First Kill (Netflix) - read rules before posting

Boue67
Reactions:

First Kill (Netflix) - read rules before posting

Post by Boue67 »

Interesting resume from the showrunner

- Empire (producer and writer)
- Netflix The Punisher (producer and writer)
- Gossip Girl (producer and writer)
- Fringe (producer and writer
And a bunch of other stuff

Premise : The story falls teenage vampire Juliette who is poised to make her first kill so that she can take her place among a powerful vampire family. Juliette eyes new girl in town, Calliope, as her first victim, but Calliope is a vampire hunter descended from a celebrated family of slayers. As the two circle each other, they discover neither is as easy to kill as they might have assumed. Things get complicated when they realize how easy it is to fall for each other.

RULES

1. Avoid bringing unnecessary Twitter/Tumblr drama to the thread.
2. Do not discuss actors sexualities and private lives. Discussion of actors discussing the show is fine.

Repeat offenders will be banned.

Reactions:

Re: Netflix's First Kill

Post by Guest »

The casting will be everything. We got lucky with Raelle and Scylla. They need to repeat that here to have a real shot

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Here's me wishing (yes ignore the teen issue) but that Emma would star. :$

and yes yes before anyone balks, I knooooooow that's not going to happen. A girl can wish.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can I assume there will be some element of comedy to this show? I hope its marketed towards adults and not tweens.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Okay, the first tnx for thread the second i have looked for the main writer's ig stories she showed who is other writers, ex producers and showrunner.
And i have kinda a feeling that it will one from f/f couple will be black girl :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 23:47
Okay, the first tnx for thread the second i have looked for the main writer's ig stories she showed who is other writers, ex producers and showrunner.
And i have kinda a feeling that it will one from f/f couple will be black girl :hmmm:
I was thinking that too. Not that the story sounds like one of them is black but just the whole inclusive mentality that they're pushing atm. I hope they cast a wide net and base it off chemistry and acting ability rather than picking some token dark skinned actress.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Oh, that is pretty much 100%. I hope this doesnt bother anybody

Also, from the scraps i have been able to gather so far, the slayer is a cheerleader. Gee. It IS gay Buffy!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 23:50
Guest wrote:

Also, from the scraps i have been able to gather so far, the slayer is a cheerleader. Gee. It IS gay Buffy!
OP
it doesnt bother me, only i hope they will choose the best they can. My guess a black girl is for Calliope

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I was thinking that too. Not that the story sounds like one of them is black but just the whole inclusive mentality that they're pushing atm. I hope they cast a wide net and base it off chemistry and acting ability rather than picking some token dark skinned actress.
Increased diversity (with the budget and casting skill) usually brings in better actresses and combinations, since you're not excluding a bunch that normally would have been.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da right it sounds good

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Please bring your scraps to the table so we can all share

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Vampires are such a white thing though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ok. Here are the first few words of the short story

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

And i REALLY shouldnt. I feel a bit guilty...but their first kiss

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 00:03
Well. Guess that confirm one of the character's race. who is into interracial romances?

i meant human/vampire

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 00:22
Guest wrote:
Well. Guess that confirm one of the character's race. who is into interracial romances?

i meant human/vampire
I loved Keelin and Freya (werewolf and witch) , so me :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 00:26
Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 00:22
Guest wrote:

i meant human/vampire
I loved Keelin and Freya (werewolf and witch) , so me :nervous:
Da same

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 00:09

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 00:29
Guest wrote:
The ending

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 00:30
Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 00:29
Guest wrote:
The ending
Da sounds sexy

guest13
Reactions:

Post by guest13 »

Guest wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 23:56
Well it does mix with the whole pale complexion thing they got going. Sort of like female witches. You can have a male witch, but it's sort of just tradition to have it that way.

I don't mind a broad range of casting, but I just hope they go with the best choice and not simply casting a token black girl for the role which seems to be the current trend now.

I'm kind of having mix feelings about how the f/f couple is going to be handled. On one end, didn't the Empire f/f couple ended with one of them killing off the other? On the flipside, female actors who steps into the creative seat have a very good track record and from the looks of it, Emma controls the rights to the characters/license, but is simply letting this Felicia woman take full time role as showrunner.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest13 wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 00:37
Guest wrote:
Well it does mix with the whole pale complexion thing they got going. Sort of like female witches. You can have a male witch, but it's sort of just tradition to have it that way.

I don't mind a broad range of casting, but I just hope they go with the best choice and not simply casting a token black girl for the role which seems to be the current trend now.

I'm kind of having mix feelings about how the f/f couple is going to be handled. On one end, didn't the Empire f/f couple ended with one of them killing off the other? On the flipside, female actors who steps into the creative seat have a very good track record and from the looks of it, Emma controls the rights to the characters/license, but is simply letting this Felicia woman take full time role as showrunner.
The author of the story is also a writer on the show, and an EP. So i will assume she will be protective of her premise

as for race, the original story has Calliope having brown skin and lots of curly hair. So there is that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'd feel more excited if it was an HBO production

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest13 wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 00:37
Guest wrote:

Oh? Where?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 23:40
Here's me wishing (yes ignore the teen issue) but that Emma would star. :$

and yes yes before anyone balks, I knooooooow that's not going to happen. A girl can wish.
lol same I love Emma bitchy ass :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

My thoughts go out to the hetero actresses that are playing the lesbian characters.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Amandla Steinberg would work nicely as Cal. Any idea for Juliette?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ignoring that post ^o)
But the post from the book sounds nice, it all sounds seductive :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 01:03
What are their ages supposed to be? Amandla looks so much like a teen, so it would have to be someone who is/looks pretty young. Literally the only person who came to my mind is Sophia Lillis lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 01:08
Guest wrote:
What are their ages supposed to be? Amandla looks so much like a teen, so it would have to be someone who is/looks pretty young. Literally the only person who came to my mind is Sophia Lillis lol
Da wouldn’t be surprised if they pick her, she’s worked with Netflix before and her show got cancelled so maybe 🤔

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The writing samples sound like something posted in the Bad Fanfiction thread <_< Hopefully they have chemistry. That’s all I want. And no queer/nb bullshit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
No, please dont pick her. I dont know if the character annoyed me or just her acting :-/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Chloe Grace Moretz? Too old?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's Netflix, it might be actresses we don't even know.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 01:12
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
No, please dont pick her. I dont know if the character annoyed me or just her acting :-/
I think she's a great actress, it was totally the character

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 01:21
Probably. Which is fine, but named actors helps a bit to get viewers. I just hope Netflix actually promotes this a bit. They are losing Sabrina soon and this could replace it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 01:29
Guest wrote:
Probably. Which is fine, but named actors helps a bit to get viewers. I just hope Netflix actually promotes this a bit. They are losing Sabrina soon and this could replace it.
I mean, given the statistics this is already canceled before even airing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 01:32
Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 01:29
Guest wrote:
I mean, given the statistics this is already canceled before even airing.
The first lets see how they will promote it then we will know :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So it's basically gonna be a mix between Buffy, Carmilla and True Blood?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 01:44
So it's basically gonna be a mix between Buffy, Carmilla and True Blood?
For all intent and purposes, it's Buffy. There are other baddies besides vampîres : Ghouls and werewolves and even Demons, i think. I dont know if the slayers have any powers...i dont think so...but it looks like gay Buffy, for sure.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest13
Reactions:

Post by guest13 »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 01:20
Chloe Grace Moretz? Too old?
Isn't Chloe still acting in movies? Doubt she'll accept the role unless it's like a one and done TV series like Amy Adams in Sharp Objects. TV shows tend to take a lot of time to make and unless they want to make a commitment to the project, well sideline a lot of movie roles for her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

At least Berlanti isnt part of it :P

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 02:42
At least Berlanti isnt part of it :P
Or Plec and other her people :whistle:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Now THAT is a line i would love to see more often

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Someone named Joy Blake is also part of the writing crew. All female so far. Cant say i hate it
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1703666/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 02:07
da but LMAO.

but the insistence on white wlw, or strong pro-white push for wlw couplings that im seeing in multiple threads <_< . sign of the times i guess. and the borderline QAnon-lite conspiracy theorists that say any racially diverse casting is "forced tokenism" or "trend"? If you dont think having lesbians in your cast checks a "diversity" box for these execs/studios lol. just be honest about which "trends" annoy you, eh? :fool:

i just hope folks know there are people who arent white and are lesbians that exist and should be shown on tv? /sarcasm (idek honestly). just as this board demands more overall lesbian rep? but some posters sound like TractorBoy6483825 on twitter who thinks "everything is being made gay" and "the gay agenda is shoved down their throats". idk, wild sentiments across the board.

but prayers up this gets more than one season since Netflix loves to kill their own.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 03:25
Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 02:07
da but LMAO.

but the insistence on white wlw, or strong pro-white push for wlw couplings that im seeing in multiple threads <_< . sign of the times i guess. and the borderline QAnon-lite conspiracy theorists that say any racially diverse casting is "forced tokenism" or "trend"? If you dont think having lesbians in your cast checks a "diversity" box for these execs/studios lol. just be honest about which "trends" annoy you, eh? :fool:

i just hope folks know there are people who arent white and are lesbians that exist and should be shown on tv? /sarcasm (idek honestly). just as this board demands more overall lesbian rep? but some posters sound like TractorBoy6483825 on twitter who thinks "everything is being made gay" and "the gay agenda is shoved down their throats". idk, wild sentiments across the board.

but prayers up this gets more than one season since Netflix loves to kill their own.
X2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I do selfishly hope they cast older actresses, I'm too old to ship actual teens.

guest13
Reactions:

Post by guest13 »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 04:49
I do selfishly hope they cast older actresses, I'm too old to ship actual teens.
I too like older actors, actual adults, but too many mainstream f/f couples are unfortunately from teen oriented shows. So the pickings are slim. Though who knows, maybe we'll get a Teen Wolf and qausi Glee situation where you can tell these actors are well past their teens.