Reactions: 51

Re: Warrior Nun (Netflix)

Post by Aemeth »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2022, 19:41
Aemeth wrote:
06 Jun 2022, 17:27
I hadn't even noticed, if this is true I'm already bawling
There will be a LOT of subtle and not so subtle Avatrice this season. The fact that they didnt put so many in the teaser is good as well. Also, pls pls let there be another awesome Beatrice fight again like in S1, it was iconic!

For the release date, imo Netflix dont want First Kill and Warrior Nun overlapping (gay fanbase). I think Netflix releases good shows in latter half (end of the year) like The Witcher or Hill House saga. It wont be the same scale but looking at the trailer, it looks WAYYY high quality than S1.
Defintely amen to the first part, I feel we ar egetting LOTS more avatrice :heart:
As for the second part I get the point but then they should have dropped the older show this summer! Plus a vampire show fits much more into the dark half of the year in my oppinion. I very much look forward to First Kill but right now no show has my heart as much as Warrior Nun.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

WHo the hell releases a trailer 6 months before the show airs, this is a comedy at this point

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

This winter??? Jesus that's not a date... Summer just started... So it's 6 + months more... Probably December... "This" means like this year or 2023?
Anyways it's forever : :handbags:

Aemeth
Veteran

Post by Aemeth »

guest wrote:
06 Jun 2022, 20:48
:dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2022, 20:54
WHo the hell releases a trailer 6 months before the show airs, this is a comedy at this point
That is what you call a set up imo unless they give us some damn good promo to make up for it. but this wait is so long we already had to wait like 2 years for a new season to come out now this. once they have the hype they should use it wisely I hope this season does good enough so we can have more.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2022, 20:54
It's not a trailer though-. Just the treaser. And if there wasn't this geeked week or whatever I doubt they would have released it already. But this week seems to be like the disneyday thing where they show all the products that are going to come in the next couple of months.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I feel so bad because if someone on twitter didn't mention that Mary was missing from the trailer I wouldn't even realize it. I hate to say it but Mary was probably the character that made more sense to get written off the show since everyone else had a more important role for the new season. well I'm just assuming they will write her off the show unless they choose to kill Mary instead idk

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Aemeth wrote:
06 Jun 2022, 17:27
I hadn't even noticed, if this is true I'm already bawling
Who made Bea cry?! Image

Also, is she the awesome nun using the divinium sword? Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't get why people made it seem like the lead in Warrior nun is in a canon romance with Beatrice you made me watch the whole season thinking it would become for real but Ava was with some guy and nothing happens between them. There's nothing to indicate this will be more than implied and such nonsense.

Aemeth
Veteran

Post by Aemeth »

Kids these days don't know the meaning of slowburn anymore... :fool:
Anyways, I only just noticed this - Ava you jealous little puppy wanting Beatrice all for yourself :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Aemeth wrote:
06 Jun 2022, 22:23
Kids these days don't know the meaning of slowburn anymore... :fool:
Anyways, I only just noticed this - Ava you jealous little puppy wanting Beatrice all for yourself :wub:
x2 exactly and when the relationship happens fast or during the first season they say it's rushed or it has no development.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
06 Jun 2022, 22:10
I don't get why people made it seem like the lead in Warrior nun is in a canon romance with Beatrice you made me watch the whole season thinking it would become for real but Ava was with some guy and nothing happens between them. There's nothing to indicate this will be more than implied and such nonsense.
Lol I recommend you sue the L Chat for compensation. I don't know anyone who ever said that Ava/Beatrice was canon.

Anyway, why is Beatrice is normal casual clothes dancing at some club. Where is her nun outfit. What is going on? What or who is on Ava's to do list?

Aemeth
Veteran

Post by Aemeth »

'Much more that we know that you know that we know that you wanted' aka avatrice, bless you Kristina :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2022, 06:40
Guest wrote:
Lol I recommend you sue the L Chat for compensation. I don't know anyone who ever said that Ava/Beatrice was canon.

