Maya and Carina - Station 19

Reactions:

Re: Maya and Carina Station 19

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 01:10
https://twitter.com/EllenPompeo/status/ ... 7089795076

Does this mean Station 19 will start later as well?
Does it mean they will probably start shooting in October or airing in October? Either way, I preferer it takes longer to come back, if that means that the writing will be better.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 12:22
Guest wrote:

Does it mean they will probably start shooting in October or airing in October? Either way, I preferer it takes longer to come back, if that means that the writing will be better.
X2
This is why I think the shorter longer wait seasons of British television is a better format.

Guest592
Reactions:

Post by Guest592 »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Oh sweetie. No matter what the writing will be the same.
Interesting that she believes grey’s won’t air until October. It’s always (minus covid) been a September premiere show like regular because it’s a full season. If they don’t air until October that means they will run all the way until June/July.
It also means that we may no get station until November which I am not happy about at all.

Guettt
Reactions:

Post by Guettt »

They write episodes as they go, tv is fast and like an assembly line, as one writer finishes up a script another is already working on the next. Them starting later doesn’t change that. They still have to work fast to pump out scripts.
From what I know they are still going back to set end of July early august to start. Not sure when actual filming will begin, I’m assuming they will start having meetings next month. They always bring in each series regular cast member to discuss their overall story arc for the coming season and just to touch base with the actors.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest592 wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 13:55
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Interesting that she believes grey’s won’t air until October. It’s always (minus covid) been a September premiere show like regular because it’s a full season. If they don’t air until October that means they will run all the way until June/July.
It also means that we may no get station until November which I am not happy about at all.
They had the longest hiatus yet last year and the writing was worse than it’s ever been lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 17:19
Guest592 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

They had the longest hiatus yet last year and the writing was worse than it’s ever been lmao
^^^^^ LMAO. seriously, at this point we have to accept that the writing they’ve shown is the standard. it’s been 4 seasons they’re not going to change things up.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 18:12
Guest wrote:
Guest592 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

^^^^^ LMAO. seriously, at this point we have to accept that the writing they’ve shown is the standard. it’s been 4 seasons they’re not going to change things up.
I know I sound naïve, but one can dream of a better storyline. I hope the do right by Marina, at least. :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 20:15
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest592 wrote:
Guest wrote:

I know I sound naïve, but one can dream of a better storyline. I hope the do right by Marina, at least. :nervous:
I actually think Marina is one of the few things they've done pretty well. Maya's character growth has been a big reason why I watch the whole show instead of just edits. There are things here and there with the ship that I'd do a little differently, but compared to the rest of the show they're treated pretty decently. Granted the bar isn't high at all and Stefania and Danielle's chemistry carries a shit ton of the weight. My biggest concern going into next season is that they don't regress Maya. I want her and Carina to work through the whole job situation and not have it be a point of angst and drama.

As for starting date, I would think that's airing in October and not filming. Because Danielle indicated in that last live that they know when they start filming and that she'll be traveling until then, so I doubt it would be all the way into October.

Guestiguest
Reactions:

Post by Guestiguest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 20:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest592 wrote:

I actually think Marina is one of the few things they've done pretty well. Maya's character growth has been a big reason why I watch the whole show instead of just edits. There are things here and there with the ship that I'd do a little differently, but compared to the rest of the show they're treated pretty decently. Granted the bar isn't high at all and Stefania and Danielle's chemistry carries a shit ton of the weight. My biggest concern going into next season is that they don't regress Maya. I want her and Carina to work through the whole job situation and not have it be a point of angst and drama.

