Victoria Pedretti

Reactions:

Re: Victoria Pedretti

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 20:56
wanted to share a thought.

Victoria was much more sensitive and pleasant in interviews at first (just two years ago). I think the fans and their need to know about her private life have transformed her. And this is not to target sapphic women, because just this year she came in the sights of the majority of us. There are dangerous people, ask Jodie Foster how far a fan can go. The dangerous ones are men, white and straight (except for a few). I think something has happened to Victoria, for it to be such a radical change in such a short time. A change that you see especially in the interviews of this year. So attentive to what she answers. Nine months ago she was talking about consuming weed (is there something more personal than that ?!)

Two years ago.
to name a few examples.
https://youtu.be/zfIL_g_c-BY (Her fans, her parents)
https://youtu.be/KkyeAyDBoWk (Min 16, crying in Buenos Aires “i can’t believe this is my life now”)

It makes me sad that she doesn’t share any fan art and as far as I have seen she hasn’t liked any of the Bly ones. As if all the people who follow her artistic career were crazy that they are "analyzing" her and that they want to "marry" her (as she mentioned in an interview).

Just a thought... I miss the public Victoria of two years ago.

:heart:
Don't start a drama. She was never the type of celebrity who posted or interacted. She was touched by the affection of people and was very grateful for everything. That is all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Victoria was much more sensitive and pleasant in interviews at first (just two years ago). I think the fans and their need to know about her private life have transformed her. And this is not to target sapphic women, because just this year she came in the sights of the majority of us. There are dangerous people, ask Jodie Foster how far a fan can go. The dangerous ones are men, white and straight (except for a few). I think something has happened to Victoria, for it to be such a radical change in such a short time. A change that you see especially in the interviews of this year. So attentive to what she answers. Nine months ago she was talking about consuming weed (is there something more personal than that ?!)

Two years ago.
to name a few examples.
https://youtu.be/KkyeAyDBoWk (Min 16, crying in Buenos Aires “i can’t believe this is my life now”)

It makes me sad that she doesn’t share any fan art and as far as I have seen she hasn’t liked any of the Bly ones. As if all the people who follow her artistic career were crazy that they are "analyzing" her and that they want to "marry" her (as she mentioned in an interview).

Nah... stop overthinking everything and go outside.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Don’t take the bait anons. It’s a troll. Ignore and report.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ I'm wondering if a lot of it doesn't have to do with the pandemic and the fact that she had to do her interviews remotely. Hours and hours of talking on zoom really takes its toll on you, it really doesn't compare to a "normal" work environment where you have other people around that can make you energised and motivated.

I hope she's ok and people are not being too shitty to her, she deserves to have her privacy respected.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 21:31
^ I'm wondering if a lot of it doesn't have to do with the pandemic and the fact that she had to do her interviews remotely. Hours and hours of talking on zoom really takes its toll on you, it really doesn't compare to a "normal" work environment where you have other people around that can make you energised and motivated.

I hope she's ok and people are not being too shitty to her, she deserves to have her privacy respected.
Zoom interview suck the life out of you. Having someone with you in an interview would be so much better especially as she has ADD and her mind constantly wanders and flits between different topics frequently. With other cast members there, it would have been so much easier. It's just not the same via Zoom. I watched a few of her zoom interviews and that girls hates them, you can tell. Her cast members (especially Amelia and T'Nia) have conducted their interviews very well. I feel for Victoria.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She commented on this post. Can you all stop fighting now? Leave the girl alone lol.

A little reminder...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 21:26
Guest wrote:

Two years ago.
to name a few examples.

