The World to Come (starring Vanessa Kirby and Katherine Waterston)

Reactions:

Re: The World to Come (starring Vanessa Kirby and Katherine Waterston)

Post by Guest »

Guestii wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 19:32
Does anyone want me to make gifs from Italian Studies?
Please!!!!!
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Are you our reliabre gif provider anon? Thank you!
And please tell us how you felt about the movie, if you´ve seen it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest7 wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 01:12
And how could Vanessa resist Katherine?
Been watching that for months... cannot stop.

Drik@
Reactions: 4

Post by Drik@ »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 13:35
Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 12:57
Another link that i found. Did Abegail bit her lip 0:03 i did not notice that before.
Yes, and Tallie was grinning like a loon lol She is so cheeky im this whole scene
:heart: Yes and in just this small part with not many words, but the expressions talk loudly. I could hear again and again and again

Guestii
Reactions:

Post by Guestii »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 19:38
Guestii wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 19:32
Does anyone want me to make gifs from Italian Studies?
Please!!!!!
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Are you our reliable gif provider anon? Thank you!
And please tell us how you felt about the movie, if you´ve seen it.
Yes lmao :rofl: i'm the og reliable gif provider anon just lurking around :spy: i haven't been engaging much lately but still come here from time to time to laugh and be amused with all of your chaotic theories about kirbston lol :heart:
y'all are really funny still even though sometimes it does seem we're about to lose our minds with the irl shipping we bounce back really quick to sanity land.

anywaaay... yes i'm about to start watching Italian Studies and i'll try to make some gifs for this thread and share them later :goldstar:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 19:05
Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 18:59
Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 18:29
Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 18:12
Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 16:27

Her partner probably lives in New York where Katherine normally lives.

She was supposed to be in London for a limited time to film Fantastic Beasts, but Covid came along. Covid made filming on Fantastic Beasts stop start. Then there were travel rules restricting travel to the US.

Moving house doesn’t mean the break up of a relationship. It might mean getting some private garden space for you and your kid when you didn’t plan on being in a city so long or needing private outdoor space.

She obviously loves V as a friend and talented colleague.
This neverending guessing game. ‘Probably’ this ‘obviously’ that lol. This is what happens when you stan a ninja like Katherine.
The only thing that makes a little bit doubtful that KW’s partner lives in NY & that her UK stay was supposed to be temporary is the fact that KW gave birth to her child in London (I’m assuming, perhaps wrongly) quite a while ago, before TWTC & FB. Was she filming something else in the UK way back then?
Do we actually know for sure that Katherine has a current partner in NY?
no. she’s said she has a partner. She hasn’t said she’s single.

Had a partner since we are talking about an old interview from last year. Currently? We don't know.

Anyway, anyone got any gifs of Vanessa in her new movie? ^_^

Drik@
Reactions: 4

Post by Drik@ »

Guest7 wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 16:21
Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 16:14
Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 15:57
Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 11:24
Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 09:42

Oh, is Vanessa the third gender? :lol:
Don’t want to be a Debbie Downer to all those folks who get a kick out of shipping V & K and imagining there’s something more, but the interview definitely sounds like K is in a ltr. People use ‘partner’ only after it’s been a while. If she’s mentioned that she’s been living on her own, he could be in the business too & be away working for spells, or just not based in London.
All the stuff with V is probably bc she’s massively enthusiastic about V but superstraight so she & her partner don’t see it like you do.
We really keep going round in circles with this but this is an old interview from last year. I believe September 2020. Since then KW has mentioned that she has moved house. She mentioned about living alone with her son and joked about "just being happy to talk to someone".

She even had to reschedule an interview to put her son to bed as he would'nt sleep. This was during lockdown and I assume in the evening. Most of us were stuck in doors during lockdown so if she had a partner they should have been around to support. This suggests to me that she lives alone with her son and the ex-partner is potentially not the Father of her child. (Potential ex-partner disnt travel to USA with her and new baby to see her family. Also doesn't seem to travel anywhere with her...Venice etc) Also in one interview it very much sounded like she was relating something about TWTC back to her and her past relationship and a break up. We analysed it in here at the time and we all pretty much were in agreement about it. So all signs are pointing to her and her partner that she was living with during lockdown splitting up and KW moving to another house.