As for starting date, I would think that's airing in October and not filming. Because Danielle indicated in that last live that they know when they start filming and that she'll be traveling until then, so I doubt it would be all the way into October.
Yeah I agree for mayas character next year. I hope they don't regress her but they show us like they have for season 4 them getting through it together but maya actually leaning.om.carina this time

Guestttii
Reactions:

Post by Guestttii »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 20:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest592 wrote:

Yeah they go back to work around beginning of august, last we were told from david on Twitter who is a director/editor on the show.
But Ellen saying that grey’s may not air until October makes me think station may not air until even later. But idk why they would push either back, unless grey’s isn’t getting as many episodes this season as usual.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Their first scene is still one of my favourites. Obviously the chemistry is off the charts. I also like how it wasn't started as just a hookup, which we know both of them would usually be up for. But we're lead to believe that they just spent the evening chatting and started this new 'friendship'. Then they didn't hook up properly until a little later, which shows they were both invested in it being something more serious without perhaps even realising.

and now they're wives :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Maya’s voice in that first scene :rageblush: and then there was a whole lotta dimples show by Carina…. These two I swear :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Jun 2021, 11:43
Their first scene is still one of my favourites. Obviously the chemistry is off the charts. I also like how it wasn't started as just a hookup, which we know both of them would usually be up for. But we're lead to believe that they just spent the evening chatting and started this new 'friendship'. Then they didn't hook up properly until a little later, which shows they were both invested in it being something more serious without perhaps even realising.

and now they're wives :wub:

I was rewatching some of their scenes the other day, the first time Carina sees Maya she is carrying a human nose in a half melted bag of ice and made the comment "carina meet your future wife". I had a laugh to myself...fuck I'm lonely.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do we know a ballpark number of what they earn per episode on station19? I imagine it's not grey's figures.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There’s been a lot of fan talks and rumors about Grey’s next season being its last, so do you guys think once GA ends, S19 will follow as well or stay on air for a couple more years?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

All right, fave Marina twitter/tumblrs?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 02:20
Do we know a ballpark number of what they earn per episode on station19? I imagine it's not grey's figures.
$40,000 ?? No idea.
I read someone a while ago that most series regulars on tv shows start out at a min of $25,000

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 02:35
There’s been a lot of fan talks and rumors about Grey’s next season being its last, so do you guys think once GA ends, S19 will follow as well or stay on air for a couple more years?
I think it will go at least another season after Greys, just to keep the Greys universe alive for a little bit post ending of the mothership. I wouldn't be surprised if they try and spin something else off as well, because both shows still do really well for ABC, which is saying a lot since broadcast networks are really struggling the last few years because of streaming and cable.

Guest009
Reactions:

Post by Guest009 »

Guest wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 04:33
Guest wrote:
I think it will go at least another season after Greys, just to keep the Greys universe alive for a little bit post ending of the mothership. I wouldn't be surprised if they try and spin something else off as well, because both shows still do really well for ABC, which is saying a lot since broadcast networks are really struggling the last few years because of streaming and cable.
They have to put something in place before they end both grey’s and station, those are abc’s two biggest shows.
I can see station going on for another season or two, and like you said have a spin off from that, but look at rebel, krista tried to have another huge tgit show and it flopped.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest009 wrote:
26 Jun 2021, 04:48
Guest wrote:
25 Jun 2021, 04:33
Guest wrote:
They have to put something in place before they end both grey’s and station, those are abc’s two biggest shows.
I can see station going on for another season or two, and like you said have a spin off from that, but look at rebel, krista tried to have another huge tgit show and it flopped.
I think the difference with Rebel is that it wasn't connected to the Greysverse. People didn't care that Krista did it, because it wasn't an already established universe. People like the familiarity of that Seattle setting and all those interconnected characters. And to be fair, ABC didn't give Rebel much of a chance. I don't subscribe to the Krista hate for the most part, but S19 and Grey don't do well for ABC because they're written fabulously. They're a brand that people have attachment to.

But I agree, they have to establish something before ending either or both of the shows. If they leave a gap then they're done, because there's such a saturation of content that the audience will move on real quick.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Still not over any of this..... :wub: :wub: :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Maybe Danielle is going to direct an episode next season!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 06:21

I think that's a big possibility. Wasn't there a whole thing where she's been wanting to direct for a while but they wanted her to have at least a short under her belt before doing S19?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ as long as the conversation is going? Start a new topic if you want a change..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is there a time jump for next season? I like the idea of seeing the work issues being seen in flashbacks with Maya and Carina having already dealt with them, and are now living with the consequences, whatever they are.

I hope we don’t lose Maya’s political savvy. Sullivan needs to be cut-off at the knees and I want to see her doing it.