Nah... stop overthinking everything and go outside.
sometimes I wonder why there are women who treat other women so badly. “Go outside”

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I noticed V and A haven't done any zoom interviews together. Maybe one with some of the other cast? Crazy shippers be crazy and I'd avoid being interviewed with my on screen lesbian partner too. :lol: I've already seen some shipper comments creeping in on their instas. :tmi:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 21:43
I noticed V and A haven't done any zoom interviews together. Maybe one with some of the other cast? Crazy shippers be crazy and I'd avoid being interviewed with my on screen lesbian partner too. :lol: I've already seen some shipper comments creeping in on their instas. :tmi:
I think this was a Netflix press strategy, in not focusing on the story of the two of them, with an idea that this could alienate a mass audience.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

What up with her IG? Just one post from yesterday and that's it. No mention of Bly or whatever else she's working on. Like thanking the crew, the cast she's worked with and the fans for watching the shows. Is this how she is?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 21:37
Guest wrote:

Zoom interview suck the life out of you. Having someone with you in an interview would be so much better especially as she has ADD and her mind constantly wanders and flits between different topics frequently. With other cast members there, it would have been so much easier. It's just not the same via Zoom. I watched a few of her zoom interviews and that girls hates them, you can tell. Her cast members (especially Amelia and T'Nia) have conducted their interviews very well. I feel for Victoria.

In the interviews in which she shares zoom, with colleagues, she seems to be more relaxed. hers alone, I see her (more or less) suffering. unfortunately this is part of her job.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 21:47
Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 21:43
I think this was a Netflix press strategy, in not focusing on the story of the two of them, with an idea that this could alienate a mass audience.
This is the most plausible reason and in doing so Amelia and Victoria have dodge a bullet too! So many of my straight friends were duped into watching Bly Manor completely unaware it focused on a lesbian love story too. They'd have avoided watching it altogether had they known. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
What up with her IG? Just one post from yesterday and that's it. No mention of Bly or whatever else she's working on. Like thanking the crew, the cast she's worked with and the fans for watching the shows. Is this how she is?
She deleted all her pics on IG back around March I think and that video from yesterday I believe is her first post since then. She occasionally posts on her stories and that's about it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
I remember she barely posted about You either before she deleted everything. That's just how she is.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 21:51
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

In the interviews in which she shares zoom, with colleagues, she seems to be more relaxed. hers alone, I see her (more or less) suffering. unfortunately this is part of her job.
I can't really watch any of her solo interviews. That girl has the saddest eyes ever. I've got ADD and you literally cannot think straight and always switching from one topic to the next, so having to answer interviewers questions alone must be daunting for her. No one to bounce off, no one to try and finish your long pauses in between sentences.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 21:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I can't really watch any of her solo interviews. That girl has the saddest eyes ever. I've got ADD and you literally cannot think straight and always switching from one topic to the next, so having to answer interviewers questions alone must be daunting for her. No one to bounce off, no one to try and finish your long pauses in between sentences.
This is the reason (I believe) for the radical change in her interviews. the situation in which she has to give the interviews.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 22:03
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This is the reason (I believe) for the radical change in her interviews. the situation in which she has to give the interviews.
x2 I've seen some comments saying she's coming across as rude and bored af in her zoom interviews. All I see is her add and how much she is struggling to maintain concentration throughout.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 22:21
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

x2 I've seen some comments saying she's coming across as rude and bored af in her zoom interviews. All I see is her add and how much she is struggling to maintain concentration throughout.
If she can function as an actress she should be easily functioning during an interview. You cant just excuse every one of her attitudes as ADD.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Victoria has ADD??

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 22:35
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

If she can function as an actress she should be easily functioning during an interview. You cant just excuse every one of her attitudes as ADD.
Do you have ADD? Bc that sure sounds like something only those who actually suffer from the condition could have an opinion on. Everyone's ADD manifests differently. Plus, she answers all the questions and only seems to get mildly annoyed/evasive when the questions are of a more personal nature. How is that not functioning?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 22:35
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

