The World to Come (starring Vanessa Kirby and Katherine Waterston)

Reactions:

Re: The World to Come (starring Vanessa Kirby and Katherine Waterston)

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 15:17

So Katherine is her friend :(
Are you new?

What's the IQ behind these posts? Seriously.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 15:29
Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 15:17

So Katherine is her friend :(
Are you new?

What's the IQ behind these posts? Seriously.
No, I am old🙈

Drik@
Reactions: 4

Post by Drik@ »

Sez wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 12:34
Guestthinker7 wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 12:07
I never quite understood Tallie’s expression in this scene. Her eyes well up with tears.
I couldn’t tell if she wanted to give Finney kids or not. I feel as if she did not from her
expression. What do folks think? Did Tallie want to be tied down with kids especially Finney’s?
I feel like this is another subtle example of Tallie's cage. Finney is the devil incarnate and she's unfortunately bound to him, she has so much spirit and vitality and could contribute to the world but can't given society at the time, and she's living with daily abuse of all sorts. For me this scene illustrates more heartbreak, she wants to have children but not to that low life Finney. So again she's reminded of the cage that she sadly has been confined to. She's robbed of agency, choice, children and now the love of her life,
Abigail. Her heart is in shreds, this is why their love story is so beautiful. It wasn't just a story about love, it was a story about two people who saved each other, their love for one another kept them afloat in a world that was cold, lonely and hopeless. Even though thsir love was short lived 💔 sorry for being dramatic :rofl:
I's so well expressed :heart: I could feel her pain! so much said on few words. amazing! sad! a perfect play for Vk Kw

Drik@

Post by Drik@ »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 13:32
Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 13:10

missing them…
This scene… definition of intimacy and peace, no one else in their bubble, but themselves.
:heart:
I completely agree. :heart: I won't get tired If stay contemplates this beautiful picture for a lot of minutes. :hug:

Jep
Reactions:

Post by Jep »

Drik@ wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 19:58
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

missing them…
This scene… definition of intimacy and peace, no one else in their bubble, but themselves.
I completely agree. :heart: I won't get tired If stay contemplates this beautiful picture for a lot of minutes. :hug:
which of the two pictures (the upper or the lower) do you prefer

Drik@

Post by Drik@ »

Jep wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 20:13
Drik@ wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

missing them…
The lower, it's like there are a universe of love and meanings without the necessity of words. Just the presence its enough.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 14:04
It was nasty how Abigail had sex with Dyer while having feelings for Tallie, she didn't knew whom she wants, she was having sex with both Dyer and Tallie.
It was pity sex and it only happened once before Tallie and Abigail's first kiss before they became intimate. It's quite clear that that Abigail and Dyer’s marriage was over and they were only together as a business arrangement. Even after Tallie's death Abigail is only interested in cultivating her imagination and daydreaming about Tallie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 20:46

beautiful
It still makes me tear up, this masterpiece has fucking changed me forever. :heart:

Guestthinker7
Reactions:

Post by Guestthinker7 »

Is it me or do both Katherine and Vanessa seem to have experience knowing how to ride horses? They seem so at ease with
riding. Although LOL, Affleck mentioned he could not get his horse walk where he wanted to go and also made fun o Chris Abbot for not being able to handle the horses on the wagon. LOL, it's funny, as if the horses loved the gals and didn't care for the boys. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestthinker7 wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 22:29
Is it me or do both Katherine and Vanessa seem to have experience knowing how to ride horses? They seem so at ease with
riding. Although LOL, Affleck mentioned he could not get his horse walk where he wanted to go and also made fun o Chris Abbot for not being able to handle the horses on the wagon. LOL, it's funny, as if the horses loved the gals and didn't care for the boys. :rofl:
They both do! Vanessa definitely took lessons as a kid (and broke her leg getting on a horse somehow) and I think Katherine did as well.

Guestthinker7
Reactions:

Post by Guestthinker7 »

I wish Mona would do a director's cut :bigcry: :bigcry:

I have so many questions not only about the acting and Katherine and Vanessa's dynamics but also questions about the
set and other silly minor things:

1) I LOVE the dog, I want to know more about him/her and it's name :) I heard he/she is a regular dog and never had any acting experience. I want to know how he/she thought about playing along side Vanessa, what exactly was their back story? sheep guardian or just Vanessa's devoted companion. Did they practice the happy go-lucky running? :rofl:

2) Did Mona realize the blooper with the gift basket not showing up anywhere on the horse or in Tallie's hand when Tallie came to visit Abigail?

