The l00 - Part XX

Offblues
Reactions: 5

Re: The l00 - Part XX

Post by Offblues »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 01:19
Talking about Jodie Comer, I finally watched it and it's a pretty cute movie. I was suprised that she's more prominent than I thought. I thought she's just very secondary character, so it's a nice surprise.
What movie? :P
I registered on The L Chat and all I got was this lousy signature

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 03:48

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Offblues wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 01:24
Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 01:19
Talking about Jodie Comer, I finally watched it and it's a pretty cute movie. I was suprised that she's more prominent than I thought. I thought she's just very secondary character, so it's a nice surprise.
What movie? :P
DA Free Guy

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 03:48
And this is why I'll never leave this place. :lol:

DA.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 22:16
Guest wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 16:27
Well Dune for sure was...something. I think I can understand why so many love it, but also why quite a few hated the film.
One thing I don't get is, why they wasted any budget on big names and they have barely any screentime :lol: like, what's the point. I know that Z. will be back in the second part, so that's not about her, but others?

Anyway, to me, Arrival remains his best sci fi movie, mostly because there was some depth to the main character. I noticed in both Blade Runner and here I really didn't feel that. The characters are paper thin.

Anyone else saw it? What do you think?
saw a lot of people praised dune for the cinematography saying it's superb but not much of the actors/characters. i think Villeneuve is very plot and cinematographic driven lately that the characters became flat. i watched BR and thought it's soso at first, I actually enjoyed it later on a rewatch tbf

to the other anon, i want to watch the last duel cause of jodie but apparently there are 2 very graphic r*pe scenes. i guess it's for the plot. I'll still most likely watch it for her acting. and adam driver picks good movies so house of gucci as well
Da/ the last duel is on my wish list too. Read so many good things about it. Lots of folks totally surprised with the movie. But I guess I’ll have to wait bc my local Cinema is not showing it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why isn't there a line that differentiates the important threads from the general onee.. :rageblush:

I like that in pc there at least is a color(thanks to the script).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 06:34
Why isn't there a line that differentiates the important threads from the general onee.. :rageblush:

I like that in pc there at least is a color(thanks to the script).
Yep, the pinned topics should be separated somehow

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Well Dune for sure was...something. I think I can understand why so many love it, but also why quite a few hated the film.
One thing I don't get is, why they wasted any budget on big names and they have barely any screentime :lol: like, what's the point. I know that Z. will be back in the second part, so that's not about her, but others?

Anyway, to me, Arrival remains his best sci fi movie, mostly because there was some depth to the main character. I noticed in both Blade Runner and here I really didn't feel that. The characters are paper thin.

saw a lot of people praised dune for the cinematography saying it's superb but not much of the actors/characters. i think Villeneuve is very plot and cinematographic driven lately that the characters became flat. i watched BR and thought it's soso at first, I actually enjoyed it later on a rewatch tbf

to the other anon, i want to watch the last duel cause of jodie but apparently there are 2 very graphic r*pe scenes. i guess it's for the plot. I'll still most likely watch it for her acting. and adam driver picks good movies so house of gucci as well
OP, if I had to choose between these two (Dune vs BR), then I would easily choose BR.

I haven't read the books, tho I tried, but at this point I really don't think Dune is a movie material, even if the story will be told in two films. And speaking of monumental books, at this point, what Jackson did with Lord of the Rings feels like miracle, because we know he wasn't able to replicate that with Hobbit.

damn I sound like I hated the movie (Dune), but I really didn't...it's just..it was beautiful, but emotionally so empty :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 19:18
Guest wrote:
23 Oct 2021, 17:45
MY are asking for clarification and an apology from Aespa rapper Giselle following a video which allegedly showed her lip-syncing a racial slur

i will never understand anger over this stuff. If that's the case shouldn't this word be banned from popular music. :unsure:
My point is, this word has been commercilized and reduce to something ...common and cheap. Not by fans who sing those songs, but by people who perform and sell them. To demand from fans to skip it, when they sing and have fun to those songs...come on.
I don't know who this person is, but I understand what you're saying. I like Kendrick Lamar and his music a lot, but a few years ago there was this situation when at one of his concerts he wanted to take a person from the crowd to a rap along with him, a song that mentions the n word after every three words. From the crowd that was in majority black people, he got one of the few white girls and when she started rapping along, included that word, he started shaking his head in disapproval and pretty much made the crowd boo her. Like wtf, he wrote a song with multiple mentions of this word and topped it with inviting the whitest person in the crowd on stage.

