Maya and Carina - Station 19

Reactions:

Re: Maya and Carina - Station 19

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 03:36
Jaina: Do I ship Marina? Of course. Of course I ship Marina :rofl: Girl what are you lying for
Lmaooo I didn’t get that far into the live because everything about her irks me but that I have to see

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 03:41
Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 03:36
Jaina: Do I ship Marina? Of course. Of course I ship Marina :rofl: Girl what are you lying for
Lmaooo I didn’t get that far into the live because everything about her irks me but that I have to see
Lol i watched the whole thing and it's 10 minutes I'll never get back. The way she ended it sounded like shade towards Danielle/the whole situation too. She shouted out the trolls also. This woman is something else.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is this a new live? Or the one that was linked in here earlier today?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 03:52
It's the same one.

I also like how they ask her about different ships and she's like "yeah, I ship them" then Denise asks her who they are and she's clueless. :rofl: Girl, if you're doing a live in your own channel and start reading questions at least try a little or don't do it at all. She looks bored and uninterested 85% of the time.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 04:21
Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 03:52
It's the same one.

I also like how they ask her about different ships and she's like "yeah, I ship them" then Denise asks her who they are and she's clueless. :rofl: Girl, if you're doing a live in your own channel and start reading questions at least try a little or don't do it at all. She looks bored and uninterested 85% of the time.
She truly does look bored most of the time. It’s like why bother? She never seems genuine and it doesn’t seem like she actually cares. Which fine, I guess for some actors it is just a paycheck but damn. She doesn’t even try to fake care. Most of her fans are Surrera fans and they ask her if she wants them back and she just shrugs and says maybe like wtf 😂

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What i find funny is that she is so upset about Danielle doing lives and such? When she clearly doesn't care to really engage with people? Danielle is far more engaging. Anyway. Whatever. Also Denise behaving like a child now. Im glad marina fans are unfollowing her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 01:04
Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 21:02
Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 20:36
Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2022, 20:22
Where is our insider when we need her most?
I know nothing of what goes on between the actors on set, besides that the set is good and there’s no drama, they keep it professional on set so I guess the crew don’t even notice anything going on.
I’m not saying you’re personally wrong, and I thank you for being us details. But there is no way people don’t know what’s going on?? You can’t have a potential Meredith/Yang type friendship with Maya/Andy in the first season or two, and now into season 4 and 5 where they virtually have no scenes together for episodes on end, and there not be any knowledge of it.
Crew doesn’t even watch the show lol
They just show up to work do their job and that’s it, they say the set is welcoming and nice and the actors are all nice, no tension.
Your contact ain’t gonna blow the whistle, huh?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Some of you are very good at disregarding other people's feelings. First Danielle, then Barrett, and now Denise. I don't think anyone is in a position to judge how another person feels or whether their decision to leave social media, or make a video asking for respect is petty or overdramatic. You can accuse them of doing it wrong, getting involved with fans when they shouldn't, etc, but the reality is that some fans have taken everything too far and I don't see anyone taking accountability for their actions at all. This is not from now, they have been enduring comments that are out of place for a long time and they have probably said “I don't want to continue reading more bs”. I don't understand why you would be so offended if none of you have written any hurtful comments, but I think this defensiveness shows some guilt.
The reality is that Marina fandom has earned the position of being the most hated fandom by everyone.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 09:49
Some of you are very good at disregarding other people's feelings. First Danielle, then Barrett, and now Denise. I don't think anyone is in a position to judge how another person feels or whether their decision to leave social media, or make a video asking for respect is petty or overdramatic. You can accuse them of doing it wrong, getting involved with fans when they shouldn't, etc, but the reality is that some fans have taken everything too far and I don't see anyone taking accountability for their actions at all. This is not from now, they have been enduring comments that are out of place for a long time and they have probably said “I don't want to continue reading more bs”. I don't understand why you would be so offended if none of you have written any hurtful comments, but I think this defensiveness shows some guilt.
The reality is that Marina fandom has earned the position of being the most hated fandom by everyone.
Disregarding others feelings? May we be spared a lecture please. Majority of the discussions here have actually taken their feelings into account and have been empathetic to a degree. We know there are some nasty and vile fans who support Marina. It sadly happens in every fandom and it isn’t right. The donor situation has brought more eyes on the show from people who don’t even go here but want to react to it on SM. However, adults who may have acted petty, immature, and/or over dramatic in their response to obvious trolling, ignorance, and/or plain stupidity on the internet will be a topic of discussion and garner reactions. It was pretty much agreed that blocking and moving along would be the best action. Although she said opposing views were welcomed, Danielle’s video effectively silenced discourse which resulted in toxic positivity and put a “target” on fans, mainly LGBTQ, who respectfully opposed the donor storyline. Was that her intention? No, but it was still the impact. Dennise kept adding fuel to the fire all day long which made the drama continue. There are fans making fake accounts pretending to be Marina stans in support of Jaina and others. If people want to discuss that or “judge” as aforementioned, then so be it. To say one must have written a negative comment if they’re offended by what took place and are therefore guilty makes me chuckle because it’s not valid lol. Is accountability expected for everyone or just Marina fans? I’d personally like to see the showrunner, head writer, and writers room take accountability but I’m no fool.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 09:49
This take is so ridiculous. I have zero guilt and haven’t written a hateful comment at all. I’ve been respectful with my criticism with this entire storyline and I’m tired of our whole fandom being painted as bad guys just because the cast/crew/producers can’t take an ounce of criticism and see it all as “hateful and negative” but they had no problem engaging with us when they saw how popular Marina got last season. Now just because we all don’t like the storyline now we’re all terrible people. Yes there’s been some awful comments but that happens in every fandom. Surrera fans are terrible too so for us to be getting blamed while they do this disrespectful storyline and try to tell us it’s okay does not sit well with me and I have every right to be pissed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol, fandoms are always the target of huge exaggerations. Ten comments out of a thousand that are inappropriate, or a bit more on the rude side and everyone acts like a huge drama queen.