I'm not excusing that she does sometimes have an attitude in interviews. I've seen some of her attitude. However, I have ADD and I much prefer to be having a conversation with multiple people rather than on a one to one basis. Also, it's very clear she can function as an actress. It probably gives her a focus. She is acting alongside other people with many other people in the same room as her. The support from them who will all know her condition will boost her confidence. Being stuck in your home and trying to conduct a solo interview with structure and coherence can be very difficult for someone with ADD due to the alienated nature of it all.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Troll who is always trying to raise a stan war on the topic of Amelia is posting here. is obvious! I don't understand why these fanatics are always creating narratives of rivalry. this is more problematic than having add.
I imagine the hell it is to date a woman like you, anon.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Do y'all think she has some tragic energy to her? I feel like it fit Nell almost too perfectly, it fit Dani, and it leaked into Love.

Like every character she plays has sad eyes and a sad aura overall. I thought it was ~acting. So I watched her interviews and a lot of them, specially older ones, show her with that same weirdly sad and sensitive facial expression. Like she can't smile with her eyes. I wonder if it's a physiological thing.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I have ADD and I say that working from home in this pandemic has been exhausting, attending online meetings is not a pleasant experience :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 23:20
Do y'all think she has some tragic energy to her? I feel like it fit Nell almost too perfectly, it fit Dani, and it leaked into Love.

Like every character she plays has sad eyes and a sad aura overall. I thought it was ~acting. So I watched her interviews and a lot of them, specially older ones, show her with that same weirdly sad and sensitive facial expression. Like she can't smile with her eyes. I wonder if it's a physiological thing.

The sad girl took your ass and you can't leave it. When the topic falls asleep, you dig any shit attacking her personality ( you don't know) to start your trolling round :fool:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 23:25
Guest wrote:

The sad girl took your ass and you can't leave it. When the topic falls asleep, you dig any shit attacking her personality ( you don't know) to start your trolling round :fool:
What in the overracting hell?! I love her and her acting, I find her adorable. I was talking about her tragic aura which a lot of people comment and isn't a negative thing. Get therapy.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

No, I don't think so. She seems to have lovely parents and a large circle of friends who share similar ambitions and goals.
And just because she seems more sad in interviews, it doesn't mean she's the same in private. People show different personas depends on the people and surrounding.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 23:43
Guest wrote:

No, I don't think so. She seems to have lovely parents and a large circle of friends who share similar ambitions and goals.
And just because she seems more sad in interviews, it doesn't mean she's the same in private. People show different personas depends on the people and surrounding.
DA. she just wants to keep a professional life apart from the personal. I think she looks well, a little nervous, maybe not knowing how to deal with interviews, but nothing that seems sad or depressing that needs psychological care.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She has a sister and two brothers. I don't know if they are her mother's children, but I do know that they are older than her. Her father was a theater director, a teacher, now he writes and travels around the world. He is also a Democrat.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

I sort of get what you are saying, anon. I don’t know if I would call her aura “tragic” but I think she might be drawn to characters that have that edge of sorrow to them because she can relate to them. I feel like I remember seeing an interview with her where she talked about how she really connected with Nell. It could be that she’s just somebody who is very highly in tune and connected to their emotions and often times, for certain personality types, that dark and mysterious translates to their art creation.

I’m a doc filmmaker and I’m a super happy person but everything I do teeters on “dark” from my writing to my shot style to my content and even just how I have normal conversations. That’s just what my creative energy looks like.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 00:16
Guest wrote:

I sort of get what you are saying, anon. I don’t know if I would call her aura “tragic” but I think she might be drawn to characters that have that edge of sorrow to them because she can relate to them. I feel like I remember seeing an interview with her where she talked about how she really connected with Nell. It could be that she’s just somebody who is very highly in tune and connected to their emotions and often times, for certain personality types, that dark and mysterious translates to their art creation.

I’m a doc filmmaker and I’m a super happy person but everything I do teeters on “dark” from my writing to my shot style to my content and even just how I have normal conversations. That’s just what my creative energy looks like.
That's the answer I was looking for, thank you. That might be it, I feel like she's very sensitive. I asked this because I see people comment this about her on Reddit and YT's comment section a lot, "sad eyes" etc. And people have said the same thing about me since I was a child, and now I'm her age. I still have no idea what it means but I suddenly understood it by seeing it from an outsider perspective in Victoria.