Anyway, why is Beatrice is normal casual clothes dancing at some club. Where is her nun outfit. What is going on? What or who is on Ava's to do list?
I choose to believe that it means she's been excommunicated, and is now staying on unofficially for Ava, in a similar role to the one Mary had.

She disobeyed a direct order from Duretti to report to a new assignment. It's extremely likely that it has consequences. The others just participated in an unsanctioned mission that was technically within the order's purview. Beatrice made a career-ending choice. The show really should treat it like one.

Learning to accept herself, and figuring out who she actually wants to be without the option of hiding in the Church any more, would be a reasonable arc for her at this point in the story.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2022, 07:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I choose to believe that it means she's been excommunicated, and is now staying on unofficially for Ava, in a similar role to the one Mary had.

She disobeyed a direct order from Duretti to report to a new assignment. It's extremely likely that it has consequences. The others just participated in an unsanctioned mission that was technically within the order's purview. Beatrice made a career-ending choice. The show really should treat it like one.

Learning to accept herself, and figuring out who she actually wants to be without the option of hiding in the Church any more, would be a reasonable arc for her at this point in the story.
QMTA

I just realised that being excommunicated might be the explanation for her crying here.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2022, 07:22
Guest wrote:
07 Jun 2022, 07:19
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

QMTA

I just realised that being excommunicated might be the explanation for her crying here.

QMTA Again, because I forgot - She's wearing the white shirt they wear with their habits, so she's either putting it on or taking it off. If she's been kicked out then crying while taking off the uniform and being comforted by Ava explains everything about this picture.

Anoni
Reactions:

Post by Anoni »

Now that the show is coming back (yay finally!)
Does anyone have any fic recommendations? Really feel like reading some avatrice

Aemeth
Veteran

Post by Aemeth »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What is the chance we get it before NYE?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 11:02
What is the chance we get it before NYE?
Lmao 'Winter '22' could technically drop then but people would be too busy to watch. Definitely before Xmas.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I kinda forgot how much I loved this show until this teaser and now I hate them for making me wait this long because even though I've been anticipating the next season, it was more like a fleeting thought that would crop op every once in a while. But now it's an annoying itch I want to scratch and know I won't get to for another 6 months. I read some fanfic and a zine a long time ago before I get involved in other fandoms and let this one rest but I feel myself slipping right back in and hope there's some quality fic and fanvids I can immerse myself in when I get home tonight!

Aemeth
Veteran

Post by Aemeth »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 11:59
I kinda forgot how much I loved this show until this teaser and now I hate them for making me wait this long because even though I've been anticipating the next season, it was more like a fleeting thought that would crop op every once in a while. But now it's an annoying itch I want to scratch and know I won't get to for another 6 months. I read some fanfic and a zine a long time ago before I get involved in other fandoms and let this one rest but I feel myself slipping right back in and hope there's some quality fic and fanvids I can immerse myself in when I get home tonight!
Same, only I never forgot how much I love this show, so take comfort in the fact that I have been suffering for two years allready :'( There is some great fanfiction in the fandom, I have written some of it myself I hope :)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guys make sure you watch the warrior nun teaser on YouTube and on the Netflix official social media page.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Aemeth wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 19:39
Guest wrote:
Same, only I never forgot how much I love this show, so take comfort in the fact that I have been suffering for two years allready :'( There is some great fanfiction in the fandom, I have written some of it myself I hope :)
Awww. I actually think I might do a rewatch this weekend. It's been long enough that I've forgotten a lot of what's happened actually. And after the binge, dive right into ao3 with every little moment fresh in my mind :lol:

Aemeth
Veteran

Post by Aemeth »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 20:18
Aemeth wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 19:39
Guest wrote:
Awww. I actually think I might do a rewatch this weekend. It's been long enough that I've forgotten a lot of what's happened actually. And after the binge, dive right into ao3 with every little moment fresh in my mind :lol:
Sounds like a plan, enjoy! :dance2:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
Man..you're so vague 😀 Would you be so kind and tell us a little bit more?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 20:05
Guys make sure you watch the warrior nun teaser on YouTube and on the Netflix official social media page.