Okay, let's use the exaggeration for any case. Yes, the fandom is disgusting and awful based on five comments. But let's not stop the exaggeration here. The writers and actors are not just participating in a bad story. No, they're hateful bigots who hate LGBT people and want to harm the community through terrible representation. Oh, wait, dramatic exaggerations are only allowed when it comes to pointing fingers at fandom for everything lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lmaooo look at you and your lame excuses. If you don’t want to see the reality and keep lying to yourself, ok, but the entitlement and the bitterness of this fandom is huge af.
Whatever makes you feel good at night.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 11:24
Lmaooo look at you and your lame excuses. If you don’t want to see the reality and keep lying to yourself, ok, but the entitlement and the bitterness of this fandom is huge af.
I didn’t know this fandom had police lmao. Girl we feel very good at night. As it was previously mentioned, this has been more entertaining than the show. If you wanna keep wagging your finger about us not “seeing reality” then have at it. Sounds exhausting tbh lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Go kiss Denise’s butt some more, I’m sure that will do you good!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol, the reality is that the writers can continue writing whatever bullshit they want and the fans can tell them they're talentless hacks without worry. Everyone who is getting in the middle of this vicious cycle has done it by choice.

The Jack storyline sucks, but they can make the three of them a throuple, if they're so desperate to shoehorn him - whatever, I've seen all kinds of bs lol. I'm not losing sleep over this, nor I'm losing sleep because someone getting butthurt over Twitter comments and nEgAtIvItY :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 12:01
Guest wrote:
I didn’t know this fandom had police lmao. Girl we feel very good at night. As it was previously mentioned, this has been more entertaining than the show. If you wanna keep wagging your finger about us not “seeing reality” then have at it. Sounds exhausting tbh lol
What sounds exhausting is crying and whining every day over a storyline you don't like and writing to the actors, writers, and other crew members how bad you think of someone else's work. Invest all that time and energy into creating your own show. Good luck with that, btw.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 12:26
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
What sounds exhausting is crying and whining every day over a storyline you don't like and writing to the actors, writers, and other crew members how bad you think of someone else's work. Invest all that time and energy into creating your own show. Good luck with that, btw.
Because you are certainly not exhausting by policing everyone's opinion. Good luck believing that you will convince L chat to play along with your patronizing positivity, btw. :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Everybody is allowed to voice their opinion , wether you agree with it or not.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Ohhh I see.. we are only allowed to tell them how much we adore them, how pretty they are, and kiss their asses. Got it…

It’s adorable how many failed attempts at silencing voices there have been. If a storyline sucks, then a storyline sucks. Props to those continuing to voice their opinions instead of doing exactly what tptb want which is put up and shut up. They’re lucky the show isn’t really cared about, that the writing hasn’t been addressed on a more public level like KE, and they can stay in their little bubble.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyways… for all who think Jack as the donor is okay I hope you’re ready to have Jack involved in everything. Rip to cute scenes of maya and the baby bonding, uncle Jack will be there. Rip to just maya and carina present at the birth, rip to cute maya looking after pregnant carina, she’ll be working with Jack at the clinic while pregnant and I’m sure he will be overly worried and protective of her.

