The Game Geek Thread

Reactions:

Re: The Game Geek Thread

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
22 Aug 2021, 22:32
build a PC
Ah, a familiar pain in the ass.
Building a PC from scratch is all about figuring out what is compatible with what. It's not something that I was able to commit to, as I found this simple sounding thing to always grow in complexity.
Instead, I bought a pre-built gaming PC off of ebay, added a GPU (PCs come with an integrated GPU, which are poor in performance), and replaced the Power supply (to compensate for the additional power coming from new GPU).
I was happy with this because I paid around $300 for the PC, <$150 for the GPU, and $25 for a power supply. All of the PC parts on its own is pricier for some reason.
It may be helpful for you to learn what works by browsing the listings for custom Gaming PCs and cross-referencing with what the new video games demand.
Over time, the parts I replaced most was the monitor, hard drive, GPU, and power supply. And with this I learned some things:
> Off-brands may be cheap, but the more known brands are most reliable.
> A power supply of 450 watts is a good amount of wattage for a gaming PC, you can use an online power supply calculator to make sure.
> You dont' have to get the same brand for everything, you can mix and match brands for the CPU and GPU.
> The demand for more powerful graphics changes every 3 or so years. When I want see if I need to replace my GPU- I visit canirunit and open the page for the top game. If broke, you will tolerate buying the GPU that's at the minimum requirement level for gaming. and uh, pirate for testing.

I found the language in PC building confusing at times. Which may intimidate those who want to get into this different world. So I'll share with you some technobabble which are used interchangeably often:
GPU - graphics card & video card
CPU - processor
Memory modules - ram sticks
Good luck, guest.

Umo
Reactions:

Post by Umo »

Here are the first 15 minutes of Life is Strange: True Colors - not to be confused with the 13 minute gameplay.

They seem to be releasing a bunch of content.

https://www.ign.com/videos/life-is-stra ... 15-minutes

Umo
Reactions:

Post by Umo »

More gameplay for Life is Strange: True Colours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvJh17h ... GamesRadar

DazzlingNova
Reactions: 85

Post by DazzlingNova »

Have any of you played GTFO? I seen a few people talking about it the other day, and they say it's pretty good.
"We were given: Two hands to hold. Two legs to walk. Two eyes to see. Two ears to listen. But why only one heart? Because the other was given to someone else. For us to find."

Umo
Reactions:

Post by Umo »

I'm finishing up my first mobile game - no lesbian content, sadly. The next one I want to make has to have lesbian content, because if I don't make content for my own community, then how can I complain about lack of content!

Anyway, throw your lesbian game suggestions. Here are my limitations:

-Mobile
-2D
-Short game (no 40 hour epic quests, something short and sweet)
-would sell for under a dollar. (I don't like ads)

Just throwing it out to the ether, what would you ladies play?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I am waiting for a lot of games to come this fall; Deathloop, (i'm an Arkane games fangirl) Tales Of Arise, LiS True colors Kena all in September; Metroid switch & Back4Blood a Left4Dead coop like coming in October. Today I'm just trying Psychonauts 2 who looks fun and Myst, both in Game Pass.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Rei
Reactions: 62

Post by Rei »

Can't waiiiiiiiit for Metroid!!! Samus will come with my OLED switch.
Approximative dans l'absolu.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
28 Aug 2021, 19:25
This looks incredible. I can't believe I'm actually going to be playing Metroid Dread in about a month's time. 17 years of rumors lol.