You're on point with being attracted to characters with an edge of sorrow and maybe even melancholy. She has a very sensitive, melancholic aura, and it fit Nell so well.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This! x2
Also, I enjoy watching her solo interviews. I feel they’re refreshing compared to other celebs that practically give the same answer to unrelated qs. I’ve never gotten the tragic, sad from her interviews; tired, yes, I’d be too with so many Zoom meetings (once a week is tiresome for me).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 21:55
Guest wrote:
I remember she barely posted about You either before she deleted everything. That's just how she is.
Netflix has a publicity machine to keep their shows on the front pages. Her little group of artist friends don't. VP is loyal as anything and knows when to utilize her star power.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 00:34
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This! x2
Also, I enjoy watching her solo interviews. I feel they’re refreshing compared to other celebs that practically give the same answer to unrelated qs. I’ve never gotten the tragic, sad from her interviews; tired, yes, I’d be too with so many Zoom meetings (once a week is tiresome for me).
Honestly? She made zero efforts to look celebrity-presentable for her recent Zoom interviews and I love that about her, but sometimes I wish she'd try a little. (Yes I know I sound like a man speaking like that)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

cute. if anyone knows how to post the photo on the page, I appreciate it. I don't know how to post.

https://imgbox.com/upload/edit/58800812 ... MowM6WdZpc

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 00:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This! x2
Honestly? She made zero efforts to look celebrity-presentable for her recent Zoom interviews and I love that about her, but sometimes I wish she'd try a little. (Yes I know I sound like a man speaking like that)
DA. in fact you look like the same anon who posted on Amélia's topic that she did her best to participate in the zoom interviews as opposed to ~ other people ~ and then from that comment others came calling the VP drugged and rude. Sorry if it's not you, but it sounds the same.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Worst thing about this thread is all the armchair psychoanalysis. She's just an actor doing her job.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 01:14
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This! x2
DA. in fact you look like the same anon who posted on Amélia's topic that she did her best to participate in the zoom interviews as opposed to ~ other people ~ and then from that comment others came calling the VP drugged and rude. Sorry if it's not you, but it sounds the same.
No idea that other people had commented on their interviews but we obviously had the same takeaways if so.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 01:15
Worst thing about this thread is all the armchair psychoanalysis. She's just an actor doing her job.
I would say it's funny because it's a bunch of weird looking at other people's behavior. but it’s really sad to see how women, whatever their professional, they are always receiving a depressive diagnosis, something that challenges their sanity.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

y "all dig deep into something about this woman's personality, I think it's not about her anymore, it's about y'all. lchat has always been a kind of psychoanalyst room :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This! x2
It's sad cause she did an effort. She had her make up done, put on some clothes... There is not much else to do in this circumstances. Sorry it wasn't enough to fullfil your lady/celebrity expectations