So Adriel and Vincent seem to be spreading some type of propaganda with the help of locals at :32 which also seems to tie into that mural of Ava and Adriel on the wall at :48.

Adriel :41-:43 and Duretti :45-:46 seem to be in the same location, although possibly not at the same time.

Looks like Lilith :49 might be about to go into the portal.

Seems like Mother Superion and Camila have stumbled upon the aftermath of a massacre of some of their own nuns at :50. Maybe that's why Beatrice is crying at the beginning of the trailer?

1:04-1:07 No idea who that is kicking ass with the divinium sword but whoever it is is trying to save some captive nuns in cage.

1:14-1:16 Definitely Lilith kicking ass there with her newfound powers.

Season 2 looks so good and well worth the wait! Hopefully it'll get renewed for a third season, at least. Make sure to give the trailer some more views and likes, ladies! It's gotten 394k views and 18k likes so far. Not bad at all but we can do even better.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 21:22
guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2022, 19:32
Guest wrote:

So Adriel and Vincent seem to be spreading some type of propaganda with the help of locals at :32 which also seems to tie into that mural of Ava and Adriel on the wall at :48.

Adriel :41-:43 and Duretti :45-:46 seem to be in the same location, although possibly not at the same time.

Seems like Mother Superion and Camila have stumbled upon the aftermath of a massacre of some of their own nuns at :50. Maybe that's why Beatrice is crying at the beginning of the trailer?

1:04-1:07 No idea who that is kicking ass with the divinium sword but whoever it is is trying to save some captive nuns in cage.

Season 2 looks so good and well worth the wait! Hopefully it'll get renewed for a third season, at least. Make sure to give the trailer some more views and likes, ladies! It's gotten 394k views and 18k likes so far. Not bad at all but we can do even better.
Idk if that's where Ava is at the end of the teaser but it looks a bit like it but during the day.

Miguel is one of the people giving out flyers with Adriel's face on it... probably when they meet each other but it's a bit sus. I also don't know if the draw on the wall is supposed to be pro Ava or pro Adriel.

Also want to know if the nun fighting with the stick is Bea again.

Looking again, I think the pendant with possibly divinium is a crucifix. Bea looks so happy in the dance scene and Ava looks so captivated by her. Curious to know if it's really a gay bar.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
09 Jun 2022, 23:31
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2022, 21:22
guest wrote:
I'm so torn between wanting a slowburn (honestly the best ships are) and being afraid they'll get canceled after this season. The response to the teaser was better than I was hoping and they got a bit of new people to watch after it too. Hopefully the season 2 will bring even more people and we get more seasons. I'm really excited.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Damn, that trailer is doing numbers. :blinkwide:

It's now at 430k views, all in the span of a few hours. It'll definitely be 500k by tomorrow at this rate.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 00:14
Damn, that trailer is doing numbers. :blinkwide:

It's now at 430k views, all in the span of a few hours. It'll definitely be 500k by tomorrow at this rate.
It's about to hit 530k now.

I wonder if Netflix will do a renewal announcement before the season drops? They might consider it if it generates enough hype. They've seen it, so they'll know if it's actually good. The long-ass gap before the drop implies they're looking for something to happen in the meantime. Although it might just be wanting to see how much free publicity the lesbian horde can generate once poked with a stick.

We shall await developments.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I really thought we're the only fans left after the hiatus lol Is it the Brazilians? :lol: I know they got small fandom of dudebros, they seem to think WN S1 is a nice nun action albeit bad writing.

I really think it's why WN got renewed. Out of all the small budget shows they released last time, it's one of those shows which unexpectedly has enough fans and fanbase. So weird, will Avatrice blow up even more? :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2022, 23:01
I really thought we're the only fans left after the hiatus lol Is it the Brazilians? :lol: I know they got small fandom of dudebros, they seem to think WN S1 is a nice nun action albeit bad writing.

I really think it's why WN got renewed. Out of all the small budget shows they released last time, it's one of those shows which unexpectedly has enough fans and fanbase. So weird, will Avatrice blow up even more? :$
Yeah, WN got a lot of cut-through, people I follow on twitter who never seem to talk about Netflix's other non-"prestige" shows really liked it.

I think there's a lot to be said for television that simply hits the right notes without being too exhausting or serious, never underestimate the appeal of a very well done B-tier TV show that has just a little extra something about it that makes it appealing or memorable. Characters you want to see more of, interesting mythology and a strong back half/season finale definitely helps, the anticipation for more is there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It would be very interesting to see who all makes up the fanbase. lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

In this post it looks like they are coming back this summer…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2022, 05:59
https://twitter.com/netflixbrasil/stat ... 2YcOXVYuPg
In this post it looks like they are coming back this summer…
Summer in Brazil starts in December :')

Guest25
Reactions: 59

Post by Guest25 »

Crap, I didn't think it through either, LOL

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2022, 20:46

Aemeth
Veteran

Post by Aemeth »

Allright, to bring us back on topic:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2022, 21:05
Guest wrote:
Oh wow, so like they confirmed that Avatrice was intended from the get go? I would assume it's a case of like 'seeing how it goes' since there's really not much blatant Ava/Bea lingering looks aside from one or two scenes in the latter half. If anything, Toya and Alba have much much more screentime and banter.

I really think Alba and KTY's chemistry just made those minuscule moments so much better.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2022, 23:40
Guest wrote:
09 Jun 2022, 19:32
Guest wrote:

Idk if that's where Ava is at the end of the teaser but it looks a bit like it but during the day.

Miguel is one of the people giving out flyers with Adriel's face on it... probably when they meet each other but it's a bit sus. I also don't know if the draw on the wall is supposed to be pro Ava or pro Adriel.

Also want to know if the nun fighting with the stick is Bea again.

Looking again, I think the pendant with possibly divinium is a crucifix. Bea looks so happy in the dance scene and Ava looks so captivated by her. Curious to know if it's really a gay bar.
Also curious to know what's going on at that church (?) and with the people with the gas masks

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2022, 21:13
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Oh wow, so like they confirmed that Avatrice was intended from the get go? I would assume it's a case of like 'seeing how it goes' since there's really not much blatant Ava/Bea lingering looks aside from one or two scenes in the latter half. If anything, Toya and Alba have much much more screentime and banter.

I really think Alba and KTY's chemistry just made those minuscule moments so much better.
Yeah, there's also a bit in ep 3. Simon has said he has an arc for like 5 to 7 seasons (not that netflix has the best track record unfortunately). So maybe a bit of planning ahead and writing a slowburn with also trying to see how people would react to them

Aemeth
Veteran

Post by Aemeth »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2022, 21:20
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yeah, there's also a bit in ep 3. Simon has said he has an arc for like 5 to 7 seasons (not that netflix has the best track record unfortunately). So maybe a bit of planning ahead and writing a slowburn with also trying to see how people would react to them
Simon has confirmed avatrice multiple times, a writer has confirmed it and the story speaks for itself. Ava and Beatrice got a lot more than just two scenes, I'm not sure what show you've been watching :lol:
Last edited by Aemeth on 11 Jun 2022, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2022, 21:20
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA Episode 3 has some pretty vital moments for sure, both let their walls down for each other in different ways and it establishes a particular connection that's different to Ava's relationship with the other main sisters.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just taking a moment to LOL at 666k views.

It's silly, I know. But it's amoment that will never come again. And I feel like it deserves a quiet little nod of approval.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sooo, possibly drunk Beatrice at the dance scene. I guess it kind of goes with Ava's look of kinda disbelief idk

Also there are so many little things happening in the teaser that we have no idea what they mean. I'm so excited to find out. Hate that netflix is making us wait this much.