Maya and Carina - Station 19

Reactions:

Re: Maya and Carina - Station 19

Post by Guest »

Everyone talks about Maya’s faults/bad qualities but what do you guys think are Carina’s?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Nov 2022, 21:09
Everyone talks about Maya’s faults/bad qualities but what do you guys think are Carina’s?
She’s hotheaded. But lovely!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
She buys too much food.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
She has a bit of a temper and she can be quite emotional, that's really all I can really think of. I kind of have to agree with Stefania on this one, she's kind of a saint lol. She's put up with so much from Maya this season and I am very sure, I would've left already! Especially after that scene in episode 5 where Maya tried to gaslight her and was emotionally abusive.... taking a pregnancy test would've been the last thing on my mind honestly. I think the big difference with Maya and Carina is Maya's emotions all come flying out at everyone else and Carina internalizes far more than Maya. Maya blames everyone else and Carina blames herself. But overall, I think I'd like to be a little more like Carina! She's tough but sweet and gentle and just full of joy and honestly if anyone had the right to be angry and bitter, it's Carina. She's been through so damn much and she deserves some flipping happiness already!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I agree with everyone, Carina is a ray of sunshine with Italian temperament. I am not sure if she is the same in work environment but I would like to think she knows how to separate work and emotion. Bless her "damage but still finding a way to stay positive" heart. When all said and done, I hope she never change :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I think it may be safe to argue that she has a hard time seeing past her own ways of thinking. Like when Maya brought up marriage, or when maya gave her reasons as to why she didn’t want kids, or like when sullivan tried to explain it wasn’t his fault, etc.

Before Maya she seemed to float around a lot, didn’t settle down to one person very long? Is that true?
She may, similar to maya, been used to being independent

As other said she can be hot headed sometimes too
But she is a really good person, I actually wish we saw more of her and her faults to make her a more well rounded character. When it comes to marina I still feel like the relationship is still quite one sided as in we definitely get more of Maya’s perspective on things

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Carina’s flaws aren’t as highlighted as Maya’s are.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2022, 14:03
Carina’s flaws aren’t as highlighted as Maya’s are.
It’s not that, it's that there are people whose flaws don't carry as much weight as their partner's flaws. It's like that in real life too, usually people like Carina tend to be with people like Maga (and vice versa). Someone with Maya's personality is never going to be with someone with her own or with a more difficult personality than herself.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This is a incredible post 6x06 fic. I wish they did something like that but at the same time it would be too hurtful to actually watch Maya and Carina saying things like that.
This is so realistic it hurts so much.
https://archiveofourown.org/works/43195 ... 5#workskin

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2022, 11:55
This is a incredible post 6x06 fic. I wish they did something like that but at the same time it would be too hurtful to actually watch Maya and Carina saying things like that.
Thanks for recommending. Its brilliant so far.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

There’s a new chapter of Coffee & lavender! 😍:wub:
https://archiveofourown.org/works/35059 ... 1#workskin

Reactions:

Question about Carina and Maya fanfic

Post by Guest »

Hi All

I have read quite a few of fanfic where Amilia calls Biship Firefighter Barbie.

Did that really happen and could you be so kind to tell me in which episode of Greys it happend.

Thanks a bunch!

Reactions:

Re: Question about Carina and Maya fanfic

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 17:43
Hi All

I have read quite a few of fanfic where Amilia calls Biship Firefighter Barbie.

Did that really happen and could you be so kind to tell me in which episode of Greys it happend.

Thanks a bunch!
She never did. Only JJ calls Maya Firefighter Barbie in 3.06 of Station 19. It's a case of the writer projecting what they want onto a character when that has never happened in the show