Get ready to share every cute marina scene with jack.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I do wonder what their plan is moving forward now. Jacks “speech” was practically contradicting. He said he would be “uncle Jack” but then wants to leave the baby a “legacy” which sounds way more than that. You know the baby will be a boy too just because of that. Then Mayas line about them having a special bond sounded very much like her real life situation. So is that where they draw the line? Because I doubt Danielle was included in every step the rest of the way or was in the delivery room or any of that.

And we see that Grey and Jaina filmed a decent amount for the finale so it makes me wonder what’s next. Also Carina’s whole green card situation.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 15:10
Anyways… for all who think Jack as the donor is okay I hope you’re ready to have Jack involved in everything. Rip to cute scenes of maya and the baby bonding, uncle Jack will be there. Rip to just maya and carina present at the birth, rip to cute maya looking after pregnant carina, she’ll be working with Jack at the clinic while pregnant and I’m sure he will be overly worried and protective of her.

This exactly. Krista and the writers seem to be doing exactly what she and the writers did on Greys. I hated it then, and I’ll hate this too.

But, I’m just hoping hoping hoping that something happens and they don’t actually get to the insemination process with his stuff.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 15:13
I do wonder what their plan is moving forward now. Jacks “speech” was practically contradicting. He said he would be “uncle Jack” but then wants to leave the baby a “legacy” which sounds way more than that. You know the baby will be a boy too just because of that. Then Mayas line about them having a special bond sounded very much like her real life situation. So is that where they draw the line? Because I doubt Danielle was included in every step the rest of the way or was in the delivery room or any of that.

And we see that Grey and Jaina filmed a decent amount for the finale so it makes me wonder what’s next. Also Carina’s whole green card situation.
No Danielle wasn’t any more involved than a regular aunt. But this is drama tv and all three of them (jack, maya, carina) work together. Jack will be around them every episode. I can easily see them wanting to have Jack be more involved than he should be. I’m so lost because the maya and carina I know would never want that, to share their child with a man who is Maya’s ex.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 15:24
Guest wrote:

This exactly. Krista and the writers seem to be doing exactly what she and the writers did on Greys. I hated it then, and I’ll hate this too.

But, I’m just hoping hoping hoping that something happens and they don’t actually get to the insemination process with his stuff.
All we can hope for is something dramatic is still yet to come because so far the storyline has been pretty boring and obvious. Yes it’s annoyed us but if their plan was to make Jack the donor all along then what’s next? They’ve done just that and there hasn’t been any drama or conflict so hopefully something comes up to mess with it. DA

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 15:40
Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 15:24
Guest wrote:

All we can hope for is something dramatic is still yet to come because so far the storyline has been pretty boring and obvious. Yes it’s annoyed us but if their plan was to make Jack the donor all along then what’s next? They’ve done just that and there hasn’t been any drama or conflict so hopefully something comes up to mess with it. DA
I agree. If that’s it for Jack being the donor then what was the whole point? They had a few quick talks at work deciding and then pick him and then?? There’s gotta be drama or a twist, no way will it all go this smoothly.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone think Jaina really is leaving? I really hope so not only because of her off screen bs but Andy is so boring and is making this show drag. I mean this whole season was all about her and it sucked. If she stays then there probably goes any chance of Maya ever having a big storyline.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How a big fuck you its going to be if they kill off Maya and have the child raised by Carina and Jack. Omg.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Concerning this donor storyline, if they had been clear that his involvement starts and ends with donating sperm and his relationship with their kid will be no different than any other person in the station's relationship with them, I wouldn't have been this bothered. But the writers actually went out of their way to have the characters say the exact opposite of that. I can't help but remember episode 11 when Maya felt insecure about her involvement in the whole process, thinking that their baby will be a 100 percent deluca and zero bishop, how is this scenario going to be any better? I fully expect the writers to make Maya feel alienated in this whole process because trust he'll always be hovering around them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 15:13

