Troubleshooting

STMTH
Administrator
Reactions: 35

Troubleshooting

Post by STMTH »

Thanks for your patience while we migrated!

We've tried to iron out the kinks, but there may still a few things that need attention.

Some topics/pages may not display properly due to link formatting not working correctly. If you find one of those, please post about them here and include the link to the post, if applicable. We'll get to them as soon as we can!

We've added some new features, like post reactions (guests can't react to guest posts), and other goodies on the forum. Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter and other links will automatically display as embedded media. :hudoin:

There's also a Dark theme available to members (you can switch to this using your user control panel). Other theme tweaks are still being worked on, and the search function is also being worked on to lighten the load on our server so you may currently not be able to use the search function.

MEMBERS:
You will need to RESET your password. If you want to use a personal avatar, you will need to re-upload one.
Accounts with special characters may require admin assistance.

Welcome back!
:heart:
1 Image

snack_sized
Reactions: 1

Re: Troubleshooting

Post by snack_sized »

LOL can't find where to change my password. Never mind, found it. So now I need to know how to delete a post. Like this one.
1 Image

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How do you search for threads? :dramaqueen: The search box on the top right of the page just gives me results from Google and not the forum.

dadou
Reactions: 242

Post by dadou »

Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 17:16
How do you search for threads? :dramaqueen: The search box on the top right of the page just gives me results from Google and not the forum.
right now we are still indexing post and threads into the search function, so until that is donethe search bar will not be functional . There millions of post to index so it could take a while .
:tinfoil:

Reactions:

Post by guest »

dadou wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 18:28
Guest wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 17:16
right now we are still indexing post and threads into the search function, so until that is donethe search bar will not be functional . There millions of post to index so it could take a while .
Ok now I understand thanks for all the hard work setting it up. :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I love this new forum, thank you very much to all involved :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sent a message via the "Contact us"-function. Did you get it?

iloveyou
Reactions: 17

Post by iloveyou »

How to change Password?

dadou

Post by dadou »

iloveyou wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 10:46
How to change Password?
on the right side of the baord where your user name is there is a little arrow, click on it and you will find your control panel.

Different Anon
Reactions:

Post by Different Anon »

dadou wrote:
09 Jun 2020, 15:23
iloveyou wrote:
How to change Password?
on the right side of the baord where your user name is there is a little arrow, click on it and you will find your control panel.
I'm using my phone and I can't find the little arrow that you mentioned.

dadou

Post by dadou »

Different Anon wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 01:57
dadou wrote:
iloveyou wrote:
How to change Password?
on the right side of the board where your user name is there is a little arrow, click on it and you will find your control panel.
its right next to your user name .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

dadou wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 02:09
Different Anon wrote:
dadou wrote:
iloveyou wrote:
How to change Password?
on the right side of the board where your user name is there is a little arrow, click on it and you will find your control panel.
You mean the name in the members area? I can't find the arrow. I have not log in because it said incorrect password and I'm sure the password that I entered is correct. I already emailed the admin and there's no response.

dadou

Post by dadou »

Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 02:44
dadou wrote:
Different Anon wrote:
dadou wrote:
iloveyou wrote:
How to change Password?
You mean the name in the members area? I can't find the arrow. I have not log in because it said incorrect password and I'm sure the password that I entered is correct. I already emailed the admin and there's no response.
you need to be log in to see your user name , you will need to RESET your password since all the password from the old board did not carry over for security measures .

Click on ''I forgot my password '' and then enter the email you use to make your account back on the old board. Make sure you have the correct email and once that is done you should get an email to reset your password .

Dont forget to check your spam folder and dont click ont he link it gives , jsut copy the long code and paste here as your password. After that you cant resest your password in your control panel.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

dadou wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 02:56
Guest wrote:
10 Jun 2020, 02:44
dadou wrote:
Different Anon wrote:
dadou wrote:
iloveyou wrote:
How to change Password?
you need to be log in to see your user name , you will need to RESET your password since all the password from the old board did not carry over for security measures .

Click on ''I forgot my password '' and then enter the email you use to make your account back on the old board. Make sure you have the correct email and once that is done you should get an email to reset your password .

Dont forget to check your spam folder and dont click ont he link it gives , jsut copy the long code and paste here as your password. After that you cant resest your password in your control panel.
I followed your instructions and now I'm waiting for the email to reset my password. Thank you.

graham5
Reactions: 0

Post by graham5 »

What does the star mean on the flame icon next to a topic title? Thank you!

dadou

Post by dadou »

graham5 wrote:
11 Jun 2020, 22:06
I think those who have stars have reach a certain amounts of pages and if you look at those who dont have stars , they have a lower numbers of pages .

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

dadou wrote:
11 Jun 2020, 22:11
graham5 wrote:
I think those who have stars have reach a certain amounts of pages and if you look at those who dont have stars , they have a lower numbers of pages .
Actually, I think it is an indicator which threads you posted in.

dadou

Post by dadou »

Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2020, 22:14
dadou wrote:
graham5 wrote:
dont think so, many threads have stars and I never posted in them.

graham5

Post by graham5 »

dadou wrote:
11 Jun 2020, 22:16
Guest wrote:
11 Jun 2020, 22:14
dadou wrote:
graham5 wrote:
dont think so, many threads have stars and I never posted in them.
I think it's right that star = where you've posted. I scrolled a bit and it matches up, as well as this Troubleshooting thread not having a star until I posted here. I think low page count in a thread means the icon is lines instead of a flame. There should be a FAQ about this, IMO. (Mods, If I can help at all with something like that, let me know!)

RXD
Reactions: 66

Post by RXD »

On the default L Chat theme
- Red icons are unread items, blue/grey are read
- A star on any topic means you have posted in it

2 Image

BeachBum
Reactions: 3

Post by BeachBum »

Can the report button be moved a little further to the left of the quote button? When I’m on mobile they are really close together and I’m hitting the wrong one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Did you make the font smaller? It's too small now.

Ame07

Post by Ame07 »

Hi, Is there a way to change the username?

Also, is there a way to have the text in a bit bigger font? It's really small.

Last but not least, I have had a problem with my phone for a long time now. My IP seems to be blocked when I try to enter the forum (even when it was the previous version), so I couldn't and still can't come on the forum from my phone. I can use it only with my pc. I never posted anything that got me banned so I wonder if someone could fix this please? It's been months...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Will we get a search function on this board?

Letmelive
Reactions:

Post by Letmelive »

Any time frame on the search function being available? Are we talking weeks or months? It's all good.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How long does it take for a new account registration to be approved?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Oh hi everyone! Is there a way to view all of a users posts? I wanted to find some of my posts from last week and cannot figure it out. Help.

anidifrancobutgay
Reactions: 10

Post by anidifrancobutgay »

The dark mode looks great.
2 Image

teamlauren4eva

Post by teamlauren4eva »

Hey I just re-registered an account....I was an lchat member back before the move to t@p@t@lk. Trying to get acquainted with this board. I sent a PM to someone and the message is in the Outbox but it is NOT in the "Sent Messages" folder. When I open the outbox it says sent but have no idea if it went anywhere. Dont want to pester this person, but also dont know if the message is lost in a black hole or not. So on this board, whats the difference between "outbox" and "sent messages"? Dear god I feel old now!

RXD
Reactions: 66

Post by RXD »

teamlauren4eva wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 19:11
Hey I just re-registered an account....I was an lchat member back before the move to t@p@t@lk. Trying to get acquainted with this board. I sent a PM to someone and the message is in the Outbox but it is NOT in the "Sent Messages" folder. When I open the outbox it says sent but have no idea if it went anywhere. Dont want to pester this person, but also dont know if the message is lost in a black hole or not. So on this board, whats the difference between "outbox" and "sent messages"? Dear god I feel old now!
I believe it moves from outbox to sent when it's read by the recipient.

teamlauren4eva

Post by teamlauren4eva »

RXD wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 19:17
teamlauren4eva wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 19:11
I believe it moves from outbox to sent when it's read by the recipient.
thanks thats good to know. (I was paranoid that it was more like my old Outlook email where if its stuck in the outbox in never actually got sent.) thanks for your reply 8)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 10:52
Oh hi everyone! Is there a way to view all of a users posts? I wanted to find some of my posts from last week and cannot figure it out. Help.

Hi. Hello? Hello?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:p, and :-p both appear as the same jaundiced emoji even though :p is the code of og blue one.

*using lowercase P to elaborate the code.

Guestyguestguest
Reactions:

Post by Guestyguestguest »

I can’t post as Guest. I have to make up a username. Why??

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guestyguestguest wrote:
09 Sep 2020, 00:30
I can’t post as Guest. I have to make up a username. Why??
I figured it out. Just leave the username blank when you make a post.

Make me the tech-help mod. You’re all obviously too busy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 19:36
Guest wrote:

Hi. Hello? Hello?
DA. This is my question as well.

How disrespectful that no one even has the courtesy to reply.

👻

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 19:36
Guest wrote:

Hi. Hello? Hello?
No, there isn't.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hello,

My phone has been blocked. Not sure why. My last post was on anonymous confessions, pretty sure my post doesn’t go against rules.

Would like some help.

Thanks!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ChartReader here. I cannot remember my new password on this board. I have already requested password reset twice and I have used the contact form for admin. I still have not received a reply from any of them. How long does it take to receive a reply?

dadou

Post by dadou »

Guest wrote:
26 Sep 2020, 12:59
ChartReader here. I cannot remember my new password on this board. I have already requested password reset twice and I have used the contact form for admin. I still have not received a reply from any of them. How long does it take to receive a reply?
did you check your spam folder , for the password reset ? If its there copy the new passoword it gives you , its going to be a set of numbers and paste here for you new password , once that is done and you are log in you will be able reset whatever password you want.

Ham
Reactions:

Post by Ham »

I’m sure it’s been asked, but how do we upload an image if we’re only using a phone?

spicy_momo
Reactions: 54

Post by spicy_momo »

Ham wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 20:46
I’m sure it’s been asked, but how do we upload an image if we’re only using a phone?
Not possible to upload an image directly to the forum. The forum only accepts images that are already hosted somewhere on the internet.
One fairly easy way to do that is get an app like Imgur (I'm sure there are plenty of others too) that host photos for free, and also provide links that you can post straight into bbcode forums like this one.

Isotopes
Reactions: 33

Post by Isotopes »

Interesting problem that showed up over the weekend that I was wondering if anyone else experienced. Normally, on my iPad I don't see tweets that people post to the thread (I see them on my desktop), but there's a link and if I want to look at it, I just long press on it or tap it.

Over the weekend however, when the page loaded, I'd see the link flash and then disappear. If I want to get to the tweet I have to quote it, copy the link, and past that in another tab. It's kind of annoying.

Anyone else had this problem?

BeaguestDUH

Post by BeaguestDUH »

Isotopes wrote:
24 Nov 2020, 16:07
Interesting problem that showed up over the weekend that I was wondering if anyone else experienced. Normally, on my iPad I don't see tweets that people post to the thread (I see them on my desktop), but there's a link and if I want to look at it, I just long press on it or tap it.

Over the weekend however, when the page loaded, I'd see the link flash and then disappear. If I want to get to the tweet I have to quote it, copy the link, and past that in another tab. It's kind of annoying.

Um no. Nope. I think maybe either someone has hacked in your ipad or it may have a virus.
You need somebody more professional than lchat staff but I they should do an updated
Isotopes wrote:

Saki888
Veteran
Reactions: 198

Post by Saki888 »

Are there still plans to add a search option on the forum?

Isotopes
Reactions: 33

Post by Isotopes »

BeaguestDUH wrote:
04 Dec 2020, 14:39
Isotopes wrote:

Um no. Nope. I think maybe either someone has hacked in your ipad or it may have a virus.
You need somebody more professional than lchat staff but I they should do an updated
Isotopes wrote:

Thanks for the response. It seems to have resolved itself after an iOS update, so I suspect that was the problem.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Are some posts overlapping with other posts, or is it just me?

dadou

Post by dadou »

Guest wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 08:40
Are some posts overlapping with other posts, or is it just me?
On your phone or laptop ? and which browser are you using , Try using another one it might just be from that browser since you seem to be the only one with that problem.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can you add a Dark Mode for this site?plz

.JPG
Reactions: 14

Post by .JPG »

Guest wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 08:02
Can you add a Dark Mode for this site?plz
There's a dark mode, but you need to be signed in. Once signed in, go into your User Control Panel > Board Preferences > My board style