Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 18:22
Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 17:58
Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 17:38
:ragee:

It's as much speculation as those saying it can get easily renewed. Although I keep seeing these people say "it did non perform as well as expected" and I wonder what exactly were people or Netflix expecting when you have 2.5 years pass in between seasons, season 1 already wasn't all that promoted either, 0 cast content for season 2, released in the busiest month with several BIG releases and still managed at least 2 weeks in the global top 10, with s1 even climbing up there for the second week.

I've said it before, if anyone expected much more than what they're getting, they shouldn't run such business.
yeah i don’t know what exactly these expectations were but I’m gonna hazard a guess that s2 has had a much better reaction than anyone could’ve expected given the circumstances. whether Netflix cares enough about that and whether the data says there’s a sizeable audience watching the show is another conversation. but the fandom are certainly putting up a fight, the show could be a slow burner for new watchers. I hope Netflix haven’t already made up their mind and are actually weighing everything up to decide the shows fate.
Yeah, same, because I still see people starting WN this week (as usual, from s1), so word of mouth is working. Taking only a month to decide whether a show is renewed or cancelled is pretty stupid (as much as it could put us out of our misery, for better or for worse), sometimes shows just take a bit longer to get on people's radar (particularly the non-promoted ones), especially nowadays with so many different streaming services and so much new content almsot every week

Reactions:

Re: Warrior Nun (Netflix - S2 out now)

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't think it will be on the top global bc we weren't on the US or Brazil top 10s and fell out of other top 10s. But happy it's getting back on some (it'll only count for the next week unfortunately) and maybe we can get back on the top global for week 4. It helps that there's not much being released rn so maybe people will have finished the big shows and tune in wn

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 19:00
:lol: :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Suggestions for season 3, Simon? :spy:
That means Netflix hasn't cancelled the show yet :rofl: :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 18:40
You know what to do. Brazil is a huge market

Ask them to post about wn on Instagram pls

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 18:54
I don't think it will be on the top global bc we weren't on the US or Brazil top 10s and fell out of other top 10s. But happy it's getting back on some (it'll only count for the next week unfortunately) and maybe we can get back on the top global for week 4. It helps that there's not much being released rn so maybe people will have finished the big shows and tune in wn
Wasn't it out of the US top last week as well?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Special edits or memes; all the sweet and funny stuff is something to be proud of rather than cringey, but a few fanfics are for internal consumption only and generate a lot of second hand embarrassment, and that the showrunners and the cast may see a few of those give me an uncomfortable feeling. Some are praise-worthy though, I'll admit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

All this Korean stuff that floods netflix globally are a hit in the US? Not every show is Squid Game, which, by the way, I hated. I only tolerate watching violence on fantasy shows.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

loliquiu
Reactions: 0

Post by loliquiu »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 17:31
Has someone watched this movie. It's the third picture

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 19:12
Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 18:54
Wasn't it out of the US top last week as well?
I think it was on the US top 10 for a week. Since it was released on a Thursday, it was 4 days for week 1 and 3 for week 2 (bc netflix counts the top global from Monday to Sunday)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

loliquiu wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 19:30
Guest wrote:
Apparently it's available in HBO MAX in Portugal. Any portuguese anon?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Abysmal..

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's out. We're #9. Quite big drop in hours though.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 19:55
Abysmal..
hey at least it's still in the top 10 (#9)....

anyone wanna crunch the numbers and work out the % drop from last week?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Abysmal..
this is bad, too big drop...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Many were fearing we wouldn't be in the top 10, so at least there's that, yeah!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wednesday has ober 300 million hours viewed. Thats where the hours Wenn. Last week the top 10 had over 19 million.now it's less. Its as simple as that.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 19:58
Guest wrote:
Abysmal..

Last week S2 was 27.740.000. That's 57% drop, it's over.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 20:00
Wednesday has ober 300 million hours viewed. Thats where the hours Wenn. Last week the top 10 had over 19 million.now it's less. Its as simple as that.
Yeah, it's impossible to compete with Wednesday. The amount of money they threw into that marketing campaign must be ridiculous.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 19:58
Guest wrote:
Abysmal..

Last week S2 was 27.740.000. That's 57% drop, it's over.
It's over only when it's over. And it's not.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 19:47
loliquiu wrote:
Guest wrote:
Portuguese here and yes, it is.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

i mean to be fair, everything in the bottom half of the top 10 did kinda terrible because wednesday just blew everything out of the water. which is how WN is even still in the top 10 at all with numbers like 11,970,000

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Wednesday now has the record for the most viewed English language tv show for a week, even beating Stranger Things. I'm sorry I just finished that show, and it was rather mid and very predictable. But I guess since it was aimed at the CW teen audience it snagged those huge numbers.