Like an anon has said, I'm waiting to see the twist, the drama because this season we had one dramatic storyline with then (Maya not wanting a baby) and it wasn't even that dramatic. Their storyline this season has been very peaceful which means that they could be waiting for the season finale or next season when carina is pregnant.
I'm also scared that they will involve jack in everything but with him shooting so much with Jaina I think that the end of the season and maybe the first half of next season, they will focus more on Marina.
Don't get me wrong, the writers saw the backlash and even though they are still going to do what they want (have Jack fight for his parental rights) I think they might focus in Marina in the near future.
This is my expectation but we don't really know what is going to happen, all I know is if next season Marina+baby becomes Marina+baby+Jack things will get way worse then they are.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 16:10
Concerning this donor storyline, if they had been clear that his involvement starts and ends with donating sperm and his relationship with their kid will be no different than any other person in the station's relationship with them, I wouldn't have been this bothered. But the writers actually went out of their way to have the characters say the exact opposite of that. I can't help but remember episode 11 when Maya felt insecure about her involvement in the whole process, thinking that their baby will be a 100 percent deluca and zero bishop, how is this scenario going to be any better? I fully expect the writers to make Maya feel alienated in this whole process because trust he'll always be hovering around them.
This is another thing that annoys me about the storyline and it’s just another thing that’s inconsistent with it. These writers don’t talk to each other episode to episode. It’s like how Maya doesn’t want to leave Carina alone if something happens to her but they decide Jack is a good option yet he’s just as much at risk as she is lol.

But really how is Maya okay with Jack being so involved but she was worried she wouldn’t be if the baby wasn’t partly hers when they were considering an anonymous donor? Nothing they write makes sense. And I just dread if next season their drama is Jack getting way more involved than Maya and Carina planned and they start fighting because of it and blaming each other. Carina blaming Maya for wanting a known donor and Maya blaming Carina for advocating for Jack in the first place.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Scandal Makeup is still posting about how much she hates Marina fans on her photo of Jaina.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 16:30
Scandal Makeup is still posting about how much she hates Marina fans on her photo of Jaina.
Wow. I hope people are getting receipts. I know it’s different situations, but receipts mattered in the Lexa/Clexa fandom in getting big named media to notice us.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If Station 19 goes for the bury your gays troupe, it wouldnt surprise me if larger scale media picks it up, and the overall community speaks out. Ive noticed that when shows do this, even if people dont watch or like the show within the LGBTQ community, they come out to bat because its such an egregious and established troupe. I dont think Station 19 would be the same.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 16:47
If Station 19 goes for the bury your gays troupe, it wouldnt surprise me if larger scale media picks it up, and the overall community speaks out. Ive noticed that when shows do this, even if people dont watch or like the show within the LGBTQ community, they come out to bat because its such an egregious and established troupe. I dont think Station 19 would be the same.
They will definitely get destroyed for doing it…especially if it’s going to happen about a month from now in the season finale after what’s happened with another show recently. They won’t recover from it and they shouldn’t. At this point Krista and the crew deserve some karma because the way our fandom has been villainized now is an absolute joke. How is Denise still going on about this? And she’s saying we need to touch grass? Take your own advice girl.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I can’t see them killing either of them off, but after what happened with Killing Eve, I think this would be even bigger than that if they ever went that far.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 16:30
Fans don't really care anymore. It's what it is. We are being laughed at and we are used to it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 16:19
Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 16:10
This is another thing that annoys me about the storyline and it’s just another thing that’s inconsistent with it. These writers don’t talk to each other episode to episode. It’s like how Maya doesn’t want to leave Carina alone if something happens to her but they decide Jack is a good option yet he’s just as much at risk as she is lol.

But really how is Maya okay with Jack being so involved but she was worried she wouldn’t be if the baby wasn’t partly hers when they were considering an anonymous donor? Nothing they write makes sense. And I just dread if next season their drama is Jack getting way more involved than Maya and Carina planned and they start fighting because of it and blaming each other. Carina blaming Maya for wanting a known donor and Maya blaming Carina for advocating for Jack in the first place.
Exactly! The inconsistencies are way too much. At least make it make sense.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder if Autostraddle would be interested in picking up an article on LGBTQ representation and fan villainization within that context. This isnt the first time, Im sure it wont be the last. Its hurtful, as someone who is part of that community, and it certainly feels out of proportion to other groups of fans (e.g. straight ones).

