming, order issues, change of episodes orders, costars publishing their set drama online..etc

Guest Guest
Reactions:

Post by Guest Guest »

Lol right

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guesttttttt wrote:
Guesssstttttt wrote:

I’d love to see them not even bring it up again. It could be funny but how this show loves to make things randomly blow up, who knows. Michelle’s cute though, in an alternate storyline, Maya dating Andy’s cousin, cheating on her and having to deal with the fall out would have been dramatically fun to watch.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is this week's episode Black trauma episode? that and no Marina so if yes i rather skip it.

Guests 2
Reactions:

Post by Guests 2 »

Guest wrote:
13 Apr 2021, 16:09
Is this week's episode Black trauma episode? that and no Marina so if yes i rather skip it.
This week is ice rink call and a pregnant lady at the station as well as maya and carina have a difficult conversation.

Week after is the one where the therapist comes in, so far (and I know it’s not 100% reliable) IMDb has Stefania listed for that episode.