Warrior Nun could still go either way. We don't know all that Netflix is looking for when renewing. But yeah, compared to other shows with similar run times it lagging far behind at this point. Sigh.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

We need a miracle! I'f we got canceled I hope Netflix put me out of my misery quickly so I can cancel my subscription and NEVER put my money on it again.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 20:03
Guest wrote:
Yeah, it's impossible to compete with Wednesday. The amount of money they threw into that marketing campaign must be ridiculous.
Da
Yeah, 95% of the posts is wednesday :nervous: They must be proud tho, based on the tweet that wednesday is holding the record for most hours viewed eng language show in a week

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Many were fearing we wouldn't be in the top 10, so at least there's that, yeah!
Yeah, lol I feared it wouldn't even be there... but it's impossible to compete with what was released this month. Anyways f*ck netflix

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 20:05
i mean to be fair, everything in the bottom half of the top 10 did kinda terrible because wednesday just blew everything out of the water. which is how WN is even still in the top 10 at all with numbers like 11,970,000
Exactly. I'm not saying we should celebrate like it was a huge week, but it's definitely not as bad as some are making it seem by not considering the big picture.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

last week the total hours viewed of all top 10 english series did not even equate to 340 million hours (WEDNESDAY'S viewership this week)
thats clearly gonna be accounted for, at least wn is still top 10

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 19:47
loliquiu wrote:
Guest wrote:
Portuguese here and yes, it is.
So can you tell us something about it? Fast forwarding maybe? Please?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It is. It’s literally everywhere and I haven’t interacted with anything about it at all. Sad too because I see so many lesbians shipping the main characters when it’s clearly not going there. Makes me sad cause I know people are just looking for good rep but Wednesday is never gonna pay out in the LGBT front.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 20:08
last week the total hours viewed of all top 10 english series did not even equate to 340 million hours (WEDNESDAY'S viewership this week)
thats clearly gonna be accounted for, at least wn is still top 10
Exactly. It's not like people can watch multiple showscat once. And wednesday has a similar target audience.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The drop is bad but what more can we do, every single thing above it is stuff that was released in the past 2 weeks and a half and for the most part had either more promo or was the final season which is always going to bring in more viewers (I imagined Wednesday would do really well, what with it being a famous IP with the favorite character of said IP and the 6 month long promotion it got, but Jesus, those numbers are insane for a show that wasn't surely a masterpiece)

I was hoping the 20M hours viewed for s1 would all translate for s2 hours viewed but it's possible that people aren't binging as we did (I've seen a few people on twitter say they finished s2 in the past couple of days for example).

At this point we just have to hope their expectations were low and other factors like completion rate and the tax breaks from filming in Spain with a fairly low budget are enough. Like I said, we did our part, it's hard to do more with no support from the platform (and no, posting the same Avatrice pictures and a couple of battle scenes weeks after they released the season and amidst 15 other daily posts isn't enough).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

We'll find out soon, before Christmas.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 20:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
It is. It’s literally everywhere and I haven’t interacted with anything about it at all. Sad too because I see so many lesbians shipping the main characters when it’s clearly not going there. Makes me sad cause I know people are just looking for good rep but Wednesday is never gonna pay out in the LGBT front.
Da
People used to crackship,they still will probably accus netflix in queerbaiting, but they will be fine with the ship no being canon

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 20:07
Guest wrote:
Exactly. I'm not saying we should celebrate like it was a huge week, but it's definitely not as bad as some are making it seem by not considering the big picture.
The thing is... does Netflix consider the big picture? Or they only see number IDK, all I know is that they are lesbophobic AF. They set us up to fail, and they got what they wanted. So IDK what to expect anymore.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Once the wednesday hype is over maybe we'll get to breathe again.

What I am gathering from this is that manifest season 2 must have sucked.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Honestly though the fact that Warrior Nun is even in the top 10 when you look at the other shows is big. It’s there with Wednesday, 1899, Manifest the Crown and Dead to Me - all huge Netflix shows that were really promoted and have established fan bases. Shows like Elite, Ancient Apocalypse, the Great British Baking Show etc are all gone. I think it did very well. I think what might hurt us the most is the large drop in viewership. All we can do is wait and see I guess.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 20:09
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
At this point I feel like people like getting baited. Obviously most people didn't watch Wednesday because they were shipping the two girls but in general, I see some of the biggest fandoms are for couples that never happened, never would have happened or will never happen (Supercorp, SwanQueen, the two on Wednesday) and I don't get it, especially when good rep is out there but gets cancelled because they don't get enough views or whatever. Or even if they don't get immediatly cancelled the fandoms don't blow up (maybe you'll get hit tweets, but it doesn't translate into fandom content, which is also part of the problem of cosuming media nowadays, rather than watching the ful story people just essentially watch shows/couples through gifs or breif fancams).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It’s annoying cause they could’ve dropped WN in October to give us a better chance. Meanwhile it’s out out in the middle of November with no promo, and no hype.

And it’s so annoying seeing Wednesday and the blonde from the show getting shipped and getting over 100,000k notes each time for literally nothing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 20:18
Honestly though the fact that Warrior Nun is even in the top 10 when you look at the other shows is big. It’s there with Wednesday, 1899, Manifest the Crown and Dead to Me - all huge Netflix shows that were really promoted and have established fan bases. Shows like Elite, Ancient Apocalypse, the Great British Baking Show etc are all gone. I think it did very well. I think what might hurt us the most is the large drop in viewership. All we can do is wait and see I guess.
Everyone dropped a lot.last week spot 10 had double the amoubt of hours viewed.everyone rushed to see wednesday. Then 1899 as well. People can't spend 24 hours watching tv.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Elite is a non-english show it did 48,270,000...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

On a good note...

YASMINE :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 20:14
Guest wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 20:07
Guest wrote:
The thing is... does Netflix consider the big picture? Or they only see number IDK, all I know is that they are lesbophobic AF. They set us up to fail, and they got what they wanted. So IDK what to expect anymore.
Of course i have no idea now netflix does it, but usually there isn’t exactly a big picture to be seen (enterprises don’t go that way) where numbers are concerned, this is why they look at % and % drops and compare their product.
So even if wednesday viewership is huge, the % drop of other shows is not as big as it is for wn actually.
But who really knows what netflix considers.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Elite is there. But its on another top 10 (TV-non English)