This would be a great example of fair but critical feedback being gaslit, AND a lead openly disparaging fans of a certain group (e.g. Jaina now). Sociologically, its interesting, especially in the context of the evolution of LGBTQ visibility.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 17:00
Guest wrote:
I can’t see them killing either of them off, but after what happened with Killing Eve, I think this would be even bigger than that if they ever went that far.
I don't think any of them is getting killed, this show is not Grey's, and as much as they might hate Marina fans in the end they need their engagement and views and that's the truth.
The world we live in today is not the same as Grey's and S19 is no powerhouse show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why in the world would they kill off one of them? That makes no sense. Unless one wants to leave,which we have no sign of.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 17:21
I wonder if Autostraddle would be interested in picking up an article on LGBTQ representation and fan villainization within that context. This isnt the first time, Im sure it wont be the last. Its hurtful, as someone who is part of that community, and it certainly feels out of proportion to other groups of fans (e.g. straight ones).

This would be a great example of fair but critical feedback being gaslit, AND a lead openly disparaging fans of a certain group (e.g. Jaina now). Sociologically, its interesting, especially in the context of the evolution of LGBTQ visibility.
I could see Autostraddle picking this up, with receipts. I wasn’t aware of Lexa/Clexa until it hit mainstream publications but does anyone recall which publications first picked it up?

I see Marina is included in some discussion about Villaneve now…might pick up some steam.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 17:39
Guest wrote:

I could see Autostraddle picking this up, with receipts. I wasn’t aware of Lexa/Clexa until it hit mainstream publications but does anyone recall which publications first picked it up?

I see Marina is included in some discussion about Villaneve now…might pick up some steam.
I remember the first big news outlet to pick up the story was Variety.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I think she’s writing a piece about it if you want to vote or comment.

Meagain
Reactions:

Post by Meagain »

Guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 17:39
Guest wrote:

No gaslighting no story. There is a story though on people here making up a story and turning en masse against an actress

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ahen Carina said a third parent? Maya said not exactly. So that wasn't a denial was it? Im telling you. Father jack is so happening.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The writers could have done better? Of course they do, but I think many here believe that there is a conspiracy of them against us for being lesbians, that they are hurting us on purpose and many of you are going crazy. For once I do think the point has come where you need to go out and touch some grass (you can always go to the nearest park), or get a hobby that makes you stop being so obsessed with this show that is clearly hurting you.
The fact that there are people right now who don't think the current storyline is so bad is in part due to the amount of over-dramatization by some in the fandom.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

It's expected to have thoughts and ideas on what might happen, but remember that is just what they are. People are exhausting themselves coming up with the most negative situations which not only might not be true but is very much in the far future. I'm not talking about what's happened recently, but next season and onward.

Feels like station 19 fandom as whole is very draining at the moment, maybe we can find some positivity? This isn't me saying please be positive, just asking if anyone has something they are looking forward to or enjoying? Personally i still very much like Maya and Carina as a couple and i'm hopeful that we are going to get some good scenes with them over the last few eps.
Everyone is going to get so bored of talking about the same thing and hating everything for the next few months. It's starting to feel like no one really likes the show at the moment, though as a bigger picture (across all fandoms/sm) i know that's not true.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Its really so bad on sm, so many jokes about Marina and Jack, the fandom is being laughed at too. I see many fans connecting the ending of Killing Eve to whats coming for Marina too. I see many fans totally dissapointed leaving the fandom because of the attacks we got the passed few days when it wasn't even out fault , and the Jack storyline.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
11 Apr 2022, 19:10
It's expected to have thoughts and ideas on what might happen, but remember that is just what they are. People are exhausting themselves coming up with the most negative situations which not only might not be true but is very much in the far future. I'm not talking about what's happened recently, but next season and onward.

Feels like station 19 fandom as whole is very draining at the moment, maybe we can find some positivity? This isn't me saying please be positive, just asking if anyone has something they are looking forward to or enjoying? Personally i still very much like Maya and Carina as a couple and i'm hopeful that we are going to get some good scenes with them over the last few eps.
Everyone is going to get so bored of talking about the same thing and hating everything for the next few months. It's starting to feel like no one really likes the show at the moment, though as a bigger picture (across all fandoms/sm) i know that's not true.
Hmm i see many fans om sm and even on fanfic comments saying how the jack donor storyline took the happiness out of Marina, how they aren't eager to watch the story anymore, and i agree. Who really is going to be happy to see their journey thinking is Jack's sperm growing on Carinas Belly? For me too the story is ruined. The more i think of it.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

what's with people photoshopping babies into Maya/Carina pics? I find it really weird.. and kinda inappropriate