And I really want to see Maya in therapy. Preferably with Diane, but with Tracie Thom on another show - that might be difficult to get her on more than once.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I can't believe people actually care about these women and their lives when the show isn't on, i totally forget they exist until it's time for the new season especially knowing there are no spoilers ever. I was surprised to see this thread on the first page, people have too much time on their hands caring about strangers' lives.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jul 2021, 02:00
I can't believe people actually care about these women and their lives when the show isn't on, i totally forget they exist until it's time for the new season especially knowing there are no spoilers ever. I was surprised to see this thread on the first page, people have too much time on their hands caring about strangers' lives.
Same. But I’ve accepted it. What I don’t get it why they don’t move their fanfiction to the actresses thread. Then this can be for the show and they don’t have to act all surprised when people (rightfully) get annoyed by their role play weirdness.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Tbf that post seems to have been made by a young kid who’s happy they got a tweet from their fav actress. Enthusiastic. They’ll grow up and learn eventually.

Unrelated, but for a board that was created solely for RLS purposes, l chat has changed a lot. Biggest character development ever :lol: happy to see it.

Iiiii
Reactions:

Post by Iiiii »

Guest wrote:
And yet here you are reading the thread

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Iiiii wrote:
01 Jul 2021, 03:22
Guest wrote:
The thread is about the show it’s not about your obsession with 2 straight women’s personal lives that are none of your concern. People see the thread bumped to the first page and think a spoiler or info related to the show was released.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Jul 2021, 03:28
Iiiii wrote:
Guest wrote:
The thread is about the show it’s not about your obsession with 2 straight women’s personal lives that are none of your concern. People see the thread bumped to the first page and think a spoiler or info related to the show was released.
[/
And yet, here YOU are. Still.

Oooo
Reactions:

Post by Oooo »

Guest wrote:
01 Jul 2021, 06:53
Guest wrote:
01 Jul 2021, 03:28
Iiiii wrote:
Guest wrote:
[/
And yet, here YOU are. Still.
Of course I am! I wasn't complaining about the page. And come on people whine and pretend they hate the actress info but for the most part they love it and are addicted to it.

Guestme1
Reactions:

Post by Guestme1 »

Guest wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 22:50
Guest wrote:
28 Jun 2021, 06:21

I think that's a big possibility. Wasn't there a whole thing where she's been wanting to direct for a while but they wanted her to have at least a short under her belt before doing S19?
I really hope she does! She’s been shadowing directors on set for a couple years now and krista told her once she has a short film under her belt she can. I like that Danielle is a hard worker.

I’m also quite intrigued by her short film, she didn’t write it, but friends of hers have been describing it as important and powerful story telling.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dani stays doing the most but I still appreciate it and love it lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Dani is lowkey a bit embarrassing but I think she means well and honestly who cares they’re both hot

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They're so cute :)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jul 2021, 19:23
She’s probably the biggest marina shipper out there, but I don’t blame her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jul 2021, 20:57
Guest wrote:
But are these pic current? I mean, are the two of them together in L.A?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jul 2021, 22:39
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I don't think so, I think Stefania is in Italy.

Also:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jul 2021, 22:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Also:

Good! I thought the show would start quite a bit later

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jul 2021, 22:47
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Also:8

Oh good! I was convinced it was going to be like the beginning of November. Seems like early August filming would match up then.

And LOL at those pics. Danielle is clearly just trying to feed the fandom in a nice,mid hiatus kind of way, but LOL.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jun 2021, 03:48
Young Shelby Lynne vibes

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Jul 2021, 19:29
Dani is lowkey a bit embarrassing but I think she means well and honestly who cares they’re both hot
This made me laugh 😂 so true

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 04:15
Guest wrote:
Would you mind putting into words why it is lowkey embarrassing? I’m just curious 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So it's queerbaiting time now that the show is back soon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 07:56
So it's queerbaiting time now that the show is back soon.
Wow, two friends together on a bathtub is queerbaiting. The level of craziness is outstanding

Mkkk
Reactions:

Post by Mkkk »

Guest wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 07:24
Guest wrote:
16 Jul 2021, 04:15
Guest wrote:
Would you mind putting into words why it is lowkey embarrassing? I’m just curious 😂
She is very very thirsty