The Game Geek Thread

GUEST_USER
Reactions: 18

The Game Geek Thread

Post by GUEST_USER »

Don't forget to hide game spoilers!
We don't want to ruin the fun of a game for anyone by spoiling the story line. Please keep it in mind!

^_^

Originally posted on 2011-12-13 09:07:00

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

*Pours one out for The Last of Us and Assassin's Creed Odyssey threads*

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If you like text adventures, try Noble Man from Delight Games.

I would have liked more content and story development, but it's still well done. That's why I want more. I think they worked so much on quality and attracting more casual players that they were stingy with content.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Finished The LAST OF US for the first time and really enjoyed it. Great characters and development and the stealth gameplay was enjoyable. Any recommendations on what to play next? Besides the dlc which I am almost finished with I am looking for something with good story and characters. As far as PS4 goes, I've only played Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Uncharted 4 so far and am currently making my way through God of War. I also own an Xbox One which is what I mainly game on.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

New trailer for TWD episode 3 "Broken Toys"
https://youtu.be/7zkWTfFCA04

bluejeans
Reactions: 5

Post by bluejeans »

Guest wrote:New trailer for TWD episode 3 "Broken Toys"
Look awesome, I can't wait. So we're meeting Violet's ex huh.

Lara's ponytail
Reactions:

Post by Lara's ponytail »

Guest wrote:Finished The LAST OF US for the first time and really enjoyed it. Great characters and development and the stealth gameplay was enjoyable. Any recommendations on what to play next? Besides the dlc which I am almost finished with I am looking for something with good story and characters. As far as PS4 goes, I've only played Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Uncharted 4 so far and am currently making my way through God of War. I also own an Xbox One which is what I mainly game on.
If you like narrative driven adventure games, get Uncharted Lost Legacy, the Witcher 3 and the Assassin's Creed Ezio collection + AC Origins and Odyssey. You might also like Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2, though the first one is only on PS3/XBOX and graphics are 8 years old, it shows.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Lara's ponytail wrote:
Guest wrote:Finished The LAST OF US for the first time and really enjoyed it. Great characters and development and the stealth gameplay was enjoyable. Any recommendations on what to play next? Besides the dlc which I am almost finished with I am looking for something with good story and characters. As far as PS4 goes, I've only played Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Horizon Zero Dawn, and Uncharted 4 so far and am currently making my way through God of War. I also own an Xbox One which is what I mainly game on.
If you like narrative driven adventure games, get Uncharted Lost Legacy, the Witcher 3 and the Assassin's Creed Ezio collection + AC Origins and Odyssey. You might also like Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2, though the first one is only on PS3/XBOX and graphics are 8 years old, it shows.
Honestly, while I played Uncharted 4 and enjoyed it at first, I cannot play anymore of it. The gameplay got real old fast for me. I've also played through The AC games and both Red Dead Redemptions. But thanks for the recommendations. I'll have to give the Witcher 3 another chance. I've tried a few times to play it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

AC:Odyssey - We get to find out about the baby bs on January 15 x

rthansen
Reactions: 2

Post by rthansen »

Guest wrote:AC:Odyssey - We get to find out about the baby bs on January 15 x
Thank Athena... I haven't been able to play it since that spoiler dropped. I've tried, but the thought of forced het s*** just tainted it.

bluejeans

Post by bluejeans »

Guest wrote:AC:Odyssey - We get to find out about the baby bs on January 15 x
Bring it on

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:New trailer for TWD episode 3 "Broken Toys"
I think I'll pass TWD's last season. Maybe I'll download it but they won't see my money.

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/business/tellta...ees-164434.html

bluejeans

Post by bluejeans »

Guest wrote: I think I'll pass TWD's last season. Maybe I'll download it but they won't see my money.