That being said, I don't feel comfortable saying this word even in a song, but I don't understand when a celeb gets a reputation for being racist and when you ask why, it's because they sang this word in a song that mentions the word...
oh, I remember that story. There was wild discussion about it, yeah! BUt I think the guy from Variety nailed the issue:
The power that the word has is undeniable and educating yourself is important. But I do agree that pop culture normalized the racial slur. And when situation like this happen, when people sing along - especially people and (esl) fans not form the US but from other parts of the world - and forget - I'm not sure it's fair to judged them in a way that they are judge...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 07:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

OP, if I had to choose between these two (Dune vs BR), then I would easily choose BR.

I haven't read the books, tho I tried, but at this point I really don't think Dune is a movie material, even if the story will be told in two films. And speaking of monumental books, at this point, what Jackson did with Lord of the Rings feels like miracle, because we know he wasn't able to replicate that with Hobbit.

damn I sound like I hated the movie (Dune), but I really didn't...it's just..it was beautiful, but emotionally so empty :unsure:
When you get right down to it that description fits the books as well. I have to admit that I only read the first one, and it was decades ago, but I think I remember a lack of depth in the characters there too. It was very much a male fantasy about a giant d--- measuring contest. It touches on bits and pieces of socio-political stuff along the way, but only to put the d--- measuring into context. The main character is a massive Gary Stu, whose main claim to fame is impressing hard to impress people by being naturally good at things everyone else is bad at for absolutely no reason. He's just that special.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 07:58
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

When you get right down to it that description fits the books as well. I have to admit that I only read the first one, and it was decades ago, but I think I remember a lack of depth in the characters there too. It was very much a male fantasy about a giant d--- measuring contest. It touches on bits and pieces of socio-political stuff along the way, but only to put the d--- measuring into context. The main character is a massive Gary Stu, whose main claim to fame is impressing hard to impress people by being naturally good at things everyone else is bad at for absolutely no reason. He's just that special.
DA God, the number of male written scifi/fantasy/shounen like that :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Has anyone here watched R. Scott's Prometheus? Because certain imagery and scenes setting in Dune was similar to some stuff in Prometheus . It was really uncanny at times. And it was not just simple "well, both are sci fi so ships etc." It the scene, how it was filmed. I swear I was immediately transported to specific scenes in Prometheus.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 08:50
Has anyone here watched R. Scott's Prometheus? Because certain imagery and scenes setting in Dune was similar to some stuff in Prometheus . It was really uncanny at times. And it was not just simple "well, both are sci fi so ships etc." It the scene, how it was filmed. I swear I was immediately transported to specific scenes in Prometheus.
qmta...nevermind, both movies share the same screenwriter. So that explains it. lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The Hobbit book just wasn’t as good as the original. And they split a short book to three movies which means they got greedy.

Fantastic Beasts is also another example of a prequel that should’ve stopped after one movie.

They wanted to imitate Star Wars with their own prequel trilogy but failed.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 10:16
The Hobbit book just wasn’t as good as the original. And they split a short book to three movies which means they got greedy.

Fantastic Beasts is also another example of a prequel that should’ve stopped after one movie.

Fantastic Beasts makes zero sense as the vehicle for the Grindelwald wars.

Also, thank god for a failed captcha, because the google keyboard wrote "fantastic breasts" :lol: which I'm sure exists, but as an entirely different movie.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 11:17
Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 10:16

Fantastic Beasts makes zero sense as the vehicle for the Grindelwald wars.

Also, thank god for a failed captcha, because the google keyboard wrote "fantastic breasts" :lol: which I'm sure exists, but as an entirely different movie.
DA They fell into the Harry Potter and the.... trap of naming all your movies consistently despite the latter ones having really little to do with the titular character. Even the first one was named pretty poorly, I mean it's not like people had a strong connection to the textbooks that got published. Instead of having to roundabout go through Newt's story, why not just cut to the chase and call it the Dumbledore prequels. But then they would need to have the guts to feature a gay lead character.