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder if the people who keep commenting about her ADHD actually have it themselves. First all, ADD hasn't been in use for years. Suppose it might have been still in use when she was diagnosed, but now it would be ADHD(I). ADHD can definitely be an obstacle to a lot of things in ones life, that I do not dispute, because I see it in myself and the people who I was in a support group with. All of that said, the way she behaves in reacts in interview can be symptoms of ADHD, but it could also be other factors. ADHD doesn't mean you can't do interview, that truly shouldn't be a problem. Especially IF she's using medication. You might zone out every once in a while or get distracted, but that shouldn't last for seconds at a time. You should be able to focus back on the task at hand, especially if you're older. You learn to cope to some extend, it's something you teach yourself. If she's having issues with interviews then it's most likely other factors as well. Whether it's boredom, disinterest, feeling anxious, or being stoned, blaming it on the ADD/ADHD isn't the way to go.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:shock: :yawn:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 02:33
I wonder if the people who keep commenting about her ADHD actually have it themselves. First all, ADD hasn't been in use for years. Suppose it might have been still in use when she was diagnosed, but now it would be ADHD(I). ADHD can definitely be an obstacle to a lot of things in ones life, that I do not dispute, because I see it in myself and the people who I was in a support group with. All of that said, the way she behaves in reacts in interview can be symptoms of ADHD, but it could also be other factors. ADHD doesn't mean you can't do interview, that truly shouldn't be a problem. Especially IF she's using medication. You might zone out every once in a while or get distracted, but that shouldn't last for seconds at a time. You should be able to focus back on the task at hand, especially if you're older. You learn to cope to some extend, it's something you teach yourself. If she's having issues with interviews then it's most likely other factors as well. Whether it's boredom, disinterest, feeling anxious, or being stoned, blaming it on the ADD/ADHD isn't the way to go.
on the other pages there is an interview where she talks about ADD and says she is taking care of it. I see in the videos of her interviews the cliché of every person with ADD, which is to stay airy when question is long or when the subject does not arouse her interest. this behavior is a classic. now as for medications, I believe that she uses herbal medicine, not usual medicine. she you may be at the beginning of an adaptation with herbal medicine and your body is still adapting, e. so being sleepy (high) in the interviews. i don't judge, she is in LA far from her family and friends, it is a new beginning for her, maybe she is trying to take her first steps into adulthood for the first time.

In the link above, her friend says that she has undergone changes in the last years and has faced them all with great humility, strength ...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

the two things she made a point of saying were: I like smoking weed. I have ADHD, and I'm working on it, I promise, I promise I'll get better at it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Smoking weed for ADD doesn't do anything. Sure, it will calm the mind, but it's not gonna help you function, you will just zone out even more. Using it to relax at home is great, other than that it doesn't have a purpose (for ADD anyway).

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

A Play she did in 2012

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I didn't find the other interview where she says she's taking care of herself.

““Pedretti can bare her soul onscreen; nourishing it has been harder. “It can be debilitating,” she says of repeatedly immersing herself in such heavy material. “I go back and forth to either like, 'This is just crazy. Who the f*ck decides to be an actor? It's mentally confusing and difficult, so I should probably just stop if I don't want to experience that confusion and pain.' But then I'm like, ‘No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Cate Blanchett seems fine... There is a way to take on all of my dreams and ambitions and feel empowered by that instead of depleted.’”

In quarantine, Pedretti has been learning how to care for herself. She committed to meditating, started exercising more regularly and, like half of Instagram, she signed up for Yale’s “happiness” course. She never finished the class (“I do have ADD, I want to be open and proud about that”) but she did find value in it. “They talk about savoring moments, so they tell you to take pictures. And I was just taking pictures of my breakfast that I made every morning, because that would be one of the most significant things I would do every day,” she explains, snickering at how monotonous it sounds.

"There is a way to take on all of my dreams and ambitions and feel empowered by that instead of depleted.”
Her Bly Manor character, too, begins to embrace herself and her anxiety, eventually becoming “more of an advocate for herself.” If there’s a through line between Pedretti’s roles, she says it’s that they’re all “fierce as f*ck” — strong both because and in spite of their respective traumas. It’s a trait Pedretti shares: she’s open in interviews but also clear about her boundaries, careful not to give too much of herself like other young stars tend to do. When I ask about the most romantic thing she’s ever done — because Bly Manor is billed as a love story — her response is polite but firm. “No,” she says plainly. “It's so personal. I mean, people are always asking me, 'What's the scariest thing you've ever experienced?' And it's just like, ‘I don't want to tell you.’”

She’s seeking more from and for herself; she wants the world to seek less.""

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
26 Oct 2020, 03:27
A Play she did in 2012
so baby

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I realized now that I will watch anything Victoria is in, omg !!!