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/business/tellta...ees-164434.html
Isn't this old news? Skybound hired the old TWD team back and they're being payed properly. Telltale is not involved with these two episodes as they no longer exist as a company.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

bluejeans wrote: Bring it on

Lmao

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Have we heard what's in the Stardew Valley 1.4 update (that game just keeps on giving)

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ACO bullshit. Don't waste your money on the DLC.

bluejeans

Post by bluejeans »

Guest wrote:ACO bullshit. Don't waste your money on the DLC.
I'm not really trusting a better alternative but what happens if you pick 'farewell'? He comes back and you have the baby anyways? Probably so cause they clearly think they could get away with it by giving us that "I chose this life because I want a family" option.

rthansen

Post by rthansen »

Fuck those homophobic assholes. That is the last time I buy a ubisoft game

rthansen

Post by rthansen »

bluejeans wrote:
I'm not really trusting a better alternative but what happens if you pick 'farewell'? He comes back and you have the baby anyways? Probably so cause they clearly think they could get away with it by giving us that "I chose this life because I want a family" option.
I didn't see the farewell option. I skipped ahead to the end and saw the baby and was like fuck it. Now I got small sliver of hope. It's out tomorrow right?

bluejeans

Post by bluejeans »

rthansen wrote:
bluejeans wrote:
I didn't see the farewell option. I skipped ahead to the end and saw the baby and was like fuck it. Now I got small sliver of hope. It's out tomorrow right?
Whoever was playing this preview was deliberately choosing romantic/family options. Darius asks you if you're gonna try to have a simple life, you can say that you will or you can say "I'm a Misthios". A few moments later, the dude is leaving and you can either say "Farewell" or ask him to stay. Then towards the end, after the baby is already born, you get to tell the dude that you choose this life because you love him or because you wanted a family.

So idk... there are at least 3 options that downplay the romance but I'm still wary of this. I'll be very surprised if they created a whole different storyline that doesn't involve having a baby because it seems like a big deal to main dlc plot. We'll find that out tomorrow, I guess.

rthansen

Post by rthansen »

bluejeans wrote:
rthansen wrote:
bluejeans wrote:
Whoever was playing this preview was deliberately choosing romantic/family options. Darius asks you if you're gonna try to have a simple life, you can say that you will or you can say "I'm a Misthios". A few moments later, the dude is leaving and you can either say "Farewell" or ask him to stay. Then towards the end, after the baby is already born, you get to tell the dude that you choose this life because you love him or because you wanted a family.

So idk... there are at least 3 options that downplay the romance but I'm still wary of this. I'll be very surprised if they created a whole different storyline that doesn't involve having a baby because it seems like a big deal to main dlc plot. We'll find that out tomorrow, I guess.
I just rewatched it and I'm hopeful now. There was another woman and a child at the pier, maybe they are someone of importance?

Adding the farewell option should mean that you can choose to say goodbye. It still sucks that they coded all of Kassandra and dude's interactions as romantic, but I can get over that if we can just send him away. But yes, the whole continuing legacy thing seems like something they are intent on happening. I just don't want it to be with my lesbian Kassandra

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That second to last paragraph is :X X

rthansen

Post by rthansen »

Guest wrote:That second to last paragraph is :X  X
Ugh... :X :argh:

Is there anyone here who are going to play it? I really need that confirmation about being able to say fuck off to the dude and I don't trust all those homophobes on twitter and reddit

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^^I have the season pass, so I'll be playing it, but you'll probably have your answer before I finish.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

bluejeans

Post by bluejeans »

Guest wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/com...lc_ending_rant/

Looks like the baby is unavoidable.
They basically managed to piss off lesbians, feminists, anyone who just wanted Kass/Alexios to be a badass Misthios... it seems that only homophobes are happy with the forced het story. Well done, Ubisoft.

Sentry
Reactions: 129

Post by Sentry »

That's some bullshit.
I am not an Administrator. Please contact those in the group 'Administrator' for account-related questions.

For ban overturns contact me in a DM on here or Discord. You must provide an IP address for any bans to be looked at.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

How are some ppl playing it earlier? Time zone?

Has any review mentioned the baby?

rthansen

Post by rthansen »

Guest wrote:How are some ppl playing it earlier? Time zone?

Yeah it has been released some places.

According to that person on Reddit you don't have a choice. You might not necessarily 'romance' him, but you are forced to have a child.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

rthansen wrote:

According to that person on Reddit you don't have a choice. You might not necessarily 'romance' him, but you are forced to have a child.
Looks like romance is unavoidable too. https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/com...comment/ee3s0es

rthansen

Post by rthansen »

Guest wrote:
rthansen wrote:

Looks like romance is unavoidable too. https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/com...comment/ee3s0es
Apparently it is. Especially if you say farewell. Then he'll leave a letter for Kassandra that will make her cry (more than when Pheobe died) and like a cheap Hallmark movie he arrives after she read it and "squash" they are a couple... It would be less romantic if you asked him to stay as you could tell him you only did for a family and not for him

bluejeans

Post by bluejeans »

rthansen wrote:
Guest wrote:
rthansen wrote:

Apparently it is. Especially if you say farewell. Then he'll leave a letter for Kassandra that will make her cry (more than when Pheobe died) and like a cheap Hallmark movie he arrives after she read it and "squash" they are a couple... It would be less romantic if you asked him to stay as you could tell him you only did for a family and not for him
Holy shit, that's so manipulative. They really fucked this up for anyone who didn't want romance. The false illusion of a choice is nagl.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Does the DLC take place in the middle of the main story? If so, then this baby bs makes ZERO sense. Forced het romance is bad enough, but as if Kass would put hunting the cult of kosmos on hold to randomly have a family. Jfc Ubisoft!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I can just not do that DLC right? Just gonna pretend it doesn't exist. What kind of garbage, Ubisoft....

rthansen

Post by rthansen »

Guest wrote:I can just not do that DLC right? Just gonna pretend it doesn't exist. What kind of garbage, Ubisoft....
Yeah you can just ignore the DLC.

At least articles are starting to pop up here and there.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Does the DLC take place in the middle of the main story? If so, then this baby bs makes ZERO sense. Forced het romance is bad enough, but as if Kass would put hunting the cult of kosmos on hold to randomly have a family. Jfc Ubisoft!
I mean, she's going to outlive this kid. She never thinks or talks about it afterwards?!?

There's so many ways that shit makes no sense.

Yikes101
Reactions:

Post by Yikes101 »

People mentioned that the DLCs were created by a completely different team than the team that created the original game. I feel like it shows, and that nobody talked to anybody in regards to the story or to how RPG heavy this game was :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm surprised that even people on Reddit are pissed about this stupid dlc tbh. Not only does it go against the whole player choice thing but also it doesn't even make sense narratively. So Kassandra has a baby in the middle of the game while she's constantly traveling all over the place killing people and it's never mentioned?

bluejeans

Post by bluejeans »

I'm also side-eyeing how the child can only be a boy. Is this supposed to be a set up for next AC game?

rthansen

Post by rthansen »

bluejeans wrote:I'm also side-eyeing how the child can only be a boy. Is this supposed to be a set up for next AC game?
I read that Alexios gets a girl?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

One article written about it so far. I hope Ubisoft gets dragged real hard. This is a straight up con. Had I known about this baby fuckery, I never would have bought the gold edition.

https://www.vg247.com/2019/01/15/assassins-...gay-characters/

bluejeans

Post by bluejeans »

rthansen wrote:
bluejeans wrote:I'm also side-eyeing how the child can only be a boy. Is this supposed to be a set up for next AC game?
I read that Alexios gets a girl?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwzhD-2OGVo

18:07

Seems you get a son no matter what. Heaven forbid leaving the legacy to a girl...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

That great critical post about the end of the dlc on reddit with over 800 comments got deleted and locked... :eyeroll:

bluejeans

Post by bluejeans »

Guest wrote:That great critical post about the end of the dlc on reddit with over 800 comments got deleted and locked... :eyeroll:
Were people being messy in the comments? I remember when the first episode came out and there was a post basically telling lesbians to get over it that had a lot of comments, that one also got deleted.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

bluejeans wrote:
Guest wrote:That great critical post about the end of the dlc on reddit with over 800 comments got deleted and locked... :eyeroll:
Were people being messy in the comments? I remember when the first episode came out and there was a post basically telling lesbians to get over it that had a lot of comments, that one also got deleted.
DA, the comments were surprisingly in favor of the post. The mods apparently got bombarded with abuse reports and decided to shut the thread down.

rthansen

Post by rthansen »

Well Ubisoft doesn't care. They responded to a mail from Kotaku about their decision. It is in the last paragraph. They are sorry we were surprised... :X

https://kotaku.com/assassins-creed-odysseys...endi-1831784459

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sorry to change the subject, but...

rthansen

Post by rthansen »

Guest wrote:Sorry to change the subject, but...

ggt101
Reactions:

Post by ggt101 »

Guest wrote:Sorry to change the subject, but...
i still haven't bought the game and I decided to wait until i know how it ends.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

WTF just found out the new dlc is so disgusting, Ubisoft can I get my season pass money back?