Someone also needs to tell David Heyman to stop making things so dark and take it back to its whimsical magic roots.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Fantastic Breasts, from the people who brought you Inrearendence Day and Brassiere to Eternity

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

My dad just now while searching for something to watch: They don't make movies like before anymore. And all the main characters are female now too.." :lol: and here I am - cannot find anything with a woman lead or at least one who doesn't fall in love with her male co-lead

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

hmmm, guessing there might be some drama in Blackpink world :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 12:25

Lmao :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Probably whatever happened to this thread a while back. Even though it was a clexa/tloo thread some people got angry when there was too much ADC or too much ET talk, so they made separate threads for them. Even though, there wasn't a need.. lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lol on the subject of threads, I've been a constant lurker on this thread (and all its prev iterations) over many years. But I was checking out the other L-chat threads on the General Discussions page earlier today, which I rarely do, and I saw "The l00" thread, and was thinking to myself, "lol, people still talk about that show?"

008 I forget what this thread and its name is sometimes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 13:41
Probably whatever happened to this thread a while back. Even though it was a clexa/tloo thread some people got angry when there was too much ADC or too much ET talk, so they made separate threads for them. Even though, there wasn't a need.. lol
The ET thread on spam was something lol specially when the news abt her marriage broke out :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 13:16
Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 12:25

Lmao :lol:
:lol: I visit the BP thread but I swear it's just 2 or 3 trolls the rest are okish.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

The Hobbit had a whole bunch of problems behind why it sucked so much, mostly to do with studio greed. Making it into three movies, adding the love triangle, kicking off the original director and bringing on Jackson to finish something that he wasn't as much a part of the creating of. For LOTR he prepared for years and basically did what he set out to do, for Hobbit he was brought in on short notice to complete a mishmash of different visions.

Unrelated, but I was woken up by a series of beeps/tones and now I can't figure out what it was. Not my two phones, not my two laptops...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

lol united... torn between laughing and the fact liverpool dropping points was what i wanted tho.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ok what's the name of the nun movie that ppl were talking about a while ago? i couldn't remember
i think it's out but i've not heard about it

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 16:45
ok what's the name of the nun movie that ppl were talking about a while ago? i couldn't remember
Benedetta

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 16:50
Guest wrote:
Benedetta
A friend saw it and got half wtf and half traumatized :nervous:
I'd skip this one for sure.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

My team won :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 17:39
Yay! :goldstar:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 16:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Benedetta
DA
Oh? I thought the critics liked it when it premiered at that film festival?

Offblues
Reactions: 5

Post by Offblues »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 17:39

good for you anon :rage:
I registered on The L Chat and all I got was this lousy signature

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 17:51
Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 16:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Benedetta
DA
Oh? I thought the critics liked it when it premiered at that film festival?
The film is shit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 07:58
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Without getting into spoilers...thats by design and it has a great payoff...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Started Helstorm. Finished two episodes and so far i like the plot and the quality is good.

The main dude's manpain is a bit too much and annoying for me and I guess when a love relationship is formed between him and the nun is gonna be even more annoying but for now his sister, Ana, and the plot alone are actually worth the watch. So we'll see how this goes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

this thread must be cosplaying for halloween, because it's dead

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 20:37
this thread must be cosplaying for halloween, because it's dead

:lol:

Tbf apparently a weird amount of us are in the process of moving

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 19:17
Started Helstorm. Finished two episodes and so far i like the plot and the quality is good.

The main dude's manpain is a bit too much and annoying for me and I guess when a love relationship is formed between him and the nun is gonna be even more annoying but for now his sister, Ana, and the plot alone are actually worth the watch. So we'll see how this goes.
Ana was an icon that never happened and I'm still mad about this.
I liked that show a lot.

Reactions:

8Re: The l00 - Part XX

Post by Guest »

Damn, the lady who was head armorer on Baldwin's movie is only 24. And that was only her second film where she was preparing and checking guns. :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm literally tires of eating my fries with ketchup. How do people do it, I don't know.. :bigcry: I miss my lutenitsa ffs.. Ketchup doesn't even taste good with fries :rageblush:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Yep, it's a lazy ol' one-turtle Sunday Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 21:28
I'm literally tires of eating my fries with ketchup. How do people do it, I don't know.. :bigcry: I miss my lutenitsa ffs.. Ketchup doesn't even taste good with fries :rageblush:
You should try chicken salt

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That's not very stealthy :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 21:28
I just googled this stuff and it almost sounds like a pasta sauce? Idk I'd give it a try. I bet they have this at the world market in town. I need to go there anyway to get some more chili crisp oil.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I heard that eating kiwi before bed helps you sleep well :hmmm: