TiBette

Reactions:

Re: TiBette

Post by Guest »

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised is the shitshow was actually cancelled. But why the delay in announcing it :mask: like get it over with.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 13:12
At this point I wouldn’t be surprised is the shitshow was actually cancelled. But why the delay in announcing it :mask: like get it over with.
I honestly feel like ST still hasn't made a decision. It's clear there's something going on BTS because the cast seemed sure about renovation before but now it's just crickets, also if ST was happy with the show and sure about keeping it we would see more signs of it (90% of that tweet replies are about TiBette/GQ and they only interacted with replies about their other shows, and they barely promote it to remind people to binge S2 now that's is over). Dexter reboot is getting a lot of attention, especially when it comes to ratings, so I won't surprised if they get a renovation announcement before GQ.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

💗

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What is up with this cast and the showrunner not doing any major interviews before and after the season?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 14:00
What is up with this cast and the showrunner not doing any major interviews before and after the season?
Yeah, this bothers me too. I guess ST just don't give a fuck. S1 had a number of promo interviews with the OGs before it premiered but not so much after besides JB and LuH being guests on PANTS, while in S2 there was almost nothing. Marja and the show's DP giving interviews to a no name YTber like Ash but no actual media outlet should tell us a lot tbh.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 13:11
So I was going through JB's thread in the other board and I found a very interesting take about what could've happened BTS in the OG and why Bette and Tina's journey was such a rollercoaster. I'm putting under spoilers for anyone interested because it's long, but it makes sense to me. It debunks RPS speculation by covering all evidence without taking away the possibility of JB and LuH having a sort of falling out between s3 and s4.
Agree with most of this but I'd put money on the fact that at the least, LuH had feelings for JB, even if nothing ever happened. LuHs marriage fell apart in the OG as well.

Her feelings are somewhat obvious in the awkward reunion interview (LuH had heart eyes, JB was icy with her and LeH was looking at the pair of them) and in her paintings. The paintings are up for debate but a lot of it is suspicious.

But whatever the case, things have never been normal between them. Especially compared to the way the other cast members interact. There's just an air there and there's no smoke without fire.

Still, it might be water under the bridge at this point. Especially considering that they're working together.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 15:56
Guest wrote:
So I was going through JB's thread in the other board and I found a very interesting take about what could've happened BTS in the OG and why Bette and Tina's journey was such a rollercoaster. I'm putting under spoilers for anyone interested because it's long, but it makes sense to me. It debunks RPS speculation by covering all evidence without taking away the possibility of JB and LuH having a sort of falling out between s3 and s4.
Agree with most of this but I'd put money on the fact that at the least, LuH had feelings for JB, even if nothing ever happened. LuHs marriage fell apart in the OG as well.

Her feelings are somewhat obvious in the awkward reunion interview (LuH had heart eyes, JB was icy with her and LeH was looking at the pair of them) and in her paintings. The paintings are up for debate but a lot of it is suspicious.

But whatever the case, things have never been normal between them. Especially compared to the way the other cast members interact. There's just an air there and there's no smoke without fire.

Still, it might be water under the bridge at this point. Especially considering that they're working together.
Da I think the entire post is very plausible, s3 and early s4 was very weird for Tina and Tibette, it's not hard to believe LuH was almost written off in that period since they separed Tina from the group and gave Bette a new storyline and a whole set of supporting characters, plus an actress that was JB's close friend as a LI. It did feel like they were trying to move on from TiBette but the fan backlash made them come back to their senses, especially JB.

The paintings speculation is bs and projection by the fans imo but I agree that there was some vibes in the reunion, I just don't believe it was related to romantic feelings. For me it felt like they haven't seen in each in a while and didn't keep in touch that much after the show ended so it generated some awkwardness because they weren't as close anymore.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 16:30
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Da I think the entire post is very plausible, s3 and early s4 was very weird for Tina and Tibette, it's not hard to believe LuH was almost written off in that period since they separed Tina from the group and gave Bette a new storyline and a whole set of supporting characters, plus an actress that was JB's close friend as a LI. It did feel like they were trying to move on from TiBette but the fan backlash made them come back to their senses, especially JB.

The paintings speculation is bs and projection by the fans imo but I agree that there was some vibes in the reunion, I just don't believe it was related to romantic feelings. For me it felt like they haven't seen in each in a while and didn't keep in touch that much after the show ended so it generated some awkwardness because they weren't as close anymore.
I mean who knows, looking at everything over the years, all that I know for sure is that something happened between them, be it a fallout or feelings. The rest is speculation and interpretation.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'd say there were definitely strong feelings on JB's side. Compare JB in L5 to the reunion she looks like an angry ex lover at the reunion.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 20:33
Same tone she used in that call with Tina in front of Pippa, JB never disappoints with her choices :crybabe:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

she can never resist :heart:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

♾️

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 22:52
laurel is the sweetest

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 20:08
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'd say there were definitely strong feelings on JB's side. Compare JB in L5 to the reunion she looks like an angry ex lover at the reunion.
but JB is straight. At the very least she says so

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Nov 2021, 21:27
she can never resist :heart:

Bette acts all shy and soft with tina but anywhere else she is :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 00:06
Guest wrote:
laurel is the sweetest
She truly is. All I want now is ST announcing S3 and her being in more episodes :pray:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Kinda off topic but watching this interview made me wish they got Nicole to play Carrie. I mean, she's gorgeous :$

I liked ROD's portrayal but they made her way too insecure around Bette for not reason other than her being butch. If they got Nicole to play her the dynamic would be totally different.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Nicole Parker would have been a DREAM :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 12:54
x2
No offense to ROD, she's funny af but maybe this way I could actually enjoy seeing Tina with someone else, they got Bette hooking up with Gigi and Pippa this season while Tina was stuck with an insecure fiancee. Nicole as Carrie would probably give us some entertaining dynamic like Bette and Helena in s2 lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 13:09
Guest wrote:
x2
No offense to ROD, she's funny af but maybe this way I could actually enjoy seeing Tina with someone else, they got Bette hooking up with Gigi and Pippa this season while Tina was stuck with an insecure fiancee. Nicole as Carrie would probably give us some entertaining dynamic like Bette and Helena in s2 lol.
SA on top of being an eyecandy, Nicole playing Tina’s LI would’ve given Bette a run for her money :rofl: of course I want those two idiots to end up getting back together but I won’t deny how hot that would’ve been.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 13:17
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
x2
SA on top of being an eyecandy, Nicole playing Tina’s LI would’ve given Bette a run for her money :rofl: of course I want those two idiots to end up getting back together but I won’t deny how hot that would’ve been.
Da I’d love to see someone like Nicole playing Carrie. Not only Tina and Carrie would actually be hot together, but also Bette seething with jealousy and totally losing her shit like in OGS2 🔥

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 13:34
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
x2
Da I’d love to see someone like Nicole playing Carrie. Not only Tina and Carrie would actually be hot together, but also Bette seething with jealousy and totally losing her shit like in OGS2 🔥
Oh, for sure. And the funniest thing I think Carrie being played by someone like Nicole would bring is both her and Bette being insecure about each for obvious reasons but not showing it, so every interaction between them would go as something like this

I would live for all the shade they would be throwing :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 14:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
x2
Oh, for sure. And the funniest thing I think Carrie being played by someone like Nicole would bring is both her and Bette being insecure about each for obvious reasons but not showing it, so every interaction between them would go as something like this

Too bad maradona wanted to cast someone “who looked like her” :eyeroll: no shade against ROD, I think she’s a phenomenal actress, but the potential to have an alpha character that rivals Bette’s bullshit head on was hugely wasted on stupid inclusivity and check box ticking agenda :fool:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 14:45
Guest wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 14:11
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

x2

Too bad maradona wanted to cast someone “who looked like her” :eyeroll: no shade against ROD, I think she’s a phenomenal actress, but the potential to have an alpha character that rivals Bette’s bullshit head on was hugely wasted on stupid inclusivity and check box ticking agenda :fool:
Exactly, it was such a box checking bs move. Her being butch added nothing besides making her feel even more humiliated and relapse into alcoholism for not fitting in with the hot/femme LA dykes. We didn't need to see displays of her inferiority complex everytime she was on screen, she could've been more confident and challenge Bette in other ways. Marja should go to therapy instead of projecting her insecurities onto her characters and calling it representation. <_<

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do you guys ever think bette and tina could ever really move on? I doubt they can.... they can "pretend" but they always have this jealousy over the other and those looks....