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do you think or trust the writers to have maya come back to a place of contempt in her relationship and her status as lieutenant? Instead of captain.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 20:53
Do you think or trust the writers to have maya come back to a place of contempt in her relationship and her status as lieutenant? Instead of captain.
Do you mean her being ok with or settling for Lieutenant? If that’s what you mean, then I’d say no. Maya’s goal has always been Captain. Even as Captain she was always talking about eventually moving up. She always has a goal she’s chasing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 00:01
Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2022, 11:55
Thanks for recommending. Its brilliant so far.
You're very welcome! Her previous fic about 6x05 is so good too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 21:51
Guest wrote:
Do you mean her being ok with or settling for Lieutenant? If that’s what you mean, then I’d say no. Maya’s goal has always been Captain. Even as Captain she was always talking about eventually moving up. She always has a goal she’s chasing.
But I think that is a big part of her problem. She can't be happy where she is, she always has to be looking to next thing. Because of her father, she never learned to just stop and enjoy something. She never learned to be content or how priortize things. The reality is she's not going to be Captain again for a long long time and frankly she may never be again. It was going to be harder for get there anyway and the way she's handled this is only going to make it worse and a harder for herself. So for her to get healthy and happy again, she's going to have to learn to be content where she is as a Lietenant for awhile until she can get herself healthy and work towards earning being Captain again. She has to learn she can't control what anyone else does but she can control what she does and to not make things a shit ton harder on herself. I'm not saying she has to be happy with the demotion because it was super unfair and crappy. However she has to learn to deal with that in a healthy and productive way and that isn't what has happened. She has to learn to find her worth in something that isn't 100% work and she has to figure out her priorities because it's not just her anymore. She has a wife too. Basically she needs to completely revamp her relationship with her job and with her own self worth or this is a cycle that is going to continue and likely only get worse.

Now do I trust the writers to make any of that happen? Not even a little bit. To be honest, I'm far more worried about them screwing up the marraige stuff than the work stuff. Shondland is known for using these kind of things to destroy relationships rather than rebuild them(not that they are very good at rebuilding relationships for any reason at all...) and I fear that's where they are headed. They'll fix the work stuff, simply because her spot on the show depends on it. But the marriage doesn't have that same weight. People say but then they won't have any reason to have Carina on the show. But they can get around that. For one, they could very well say that the pregnancy test she took was a false negative and she is pregnant and make it about them learning to co-parent. It would keep Carina on the show and keep people's hopes of them getting back together just high enough to keep many of them watching.... So yeah my worries lie far more with the relationship than with Maya's job.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 04:33
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
But I think that is a big part of her problem. She can't be happy where she is, she always has to be looking to next thing. Because of her father, she never learned to just stop and enjoy something. She never learned to be content or how priortize things. The reality is she's not going to be Captain again for a long long time and frankly she may never be again. It was going to be harder for get there anyway and the way she's handled this is only going to make it worse and a harder for herself. So for her to get healthy and happy again, she's going to have to learn to be content where she is as a Lietenant for awhile until she can get herself healthy and work towards earning being Captain again. She has to learn she can't control what anyone else does but she can control what she does and to not make things a shit ton harder on herself. I'm not saying she has to be happy with the demotion because it was super unfair and crappy. However she has to learn to deal with that in a healthy and productive way and that isn't what has happened. She has to learn to find her worth in something that isn't 100% work and she has to figure out her priorities because it's not just her anymore. She has a wife too. Basically she needs to completely revamp her relationship with her job and with her own self worth or this is a cycle that is going to continue and likely only get worse.

Now do I trust the writers to make any of that happen? Not even a little bit. To be honest, I'm far more worried about them screwing up the marraige stuff than the work stuff. Shondland is known for using these kind of things to destroy relationships rather than rebuild them(not that they are very good at rebuilding relationships for any reason at all...) and I fear that's where they are headed. They'll fix the work stuff, simply because her spot on the show depends on it. But the marriage doesn't have that same weight. People say but then they won't have any reason to have Carina on the show. But they can get around that. For one, they could very well say that the pregnancy test she took was a false negative and she is pregnant and make it about them learning to co-parent. It would keep Carina on the show and keep people's hopes of them getting back together just high enough to keep many of them watching.... So yeah my worries lie far more with the relationship than with Maya's job.
I share the same worries. I anticipate a separation coming because Marina have been in a good place up until this series, and God forbid a happy marriage is a thing. So I think they’ll separate but I just hope it’s not done in a way that makes reconciliation impossible or unwanted (aka Calzona). My true hope is that Carina continues to stand by Maya like she has been and Maya figures her issues out with her wife beside her. You never know, Shondaland might buck the trend… it would be a healthy thing to see someone overcoming their mental health issues with their friends and loved ones supporting them completely.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sadly the above would require a whole 180 for Maya. Basically a new Maya lol. There’s no way the writers will do that. Right now Marina are the drama storylines for the show. And the show needs drama. Could a baby be the catalyst for some change Maya - maybe 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The writers are very much capable (some) of writing a healthy/good way for Maya to come out of this even better. As long as they don't forget her S4 and S5 progress/growth and keep both of them in character, it will be interesting to see how they overcome it as a couple and i hope they still keep them together through all the struggles. I just wonder, if the're just gonna have only Maya seek therapy or they'll also have a session together.
I don't understand how they only had 6 eps ready

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 20:22
The writers are very much capable (some) of writing a healthy/good way for Maya to come out of this even better. As long as they don't forget her S4 and S5 progress/growth and keep both of them in character, it will be interesting to see how they overcome it as a couple and i hope they still keep them together through all the struggles. I just wonder, if the're just gonna have only Maya seek therapy or they'll also have a session together.
A therapy session where Maya sits down with her dad would be an explosive scene to watch. Her dad needs healing and therapy more than anyone.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hoping to see Diane for a therapy session with Maya. She was able to bring out a vulnerable side of Maya.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 23:27
Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 20:22
A therapy session where Maya sits down with her dad would be an explosive scene to watch. Her dad needs healing and therapy more than anyone.
Da.. Can’t say I’m bothered about screen time going to her dad in therapy. Would rather a joint session with Maya and Carina.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Dec 2022, 12:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I share the same worries. I anticipate a separation coming because Marina have been in a good place up until this series, and God forbid a happy marriage is a thing. So I think they’ll separate but I just hope it’s not done in a way that makes reconciliation impossible or unwanted (aka Calzona). My true hope is that Carina continues to stand by Maya like she has been and Maya figures her issues out with her wife beside her. You never know, Shondaland might buck the trend… it would be a healthy thing to see someone overcoming their mental health issues with their friends and loved ones supporting them completely.
I’m trying to see a point, story telling wise, to a separation, if maya is just going to work on herself and them stick together and end up staying together anyways? What’s the purpose of having them formally separate for a few episodes?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 05:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I’m trying to see a point, story telling wise, to a separation, if maya is just going to work on herself and them stick together and end up staying together anyways? What’s the purpose of having them formally separate for a few episodes?
Drama purpose. Besides, that way Maya can realize how royally screw up her marriage really is at that moment when she has been denying any problem with it. Kinda…”I lost my wife so I need to get my shit together for real”, like a wake up call for her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Carina is getting to the point where she’s had enough of Maya’s crap (lol). So maybe she’ll leave temporarily and then they’ll write Maya as trying to win Carina back……. or Carina ends up preggers and Maya has to smarten up and change.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Dec 2022, 05:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA I think if they seperate them, it won't be temporary personally. I can't think of a single couple who has truly seperated and reconciled in Shondaland(although I'll still be shocked if Andy and Sullivan don't end up together...). But they do lots of things that don't have a point to be honest, so who knows.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What makes y'all think they are gonna separate, even for a lil while cos i don't see any signs of that. Especially now that Maya is hurt, i doubt the sweet/loving Carina would bounce. Were they shooting ep 7 or 8 during Jason's take over, when they talked about therapy? It seems like that's Carina's only "ultimatum" and if Maya is on board, then that's all that Carina wants, but you never know with these writers. I'm looking forward to the first 2 eps after the Hiatus, cos that's when we'll atleast have an idea of where things could be heading for Marina.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Remember when the make up people shared the BTS picture of Maya and Carina on what looked like an alley or street with some greenery behind them and they were both smiling early this year? And we were all speculating what the scene could be with hopes of a nice Marina scene? Only for it to turn out to be the scene they ask Jack for his sperm. IMO this fandom has never fully recovered from that storyline.
IF asking Jack to be their sperm donor never happened where do you think they would be right now?

What do you want to see happen to them as a couple in the second half of the season?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 21:32
Remember when the make up people shared the BTS picture of Maya and Carina on what looked like an alley or street with some greenery behind them and they were both smiling early this year? And we were all speculating what the scene could be with hopes of a nice Marina scene? Only for it to turn out to be the scene they ask Jack for his sperm. IMO this fandom has never fully recovered from that storyline.
IF asking Jack to be their sperm donor never happened where do you think they would be right now?

What do you want to see happen to them as a couple in the second half of the season?

I don't expect a lot from the writers , but I hope we get an episode where they talk to each other for more than 2 minutes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 21:40
Guest wrote:

I don't expect a lot from the writers , but I hope we get an episode where they talk to each other for more than 2 minutes.
They are gonna talk and I think they are gonna be heavily featured in 6b, but remember no one get more than 3 minutes scenes in this show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It would have been the same thing. Only difference is a different sperm donor. Because it was always going to be the set up of Carina wants a baby, Maya did not. Maya would still be in this room and gloom bc she’s not Captain. Plus all her other issues. So regardless of whether it had been Jack or not, I think it’d still be all the same storylines.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 21:47
Guest wrote:
08 Dec 2022, 21:40
Guest wrote:

They are gonna talk and I think they are gonna be heavily featured in 6b, but remember no one get more than 3 minutes scenes in this show.
Thats certainly not the case for the chief and Sullivan

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Has anyone thought that Maya's Apple Watch can notify the ERnor 911? I hadn't thought about it until now that a pic of Maya lying on the ground has appeared on my TL.
Maybe

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 14:46
Has anyone thought that Maya's Apple Watch can notify the ERnor 911? I hadn't thought about it until now that a pic of Maya lying on the ground has appeared on my TL.
Maybe
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Maya is the only one that wears the Apple Watch. Everyone else seem to wear regular watches. So maybe it will alert 911 or her emergency contact (Carina?)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 14:51
Guest wrote:
Maybe
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think Maya is the only one that wears the Apple Watch. Everyone else seem to wear regular watches. So maybe it will alert 911 or her emergency contact (Carina?)
That would be brilliant , i really wish that Carina will find her :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 15:05
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Maybe
I think someone did mention that on here after the episode first aired. Personally I feel that that would be giving the writers too much credit to think of that.
Didn’t Zavier tweet something about it being addressed in the next episode? Someone has to find Maya most likely towards the end of the S19 episode and they are on their way to Grey Sloan and then the story continues on Grey’s

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 15:16
Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 15:05
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Maybe
I think someone did mention that on here after the episode first aired. Personally I feel that that would be giving the writers too much credit to think of that.
Didn’t Zavier tweet something about it being addressed in the next episode? Someone has to find Maya most likely towards the end of the S19 episode and they are on their way to Grey Sloan and then the story continues on Grey’s
yeah , i dont expect the writers to think of that , anyway i really want Carina finds her , i want raw emotions lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Maybe
Andy wears one too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

when will they resume filming ?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 15:43
They haven't stopped. They of course took time off for Thanksgiving and will for Christmas and New Years but they're still filming. It looks like they're filming something in a graveyard today(I believe they're filming episode 11 right now).

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 17:10
Guest wrote:
They haven't stopped. They of course took time off for Thanksgiving and will for Christmas and New Years but they're still filming. It looks like they're filming something in a graveyard today(I believe they're filming episode 11 right now).
One of the crew that's posts on reddit sometimes said 'we are filming on location today and sometimes filming in densely populated areas requires us to set up base camp and stuff in any open spaces we can rent out. And sometimes that means parking our hair and make-up trailers in a near by cemetery thats close to our set.'
So seems like they're not actually filming in a graveyard but nearby :)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What did y'all think of Stefania posting a Marina clip early in the morning..just reminiscing or? I thought they might have shot another Marina scene that she loved and it reminded her of her other fav scene or is that just wishful thinking Lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 20:15
What did y'all think of Stefania posting a Marina clip early in the morning..just reminiscing or? I thought they might have shot another Marina scene that she loved and it reminded her of her other fav scene or is that just wishful thinking Lol
I think in one of their interviews they said that for this scene they had gotten the script the day before shooting, so they had little time to prepare . But were really happy with the result. And I’d have to agree with S that this is one of my top favorite scenes as well. Turned out Very natural and effortless

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 18:53
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
One of the crew that's posts on reddit sometimes said 'we are filming on location today and sometimes filming in densely populated areas requires us to set up base camp and stuff in any open spaces we can rent out. And sometimes that means parking our hair and make-up trailers in a near by cemetery thats close to our set.'
Could you tell me what it's called or pass the link to the station forum or where they talk about station or the reddit cast I've always looked for it and I can't find it. Thanks

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 21:13
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Could you tell me what it's called or pass the link to the station forum or where they talk about station or the reddit cast I've always looked for it and I can't find it. Thanks
This is the link to the Station 19 sub reddit

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
They will have the last two weeks of December and the first two days of January free.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

the storyline of the baby marina, is on pause now... possibly canceled or changed

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Dec 2022, 20:05
the storyline of the baby marina, is on pause now... possibly canceled or changed
Source? We need receipts or won’t believe any ‘spoilers’ in here

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
The user station19content on instagram posted a video of the graveyard made by a drone. Do you think some insiders of the show share videos with her and allow her to share it as this video wasn't shared by anyone before ?