Name an actress you would like to see play gay

Reactions:

Re: Name an actress you would like to see play gay

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 04:15
I really wish the Ocean 8 folks would've followed through with making Debbie and Lou a couple. The material was all there. I wouldn't even call that queerbaiting. It's like everybody was on the same page about the gay then an executive said this is a little too gay for our leads and won't sell.
x2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Gotta agree with Vera Farmiga and Choloe Moretz (again).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 21:02
Natalie Dormer - Get that smirk and flirt on girl.
Just saw some gifs of her in a Hozier music video, and I'm wondering again why she's never been cast in a wlw role. my god.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 09:55
Guest wrote:
Just saw some gifs of her in a Hozier music video, and I'm wondering again why she's never been cast in a wlw role. my god.

because women are too shallow?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sian Clifford

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Cobie Smulders and Hilarie Burton again :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 17:29
Haha, interesting.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 17:26
Sian Clifford
I feel like she would be amazing at playing some suburban lesbian mom. No idea why I get that vibe from her :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Saki888 wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 06:34
Kaya Scodelario. I know she already played one but I would like to something much detailed and longer
In what show? I loved her in Skins and Spinning Out

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

None of the straight ones, that's for sure.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Natalia Dyer

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Natalie Dormer and Saoirse Ronan preferably together in a film playing each others love interests :wub: .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 18:42
Natalia Dyer
:hmmm: now that you mention it I would like to see it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

i
Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 17:29
Is Grey's the only role where Hilarie played gay?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Naomi Scott

Melissa Barrera

Sandra Bullock

Emma Watson

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

sara ramirez

Aemeth
Veteran
Reactions: 51

Post by Aemeth »

Aimee Garcia

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Isn’t her character gay on Motherland Fort Salem?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Montana Fouts

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Elisabeth Moss

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 17:09
Guest wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 19:52
Whattttt wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 19:45
Guest wrote:
04 Aug 2020, 19:00
I want to see a gay Dirty Dancing remake with Mckenzie Davis and Naomi Scott. Please and thank you, if you can arrange that. :dance2:
Never knew I needed this in my life lolll :$
Of course we need it in my life. Dirty Dancing is the only het romance movie that I actually enjoy. Also, I'm assuming you all agree that Mckenzie would play the Johnny character and Naomi would play Baby. Or we can do a different casting...I'd just love a gay remake of that movie.
Jennifer Grey just signed on to produce and star in a new Dirty Dancing movie. I know it's not going to happen but it would be so cool if the story was set in the 80s. Patrick is sadly no longer with us so they have to write him out some way so maybe Baby is now a widower and decides to take her teenage daughter to the catskills for the summer to remember old memories. While there her daughter falls for one of the female dancers and ahhh. Fuck I'd kill for that movie.
O M G same. That would be epic.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2020, 00:02
Angie Harmon
x2 :hudoin:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Noticed a lot of ppl saying Keira Knightley, but didn't she play gay in Cosette?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 18:39
Saki888 wrote:
Kaya Scodelario. I know she already played one but I would like to something much detailed and longer
True Love, i think ep 3, she plays a schoolgirl that develops a relationship with her teacher, played by Billie Piper, its actually pretty cool tbh.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

MeGuesta wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 03:46
Jessie Buckley — She is brilliant and super cute, and I’ve been adoring her for about a year now. If she were to play a lesbian, it would ensure my lifelong devotion to following her career and her light wherever it may lead.

Amy Adams — Yes, she’s kissed women a bunch of times in movies over the years, but it’s time that she add a proper lesbian romance to the mix. To be blunt, it would probably give her career the mega boost that it needs.

Jennifer Connelly — I am aware that she’s already had one such role in the movie Higher Learning, but that was some 25 years ago. Therefore, she should do another. Especially since Kate Winslet had a similarly long gap between lesbian roles i.e. Heavenly Creatures and Ammonite, respectively. So why not Jennifer?

Marion Cotillard — Because, quite simply, it’s about time that it happened and I would probably grow wings from the experience.
You have excellent taste, anon! I agree with all your picks. I'll watch Jessie Buckley in anything and I still remember how hard I swooned as a teen when I saw Higher Learning.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 00:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 00:00
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don't know if this person is dumb as shit or funny as shit but I laughed. :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'd like to see Wallis Day as lesbian in a show that isn't SJW shit show that thinks we wants to see the boring asexual Ryan over Wallis as Kate Kane. :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest13 wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 06:32
Guest wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 05:39
Guest wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 08:41
I only want to see lesbians play lesbians, hetero actresses are so inauthentic.
I'm not the Suranne Jones anon upthread, because Gentleman Jack is the only thing I've ever seen her in, but I don't know of any lesbian actress who would have been better than her in that show. I'm not saying none exists, and I do believe it would be an overall improvement if shows put more effort into at least auditioning out lesbians before making a casting call, but no, I don't want all straight actresses to be disqualified outright when we'd lose performances like that too.
Different anon here and also want to add certain gay/bi actors seem to legitimately don't want to play those roles to boot. Maybe afraid of being typecasting. For example Neil Patrick Harris, Cara Delevigne, Amber Heard and Zachary Quinto are examples off the top of my head of actors many people are generally aware are in same sex relationships, yet all of them have only been in straight roles so far with Zachary the only one of those four who don't actively play glaring het roles.

So I agree with above anon where while it would be nice if casting at least makes an effort to audition lesbians in the role, I wouldn't begrudge a straight woman for playing the role as long as they're good in it and respect the role. I mean if a chunk of the gay/bi actor population, even those who are out, don't want to play gay roles, the casting pool becomes extremely limited. While it's good actors like Ellen Page, Matt Boomer and that Negasonic chick are adamant about playing gay roles, not every gay/bi actor feels the same way. This can also easily lead to the Generation Weirdo L Word and Batwoman/Ryan situation where there's a lot of suspicion how much of the actors are actually straight.
I agree. It looks like they are just virtue signaling. I would rather a honest straight actress playing a gay role than some straight women faking being bi/pan whatever else just to make the production team look more woke. Remember when all those actress were on twitter saying they were bi/pan when RR left Batwoman trying to get the role. What a joke. (Except you know actual lesbian Ali Liebert). I do suspect that it sometime also comes from pressure from the production people to say they are bisexual so they can say they have a "queer" cast. Find it funny that Batwoman make a big thing about they were casting a queer woman to play Ryan when the put a very het woman in the role BUT they aren't shouting the same thing about their casting of Wallis Day who is more gay than the rest of the Gen Q cast combined.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest13 wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 10:24
Guest wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 10:05
Guest wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 10:01
guest13 wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 08:11

So she claims to get the lead role... yeah I'll wait for the girlfriend to pop up before I let her off the hook.
Lol because she's going to give a shit about your approval. It's not an actor's responsibility to give proof of their sexuality.
True but its not our responsibility to suck up to every chancer who claims they are bi and watch their TV show either.
x2

I have zero interest in the Ryan show and don't plan on watching it. Also LOL when you call them chancer. I know that's likely just a spelling error, but that's like if you combine the words "character" and "cancer" into one which is what I feel all this new wave of queerballs are.
While I like your reasoning - Character + Cancer its actually a word we use in the UK. "Chancer" Its a person who exploits any opportunity for further themselves. We use it alot. Say someone wants a room upgrade and then pretends that its their wedding day - that's a chancer. Someone says they can do something they can't to get a new job - that's chancer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Li Bing Bing

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Morena Baccarin and Serinda Swan had a taster of how gorgeous they were together in the Twilight Zone and craving more :wub: :sadangel: .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Christina Hendricks
Morena Baccarin

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol at all the bitter Betty's complaining about Batwoman. Think you're being slick because mods are tired of your racist rants :eyeroll:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 11:53
Lol at all the bitter Betty's complaining about Batwoman. Think you're being slick because mods are tired of your racist rants :eyeroll:
Post evidence of "racist rants". Not liking a character isn't evidence of racism. Only someone trying to cause conflict would claim that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 13:21
Lord have mercy on your soul

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

kerry bishe. would just prefer an au of Donna/Cam, though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Vanessa Kirby (again)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why actress why not singer, influencer or model?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 13:44
Why actress why not singer, influencer or model?
Possibly because actors main job is to act?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 06:47
Guest wrote:
03 Jun 2021, 18:39
Saki888 wrote:
True Love, i think ep 3, she plays a schoolgirl that develops a relationship with her teacher, played by Billie Piper, its actually pretty cool tbh.
Thanks I'll check it out!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Melissa Benoist because she's has range and is hot af

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 16:59
If you find her hot that's reason enough, let's not be delusional about the acting abilities.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 17:59
Guest wrote:
04 Jun 2021, 16:59
If you find her hot that's reason enough, let's not be delusional about the acting abilities.
x2

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

leighton meester

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 00:08
leighton meester
She's played gay before. I liked Life Partners.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I need a contemporary gay role from Adèle Haenel. (I know she was technically gay in 120 bpm, but it was a small role).