And as for the things KW has said and posted on instagram about VK; lets be real its more than being friendly. I just don't think Katherine can help herself when it comes to Vanessa and she just posts and says how she feels. Don't even get me started on KW handwriting letters and hand delivering them to Vanessa.
Exactly, it's like folks forget what we've already analyzed and established with their off the charts connection and attraction to each other, specially with their body language in the film, in Venice and their exchanges in Zoom interviews, along with K's posts.
I mean, they can be or not be in a relationship right now, I'm really ok if they're not, but honestly, I think both find each other very attractive emotionally, physically and intelectually, regardless of the past male relationships they had in the past, therefore, I don't believe either of them are straight.
Love it! :dance2:
:dance2: :heart: :hug:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Drik@ wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 22:58
Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 21:28
Guest7 wrote:
06 Jun 2021, 01:44
Oh to be kissed and desired like this.... is this heaven on earth?
Never gets old................ I really can't imagine that Vanessa and Katherine did not feel affected
by this at all, such incredible tenderness--so much more than acting.

The last two gifs. Kathrine has turned to mush. It seems to be happening in the moment when she blinks her eyes fast a few times. And then mush, bright red mush.
Never get old... I agree I am become mush watching these two. Too much love
Totally agree with the smuch... It’s incredible their chemestry.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 22:40
Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 19:05
Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 18:59
Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 18:29
Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 18:12

This neverending guessing game. ‘Probably’ this ‘obviously’ that lol. This is what happens when you stan a ninja like Katherine.
The only thing that makes a little bit doubtful that KW’s partner lives in NY & that her UK stay was supposed to be temporary is the fact that KW gave birth to her child in London (I’m assuming, perhaps wrongly) quite a while ago, before TWTC & FB. Was she filming something else in the UK way back then?
Do we actually know for sure that Katherine has a current partner in NY?
no. she’s said she has a partner. She hasn’t said she’s single.

Had a partner since we are talking about an old interview from last year. Currently? We don't know.

Anyway, anyone got any gifs of Vanessa in her new movie? ^_^
pretty pretty please put the gifs under SPOILER, some folks wouldn’t want to see it before watching the film (me being one of them) :wub:

Guest7
Reactions:

Post by Guest7 »

Katherine is listed as producer on web searches.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest7 wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 01:37
Sorce? Link? :blinkwide:

guest 22
Reactions:

Post by guest 22 »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guesteu wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 09:37

Ahh i see. Thx for the Info. So the partner can be male, female or Vanessa?
Don’t want to be a Debbie Downer to all those folks who get a kick out of shipping V & K and imagining there’s something more, but the interview definitely sounds like K is in a ltr. People use ‘partner’ only after it’s been a while. If she’s mentioned that she’s been living on her own, he could be in the business too & be away working for spells, or just not based in London.
All the stuff with V is probably bc she’s massively enthusiastic about V but superstraight so she & her partner don’t see it like you do.
We really keep going round in circles with this but this is an old interview from last year. I believe September 2020. Since then KW has mentioned that she has moved house. She mentioned about living alone with her son and joked about "just being happy to talk to someone".

She even had to reschedule an interview to put her son to bed as he would'nt sleep. This was during lockdown and I assume in the evening. Most of us were stuck in doors during lockdown so if she had a partner they should have been around to support. This suggests to me that she lives alone with her son and the ex-partner is potentially not the Father of her child. (Potential ex-partner disnt travel to USA with her and new baby to see her family. Also doesn't seem to travel anywhere with her...Venice etc) Also in one interview it very much sounded like she was relating something about TWTC back to her and her past relationship and a break up. We analysed it in here at the time and we all pretty much were in agreement about it. So all signs are pointing to her and her partner that she was living with during lockdown splitting up and KW moving to another house.

And as for the things KW has said and posted on instagram about VK; lets be real its more than being friendly. I just don't think Katherine can help herself when it comes to Vanessa and she just posts and says how she feels. Don't even get me started on KW handwriting letters and hand delivering them to Vanessa.