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 19:54
Do you guys ever think bette and tina could ever really move on? I doubt they can.... they can "pretend" but they always have this jealousy over the other and those looks....
I think it's really hard for both to fully move on, even when they want to. They can date and even love other people but not in the same way and intensity that they love each other because their bond goes beyond romantic love. It's like they're part of each other so there will always be residual feelings because this type of bond doesn't go away completely just because they're not together anymore, and we know love was never the problem.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 20:29
omg this scene! when tina told bette why helena is welcomed to the party.. her glare at bette omg bette had to back out :rofl: tina's top power is too strong for bette

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They can never fully move on because they know they belong together :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Her grip on Helena's hand here :rofl: Bette was doing the most and Helena not only didn't back out but continued to fuck her over in other areas besides stealing her pregnant gf, I guess being a spoiled brat really makes you confident.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 22:13
Guest wrote:
Her grip on Helena's hand here :rofl: Bette was doing the most and Helena not only didn't back out but continued to fuck her over in other areas besides stealing her pregnant gf, I guess being a spoiled brat really makes you confident.
OMG that death grip and jerk was so funny. Followed by the cold murderous look. No wonder Tina was looking with so much apprehension. She totally expected Bette to punch Helena or something :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 21:48
Guest wrote:
omg this scene! when tina told bette why helena is welcomed to the party.. her glare at bette omg bette had to back out :rofl: tina's top power is too strong for bette
S2 Bette was ridden with guilt and part of her knew she deserved what she was getting. Maybe that was why she backed down so easily.
S1 Bette would’ve picked up Tina, hauled her over the shoulder and carried her home, far away from the all the Helenas

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 22:00
They can never fully move on because they know they belong together :dramaqueen:

TIBETTE AND LANA???? WHO GAVE YOU THE RIGHT :crybabe:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
:handbags:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 23:01
Guest wrote:

TIBETTE AND LANA???? WHO GAVE YOU THE RIGHT :crybabe:
This one gets to me everytime too :'(

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 22:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
S2 Bette was ridden with guilt and part of her knew she deserved what she was getting. Maybe that was why she backed down so easily.
S1 Bette would’ve picked up Tina, hauled her over the shoulder and carried her home, far away from the all the Helenas
I agree that she knew she deserved it and had no right to interfere but she was still territorial and fought for their relationship even though she was failing apart. S1 Bette would probably end up with a restraining order if she had to deal with Helena then, tbh lol. I like that everything was on Tina's terms in s2 tho, she went through hell but showed a lot of strength and still managed to forgive Bette.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 23:02
Guest wrote:
This scene would have been way more delicious if Marina would be Tina's gf instead of Helena.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 23:49
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
This scene would have been way more delicious if Marina would be Tina's gf instead of Helena.
Da you know KL would eat that up, she would love to come between Tina and Bette :whistle:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 23:37
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
I agree that she knew she deserved it and had no right to interfere but she was still territorial and fought for their relationship even though she was failing apart. S1 Bette would probably end up with a restraining order if she had to deal with Helena then, tbh lol. I like that everything was on Tina's terms in s2 tho, she went through hell but showed a lot of strength and still managed to forgive Bette.
Agreed. Bette did change a lot after losing Tina. I had hoped so much that S3 and S4 would lead to their growth together rather than splitting them apart again. S2 showed growth and maturity in both characters. Bette softened, while Tina toughened up.
I admit though Territorial Bette is my favourite Bette!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 23:57
Guest wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 23:37
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Agreed. Bette did change a lot after losing Tina. I had hoped so much that S3 and S4 would lead to their growth together rather than splitting them apart again. S2 showed growth and maturity in both characters. Bette softened, while Tina toughened up.
I admit though Territorial Bette is my favourite Bette!
Yeah, there was such a harsh difference in their dynamic on S3 compared to where they ended S2. I can only imagine how frustrating that must've been for the fans watching the show back then, i can barely endure what Marja is putting us through now in GQ :rage:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Da you know KL would eat that up, she would love to come between Tina and Bette :whistle:
And then JB would make sure Bette personally stabbed her instead of that lame suicide attempt SL :spy:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

They are soulmates. There is no moving on from your soulmate. And their souls always circle back together, no matter how much they try to move on :wub:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Nov 2021, 01:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
And then JB would make sure Bette personally stabbed her instead of that lame suicide attempt SL :spy:
DA what was even that storyline anyway? i know almost nothing about karina's relationship with ic or the cast besides those rumours about her and jb not getting along very well. Did they killed her off but then decided to retcon it to a failed suicide attempt so she could make an appearance later on? lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Vote for tibette!! 5x04 and 5x09!! Voting is unlimited

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
x100 I know it isn't realistic, but I really want Bette to do this to Tina when Carrie is there now. :spy: