Reactions:

Re: The Prom Netflix Musical

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Jan 2021, 05:52
Guest wrote:
26 Dec 2020, 21:48
OG Emma&Alyssa :heart:
They are both really cute and both out as bisexual. Never saw the show live but I've seen a few bootlegs from the musical and its way superior to the movie.
DA Found out a week ago that Izzy McCalla is bi. I've had a crush on her ever since I watched the bootleg, really happy about it :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 12:41
Guest wrote:
24 Jan 2021, 05:52
Guest wrote:
26 Dec 2020, 21:48
OG Emma&Alyssa :heart:
They are both really cute and both out as bisexual. Never saw the show live but I've seen a few bootlegs from the musical and its way superior to the movie.
DA Found out a week ago that Izzy McCalla is bi. I've had a crush on her ever since I watched the bootleg, really happy about it :$
Same. :$
I got sucked into a youtube blackhole recently and watched a lot of her stuff. She's awesome. I also really love her and Caitlin's friendship. They are adorable together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

All you lucky anons in Japan!
You might recognize the actress playing Alice from Alice in Borderland.
Takarazuka fans will spot a former Top Star in the cast!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yes! I am so happy for Ellen Jo and Ariana!!!
:dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 16:38

The fact that neither of them - nor Meryl - is nominated... but Codren is, is fucking ridiculous

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 16:50
Guest wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 16:38

The fact that neither of them - nor Meryl - is nominated... but Codren is, is fucking ridiculous
Ok. At least the movie has a Golden Globe Nomination!
It was Ellen's first movie ever and it has a global nomination? It's a big deal!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why is anyone surprised that Corden gets a nomination? Remember Jonah Hill? :rofl: Hollywood loves talentless overweight dudes!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

No one should take golden globes seriously, it’s the like the second most mocked award...the first is Grammys. It’s well known these awards are bought. That said I’m excited to see the cast at the show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 20:58
Why is anyone surprised that Corden gets a nomination? Remember Jonah Hill? :rofl: Hollywood loves talentless overweight dudes!
Why are you so obsessed with this dude?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 21:14
Guest wrote:
Sorry. Did I offend your favorite dude or something? :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 21:24
Guest wrote:
03 Feb 2021, 21:14
Guest wrote:
Sorry. Did I offend your favorite dude or something? :rofl:
What?? I didn't even know him before the movie
But why are people so obsessed with him? He did something?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The Broadway show was waaaay better. I also felt the Emma and Alyssa on stage had better chemistry. By a lot.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2021, 22:02
The Broadway show was waaaay better. I also felt the Emma and Alyssa on stage had better chemistry. By a lot.
Yes yes yes! I watched this video of the broadway production
It’s the last performance so everyone is extra emotional, especially during the finale
Plus Izzy and Caitlin fully make out at the end :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2021, 22:38
Guest wrote:
It’s the last performance so everyone is extra emotional, especially during the finale
Thanks for the video!! I've been trying to find one for ages. That kiss at the end was super hot (well, both kisses are). Caitlin's lip bite at the end :heart: I know it was probably an acting thing but I loved that.

I feel like the movie is fine for the attempt (and I'm glad young lesbians have something...I'm super young myself but if I had this ten years ago I'd probably start feeling lot better about myself). But damn there's something about the musical itself. Seeing Izzy and Caitlin makes me feel.....at home. I just love it so much. I also think their characters were a lot more fleshed out in the Broadway show which probably explains why I feel so connected to them in the show rather then the movie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Izzie and Caitlin are adorable, I miss them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Apr 2021, 22:38
Guest wrote:
This has so much more heart than the movie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu6zcVl ... kstageBite

Caitlin licks frosting off Izzy finger in this video :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 01:24

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

These two have such a weird relationship. I follow them for a while now... they had insta stories where they give each other face hickeys, blowing into each other mouths, randomly kissing in the middle of the street, doing butt masks, they always call each other “babe”. I can’t believe they never hooked up

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 02:19
Guest wrote:

These two have such a weird relationship. I follow them for a while now... they had insta stories where they give each other face hickeys, blowing into each other mouths, randomly kissing in the middle of the street, doing butt masks, they always call each other “babe”. I can’t believe they never hooked up
I agree! I feel like regarding them kissing in the middle of the street (I think the picture you're talking about might be one that happened during rehearsal, but I could be wrong) might be more of a comfort thing, I mean STILL kind of weird :lol: but maybe if you've kissed someone for 8 shows a week for months on end you up becoming super close and kissing is no big deal? These two just seem so incredible comfortable with each other off camera.

What makes me laugh is there's some actresses who play gay that practically avoid each other like the plague. No pictures together, no mention of each other on social media. Not that I agree with pandering, but it's like....you two are actors. It's okay. I know both Caitlin and Izzy are already out as not straight but they don't seem to be worried if people think they hooked up/dated.

You can't tell me the frosting thing wasn't super flirty. I got a little turned on watching that exchange lmao.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They also kissed here

Some more cute videos

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 05:03
They also kissed here

Some more cute videos

Thanks for these! They have amazing chemistry. I love their kisses too

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
X2.

i didn’t feel any chemistry from the movie alyssa and emma

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 15:36
Guest wrote:
X2.

i didn’t feel any chemistry from the movie alyssa and emma
I don't blame the actresses at all, I think they were working with what they got. But it should tell you all you need to know when you go on the Netflix youtube page and "Emma and Alyssa's love story" is only 12 minutes long....out of a almost 2 hour movie.

It might be a blessing in disguise that Caitlin and Izzy weren't cast in the movie, they made The Prom what it was so let's not ruin it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Have any of you guys ever watched the pre-Broadway Atlanta show that is floating around the internet? Izzy hadnt been cast yet as Alyssa. She is played by a blonde girl here. There is scene that they cut for the broadway show where they kiss a bunch of times and it leads to them singing "You happened"... which is only sung by the two of them.

I really like it but I can see why they wanted the big kiss at the end of the show.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Apr 2021, 17:48
Have any of you guys ever watched the pre-Broadway Atlanta show that is floating around the internet? Izzy hadnt been cast yet as Alyssa. She is played by a blonde girl here. There is scene that they cut for the broadway show where they kiss a bunch of times and it leads to them singing "You happened"... which is only sung by the two of them.

I really like it but I can see why they wanted the big kiss at the end of the show.
I haven't watched the Broadway show yet (trying to find the time to do so!) but how often do they kiss in the show? Just the big one at the end of the musical?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Did anyone else dislike movie Emma's outfits? I know it's a movie blah blah but she always had on these super put together outfits on, and what teen looks like that really? Emma Nolan is supposed to be kind of finding her footing in the beginning too.

Stage Emma had more believable outfits, comfy casual. I also feel like they femmed her up in the movie while on stage she was still a bit of a tomboy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 00:17
Guest wrote:

I haven't watched the Broadway show yet (trying to find the time to do so!) but how often do they kiss in the show? Just the big one at the end of the musical?
Yep, just the one at the end.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 00:42
Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 00:17
Guest wrote:

Yep, just the one at the end.
Oh wow, I had no idea. Honestly the way the two actors are so comfortable kissing each other I thought they were kissing multiple times during the show :lol: I remember watching them perform "You Happened" on the VIew and they kissed at the end of it. I was disappointed when I found out they don't actually do it in the show!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

I'm always up for kissing but I think the fact we have to wait for the big kiss at the end (when everyone gets a happy ending) makes it more impactful for me. Considering all Emma wants to do is dance with her girlfriend at prom and eventually kiss her in front of everyone.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yay I’m so happy with the Cait/Iz appreciation here let’s hijack the thread for some more great moments

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

As much as I thought the movie could've been so much better, at least it'll give a massive boost to the actual musical once things get back to normal. I'm so ready to see it live!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 17:53
As much as I thought the movie could've been so much better, at least it'll give a massive boost to the actual musical once things get back to normal. I'm so ready to see it live!
Unfortunately it closed on Broadway already long before the pandemic but there was a national US tour planned so I hope you get to see it then!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Caitlin and Izzy are the closest co-stars I've ever seen lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^I love how in the 3rd video you hear someone in the audience say "they look so cute" :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 18:09
Guest wrote:
Unfortunately it closed on Broadway already long before the pandemic but there was a national US tour planned so I hope you get to see it then!
I hope the National Tour still happens. I think it was supposed to start running in 2021 anyway. On the official website it just says postponed but I hope they don't cancel it or anything.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Definitely hoping for a tour! :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Will Izzy and Caitlin be still involved or will it be different people?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 17:12
Yay I’m so happy with the Cait/Iz appreciation here let’s hijack the thread for some more great moments

I hope for their sake that they at least hooked up once cause wtf... the sexual tension is insane lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 21:29
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da but I'm pretty sure national tours almost never have the Broadway cast

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 21:33
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Thought so. That kinda sucks.
I feel like the whole OG cast is super charming and it wont be the same without them.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 21:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I feel like the whole OG cast is super charming and it wont be the same without them.
It does make me wishfully think that covid might have changed things. In my heart I know I won't be able to see Caitlin and Izzy on stage, but how great would that be? It's not like Dear Evan Hansen where they switched out the main guy 3 or 4 times because the show kept running. Or Hamilton which has several different casts besides the original. I wish they could have some sort of reunion since the show did close.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 21:48
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It does make me wishfully think that covid might have changed things. In my heart I know I won't be able to see Caitlin and Izzy on stage, but how great would that be? It's not like Dear Evan Hansen where they switched out the main guy 3 or 4 times because the show kept running. Or Hamilton which has several different casts besides the original. I wish they could have some sort of reunion since the show did close.
Zoom reunion

Fun fact: There was a benefit reading of Fun Home (yet another lesbian theater gem) and Caitlin and Izzy read for Medium Alison and Joan

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It would be amazing. But hasnt Caitlin been cast in that weird nun CW show? She's probably too busy anyways.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 22:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Zoom reunion

Fun fact: There was a benefit reading of Fun Home (yet another lesbian theater gem) and Caitlin and Izzy read for Medium Alison and Joan
Da
Oh I loved Fun Home. There is probably no video of the reading, is there?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 22:04
Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 22:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Zoom reunion

Da
Oh I loved Fun Home. There is probably no video of the reading, is there?
Not that I could find :sadangel: but if anyone finds it please share!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 22:02
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It would be amazing. But hasnt Caitlin been cast in that weird nun CW show? She's probably too busy anyways.
Oh that's true, I forgot about that. It's a bummer but I'm happy for her. I enjoyed watching the Zoom reunion though, thanks to the anon that shared it!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 21:32
Guest wrote:

I hope for their sake that they at least hooked up once cause wtf... the sexual tension is insane lmao
The videos of them waking up together though :wub: but damn they really are comfortable with each other. They look like real girlfriends while cuddling.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I loveee hearing Izzy sing Alyssa Greene, but damn does that song make me sob. I had/have a helicopter mother and have been dumped because I wasn't out yet. She really nails it, being torn between 2 worlds. Especially when you're only 18. Ugh my heart. I need to listen to "You Happened" to make me smile again.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Apr 2021, 21:32
Guest wrote:

I don't understand how these two had one kiss a show and have this much sexual chemistry.