She was supposed to be in London for a limited time to film Fantastic Beasts, but Covid came along. Covid made filming on Fantastic Beasts stop start. Then there were travel rules restricting travel to the US.

Moving house doesn’t mean the break up of a relationship. It might mean getting some private garden space for you and your kid when you didn’t plan on being in a city so long or needing private outdoor space.

Katherine Waterston has been living in England since 2017 this was confirmed by her best friend H (close friend for 15 years and also friend with most of her other bffs) Fantastic beasts is one of the reasons but the most important one is very clear, she wanted to be a mother!!! plus she can control her career there in the same way but with more privacy which is the key

Guestttttt
Reactions:

Post by Guestttttt »

Guest7 wrote:
A producer of what?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest 22 wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 01:57
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Katherine Waterston has been living in England since 2017 this was confirmed by her best friend H (close friend for 15 years and also friend with most of her other bffs) Fantastic beasts is one of the reasons but the most important one is very clear, she wanted to be a mother!!! plus she can control her career there in the same way but with more privacy which is the key
So this rules out her partner living in New York.

I do wonder why she didn't leave her baby boy with her partner while she went to film TWTC. Even if she wanted to be close to him, why bring him all the way to Romania knowing she was going to be working long, intense hours (even rehearsing on Sundays) and she'd need a nanny 24/7 to take care of him while she worked. Why not just have her partner take care of him in London during those 3 to 4 weeks that it took to film the movie? Doesn't make sense to me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 03:38
guest 22 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I do wonder why she didn't leave her baby boy with her partner while she went to film TWTC. Even if she wanted to be close to him, why bring him all the way to Romania knowing she was going to be working long, intense hours (even rehearsing on Sundays) and she'd need a nanny 24/7 to take care of him while she worked. Why not just have her partner take care of him in London during those 3 to 4 weeks that it took to film the movie? Doesn't make sense to me.
Sorry how did you know she took her baby to Romania?

Guest67
Reactions:

Post by Guest67 »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 04:01
Guest wrote:
guest 22 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

V said it in one of the interviews. Come on people, the baby was too small to be separated from a mother. She might have been still breastfeeding him.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest67 wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 04:10
Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 04:01
Guest wrote:
guest 22 wrote:
Guest wrote:

V said it in one of the interviews. Come on people, the baby was too small to be separated from a mother. She might have been still breastfeeding him.
ok if she did took him to Romania, I don't think K has a partner

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I guess she probably didn't want to be separated from him. Though I don't think he was that little, since she did take him to the States quite a few months before shooting TWTC. My guess is he must have been at least 4 or 5 months old when they filmed the movie.

So yeah, either she didn't want to be away from him, or she simply didn't have anyone she trusted to take care of him back home.

Babies require A LOT of attention all day every day, you wouldn't bring one to your workplace in a foreign country (in the middle of fucking nowhere) unless you didn't have a choice. It's simply not safe.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestttttt wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 03:23
Guest7 wrote:
A producer of what?
da. I only found 1 credit. Executive producer for a 49min project directed by her brother.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 04:52
I guess she probably didn't want to be separated from him. Though I don't think he was that little, since she did take him to the States quite a few months before shooting TWTC. My guess is he must have been at least 4 or 5 months old when they filmed the movie.

So yeah, either she didn't want to be away from him, or she simply didn't have anyone she trusted to take care of him back home.

Babies require A LOT of attention all day every day, you wouldn't bring one to your workplace in a foreign country (in the middle of fucking nowhere) unless you didn't have a choice. It's simply not safe.
If you ask most mothers if they are willing to be separated from their babies when they are that young for more than a couple of days if there is any other option, they'll say no. If the baby is still nursing, this is even more true, because just abruptly stopping would be traumatic for both the child and the mother.

I don't know that safety was that much a concern. It seems like they were in a rural area, not a totally isolated area where they had no access to any emergency services and had people that could translate if necessary. She probably just had a full time nanny and took as many breaks as she could. Also, if she is co-parenting with someone, we have no idea what kind of obligations that person has.

