Ammonite (Starring Kate Winslet and Saoirse Ronan)

Reactions:

Re: Ammonite (Starring Kate Winslet and Saoirse Ronan)

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 02:09
This movie was very boring and they looked like mother and daughter.
Mary and her former lover also seemed to have a big age gap. So it was kind of it was like, grandmother, mother, and daughter.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Feb 2021, 10:43
I finally watched it last night, and it was an intense viewing because I listened to it with my headphones, and had one very low light in the room.

I'm not going to come up with words that can adequately describe my opinion.
I found the cinematography to be stirring. I was drawn into Mary's character, every angle and quirk of it, and think Kate Winslet did an amazing portrayal. I've seen Saoirse Ronan in other movies, but for the first time she really held my attention. The tension between Mary and Charlotte transforming into a deep love was believable.

The sex scenes: amazing because the passion and want was palpable; and admirable because two actresses of Winslet's and Ronan's caliber were willing to create a believable, carnal experience onscreen between two women.

Kate Winslet: I can say this anonymously here because I cannot say it to my friends, but I found her body voluptuous and sensual.

As a lesbian and feminist, I'm thankful that Francis Lee was behind the camera, because he created a reality and sensitivity that only a master filmmaker is capable of.
I completely agree with all this. I really loved Ammonite.
I'm also not surprised that Kate Winslet (who is a BABE :wub: ) isn't getting any recognition at the Globes and other awards for her role: this is a quiet yet strong performance, she's not showing off therefore it's completely ignored.
Oh well. I don't care about award shows anyway. It's just that a win would have meant more visibility for the movie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The sex scenes in this movie were great. Much like Francis Lee’s first film, God’s Own Country, Ammonite focuses on the preciousness of love between gay people rather than the shame that is often the focus of similar films in the gay/lesbian genre. I also thought that this was the first time I’ve seen Saorise be the light of a film. She’s certainly a good actress but in previous projects I’ve felt as though she was quite cold and sexless. Here she shines as a warm flame to Kate Winslet’s stoic demeanor. I felt that the sex scene in the bedroom was one of the most graphic scenes in a film I have ever seen, but the graphic nature of the scene was more in the raw and daring intimacy rather than any surgical objectification. It was almost a polar opposite in tone to something in the likes of Blue Is The Warmest Color. I thought it was a really nice touch on Saorise’s part when she first touched Kate’s c--- in the sex scene and she smiled with joy/pride/love. I thought that was very in touch with the character and I’ve never seen a lesbian film show that specific moment that I feel happens in real lesbian sex. I found parts of the story and pacing lacking but I don’t think this movie was made for anyone but the gays. I felt that both of Lee’s films have been some of the most “made for” real gay people stories that I’ve ever seen. Worth a watch for sure.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I avoided this thread because I didnt want to get spoiled. I finally watched it.

WTF is the end?!! Fuck I hate these movies that just feel like it. Ends.

:rageblush:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 01:02
I avoided this thread because I didnt want to get spoiled. I finally watched it.

At least, none of the main characters died.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 01:02

I don't mind the very last scene. It was nice. But it seemed super strange to me how all of a sudden saorise's character could just invite mary to come live with them. just that she was given that kind of autonomy, i didn't really understand the characterization of the husband i guess. at the beginning he was super controlling, even dictating what she should eat. and then by the end it's of kind of "nvm. do what you want! i'm gone anyway!"

but ia with the other poster. at least it's not a definitely sad ending. there is possibility.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

between god's own country and this film, Lee seems to have a fetish for dirt and people being really dirty. In the former the guys were literally rolling around in the dirt at one point.

Guestts
Reactions:

Post by Guestts »

I watched it about a week ago. I'm no movie critic or expert, but It just felt very shallow to me, like it didn't explore any of the aspects of the film far enough (the relationship or Mary's job). And Charlotte just came off as a creep towards the end.

It wasn't horrible, but I don't think I'd watch it again. My favorite scene was when they were getting ready to go to that event, there was some nice sexual tension there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 17:07
between god's own country and this film, Lee seems to have a fetish for dirt and people being really dirty. In the former the guys were literally rolling around in the dirt at one point.
I wouldn't necessarily call it a "fetish" presuming he gets off on it, but Francis Lee does seem to emphasize the working class and homosexuality in that context. I think it is refreshing and important to feature films about the working poor. But you're right that the two films are very similar, though I'd argue that God's Own Country was the stronger film. Partly because the two leads have more chemistry than Winslet and Ronan.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 17:20
Guest wrote:
I wouldn't necessarily call it a "fetish" presuming he gets off on it, but Francis Lee does seem to emphasize the working class and homosexuality in that context. I think it is refreshing and important to feature films about the working poor. But you're right that the two films are very similar, though I'd argue that God's Own Country was the stronger film. Partly because the two leads have more chemistry than Winslet and Ronan.
well, no I meant it like that. maybe the word "fetish" is too extreme. and I appreciate that he is filming working class people and wanting to depict that authentically and viscerally. But I do actually also think he also has some sensual connection to the land. to dirt. and people being dirty.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 17:49
Guest wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 17:20
Guest wrote:
well, no I meant it like that. maybe the word "fetish" is too extreme. and I appreciate that he is filming working class people and wanting to depict that authentically and viscerally. But I do actually also think he also has some sensual connection to the land. to dirt. and people being dirty.
Thanks for clarifying. I can see what you are saying and agree that there is something visceral in the land that Francis Lee feels.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I kind of liked this movie. The ending could have been better.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I liked it more than I thought I would. I heard a lot of people talking about how slow it was. I was okay with the pacing, but wish we could've seen more about the relationship/Mary's history/Charlotte's thoughts.

The ending I felt was hopeful, but I seem to be the only one? I'm sure there's supposed to be some symbolism
but I can't quite get it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

lol. Kate's totally slept with women. :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 06:26
I liked it more than I thought I would. I heard a lot of people talking about how slow it was. I was okay with the pacing, but wish we could've seen more about the relationship/Mary's history/Charlotte's thoughts.

The ending I felt was hopeful, but I seem to be the only one? I'm sure there's supposed to be some symbolism
but I can't quite get it.
I think it was symbolic that since Mary was finally able to see her fossil in the museum (her contribution to the field) that she was able to close that chapter of her life and move on with Saorise’s character.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 23:37
Duh

Don't you know about her reputation in New York?
And Saoirse is gay gay gay.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 00:30
Guest wrote:
Duh

Details plz! :lol:

I've heard one rumor long ago of Kate being bi, but nothing specific.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 00:30
Guest wrote:
Duh

And Saoirse is gay gay gay.
I have no idea about her reputation in NY. but since I've had a huge crush on her forever please tell us all the details. :shifty:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

slightly OT - if I was hot, surrounded by attractive charismatic ppl all the time and not painfullly straight - why wouldn't you? Add on you're an actress who wants as much variety of experiences as possible which can help in your job

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 23:33
:hudoin:
And I -oop

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kate was apparently outed in this blind item by Enty Lawyer.

Eunice Huthart was her stunt double on Titanic. Eunice must be great in bed if she nabbed both Angelina and Kate! :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 23:15

Eunice Huthart was her stunt double on Titanic. Eunice must be great in bed if she nabbed both Angelina and Kate! :lol:
I know it doesn't mean much, but doesn't she have 3 kids with 3 different baby daddies? She might be bi, but no doubt she loves the d*ck.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She's likely bi. Eunice is probably bi (married with a child). And of course, Angelina is, too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

And when I thought about her groundbreaking face sitting scene lol she might got that from her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 23:31
She's likely bi. Eunice is probably bi (married with a child). And of course, Angelina is, too.
I always got a vibe from Kate. She pinged but then I kept hearing she was with men. I wouldn't have thought Eunice would be able to nab all these hot women, but good for her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Mar 2021, 23:53
Gay Libra 😅

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I read on Twitter she hooked up with someone’s sister in law at a bar.

Seemed legit, but you never know. Whether it’s for her career or her Kinsey scale inclinations, she doesn’t appear a stranger to women.

Curious to hear more about her “New York” reputation a previous poster alluded to.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Not Rose DeWitt-Bukater slept with her female stunt double :rofl: This is hot!! :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Wait which Angelina? As in Jolie?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 03:14

Seemed legit, but you never know. Whether it’s for her career or her Kinsey scale inclinations, she doesn’t appear a stranger to women.

Curious to hear more about her “New York” reputation a previous poster alluded to.
Rosamund Pike: "Ideally, I'd like to be living in upstate New York, in a house that I could renovate and fill with books and clothes, while being offered the kind of parts that are currently going to Kate Winslet and Nicole Kidman."

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 03:25
Guest wrote:

Jolie. Eunice was also Jolie's stunt double for the Tomb Raider movies, Salt, and Mr. & Mrs. Smith.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yep. That Eunice chick was Jolie's stunt double on Salt. There's tabloid stuff saying she was living with Angie before Pitt came along.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 03:36
Guest wrote:

Rosamund Pike: "Ideally, I'd like to be living in upstate New York, in a house that I could renovate and fill with books and clothes, while being offered the kind of parts that are currently going to Kate Winslet and Nicole Kidman."
What does that mean?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Simply that she had a reputation of liking to be serviced by a woman and she was, quite often.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 04:06
Guest wrote:

Simply that she had a reputation of liking to be serviced by a woman and she was, quite often.
Reminds me of this blind item back in the day:
1. Which married Oscar winner gets regularly serviced by a female dominatrix in a West Village bordello?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 03:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Jolie. Eunice was also Jolie's stunt double for the Tomb Raider movies, Salt, and Mr. & Mrs. Smith.
Okaay Kate and Angelina are gifts that keep on giving :shifty:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 04:26
Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 03:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Okaay Kate and Angelina are gifts that keep on giving :shifty:
All my respect to this Eunice girl for her outstanding accomplishments tbh, she must have some top tier game to snatch this kind of catch.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ammonite was excellent. Best film in years. Kate and Saoirse were amazing. Pissed the movie was snubbed. I hope Kate and Saoirse team up again in a movie. Want them to be lovers but with a happy ending. That’s my only negative about the movie, the movie left me sad and wondering what happened. Please Encore with these two ladies. Their chemistry is the best I ever seen on screen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 04:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

1. Which married Oscar winner gets regularly serviced by a female dominatrix in a West Village bordello?
Now we've graduated to dominatrix? I never really put any faith in blind items, but I want to believe. :angel:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Amazing film. Deserves to be nominated in every category. Best film I seen in years. Kate brings up age and her body changing but this woman is gorgeous. 45 or 46 she looks better than any 20 year old and she should be proud and flaunt it. The age difference didn’t bother me because Kate and Saoirse’s chemistry. I do not believe these women never slept with another woman in real life. They both seemed like two caged birds that were set free......they just went for it and it was hot. I don’t see anything straight about these two lol they were comfortable and relaxed and seemed to have enjoyed themselves. Hell, I would done it for free to climb up on Kate lol. Bottom line, Kate and Saoirse were perfect for the parts. I want to see them play in another film as lovers again but with a damn happy ending.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

With does mostly straight mean? Funny how they want to normalize same sex but actors get so weird when it comes to their own sexuality. I know publicist stop them from speaking about certain things but come on it’s 2021. Who cares if someone is married but attracted to both sexes or been with people of the same sex? Does anyone really care. I love that women are fluent with their sexuality. Women are beautiful. Example: how can any straight women look at Kate Winslet and not want to jump her bones? To me it’s natural. There is so much hiding and secrecy with actors sexuality. No I don’t believe Kate and possibly Saoirse never been with women. Especially being European, they are so much more open. I guess they think they won’t get roles if they admit they like both sexes. I guess we have not grown that much as the human race. Bottom line Ammonite was an amazing movie and the biggest gift was watching two beautiful women, especially Kate, have this amazing on screen chemistry and story. I hope we get an Encore with these actresses.....especially Kate.....would love to see her play another lesbian...it really was fantastic

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I never want to be disrespectful but since we are talking about only options of Kates past sex life, my opinion watching how amazing Kate played a lesbian, that she is European, that she is absolutely stunning and free spirit, it would not shock me if she was with a woman or women. Why not she fucking gorgeous and can get any man or woman that she wants. My god I would climbed her body just how Saoirse did but done more lol. Kate is so damn beautiful and when you have men and woman dropping at your feet, how can at least one woman slip in the crack? I don’t get the vibe that Kate would be uptight in anyway. When she was younger and single, I definitely can see something happening with woman. But calm down women...she’s married with children so definitely is primarily straight but we can at least enjoy any film where Kate plays a lesbian and can enjoy the fuck out of it. Honestly I watched Ammonite about a hundred times. I’m so addicted to watching Ammonite and the love scenes...wonder if Kate will ever do another gig like this again lol. Or did all the talk surrounded about her sexuality and sex scene with Saoirse scare her away forever....hope not. All though some people are ignorant but most talk is with much love Kate😍
Most importantly Ammonite truly was a great story about Mary Anning....I Learned so much. The acting was at its best and movie definitely was snubbed but definitely deserves not only to be nominated but deserves to win in every category.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just checked out portrait of a Lady. Come on People really? How you comparing Ammonite to this!? Ridiculous. First of all and most importantly you have A list actress Kate Winslet in Ammonite. That in itself says it all. I don’t like the subtitles nor do I even know the actresses in portrait of a woman. Mary Anning is such a better story and the acting is in a league of its own in Ammonite. Does not compare. Ammonite is the best film I seen in years. The story is well written. The acting is perfect for what the writer was trying to convey. There is a reason Mary was the way she was...she was an awkward, introvert...an Kate played her part perfectly as well as Saoirse. Listening to some of the ridiculous reviews of these characters...is making me crazy. This movie was perfectly written and could not have casted two better people together. The chemistry is better than I ever seen in any other movie. So deserving of being nominated and winning in every category possible. I hope Kate continues to play these roles and never be hesitant baby girl because your are amazing and beautiful....surely is the sexiest woman alive.

Tinylady
Reactions:

Post by Tinylady »

Guest wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 04:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

What bar?? I work in hells kitchen. I never see her

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

https://ew.com/movies/kate-winslet-gay- ... 00017ba7c4

I hope this hasn't been post before. "Kate Winslet says she knows gay actors who fear coming out will destroy their careers"

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kate Winslet didn't give two craps about working with men who had raped and sexually assaulted children. She worked with them in spite of this information. She's a hideous, immoral witch. Let her and her career burn out. Shocking how she is still revered.