Troubleshooting

STMTH
Administrator
Reactions: 35

Re: Troubleshooting

Post by STMTH »

The host is reporting issues that may affect performance of the forum. Thanks in advance for your patience.
1 Image

STMTH
Administrator

Post by STMTH »

Scheduled maintenance will occur on Sept 23 at UTC 13:00. Please be advised that there may be access issues for a brief period as a result.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

STMTH wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 07:53
Scheduled maintenance will occur on Sept 23 at UTC 13:00. Please be advised that there may be access issues for a brief period as a result.
You should increase system maintenance for lesbophobes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Good day,

I have registered with the user name Yadom. Can you please approve the request.

Thanks

Guest not working
Reactions:

Post by Guest not working »

The username you entered is already in use, please select an alternative.

Why am I unable to use the term guest?
Back to the frustrating days of the initial (I want to say migration but that’s hardly accurate…) move from zeta.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest not working wrote:
28 Oct 2021, 01:23
The username you entered is already in use, please select an alternative.

Why am I unable to use the term guest?
Back to the frustrating days of the initial (I want to say migration but that’s hardly accurate…) move from zeta.
On this forum, you just leave the username field blank and submit. The username will automatically be "Guest"

Wisteria
Reactions: 10

Post by Wisteria »

how to change the username after being registered?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I laughed at someone answering a post from 10 months ago then realised this thread hadn’t been posted on before today since Dec last year.

What happened to the systematic archiving after 180 days you were implementing :smurf: ?

https://thelchat.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=76426

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hey, I'm unable to post from Instagram. Has this been disabled recently, or is it just me. tia

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hi. Do the reddit embeds with videos autoplay for everyone? Because it does for me and it's pretty annoying, sometimes the same post will be quoted multiple times in a single page and I have to pause every single one of them individually. What can be done about it?

Some examples on the following pages:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=75579&start=39095
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=76509&start=1400

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

FIRE DADOU

FIRE DADOU

FIRE DADOU
FIRE DADOU
FIRE DADOU

!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

On my laptop I can see attached images perfectly but on a different computer I use I only see the word 'image'. Does anyone know why that is or how to fix it? Now I always have to quote the post, copy the link and open in a new tab which is...tedious.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hi Team, I am having trouble logging in my registered account Skylines that was created a couple of years ago when migrating from Zetaboards. I used to post a few messages and didn't have any issues. But for the last year, I didn't log in as I was not aware that the board is up and running again.
Now I'm trying to log in but the page doesn't recognise my login info. I then tried to register again but the board says 'Username and Email address are in use etc.'. Then I used 'Forget my password' but no email has been sent to my address.
I'm wondering if any Admin team member can help me with this issue please? I'd really appreciate your help.

AlexCabot
Reactions: 31

Post by AlexCabot »

Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 15:42
Hi Team, I am having trouble logging in my registered account Skylines that was created a couple of years ago when migrating from Zetaboards. I used to post a few messages and didn't have any issues. But for the last year, I didn't log in as I was not aware that the board is up and running again.
Now I'm trying to log in but the page doesn't recognise my login info. I then tried to register again but the board says 'Username and Email address are in use etc.'. Then I used 'Forget my password' but no email has been sent to my address.
I'm wondering if any Admin team member can help me with this issue please? I'd really appreciate your help.
I can see that user. If its possible for you to get on discord and shoot one of the admin/mods a message there we can confirm you are you (provide email type info attached to the account) and get you a new password.
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

AlexCabot wrote:
13 Jan 2022, 02:19
Guest wrote:
12 Jan 2022, 15:42
I can see that user. If its possible for you to get on discord and shoot one of the admin/mods a message there we can confirm you are you (provide email type info attached to the account) and get you a new password.
Thank you for your kind advice. I will do that :)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is this board resizing images. I can see a good few images that are being blown up on this board. What's going on?

AlexCabot

Post by AlexCabot »

Guest wrote:
15 Jan 2022, 11:02
Is this board resizing images. I can see a good few images that are being blown up on this board. What's going on?
I discussed it with the other mods and none of us had noticed anything weird with how the images were displaying. Can you please provide us links to some examples?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why doesn't this forum have that feature where you can collapse or expand a post I mean that would be really useful against those trolls who fill the page with a letter or string of nonsense that you have to scroll the entirety of to get to the next post

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

FYI - Back getting those SQL error - max amount exceeded messages again the past couple days…

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 21:53
FYI - Back getting those SQL error - max amount exceeded messages again the past couple days…
Same here.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Jan 2022, 20:06
Guest wrote:
22 Jan 2022, 21:53
Same here.
just happened again and I remembered to copy the error, not sure if it’s helpful tho (?)
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

User 'u675128740_tlcjc2k' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 50) [1226]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:unsure:

Cloudflare errors
Reactions:

Post by Cloudflare errors »

Error 522 Ray ID: 6d327dfc0bf2e67c • 2022-01-25 15:22:05 UTC
Connection timed out
You Browser Working
London Cloudflare Working
thelchat.net Host Error
What happened?

The initial connection between Cloudflare's network and the origin web server timed out. As a result, the web page can not be displayed.
What can I do?

If you're a visitor of this website:

Please try again in a few minutes.