Sez
Reactions: 6

Post by Sez »

Hey Ladies,

So it's not wishful thinking because I don't particularly care if straight actors play gay ones as long as it's convincing. But, does anyone get a vibe that perhaps this film/kiss scene ignited something dormant in the actors perhaps? Like some sort of awakening? Because KW seems absolutely besotted with VK, the way she looks at her sometimes makes me wonder lol.

More to the point, the film. OMG I've been a mess for a whole week, today is the first day I am forcing myself not to watch this movie :-(

This film should have taken another direction, a dark one, but one that ended slightly happy with Abigail and Tallie ending up together. Abigail was robbed of so much and her pain is near palpable. But for me the heartbreak isn't just over the lost love for Abigail, it's the thought of her being imprisoned on that farm, lonely, grief stricken, no prospects, until she basically dies. That had an even bigger impact on me. Dyer was a nice guy, I liked him, he was a clueless man but he did love his wife. Abigail probably didn't realise how lucky she was given the times they lived in.

Can someone clarify the ending for me please. Was Abigail imagining Tallie or was she hallucinating? I can't imagine Dyer saying or using those words. So if it was an imagination, was Tallie basically telling Abigail that:

1. Yes, her life sucks. It will be lonely and hard but through her imagination she will be able to cope and get by?

Or

2. She will eventually find other happiness in life (perhaps more kids, meeting someone else, leaving the farm etc) but she will also always have the memories of Tallie to hold onto.

Sorry for the lengthy post, does anyone think there will ever be a sequel where she does kill Finney and she finds happiness elsewhere? I'm also curious about how others viewed the ending, do you think Abigail will forever be miserable or do you think that she will find other happiness and something to give her purpose in life?

I really want to have a chat with some people about it as a form of therapy lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sez wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 08:30
Hey Ladies,

So it's not wishful thinking because I don't particularly care if straight actors play gay ones as long as it's convincing. But, does anyone get a vibe that perhaps this film/kiss scene ignited something dormant in the actors perhaps? Like some sort of awakening? Because KW seems absolutely besotted with VK, the way she looks at her sometimes makes me wonder lol.

More to the point, the film. OMG I've been a mess for a whole week, today is the first day I am forcing myself not to watch this movie :-(

This film should have taken another direction, a dark one, but one that ended slightly happy with Abigail and Tallie ending up together. Abigail was robbed of so much and her pain is near palpable. But for me the heartbreak isn't just over the lost love for Abigail, it's the thought of her being imprisoned on that farm, lonely, grief stricken, no prospects, until she basically dies. That had an even bigger impact on me. Dyer was a nice guy, I liked him, he was a clueless man but he did love his wife. Abigail probably didn't realise how lucky she was given the times they lived in.

Can someone clarify the ending for me please. Was Abigail imagining Tallie or was she hallucinating? I can't imagine Dyer saying or using those words. So if it was an imagination, was Tallie basically telling Abigail that:

1. Yes, her life sucks. It will be lonely and hard but through her imagination she will be able to cope and get by?

Or

2. She will eventually find other happiness in life (perhaps more kids, meeting someone else, leaving the farm etc) but she will also always have the memories of Tallie to hold onto.

Sorry for the lengthy post, does anyone think there will ever be a sequel where she does kill Finney and she finds happiness elsewhere? I'm also curious about how others viewed the ending, do you think Abigail will forever be miserable or do you think that she will find other happiness and something to give her purpose in life?

In my head I have two outcomes. There's the realistic one where she is miserable, unfulfilled, and isolated for the rest of her life. She and Dwyer probably both end up dying prematurely from something dumb like dysentery or tetanus.

Then there's my ridiculous dream scenario where a chance encounter leads her to become involved with a group of female abolitionists that help smuggle runaway slaves to communities in upstate New York or Canada, giving her a new sense of purpose and a community. She either leaves Dwyer or he dies, I don't really care.

Sez

Post by Sez »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 09:11
Sez wrote:
Hey Ladies,

Or

In my head I have two outcomes. There's the realistic one where she is miserable, unfulfilled, and isolated for the rest of her life. She and Dwyer probably both end up dying prematurely from something dumb like dysentery or tetanus.

