What cold harsh realities hit you hardest, upon reaching adulthood?

Reactions:

What cold harsh realities hit you hardest, upon reaching adulthood?

Post by Guest »

01) Most people have no idea what they are doing and are bluffing.
02) Those cools kids in highschool that your parents said would be working for you some day if you did great in college etc... you are working for them now.
03) Looks and height have amazing power in the workplace.
04) People will do almost anything to avoid having to do work, including dumping work on others, lying etc.
05) Staying in a role for more then two to three years in the corporate world is a mistake. The current corporate climate doesn't value experts, experts are just seen as a liability.
06) You really can't work your way into higher level promotions, it is all about networking and ass kissing at a certain point.
07) You can make no mistakes and still lose, sometimes badly.
08) Besides your immediate family spouse, parents, children the people you interact with don't really care about you. You are a potential tool to be used and as soon as you no longer are useful you will be forgotten.

Reactions:

Re: What cold harsh realities hit you hardest, upon reaching adulthood?

Post by Guest »

The only person on this planet who cares about you and loves you unconditionally is your mother.

Everyone else only tolerates/cares/loves you for what you bring to the table. If you’ve got nothing to offer to the world/people, they’ll show you their true character.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 22:37
06) You really can't work your way into higher level promotions, it is all about networking and ass kissing at a certain point.
08) Besides your immediate family spouse, parents, children the people you interact with don't really care about you. You are a potential tool to be used and as soon as you no longer are useful you will be forgotten.
:rofl: Welcome to the grown-ups' world, kids

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Damn, that's intense.

One that I have realized recently:
- my body gets less and less bulletproof with age

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't have an particular talent for anything. And I'm totally lacking the social skills to make up for that. You need one or the other.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Your body has limits, you are not invincible.

Weeds prosper. There is no justice or fairness in this world.

Most people want to talk *at* someone, they don’t want to listen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hmmm I try my best to see always the good side of everything especially when I don't have my menses or not particularly down for some reason so I'd say--

As long as I have not done injustice or stepped on anyone and help those in need I pretty much don't need to reach that stage of life wherein I'll poison and corrupt my being for wordly desire but yes I do get horny that's why I have a vibrator. I'll die early so no need to work so hard to hoard assets and anything of great value.
Seeing her in person would probably my last mission😅 and then I'm all ready and set to journey so far away from all the taint of this world. After all there will be more to come after this covid19 and they are on their way.

I'll cherish the moment everyday and be grateful 💛

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Assholes are everywhere. No way to avoid them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02) Those cools kids in highschool that your parents said would be working for you some day if you did great in college etc... you are working for them now.
04) People will do almost anything to avoid having to do work, including dumping work on others, lying etc.
05) Staying in a role for more then two to three years in the corporate world is a mistake. The current corporate climate doesn't value experts, experts are just seen as a liability.

True, especially the last point.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Those billionaires or top 1% all cheated, lied, swindled and some likely killed to get there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Some people are evil and you wont notice until it is too late.

Getting bullied doesnt stop when you reach adult hood. It gets much worse.

You will get accused and blamed for things you didnt do.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That there are many hardworking people who will remain poor for the rest of their lives :sadangel:

When I was a child I thought anyone can be rich as long as they pray everyday and work hard

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

When you get to eat as many sweeties as you want you get really fat.

Shelby
Veteran
Reactions: 172

Post by Shelby »

People only care about looks.
Most people only care about themselves and what other people can do for them.
Most people don't have anything to offer me.
Making friends as an adult is difficult.
People skills and being well-connected are usually what determines whether someone is successful in their career or not.
Last edited by Shelby on 15 Oct 2020, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.
My pronouns are Cash/App and Venmo/me

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

You may not get the big, happy gay wedding of your dreams after all, even if you come out, move to a big city with a higher gay population, actively meet lesbians and date.

Shelby
Veteran
Reactions: 172

Post by Shelby »

Guest wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 23:48
You may not get the big, happy gay wedding of your dreams after all, even if you come out, move to a big city with a higher gay population, actively meet lesbians and date.
:hug:
My pronouns are Cash/App and Venmo/me

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 23:11
Hmmm I try my best to see always the good side of everything especially when I don't have my menses or not particularly down for some reason so I'd say--

As long as I have not done injustice or stepped on anyone and help those in need I pretty much don't need to reach that stage of life wherein I'll poison and corrupt my being for wordly desire but yes I do get horny that's why I have a vibrator. I'll die early so no need to work so hard to hoard assets and anything of great value.
Seeing her in person would probably my last mission😅 and then I'm all ready and set to journey so far away from all the taint of this world. After all there will be more to come after this covid19 and they are on their way.

I'll cherish the moment everyday and be grateful 💛
Who's on their way? Stop scaring me. But yeah, the world is kinda fucked in my opinion as well, but we'll see, I could just have a negative outlook recently.
Also, please don't say you're going to die early.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That I don’t really care/like to engage with people especially face to face, so I don’t know when I’ll ever be in a relationship

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Love isn’t enough.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

SO MUCH TRUTH IN THIS THREAD. :nervous: :'( :sadangel:

S*cks
Reactions:

Post by S*cks »

I learned that you while you grow up thinking your family has your back. Thinking that if you fell on hard times they would at least provide emotional support. I supported my siblings thru thick or thin, emotionally, physically and financially for years. Wow, was I wrong. My siblings didn't know me as a person growing up and we were living in the same house. When my mother passed (rented her womb, she was never a 'mother') they were cruel and nasty making statements validating that they never knew me as a person. Guess what they will NEVER know me now either. I have divorced them.
I am serious when I say I get more kindness from complete strangers.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

"Follow your passion/dreams" is really terrible career advice for probably the majority of people: a) not everyone has one, or at least not one that can be monetized, and you can end up missing out on getting into something relatively secure and comfortable if you waste a lot of time trying to find it, and b) even if you have one, it might not really be worth pursuing--you might not be good enough, you might not be competitive enough, or you might discover that you don't actually want to make the work/life balance tradeoff it may require.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Unfortunately, we live in a a dog-eat-dog world and people are worse than dogs.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

X2 why they don't teach us this kind of things when we're kids? I would just focused on my ass kissing skills than study real hard.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

#2 only applies to rich cool kids, then cool kids that studied. Otherwise, they still go to McDonalds or you're just on the same level.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 22:50
I don't have an particular talent for anything. And I'm totally lacking the social skills to make up for that. You need one or the other.
As long as you are able to make enough money to support yourself and enjoy life, who cares about being talentless? I have very few marketable skills, but have been able to keep a roof over my head and put some nice food in my belly.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

One true love doesn't exist. There will be multiple loves throughout your life. Love won't save you. No one won't save you. Love is not happiness. Love is just a temporary emotion that won't last forever. The true happiness is the absence of suffering.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 04:57
Guest wrote:
As long as you are able to make enough money to support yourself and enjoy life, who cares about being talentless? I have very few marketable skills, but have been able to keep a roof over my head and put some nice food in my belly.
i havent been able to do that. so you might not understand the extent of what i'm talking about.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Some people will never change. You can give them all the advice, support and love in the world but they can still continue being self-destructive because they're addicted to drama. You are not a hero for sticking around, just another idiot who's been scammed into supporting them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 05:20
Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 04:57
Guest wrote:
i havent been able to do that. so you might not understand the extent of what i'm talking about.
:unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Same here

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 05:17
One true love doesn't exist. There will be multiple loves throughout your life. Love won't save you. No one won't save you. Love is not happiness. Love is just a temporary emotion that won't last forever. The true happiness is the absence of suffering.
This.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 22:42
The only person on this planet who cares about you and loves you unconditionally is your mother.
Spoken as someone who has no clue of the horrors of having a mother who doesn't love you and abuses you. I'm happy for your ignorance, my friend.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just because you're related with someone doesn't mean they have your best interests at heart.

depressed
Reactions:

Post by depressed »

1. You can want something (something/someone/etc) REALLY badly. ...Like so fucking bad... And you still won't get it...
2. Bad things can happen to good people and good things can happen to bad people.
3. Hard work doesn't guarantee anything.
4. Confidence is VERY important.
5. Only family will ever truly love you unconditionally. Or if you're lucky then maybe you have a friend/partner etc who will love you unconditionally. You might not even have family which is even sadder.
6. This world is very cruel.
7. If you don't pose any sort of value to someone (doesn't have to just be money/resources kind of thing, can just mean whether or not you are entertaining to them) they won't want anything to do with you.
8. The subconscious is very powerful and you don't have much control over it.
9. The media has fed us so many lies that characterize how we think life is supposed to be. All that dumb shit like drugs, partying, sex, vacations etc...
10. This is me- specific, but I am probably gonna die alone....
:bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Many creative people in respected positions are just pretentious, rather than talented. It takes you surprisingly far. People are so scared to look dumb no one wants to point out that emperor has no clothes.

For example, once art critics praised a painting which was made by a monkey when they were told it was the work of a French artist.

This was a harsh realization because I'm so bad at bullshit but it seems like it runs the world.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

fake it till you make it!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Damn, we’re being ice cold here.

1) Unless you are well connected or are from a very wealthy family, you need to be really aggressive when chasing your career. Have a plan, get the grades, internships...gun gun gun because no one is going to make it easy for you
2) looking good is important. Most of us can’t change our facial features a lot but it’s within our power to dress in flattering clothes, go to the gym etc. Make an effort there.
3) money is important. It provides you with security, freedom, and opportunity for growth. Be mindful of whatever investments you are making with your time and education and try to take paths where you maximize your fiscal security.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

depressed wrote:
16 Oct 2020, 23:34
1. You can want something (something/someone/etc) REALLY badly. ...Like so fucking bad... And you still won't get it...
2. Bad things can happen to good people and good things can happen to bad people.
3. Hard work doesn't guarantee anything.
4. Confidence is VERY important.
5. Only family will ever truly love you unconditionally. Or if you're lucky then maybe you have a friend/partner etc who will love you unconditionally. You might not even have family which is even sadder.
6. This world is very cruel.
7. If you don't pose any sort of value to someone (doesn't have to just be money/resources kind of thing, can just mean whether or not you are entertaining to them) they won't want anything to do with you.
8. The subconscious is very powerful and you don't have much control over it.
9. The media has fed us so many lies that characterize how we think life is supposed to be. All that dumb shit like drugs, partying, sex, vacations etc...
10. This is me- specific, but I am probably gonna die alone....
:bigcry:
These are all so true, stand by them as well.
1, 2 and 3 hit especially fucking hard.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Most people are either uninformed or ill-informed on most issues. The people who are ill-informed are much more dangerous because usually they are 100% sure they are correct.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

"You would worry less about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

"Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Coming out of the closet is not worth it. Homophobia will make you mentally illed and therefore ruin your quality of life until you die. Also, you may never find a girl you loves you unconditionally. She might cheat on you, get bored, dump you. Only your nuclear family gives a shit about you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This was a harsh reality in the beginning. But it turned into a blessing.
"We, not others, are responsible for our feelings".

Simple
Reactions:

Post by Simple »

Summed up.

Life sucks

Then

You die

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Oct 2020, 08:39
Coming out of the closet is not worth it. Homophobia will make you mentally illed and therefore ruin your quality of life until you die. Also, you may never find a girl you loves you unconditionally. She might cheat on you, get bored, dump you. Only your nuclear family gives a shit about you.
Is this true for everyone?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Most people are idiots, incapable of intellectual and deep thinking.
They stay onthe surface, never dig deeper.

A degree doesn’t guarantee intelligence. Like, at all.
But not having a degree at all is a bad sign too.
Very few people are autodidacts.

Unconditional love doesn’t exist.
It’s impossible and frankly shouldn’t exist.
It’s a way for assholes to guilt-trip their mothers into loving them even when they have done horrific things.

No, there isn’t a special someone for everybody.
Some women never find a partner and stay single.

People who insist they have great friends who will die for them are simply trying to reassure themselves.
Friends won’t be there for you.
Cold but true.

We are all terrified of being alone.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Simple wrote:
17 Oct 2020, 15:47
Summed up.

Life sucks

Then

You die
Or if you want to be lyrical about it:
Cause it's a bittersweet symphony this life
Trying to make ends meet, you're a slave to the money then you die.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I studied in one if the best design schools of my country and discovered, that in the end my talent and abilities are mediocre at the best, plus I don't have that deep built inner passion towards anything really, that seems to be the driving force for so many people.

I discovered that you most definitely can not be whatever you want to be, even if people keep telling you that you can. Hard work isn't enough when you lack the talent.

It's depressing to realize all you really are is mediocre, and spending time with people who aren't, and realizing no matter how hard you try, mediocre is all you'll ever be.

guesr
Reactions:

Post by guesr »

What cold harsh realities hit you hardest, upon reaching adulthood? $$$$$$$$$$$$$ Lack thereof.