If you're the owner of this website:

Contact your hosting provider letting them know your web server is not completing requests. An Error 522 means that the request was able to connect to your web server, but that the request didn't finish. The most likely cause is that something on your server is hogging resources. Additional troubleshooting information here.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hi, is there a way of making a thread members only but still visible to everyone?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The sql errors are back
👏DO 👏SOMETHING👏

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hello! How long does it take for a new account to be approved/activated? I made a new one, but I don't know how long it'll take. I want to post with an account from here on so I'm really waiting on it. Thank you

AlexCabot

Post by AlexCabot »

Guest wrote:
11 Feb 2022, 06:35
Hello! How long does it take for a new account to be approved/activated? I made a new one, but I don't know how long it'll take. I want to post with an account from here on so I'm really waiting on it. Thank you
I don't see any pending registrations. What username did you register with?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How do delete our registered account? I don't see any options in the settings

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I remembered that I have made an account (back in 2020 which I think was the time of the old l chat?). It was registered already I have my username & email, but I don't remember the password. So I followed the steps to renew the password a few times now, but I'm not getting any emails - mail or in spam. Not sure if it got banned deleted by admins etc. It was inactive for more than 2 years at this point... Help please? Thank you

AlexCabot

Post by AlexCabot »

Guest wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 14:08
I remembered that I have made an account (back in 2020 which I think was the time of the old l chat?). It was registered already I have my username & email, but I don't remember the password. So I followed the steps to renew the password a few times now, but I'm not getting any emails - mail or in spam. Not sure if it got banned deleted by admins etc. It was inactive for more than 2 years at this point... Help please? Thank you
If you are on discord you can shoot a mod a message letting them know the username and email associated so we can assist you in changing passwords.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 Feb 2022, 13:53
How do delete our registered account? I don't see any options in the settings
2x how?

Error messages
Reactions:

Post by Error messages »

Every other time I post, it says my network connection has been lost?
I know that sounds like a problem my end but it’s only on this site? I do have constant connection.
Only on this site. Yesterday and today?

Intermittent sql errors as per also.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I don't know if this can be written in this thread but Isn't l chat supposed to have 2 forums, one general and one for celebrities?

but everything is mixed up in the general one, what is the purpose of the celebrity forum if everything is in the general one, it would be good to use it and separate the general discussions from the celebrities and gossip.

Network connection lost
Reactions:

Post by Network connection lost »

Error messages wrote:
20 Feb 2022, 22:34
Every other time I post, it says my network connection has been lost?
I know that sounds like a problem my end but it’s only on this site? I do have constant connection.
Only on this site. Yesterday and today?

Intermittent sql errors as per also.
Still happening. I hit page back to postbox, hit submit and then it works. The connection is there.

Is this really only happening to me? Using safari on iPad.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Return to the index page
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

UPDATE command denied to user 'u675128740_tlcjc2k'@'localhost' for table 'phpbb_topics' [1142]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

Happened like 5x in a row

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hello! Can I have some help please? For some reason my mobile and home ip keeps being banned. I’ve tried to register for an account yesterday but it haven’t received any email for it yet.

I don’t think I’ve written or posted anything to be banned. Id like to go on this forum without using a VPN. Happy for any assistance here!

Registered Username: Dgonz

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hello~

How long does it take before an account is activated? my username is Lady.bird

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Please take a look at the TikTok thread. So many disgusting things have been said there and the nonstop trolling too. It's been days since I reported them all but the mod ignored them all.

Close the thread if you're not gonna do anything about the nonstop trolling and name-calling, close it for good this time. The majority of people in the TikTok thread wants it closed for good anyway.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is there something wrong with the music thread? It keeps reloading itself?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15905&start=2800

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

when are you actually going to fix the error

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

User 'u675128740_tlcjc2k' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 50) [1226]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

Sardonic Mouse
Reactions:

Post by Sardonic Mouse »

Are we allowed to change our usernames on here?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
23 Mar 2022, 20:43
when are you actually going to fix the error

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

This. Increasingly a pain.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What is this “checking browser before continuing to l chat” message that’s popping up every time I get on for the first time?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 20:09
What is this “checking browser before continuing to l chat” message that’s popping up every time I get on for the first time?
^This.

Also something strange, I use Dark Reader (a browser extension to enables dark mode) and all of a sudden it doesn't work on TLC anymore. It did earlier today.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Forgot to add, when I try to reload the main page, this happens now:

STMTH
Administrator

Post by STMTH »

Guest wrote:
26 Mar 2022, 20:09
It is exactly what it appears to be. Due to malicious activity, security settings for accessing this site have been increased.

STMTH
Administrator

Post by STMTH »

Due to malicious activity, we will be removing access to this forum for all Russian Federation-originated IP addresses.
Legitimate L Chatters in Russia should use VPN for your own safety to continue to access this site. The date and time of this change will not be announced for security reasons.
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is there a way to embed gettr posts and if there isn't, can there be?

https://gettr.com/post/p12ahqpc73d

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

STMTH wrote:
28 Mar 2022, 03:49
Due to malicious activity, we will be removing access to this forum for all Russian Federation-originated IP addresses.
Legitimate L Chatters in Russia should use VPN for your own safety to continue to access this site. The date and time of this change will not be announced for security reasons.
Isn't this post telling the malicious Russian trolls how to get around your security measures? Use a VPN.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Please verify my account DoNotDisturb