Umo
Reactions:

Post by Umo »

I preordered LiS:TC!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just finished Disco Elysium and I can honestly say it's one of the best games I've ever played. I recommend it to anyone who can get it although I will add it has some sensitive content that might be to much for some but I doubt it, just being safe I guess.

hi i'm ether
Reactions:

Post by hi i'm ether »

Umo wrote:
27 Aug 2021, 18:20
Just throwing it out to the ether, what would you ladies play?
Wow, congrats, Umo on getting to the final stage :goldstar:.
I would love to see your future work. Will this be on android?
And are you more familiar with making visual novels or platformers? These are both 2d, and I'm more partial to the latter (:. I always thought how cool it was for megaman to have pets or npcs following him around. Some would even give special traits too. That would be so cool to see these features again.
As for a story- the protag has a missed connection with a npc the player chooses from a crowd and makes it a mission to have a 2nd encounter. Now I want to make this game myself...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Horizon Forbidden West is up for pre-order through Playstation Direct/PSN right now. But:
- There is no option for upgrading the PS4 version to the PS5 version.
- The 2 most expensive editions don't even have a physical disc, just a digital download code.
- And those 2 editions have "Exclusive Photo Mode poses and face paints"

Rei

Post by Rei »

Guest wrote:
31 Aug 2021, 13:16
I just finished Disco Elysium and I can honestly say it's one of the best games I've ever played. I recommend it to anyone who can get it although I will add it has some sensitive content that might be to much for some but I doubt it, just being safe I guess.
Girl you have taste, this is one of my all time fav RPG's with Planescape Torment.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm usually pretty meh when it comes to all the remakes and remasters lately but I have to admit I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out, especially since they're actually redoing the whole game from the ground up:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Any recommendations for hot lesbian gamers to follow on YT/Twitch etc?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 07:16
I feel like I'm the only one who isn't a fan of the new direction for Life is Strange.

I watched the trailer and felt it was kind of uninspired. Even a bit cringe. Is that bad? I'm sorry, I'm probably judging too early. I like the charcater Alex, I just feel like her 'power' is boring and not as cool as telekinesis or time-travel.

I'm excited for a possible romance arc with her and Steph, but if the rest of the story falls by the wayside, it would impact the whole game for me.
SA who posted this in March. I played and finished the game...yeah. Unfortunately, playing it only proved my initial assumptions correct. Also. Even though I pursued the Alex/Steph relationship, I didn't really feel strong chemistry between them either. Kind of like a f/f ship on a movie or series you don't really care about one way or the other?

However,

Rei

Post by Rei »

A solid month for gaming. I bought and started Tales Of Arise which is very good like goty material, LiS TC (half-heartedly) Deathloop, I love Arkane studios with all my heart. Eastward (on switch) Waiting for Kena & Diablo 2. And I think I forget some. Of course I wouldn't have time to to play all of these games before weeks.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Late to the party but I finally finished Resident Evil Village. Beautifully crafted world and story, just a shame it wasn't as challenging as RE7.

Rei

Post by Rei »

Guest wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 22:43
Late to the party but I finally finished Resident Evil Village. Beautifully crafted world and story, just a shame it wasn't as challenging as RE7.
I totally agree with the spoiler. Worst character ever.

Rei

Post by Rei »

I just pre-ordered Kena Bridges of Spirit, coming out tomorrow, I hope to have a nice surprise. Apparently it will exploit the features of the dualsense so I took it on PS5.

Sentry
Reactions: 129

Post by Sentry »

Honkai Impact 3. I hope some others will fall down this rabbit hole because holy shit.
I am not an Administrator. Please contact those in the group 'Administrator' for account-related questions.

For ban overturns contact me in a DM on here or Discord. You must provide an IP address for any bans to be looked at.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sentry wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 03:59
Honkai Impact 3. I hope some others will fall down this rabbit hole because holy shit.
Male self-inserts gacha
No

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Rei wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 22:40
A solid month for gaming. I bought and started Tales Of Arise which is very good like goty material, LiS TC (half-heartedly) Deathloop, I love Arkane studios with all my heart. Eastward (on switch) Waiting for Kena & Diablo 2. And I think I forget some. Of course I wouldn't have time to to play all of these games before weeks.
Currently playing Tales of Arise and I agree it is a great game. I'm really enjoying it so far. Kisara is just :wub:

Rei

Post by Rei »

Rei wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 16:30
I just pre-ordered Kena Bridges of Spirit, coming out tomorrow, I hope to have a nice surprise. Apparently it will exploit the features of the dualsense so I took it on PS5.
So i tried it 10 minutes this morning before leaving, the trailer is not a lie, the game is absolutely beautiful, animations are splendid and it's sooooo cute overall.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Kena is wonderful !!! really amazing! I didn't want to stop playing. From graphics to musics to gameplay. Everything is so stunning. I can't believe that, a studio of 50 persons created their first game and it turned out so great. Wow 😍 plus it's only 40$. This is the kind of people you should support.

I waited for so long for LIS true colors, even if the game was overall enjoyable, a lot was disappointing. I'm sorry but 60$ for something so short and optimized with their feet. Dontnod got greedy. Graphics are not everything in game. How could a game so small in scale with no action whatsoever bearly holding 30 FPS? The stuttering, those loading screens on PS5 are unacceptable. Ridiculous. Plus I'm salty because they hyped Steph's return and we got more screen time for freaking Ryan than her and don't tell me she has her dlc. Alex is not there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I meant Deck nine not Dontnod sorry

Sentry
Reactions: 129

Post by Sentry »

Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 08:22
Sentry wrote:
Male self-inserts gacha
No
That's a choice in Genshin.
are the bread and butter flagship of Mihoyo's lesbian armada.
I am not an Administrator. Please contact those in the group 'Administrator' for account-related questions.

For ban overturns contact me in a DM on here or Discord. You must provide an IP address for any bans to be looked at.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sentry wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 23:52
Guest wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 08:22
Sentry wrote:
Male self-inserts gacha
No
That's a choice in Genshin.
are the bread and butter flagship of Mihoyo's lesbian armada.
Mi hoyo butchered them trying to push more self-insert shits like captain verse and APHO.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Any game recommendations for horrors for this month?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Oct 2021, 20:37
All I can think of is Dark Pictures: House of Ashes which comes out on the 22nd.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
07 Oct 2021, 20:41
Guest wrote:
07 Oct 2021, 20:37
All I can think of is Dark Pictures: House of Ashes which comes out on the 22nd.
Ah sorry I didn't make a very clear post. I meant horrors in general to play this month not out this month. I am looking forward to that though! I'm also gonna play B4B as it's on gamepass.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Actually looking forward to this.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ I'm not. Rockstar have become trash. Just gonna be a crappy visual 'upgrade' with minimal effort. They have no fresh ideas and can't be bothered either.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 11:54
^ I'm not. Rockstar have become trash. Just gonna be a crappy visual 'upgrade' with minimal effort. They have no fresh ideas and can't be bothered either.
Yeah. This trilogy re-release gets a big ol' yawn from me, too.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 12:01
Guest wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 11:54
Yeah. This trilogy re-release gets a big ol' yawn from me, too.
It's a shame because they used to be a fantastic company. Vice City has got to be one of my favourite games ever as well as RDR 1. But since GTA 5 it's gone to shit. A game, which imo isn't even that good.

If they completely remake the games with loads of effort in to upgrade controls, keep the same amazing soundtracks, great visuals maybe even extra areas to explore, add in new interesting content etc would consider getting it but otherwise nah.

Number9Number45
Reactions:

Post by Number9Number45 »

All you had to do was follow the damn train CJ! :argh:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does anyone play Sky: Children of Light? I downloaded it because I LOVE Journey and it's giving me the same kind of vibes but I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Any tips?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Far cry 6 is the best far cry ever. Having a character with personality and cut scenes makes a world of a differenfe.

Dani is fucking awesome and pretty sure I have a crush on her.

Im not done with the game yet, but is there something between her and Clara? After a couple of missions, people make these commenrs that insinuate it's just not a partnership. ("when this is over, Clara wont have time for you anymore", "we wont tell Clara what happened. She has enough on her plate without knowing you almost got ripped apart", "I can see why Clara likes you now!") :tinfoil:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Think I'll hold off on the new Far Cry for a bit..I think I've literally only completed maybe 2 games out the series. 3 and 4? I was enjoying 5 but didn't get around to finishing it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Oct 2021, 10:15
Far cry 6 is the best far cry ever. Having a character with personality and cut scenes makes a world of a differenfe.

Dani is fucking awesome and pretty sure I have a crush on her.

Im not done with the game yet, but is there something between her and Clara? After a couple of missions, people make these commenrs that insinuate it's just not a partnership. ("when this is over, Clara wont have time for you anymore", "we wont tell Clara what happened. She has enough on her plate without knowing you almost got ripped apart", "I can see why Clara likes you now!") :tinfoil:
Playing FC 6 as well. Still at the early parts of the game. Female Dani is way better than any FC protagonists so far. She has personality, she looks like a lesbian badass in some armor pieces and she sings while listening the radio. Lol.

I also sensed some early tension between her and Clara. If only this game has romance options, i would let Dani flirt with most female characters in the game.

I have played FC5/New dawn recently so some of its gameplay mechanics still feels the same. So don't expect anything new from there. But the world is so beautiful i spend so much time just exploring, hunting, and collecting armor pieces and charms.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Enjoying farcry 6 aswell. Female Dani is freaking awesome. And the whole experience so far for me is so fun. I started few days ago farcry3 too seems good so far but I maybe biased, I'm not a fan of the male protagonist. I always find them so boring in general. I'm glad that we had the choice this time. I noticed a looot of youtubers picked the female too. Good! But also I don't get the disappointment from so much people. I think the people who are new to the franchise will love this one for sure.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Number9Number45 wrote:
09 Oct 2021, 16:07
All you had to do was follow the damn train CJ! :argh:
:rage:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

They are removing the 3 GTA games now and replacing them with the new digital remasters. Even more proof that it's a shit cash grab with hardly any upgrade. Horrible company.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I am actually looking forward to seeing the new graphics for the GTA trilogy. Apparently they're doing it in a completely different engine to what they normally use. The only game I've completed out of the 3 of them was Vice City, and that was back when I was like 12 and now I'm 31. Can't believe my parents used to let me play it back then :lol: But it'll be interesting to see if I can complete all 3 now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone in the US been following this situation with Best Buy and their Total Tech subscription ($200 annually)? Subscribers get early access to products and new inventory...like the PS5. 008

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Oct 2021, 11:27
Think I'll hold off on the new Far Cry for a bit..I think I've literally only completed maybe 2 games out the series. 3 and 4? I was enjoying 5 but didn't get around to finishing it.
The Far Cry series has never managed to hold my interest very long but I actually ended getting this one for free (it was included in a purchase I made a year ago and I completely forgot about it until I got an email telling me to claim it), and I'm surprised at how much fun I'm having with it.

I mean, yes it's the usual Ubi game but with a bit of self awareness of the fact so they aren't taking themselves too seriously and are actually making things silly and fun. If you're completely over the Ubi formula then I totally get it but otherwise I think this is worth taking a chance on, especially when it starts going on sale.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I am not surprised most people chose female Dani. She is the one being marketed.

Also, Dani feels like a person. She can be so charming one moment and a complete dumabss the next :rageblush: and for all her might, she really has a good heart. Aaaand a lot of patience. The way these people speak to her in the beginning knowing fully well Dani can destroy the entire base on her own is comical :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
11 Oct 2021, 15:22
They are removing the 3 GTA games now and replacing them with the new digital remasters. Even more proof that it's a shit cash grab with hardly any upgrade. Horrible company.
I mean, every big (gaming) company only cares about the money. That's the basis of capitalism. They're all horrible in that sense. But removing 20 year old games that no one is buying anymore is really not that big of a deal. You'll still have your copies of it, if you own them.