Then there's my ridiculous dream scenario where a chance encounter leads her to become involved with a group of female abolitionists that help smuggle runaway slaves to communities in upstate New York or Canada, giving her a new sense of purpose and a community. She either leaves Dwyer or he dies, I don't really care.
Actually, I really like your second scenario. I think if a sequel was ever made in LA LA Land then this would be epic. Dyer ends up dying young and Abigail grieves given that I do believe she loved him in a way. His death is the catalyst, she realises that she can't manage the farm alone and also that she wants more out of life. This drives her to be brave and venture out. I know many people would hate me for saying it, but I would be happy if Abigail met another woman with whom she did spend her life with, and she has Tallie to thank because she was her first true love. Tallie showed Abigail what real love feels like and opened up doors for her that she never imagined.

Amazing how much a movie can affect our emotions, I want to fast forward 6 months from now so that I am no longer thinking about this film lol.
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
guest 22 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Are you a mother? You’ve got to be kidding me... leave your baby???? No way.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

he did what :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 10:32

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sez wrote:
Hey Ladies,

Or

Welcome to the club, Sez :hug: It's nice to read such an interesting post from someone who has seen the movie recently. Unfortunately, I won't bring you any comfort since I have seen the movie the first time in March and I still haven't recovered yet. This thread has slightly taken another direction over the pages but, if you haven't done it yet, you can scroll back to the earlier pages. You will read wonderful and in-depth analysis of pretty much all the scenes of the movies.
I'd like to imagine that Abigail ends up killing Finney but I'm worried about the consequences she would have to face for an act like that. At the same time, I believe that Finney will be punished for his crime in one way or another. I love your question: does anyone get a vibe that perhaps this film/kiss scene ignited something dormant in the actors perhaps? Like some sort of awakening?
You phrased it perfectly. It's a possibility, right? It will never happen but I'm craving to see all the takes of their first kiss. Mona chose mostly the first take because sthg happened, we could all see the physical change etc... So how were the other takes? Did they get comfortable kissing each another? Was the dynamic different?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 09:58
Guest wrote:
guest 22 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Are you a mother? You’ve got to be kidding me... leave your baby???? No way.
As a mother one month away from my baby is definitely too much….
anyways The fact that K could have a male partner doesn’t make me change my mind. It can happen to feel attracted to someone else….Also K doesn’t seem a classic straight mom if you know what I mean. Maybe that kind of movie (TWTC)awakened in her “those feelings “. I don’t know exactly what has happened but I’m sure V and K are attracted to each other. I always knew they weren’t in a relationship but ,looking those interviews and photos,I would say they made out extra movie

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest 22 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da. ^o) Why would it be easier for KW to be a mother in the UK than in the US? Genuine question :hmmm:

Is it more private? Didn’t Harry & Meghan move to the US for more privacy?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 10:40
Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 10:32
forgot the link here

Sez

Post by Sez »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 11:13
Sez wrote:
Hey Ladies,

Or

Welcome to the club, Sez :hug: It's nice to read such an interesting post from someone who has seen the movie recently. Unfortunately, I won't bring you any comfort since I have seen the movie the first time in March and I still haven't recovered yet. This thread has slightly taken another direction over the pages but, if you haven't done it yet, you can scroll back to the earlier pages. You will read wonderful and in-depth analysis of pretty much all the scenes of the movies.
I'd like to imagine that Abigail ends up killing Finney but I'm worried about the consequences she would have to face for an act like that. At the same time, I believe that Finney will be punished for his crime in one way or another. I love your question: does anyone get a vibe that perhaps this film/kiss scene ignited something dormant in the actors perhaps? Like some sort of awakening?
You phrased it perfectly. It's a possibility, right? It will never happen but I'm craving to see all the takes of their first kiss. Mona chose mostly the first take because sthg happened, we could all see the physical change etc... So how were the other takes? Did they get comfortable kissing each another? Was the dynamic different?
Thanks for the warm welcome :P

I am indeed trying to get through the abundant amount of messages, some really good personal views on the movie. I am trying to read some pages each day, but I was compelled to post a message in this board because talking about it is therapy lol it just affected me so much.

Like yourself, I would like to imagine that she did kill Finney and got away with it because the isolation and lack of technology might allow her to evade a conviction. I don't know how you or others felt, but the movie had a profound impact on me because of how bleak her future looks, if the movie had of fast forwarded a few years and showed us a quick glimpse of her new life I would have been devastated less. She always wanted to see the ocean I read somewhere, so maybe a shot of her by the sea would have been beautiful. We could infer from a scene like this that Tallie showed her what real love was but she also opened up doors for Abigail, to be braver and pursue a life that would satisfy her. Sadly, the way the film ended only leaves us with the feeling that she probably worked on that farm, in a loveless marriage, until death took her at probably a young age.

So back to reality, in regards to my question that you think I phrased well (thank you by the way) I really do get vibes. I have watched a few interviews and really looked at body language, facial expressions, things said, things not said. I also read that KW was admiring VK from a distance at a party. My theory is, KW was in fact drawn to VK like she said, she admired her from afar. I don't know if KW was even aware of what she was feeling because sometimes we are drawn to someone and not sure why. I think though once this movie happened including that electric kiss scene KW became enamored by VK, it's like something suddenly woke up and the reactions we were seeing in 'the film' were actually real and KW really was stunned. VK on the other hand is giving me uncertain vibes, sometimes they seem so drawn to each other in interviews and other times it's like KW is pinning over VK who doesn't reciprocate and KW is kinda chasing her. But, it's possible that VK could also be interested but is very confused about what she is feeling, perhaps is trying to hide it, we just don't know...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 11:18
guest 22 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da. ^o) Why would it be easier for KW to be a mother in the UK than in the US? Genuine question :hmmm:

Well, yes, but Harry & Meghan are British and more likely to be hounded by the press in UK that in the US.

The opposite is true for KW (on a different scale). I bet if she walks down the street in London she feels quite anonymous.

It's about relative privacy, and this depends on where you are more famous. If Elena Anaya was walking down the center of Madrid, people would know her. If she walks in London, I bet she's much freer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 20:20
Guest7 wrote:
13 Jun 2021, 01:12
And how could Vanessa resist Katherine?
Been watching that for months... cannot stop.
not wishing to doubt KW’s perfection , but is

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Since we are discussing the movie, the one point that I found inconsistent was that Tallie did not tell Abigail how in danger she was. She said something to the effect of "there's many things you don't know." And she talked enough about Finney that Abigail can put the pieces together later, but when she went to the second dinner, and asked outright about Tallie's neck, Tallie was not forthright, which is OOC for her.

Some of it is explained in that she does not want a golden cage, she does not want to compromise, while Abigail would be willing to carry on the way they have - balancing Dyer and Finney and their relationship. Tallie clearly does not want that, and says no to the concept of a jail existing to "their advantage."

But, still, I am upset with Tallie that she kept Abigail in the dark somewhat, and this no doubt will make Abigail suffer in years to come... going over why she did not do something sooner, why she did not see it.

Mona was cruel, making Abigail arrive just when she did, with Tallie having died maybe 2-3 hours prior... I can see that torturing Abigail.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 11:55
Guest wrote:
guest 22 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well, yes, but Harry & Meghan are British and more likely to be hounded by the press in UK that in the US.

The opposite is true for KW (on a different scale). I bet if she walks down the street in London she feels quite anonymous.

It's about relative privacy, and this depends on where you are more famous. If Elena Anaya was walking down the center of Madrid, people would know her. If she walks in London, I bet she's much freer.
I don't think it's just about being recognised, KW holds dual citizenship and can benefit from the British NHS during the birth and raising of her child. Of course, she can lead a more lowkey lifestyle in the UK, too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sez wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 11:34
Guest wrote:
Sez wrote:
Hey Ladies,

Or

I am indeed trying to get through the abundant amount of messages, some really good personal views on the movie. I am trying to read some pages each day, but I was compelled to post a message in this board because talking about it is therapy lol it just affected me so much.