3) How many takes did the chicken plucking take? LOL did they have to practice plucking?

4) Was that a real potatoe that Katherine and Casey ate?

5) Was the bed a real reproduction of the hay bed they used to use back in the 1800s or was there a real mattress
hidden under for the sex scene.

6) Katherine looked like she was falling out of bed in one of the sex scenes, she had great AB strength it looked like to pull herself back into bed after Tallie caressed her chest. Was this improv'd? LOL

7) What did Katherine and Vanessa wear below the waist? I bet they were silly and both wore funny boxers.

8) Was the last scene really done on the roof?

9) How many days did they have to wait to resume shooting Vanessa's scenes after she dislocated her ankle in the first scene?

10) Why were dresses soooo long in the old days, they look like they were dragging on the ground.

11) How did the fittings work? did that woman who hand sewed all their costumes have to go measure them directly months before the shoot?

12) How was the lodging situation and food? Did everyone get their own rooms? I heard it was the only hotel around.

13) Who took care of Katherine's son during shooting?

14) Did they all fly in together?

15) Did Vanessa and Katherine meet at all before the shooting began? and where? London?

16) I think I read they did the editin in NYC? I saw pics of Vanessa, Mona and Katherine in same sound studio --was this in NYC or London?

17) Why did they not wear masks in some photo shots in Venice?

18) Did Katherine get covid from TWTC shooting? Venice or Fantastic Beasts?

19) What would Mona have done differently if she had more money to shoot longer?

20) Would Mona have cancelled the movie if Vanessa did not want to play Tallie? Was there really no 2nd choice?
or was it that Katherine wanted Vanessa cause she couldn't see kissing or being intimate in a sex scene with anyone else?
Since Katherine believes it's the script and great acting that makes the movie, why would she be so bent on having only Vanessa play the role? there's other great actresses.

21) Did Mona have a 2nd choice if Katherine did not want to play the part of Abigail?

22) Was Jim Shepherd the writer of TWTC on set? did they like the final product?

So many questions! so few answers! :bigcry: :bigcry:

Guestthinker7
Reactions:

Post by Guestthinker7 »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 22:35
Guestthinker7 wrote:
They both do! Vanessa definitely took lessons as a kid (and broke her leg getting on a horse somehow) and I think Katherine did as well.
Hah! LOL, since they both come from well-to-do families, I guest they must have had lessons when they were young at camp? I never watched the Crown but I was thinking maybe Princess Margaret had riding scenes probably.
I just love that the men ironically stunk at it. :rofl: :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestthinker7 wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 23:02
Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 22:35
Guestthinker7 wrote:
Hah! LOL, since they both come from well-to-do families, I guest they must have had lessons when they were young at camp? I never watched the Crown but I was thinking maybe Princess Margaret had riding scenes probably.
I just love that the men ironically stunk at it. :rofl: :rofl:
Haha yes!
And Vanessa did her riding scenes in The Crown as well, it was beautiful.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Jep wrote:
Drik@ wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

missing them…
I love the adoring look of Tallie towards Abigail, in the upper one. Pure love in her eyes.
I´m forever traumatized by this movie :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It surprises me the rating for TWTC isn't that high. With such casting, script, actor performance, detailing; although I didn't expect it to be mountain high, it still underrated, imo. I hope Tallie's death isn't the major cause of this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 20:31
Guest wrote:
25 Jul 2021, 14:04
It was nasty how Abigail had sex with Dyer while having feelings for Tallie, she didn't knew whom she wants, she was having sex with both Dyer and Tallie.
It was pity sex and it only happened once before Tallie and Abigail's first kiss before they became intimate. It's quite clear that that Abigail and Dyer’s marriage was over and they were only together as a business arrangement. Even after Tallie's death Abigail is only interested in cultivating her imagination and daydreaming about Tallie.
Plus, Abigail probably hadn't realised her feelings at that point. She had only met Tallie three times, that we know of.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 05:25
It surprises me the rating for TWTC isn't that high. With such casting, script, actor performance, detailing; although I didn't expect it to be mountain high, it still underrated, imo. I hope Tallie's death isn't the major cause of this.
Is it that bad? Which rating do you mean?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does anyone have the podcast VK did with her friend Dolly Alderton? It is no longer available, not quite sure why

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I wouldn’t take any stock in the IMDb rating. Lots of 1 star reviews from homophobes which skewers the ratings.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Quite frankly if Tallie's death is reason for a low rating, then some critics should quiet their jobs. One even actually wrote that it lacks warmth and left her with a shiver... I mean WTF?!?!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't believe in perfection... but she is close enough.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 08:45

I've always liked her since Alien Covenant, then loved her even more in Fantastic Beasts (even though her sister was my favourite character). But I didn't really understand her range until I saw this film, so now I think I'm gonna binge her other films.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 08:57
Guest wrote:

I've always liked her since Alien Covenant, then loved her even more in Fantastic Beasts (even though her sister was my favourite character). But I didn't really understand her range until I saw this film, so now I think I'm gonna binge her other films.
Hey, im like you, i only started binging her movies after TWTC but her acting in Amundsen haunts me the most. The way she looked and laughed with that dude on the bed talking about santa claus :rage:, I can't get that picture out of my head. The possibility of her hiding some Norwegian old dude somewhere in her London flat terrifies me. Mona is norwegian, that movie is about norwegian explorer; see that connection? what if that 60-ish man is the father of her child and thats why she can be so carefree simping for her co-star in public. I know it's just acting but my mind ran wild after that movie. The fact that the age gap with adam rapp was big didn't help me sleep at night either.

Guestthinker7
Reactions:

Post by Guestthinker7 »

Just realized something about the sex scene, would women have shaved in the 1800s? Not that I would change anything.

Guestthinker7
Reactions:

Post by Guestthinker7 »

Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 04:13
Jep wrote:
Drik@ wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

missing them…
I love the adoring look of Tallie towards Abigail, in the upper one. Pure love in her eyes.
I love this scene but I can’t get myself to believe they wouldn’t be on edge about Dyer or Finney walking in on them only because I don’t understand how they would have so much time to have sex or even relax? How were they so sure they had time to make love?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestthinker7 wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 09:35
Guest wrote:
Jep wrote:
Drik@ wrote:
Guest wrote:

I love this scene but I can’t get myself to believe they wouldn’t be on edge about Dyer or Finney walking in on them only because I don’t understand how they would have so much time to have sex or even relax? How were they so sure they had time to make love?
Yeah, I think you have to employ a little suspension of disbelief with that.

Guestthinker7
Reactions:

Post by Guestthinker7 »

Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 09:40
Guestthinker7 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Jep wrote:
Drik@ wrote:

Yeah, I think you have to employ a little suspension of disbelief with that.
True Anon :hug: . lol, heck I think I’ve suspended at least an entire day just to imagine all the glorious love making I wanted them to have :dance2: :gaypimp: :$

Guestthinker7
Reactions:

Post by Guestthinker7 »

Would folks have wanted or done the kiss or love scenes any different? The book has them sitting in chairs next to each other kissing and I recall (vaguely but may be interpreting wrong), Tallie may have been sitting strattled on top of Abigail in the chair kissing Abigail? The sex scenes weren’t in the book though.

Guestthinker7
Reactions:

Post by Guestthinker7 »

I was thinking if Katherine had covid in March 2020, I wonder who took care of her son while she was in the hospital and also would she had to be quarantined from him for several weeks? She said she didn’t see her family for a year. Wonder if she had a nanny.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The nicest mug shot I've ever seen :rofl:
Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 09:23
Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 08:57
Guest wrote:

Hey, im like you, i only started binging her movies after TWTC but her acting in Amundsen haunts me the most. The way she looked and laughed with that dude on the bed talking about santa claus :rage:, I can't get that picture out of my head. The possibility of her hiding some Norwegian old dude somewhere in her London flat terrifies me. Mona is norwegian, that movie is about norwegian explorer; see that connection? what if that 60-ish man is the father of her child and thats why she can be so carefree simping for her co-star in public. I know it's just acting but my mind ran wild after that movie. The fact that the age gap with adam rapp was big didn't help me sleep at night either.

First saw her in Fantastic Beasts, and I was astounded by both her and Alison Sudol, who plays Queenie. I too am a fan of Queenie, but the last film really screwed her character up, also Tina (played by KW) didn't do much in the last film, so disappointing after the first film being an entertaining and pleasent surprise. I love the first two Alien films (I have an affection for the third film also) but Alien Covenant was such a dull film. Saw it when it was first released in 2017 and then I saw it again over Christmas and it took me a while to finish it cause I was so bored by it. As for KW's other films, I'd recommend Inherent Vice and also The Third Day (although this was a mini series). I'd also recommend Enter Nowhere a zero budget cabin in the woods type film (don't worry it's not much of a horror film) she made a few years before she got noticed in Vice

Keep missing that film, it was on TV a few weeks ago and I missed it... think its still on the streaming service. Really looking forward to seeing this now if KW's is as haunting as it is. However your theories, they read scary, but I cannot help but laugh. Sure there is a 12 year age gap between KW and Rapp (lucky a**hole), but isn't there an eight year age gap between KW and VK?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestthinker7 wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 10:03
I was thinking if Katherine had covid in March 2020, I wonder who took care of her son while she was in the hospital and also would she had to be quarantined from him for several weeks? She said she didn’t see her family for a year. Wonder if she had a nanny.
Her partner I think

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestthinker7 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Jep wrote:
Drik@ wrote:
Guest wrote:

Hell if Dyer was a sane man and he walked in on Abigail and Tallie in throes of passion, he would grab the shotgun, kill Finney approach the two women and say; Menage A Trois? :rofl:

Guestthinker7
Reactions:

Post by Guestthinker7 »

Guestthinker7 wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 09:28
Just realized something about the sex scene, would women have shaved in the 1800s? Not that I would change anything.
Just to be clear, I was referring more of how a lot of period pieces have characters not shave underarm, etc.. I wasn't referring to private areas LOL, just realized this questions may have not been clear. :hug: :hmmm:

Guestthinker7
Reactions:

Post by Guestthinker7 »

Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 10:20
Guestthinker7 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Jep wrote:
Drik@ wrote:

Hell if Dyer was a sane man and he walked in on Abigail and Tallie in throes of passion, he would grab the shotgun, kill Finney approach the two women and say; Menage A Trois? :rofl:
LOL :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

OT but Fantastic Beasts 2 sucked. All the good about the first film was thrown into the dumpster. Only the first movie of thE Alien franchise is truly good. But I do still enjoy the whole thing and have probably watched every single one except that alien v. predators one. Gonna watch Inherent Vice and will check out the others mentioned here.

Aa for the sex scene in TWTC, I think it shouldn't be viewed realistically like it was really what happened between Abigail and Tallie. The way it was presented in the film, it feels like it's more a memory with the usual imperfection and mixed with fantasy.

Sez
Reactions: 6

Post by Sez »

Guestthinker7 wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 11:01
Guestthinker7 wrote:
Just to be clear, I was referring more of how a lot of period pieces have characters not shave underarm, etc.. I wasn't referring to private areas LOL, just realized this questions may have not been clear. :hug: :hmmm:
I doubt it's historically accurate but I read once that women didn't start shaving their under arms until early 1900's. It's sooooo gross lol. I know that was the times and it was considered normal but it's still gross. In period pieces I wish they wouldn't show it, we know it's there but don't visualise it lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sez wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 11:36
Guestthinker7 wrote:
Guestthinker7 wrote:
I doubt it's historically accurate but I read once that women didn't start shaving their under arms until early 1900's. It's sooooo gross lol. I know that was the times and it was considered normal but it's still gross. In period pieces I wish they wouldn't show it, we know it's there but don't visualise it lol.
I disagree I don’t think it’s gross at all, I really don’t understand what people have against it. It’s just hair, like the hair we’ve got on our head.. anyway, I’m really glad some period dramas have started showing the characters armpit hair because it feels so unrealistic looking at someone being shaved when the film is set in like the 1800s or even earlier.. well you could say the same about teeth, though. People’s teeth were much worse earlier, I mean.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

wrote:Guest post_id=3575119 time=1627298884]
OT but Fantastic Beasts 2 sucked. All the good about the first film was thrown into the dumpster. Only the first movie of thE Alien franchise is truly good. But I do still enjoy the whole thing and have probably watched every single one except that alien v. predators one. Gonna watch Inherent Vice and will check out the others mentioned here.

Aa for the sex scene in TWTC, I think it shouldn't be viewed realistically like it was really what happened between Abigail and Tallie. The way it was presented in the film, it feels like it's more a memory with the usual imperfection and mixed with fantasy.
I agree about FB2, it sucked and everything great about the first film was dumped. I still have hope for FB3, but if that sucks, then I am tuning out. The first Alien movie is a classic and is IMO the best film of the series, the second film is amazing and is by far one of the best sequels of all time, didn’t like 3 or Resurrection. AVP sucks, they both suck.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sez wrote:
Guestthinker7 wrote:
Guestthinker7 wrote:
DA. Bit of an overreaction over some hair, don't you think? Not like men shave their pitts, even today.

People did minimal washing back then. That, I would consider gross.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 11:41
Sez wrote:
Guestthinker7 wrote:
Guestthinker7 wrote:
I disagree I don’t think it’s gross at all, I really don’t understand what people have against it. It’s just hair, like the hair we’ve got on our head.. anyway, I’m really glad some period dramas have started showing the characters armpit hair because it feels so unrealistic looking at someone being shaved when the film is set in like the 1800s or even earlier.. well you could say the same about teeth, though. People’s teeth were much worse earlier, I mean.
Where they tho? I mean nowdays we have soda, coffee, smoking, all these drugs and stuff

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 12:12
Guest wrote:
Sez wrote:
Guestthinker7 wrote:
Guestthinker7 wrote:
Where they tho? I mean nowdays we have soda, coffee, smoking, all these drugs and stuff
DA. My grandfather told stories of how kids were gifted with dentures for Confirmation, (this is at 14/15 years old), in his day.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 12:12
Guest wrote:
Sez wrote:
Guestthinker7 wrote:
Guestthinker7 wrote:
I mean that's true...but we also have fluoride, floss, dental professionals, vitamins, braces, antibiotics (if you get a bad tooth infection you probably won't lose your tooth). Not to mention that if you do lose teeth you can get false teeth and dentures that look almost identical to real teeth. Science and medicine has advanced quite a bit. Just think about how easy it was to die of illnesses that would probably be treated with a simple prescription or surgery these days.

Sez

Post by Sez »

Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 11:43
Sez wrote:
Guestthinker7 wrote:
Guestthinker7 wrote:
DA. Bit of an overreaction over some hair, don't you think? Not like men shave their pitts, even today.

We're all entitled to our own opinions, don't you think?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sez wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 12:30
Guest wrote:
Sez wrote:
Guestthinker7 wrote:
Guestthinker7 wrote:

If course. I'm just challenging that opinion.

Guestthinker7
Reactions:

Post by Guestthinker7 »

Sez wrote:
Guestthinker7 wrote:
Guestthinker7 wrote:
LOL, I totally agree Anon :hug: better left understood than seen. HA. Some films do have actors do that though.

Guestthinker7
Reactions:

Post by Guestthinker7 »

Guestthinker7 wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 12:36
Sez wrote:
Guestthinker7 wrote:
Guestthinker7 wrote:
LOL, I totally agree Anon :hug: better left understood than seen. HA. Some films do have actors do that though.
I think it also depends on the movie, if it's mean to focus on the true times then yes I think it would make sense to depict the reality but if it's meant to focus on the theme of the movie -- like love between Tallie/Abigail, that detail would not be important and may distract?

Sez

Post by Sez »

Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 12:35
Sez wrote:
Guest wrote:
Sez wrote:
Guestthinker7 wrote:

I think it's gross, you don't. What's there to challenge?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sez wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 12:54
Guest wrote:
Sez wrote:
Guest wrote:
Sez wrote:

The validity of your opinion, which is what I and the other anon did, and which is par for the course in a forum.

Moving on now.

Sez

Post by Sez »

Guest wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 12:57
Sez wrote:
26 Jul 2021, 12:54
Guest wrote:
Sez wrote:
Guest wrote:

The validity of your opinion, which is what I and the other anon did, and which is par for the course in a forum.

Moving on now.
I stated an opinion, you can't challenge a personal opinion. What you can challenge however is facts, I can present an argument that is supported by data or evidence and you might offer a counter argument backed up by opposing data or evidence. Anything that can be backed up with evidence or supporting data is considered "valid". Some scientists argue that a diet incorporating meat is healthier and opposing scientists argue that a vegetarian diet is healthier. Both parties use evidence to back up their claims making them equally valid. My opinion is an expression of my personal feelings and thoughts, it's not a question of validity. Besides, validity technically refers to the internal consistency of an argument. And since I am not presenting an argument but my own personal opinion then yes, please do move on ✌ I'm here to suspend reality and get wrapped up in fantasy not to have silly disagreements