Like yourself, I would like to imagine that she did kill Finney and got away with it because the isolation and lack of technology might allow her to evade a conviction. I don't know how you or others felt, but the movie had a profound impact on me because of how bleak her future looks, if the movie had of fast forwarded a few years and showed us a quick glimpse of her new life I would have been devastated less. She always wanted to see the ocean I read somewhere, so maybe a shot of her by the sea would have been beautiful. We could infer from a scene like this that Tallie showed her what real love was but she also opened up doors for Abigail, to be braver and pursue a life that would satisfy her. Sadly, the way the film ended only leaves us with the feeling that she probably worked on that farm, in a loveless marriage, until death took her at probably a young age.

So back to reality, in regards to my question that you think I phrased well (thank you by the way) I really do get vibes. I have watched a few interviews and really looked at body language, facial expressions, things said, things not said. I also read that KW was admiring VK from a distance at a party. My theory is, KW was in fact drawn to VK like she said, she admired her from afar. I don't know if KW was even aware of what she was feeling because sometimes we are drawn to someone and not sure why. I think though once this movie happened including that electric kiss scene KW became enamored by VK, it's like something suddenly woke up and the reactions we were seeing in 'the film' were actually real and KW really was stunned. VK on the other hand is giving me uncertain vibes, sometimes they seem so drawn to each other in interviews and other times it's like KW is pinning over VK who doesn't reciprocate and KW is kinda chasing her. But, it's possible that VK could also be interested but is very confused about what she is feeling, perhaps is trying to hide it, we just don't know...
I hope you will write here regularly because I love what you say and how you say it. The movie resonated with me as with you. I do think that the ending is cruel but it's a reflection of a time too. However, I'm thankful to Mona that she included the last scene of Abigail and Tallie on the roof even though Tallie only lives in Abigail's imagination then. Vanessa and Katherine are both incredible in this scene. As far as they are concerned, your conclusion is the summary of the whole thread "we just don't know" :hug:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 12:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest 22 wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don't think it's just about being recognised, KW holds dual citizenship and can benefit from the British NHS during the birth and raising of her child. Of course, she can lead a more lowkey lifestyle in the UK, too.
You are not seriously saying the NHS is better than whatever top medical care she can get in the US? I’m sorry to burst your nationalistic Brexit-induced bubble; but, yeah, no.

Sez

Post by Sez »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 12:34
Sez wrote:
Guest wrote:
Sez wrote:
Hey Ladies,

Or

I hope you will write here regularly because I love what you say and how you say it. The movie resonated with me as with you. I do think that the ending is cruel but it's a reflection of a time too. However, I'm thankful to Mona that she included the last scene of Abigail and Tallie on the roof even though Tallie only lives in Abigail's imagination then. Vanessa and Katherine are both incredible in this scene. As far as they are concerned, your conclusion is the summary of the whole thread "we just don't know" :hug:
Thank you :wub:

It's definitely an accurate reflection. Another element of the movie I found interesting is that Abigail stopped attending church and I would have loved to see a bit more of this side of the story. Given the times, people were a lot more religious, maybe not Bible bashing like the lunatic Finney :-/. Religion would have played a huge part in peoples lives, so it's open ended whether Abigail simply lost faith in god, perhaps became too depressed but they didn't have the language for those things back then. So then Tallie comes along, there's no cognitive dissonance there, no internal conflict between their faith and love which was so interesting to see considering religious people even in 2021 grapple with this internal conflict. I know the movie was focusing on one aspect of their life which was falling in love but I enjoy long movies and if they added more to the plot I would have happily received it lol.

Feel free to private message me anytime, I love an excuse to chat incessantly about this film :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 12:41
Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 12:23
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest 22 wrote:

You are not seriously saying the NHS is better than whatever top medical care she can get in the US? I’m sorry to burst your nationalistic Brexit-induced bubble; but, yeah, no.
Que me acuses de ser proBrexit tiene cojones, pero lo que tú digas chata... Giving birth is a fairly common procedure, no need to check in an exclusive clinic to go into labour, and you are asumming too much when you say that being affluent rules you out from using public services. Especially when it comes to someone like Katherine that, going by what we've read and seen from her, doesn't strike me as someone boastful but down to earth.

For me, this scenario is much more feasible considering that she is not a big star, hence she could lead a normal life in NYC is she wanted.

Just my two cents.

guest 22
Reactions:

Post by guest 22 »

Guest wrote:
guest 22 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

She's white and has no ties to the British Royal Family soooooo living in England is way much more simpler and private since she's not a media superstar, in fact she has lived in England for 4 years now and there isn't a single picture of her!!!
ps: her bffs (H and DJ) talked about how it was normal for kate to return to england every few years for work and I personally think that is why she moved to england cuz it's easier now that she has a child and wants to preserve his privacy

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sez wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 12:59
Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 12:34
Sez wrote:
Guest wrote:
Sez wrote:
Hey Ladies,

Or

Thank you :wub:

It's definitely an accurate reflection. Another element of the movie I found interesting is that Abigail stopped attending church and I would have loved to see a bit more of this side of the story. Given the times, people were a lot more religious, maybe not Bible bashing like the lunatic Finney :-/. Religion would have played a huge part in peoples lives, so it's open ended whether Abigail simply lost faith in god, perhaps became too depressed but they didn't have the language for those things back then. So then Tallie comes along, there's no cognitive dissonance there, no internal conflict between their faith and love which was so interesting to see considering religious people even in 2021 grapple with this internal conflict. I know the movie was focusing on one aspect of their life which was falling in love but I enjoy long movies and if they added more to the plot I would have happily received it lol.

Feel free to private message me anytime, I love an excuse to chat incessantly about this film :$
I actually like the fact that Abigail stopped attending church. I suppose it was probably a bold or debatable decision back then. It makes me think of what Katherine said once in another context (they were joking about shaking or not shaking hands) about Abigail, that she was an eccentric. She had such a deep and rich inner life that she probably didn't need the Bible to figure stuff out on her own.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Cut the OT crap about Meghan and Harry, please. It's only going to bring out the trolls.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 14:41
Cut the OT crap about Meghan and Harry, please. It's only going to bring out the trolls.
x2 Cut the OT crap about KW being white please

guest8
Reactions:

Post by guest8 »

Was it katherine waterston's hand on that venice boat? :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

Guesteu
Reactions:

Post by Guesteu »

guest8 wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 15:47
No

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest8 wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 15:47
Probably not. Looks like it belonged to a guy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't get why this thread gets so contentious at times (though it's still one of the best threads on this board).

We have two amazing actresses who, individually, are super hot but also really smart, kind, talented, and mature. And together they have the most explosive chemistry, both on and off screen. Like, it's a joy to watch.

Are they in a relationship? Probably not. But that doesn't change the fact that we got to see them work together on this beautiful piece of art called TWTC, and we've also been able to enjoy their connection outside of the movie. That doesn't happen often.

For me, personally, knowing that there's a chance there was a real attraction between them, even if they didn't act on it for whatever reason (which we don't even know for sure), is enough to feel lucky that I stumbled upon this fandom.

This thread should continue to celebrate that.

City of Joy Citizen
Reactions:

Post by City of Joy Citizen »

Guest wrote:
14 Jun 2021, 16:26
I don't get why this thread gets so contentious at times (though it's still one of the best threads on this board).

We have two amazing actresses who, individually, are super hot but also really smart, kind, talented, and mature. And together they have the most explosive chemistry, both on and off screen. Like, it's a joy to watch.

Are they in a relationship? Probably not. But that doesn't change the fact that we got to see them work together on this beautiful piece of art called TWTC, and we've also been able to enjoy their connection outside of the movie. That doesn't happen often.

For me, personally, knowing that there's a chance there was a real attraction between them, even if they didn't act on it for whatever reason (which we don't even know for sure), is enough to feel lucky that I stumbled upon this fandom.

This thread should continue to celebrate that.

YEAH!!!
:dance2: :bigcry:

I feel super fortunate, as well, being part of this beautiful fandom.
V and K are the best thing that happened in The L World this 2020-2021.
:heart: