For All Mankind (Apple+)

Reactions:

Re: Apple+ For All Mankind

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 23:14
I wish we knew what the poem said that was about her. Agree with this gif set in that probably more than one were.
Ha! I read all the titles but couldn't figure it out.

curiosa
Reactions:

Post by curiosa »

Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 23:39
Guest wrote:
18 Apr 2021, 23:14
I wish we knew what the poem said that was about her. Agree with this gif set in that probably more than one were.
Ha! I read all the titles but couldn't figure it out.
plot twist ... ALL the poems are about Ellen

hermit_kingdom
Reactions:

Post by hermit_kingdom »

I tried adjusting the picture in Photoshop to see Pam's poetry table of contents better. I think it's actually pretty clear which poem is about Ellen. Look at the one I starred ... it's called "Are All Astronauts Orphans?"

curiosa
Reactions:

Post by curiosa »

hermit_kingdom wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 02:52
I tried adjusting the picture in Photoshop to see Pam's poetry table of contents better. I think it's actually pretty clear which poem is about Ellen. Look at the one I starred ... it's called "Are All Astronauts Orphans?"

Trying to post pic again: Image

test_pilot
Reactions:

Post by test_pilot »

curiosa wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 02:56
hermit_kingdom wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Last Time I Saw Your Face and You Were Never Without the Moon could also be. Or maybe it’s I Never Left the Circus jk.

ta da da
Reactions:

Post by ta da da »

test_pilot wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 02:59
curiosa wrote:
hermit_kingdom wrote:

Using photoshop and intense zooming, below is my best guess at the poem titles. I bolded the ones I think are about Ellen.

The Salesman
Take it With You
Whale Songs
Loving Lady
Maybe I'm the Black Hat
Just One of Those Days
I Don't Miss This Party Anymore
Peace of Mind
Self Portrait
Earned Earth
??? Been a Cowboy
Breakfast ???
And I'm Not Really Magic After All
REDACTED Will See You Now
Are All Astronauts Orphans? :bigcry: :gaypimp: :heart:

The End of the World
God Bless
Seeding the Hope
The Phone Booth
My Hometown Left
Help Wanted
I Give
This is the Sound of A Sonnet Playing
I Never Left the Circus
What the Orphans Expected of Me
Why We Go to War
Hollywood Doesn't Live Here Anymore
Clock Continues to Click

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Ok, I love SpacePoet as their ship name. Seems to be what tumblr fans are calling them.

curiosa
Reactions:

Post by curiosa »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 03:26
Ok, I love SpacePoet as their ship name. Seems to be what tumblr fans are calling them.
the poet and her little astronaut :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ta da da wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 03:19
test_pilot wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 02:59
curiosa wrote:
hermit_kingdom wrote:

Using photoshop and intense zooming, below is my best guess at the poem titles. I bolded the ones I think are about Ellen.

The Salesman
Take it With You
Whale Songs
Loving Lady
Maybe I'm the Black Hat
Just One of Those Days
I Don't Miss This Party Anymore
Peace of Mind
Self Portrait
Earned Earth
??? Been a Cowboy
Breakfast ???
And I'm Not Really Magic After All
REDACTED Will See You Now
Are All Astronauts Orphans? :bigcry: :gaypimp: :heart:

The End of the World
God Bless
Seeding the Hope
The Phone Booth
My Hometown Left
Help Wanted
I Give
This is the Sound of A Sonnet Playing
I Never Left the Circus
What the Orphans Expected of Me
Why We Go to War
Hollywood Doesn't Live Here Anymore
Clock Continues to Click
There's also "Last Time I Saw Your Face" and "You Were Never Without the Moon" on the opposite page.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I want to say You Were Never Without the Moon is it. Probably about her playing second fiddle to the Moon or something. The face one could fit, but it sounds like Pam saw her on the news a lot over the years. The way Pam says it took her long time to be able to write it. Ouch :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The way Ellen’s hand is shaking when reading the letter :'(

curiosa
Reactions:

Post by curiosa »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 04:37
I want to say You Were Never Without the Moon is it. Probably about her playing second fiddle to the Moon or something. The face one could fit, but it sounds like Pam saw her on the news a lot over the years. The way Pam says it took her long time to be able to write it. Ouch :dramaqueen:
I can see your point. But Pam always knew Ellen's soul purpose in life was to get to space so I don't think she'd harbor sour feelings about "playing second fiddle".

I strongly feel Pam's poem to Ellen is "Maybe I'm the Black Hat". In United States films of the Western genre, white hats were often worn by heroes and black hats by villains. I think Pam is saying, after much contemplation, maybe Larry and Ellen were right after all in getting married.

Ellen believed she had to get married in order to protect her dream of getting to the moon which she achieved with much fanfare. So Pam is saying maybe she really was the villain in Ellen's story. If Ellen had chosen to "keep" Pam, then she could have ruined her NASA dream. And, in hindsight, it wasn't fair for Pam to even give Ellen the ultimatum in the first place. So "maybe [Pam] was the black hat" in Ellen's story after all.

Pam sent Ellen her book of poems to let her know that she is now more introspective about their time together and understands why her ultimatum to Ellen was a 'bad guy' move. In a sense, Pam is saying she has personally reconciled with Ellen's choice from a decade ago.

Thoughts?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

IDK - I think Pam sending the book was a way to see if there was anything worth getting back. I think Pam harbored feelings for Ellen all those 10 years and now that Ellen was back for good, she thought maybe she still had a chance. I also don't think things with Elise were all that great or else she'd not have cheated etc. I mean Elise said she knows all about her, Pam probably always talked about her and always watched her on the news. She's still had feelings after all these years. She probably thinks Ellen made the right choice but hearing Ellen tell Larry how Pam makes her heart beat again, I'm not so sure. They belong together that's for sure.

Isotopes
Reactions: 33

Post by Isotopes »

Did Wayne mention something about the doctor Molly was going to see using lasers? I have to check, but I'm pretty sure that is a legit procedure for treating glaucoma. Maybe not in 1983, so I can understand why he thinks it's a scam. If it is I wonder if that'll come into play next season or not.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Isotopes wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 13:30
Did Wayne mention something about the doctor Molly was going to see using lasers? I have to check, but I'm pretty sure that is a legit procedure for treating glaucoma. Maybe not in 1983, so I can understand why he thinks it's a scam. If it is I wonder if that'll come into play next season or not.
It wasn't lasers, just injecting stuff into the eyes

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

curiosa wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 05:22
Guest wrote:
I can see your point. But Pam always knew Ellen's soul purpose in life was to get to space so I don't think she'd harbor sour feelings about "playing second fiddle".

I strongly feel Pam's poem to Ellen is "Maybe I'm the Black Hat". In United States films of the Western genre, white hats were often worn by heroes and black hats by villains. I think Pam is saying, after much contemplation, maybe Larry and Ellen were right after all in getting married.

Ellen believed she had to get married in order to protect her dream of getting to the moon which she achieved with much fanfare. So Pam is saying maybe she really was the villain in Ellen's story. If Ellen had chosen to "keep" Pam, then she could have ruined her NASA dream. And, in hindsight, it wasn't fair for Pam to even give Ellen the ultimatum in the first place. So "maybe [Pam] was the black hat" in Ellen's story after all.

Pam sent Ellen her book of poems to let her know that she is now more introspective about their time together and understands why her ultimatum to Ellen was a 'bad guy' move. In a sense, Pam is saying she has personally reconciled with Ellen's choice from a decade ago.

Thoughts?
What kind of ultimatum did Pam give Ellen?
She said that if she goes through with marrying someone else then they are done.
She didn’t say Ellen has to come out or whatever. But why the hell do you expect her to stick around while her girlfriend is marring some dude and be fine with it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 13:57
curiosa wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 05:22
Guest wrote:

Thoughts?
What kind of ultimatum did Pam give Ellen?
She said that if she goes through with marrying someone else then they are done.
She didn’t say Ellen has to come out or whatever. But why the hell do you expect her to stick around while her girlfriend is marring some dude and be fine with it?
Qmta

The situation was not fair for both of them. But trying to make Pam the “bad guy” in this is just wrong.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 10:31
IDK - I think Pam sending the book was a way to see if there was anything worth getting back. I think Pam harbored feelings for Ellen all those 10 years and now that Ellen was back for good, she thought maybe she still had a chance. I also don't think things with Elise were all that great or else she'd not have cheated etc. I mean Elise said she knows all about her, Pam probably always talked about her and always watched her on the news. She's still had feelings after all these years. She probably thinks Ellen made the right choice but hearing Ellen tell Larry how Pam makes her heart beat again, I'm not so sure. They belong together that's for sure.
She was testing the waters for sure. And Ellen took the bait lol Obviously, they never got over each other. Now let’s see what Ellen does in the finale and she puts it together why Pam left. “I’m ready to do whatever it takes to keep you.” Will she? :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 14:08
Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 10:31
She was testing the waters for sure. And Ellen took the bait lol Obviously, they never got over each other. Now let’s see what Ellen does in the finale and she puts it together why Pam left. “I’m ready to do whatever it takes to keep you.” Will she? :hmmm:
I hope so. :dramaqueen:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I really don't know what to say. I feel bad for Ellen. She deserves to be happy and the truth. I hope she still chooses Pam in the end. Can they stop making decisions for her? lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I really hope the bailing by Pam is just drama for the sake of it and gets resolved in the finale. It's dumb. These women have been shown to communicate very well until the last 2 episodes.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

I really want Ellen to ask Larry next episode. Ask if Pam said something or noticed something since he was the last person Pam talked to. Obviously she did and I hope Larry would be honest enough to mention their conversation. Ellen's dealing with a potential ww3 and a broken heart. I hope she succeeds on both.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 16:34
I really want Ellen to ask Larry next episode. Ask if Pam said something or noticed something since he was the last person Pam talked to. Obviously she did and I hope Larry would be honest enough to mention their conversation. Ellen's dealing with a potential ww3 and a broken heart. I hope she succeeds on both.
Knowing Larry, he'll lie. I mean he "seemed" (aka faked it imo) surprised Pam left. He was at home so I'm sure he knew Pam left with her things.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 16:37
guest wrote:
Knowing Larry, he'll lie. I mean he "seemed" (aka faked it imo) surprised Pam left. He was at home so I'm sure he knew Pam left with her things.
Op. x2.
The way Larry was shocked that Pam left was very suspicious. That's why i hope Ellen would keep asking him next episode and let's see if he'll keep pretending he doesn't have any idea. Or maybe the campaign guy briefly mentions Pam during his conversation with Ellen. It all boils down to Larry being the last person Pam talked to.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 16:48
Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 16:37
guest wrote:
Op. x2.
The way Larry was shocked that Pam left was very suspicious. That's why i hope Ellen would keep asking him next episode and let's see if he'll keep pretending he doesn't have any idea. Or maybe the campaign guy briefly mentions Pam during his conversation with Ellen. It all boils down to Larry being the last person Pam talked to.
At this point, I don't care if Larry says anything (I hope he does but doubt he will), I just want Ellen go get to Austin to talk it out with Pam. Probably at the end as I'm sure she's gonna get a call about Jamestown any minute.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Agreed, I really hope this is all drama for the sake of drama. I mean, why would Larry want Ellen to go into politics? No way he would be able to continue living his secret gay life. Everyone would know who he is. He’s just pretty selfish and is all about himself. And I don’t think he wants to come out. Sucks Ellen is stuck with him right now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I can't believe Ellen fell for that I want to be with Elise after all she and Pam talked about. I'm so grateful you are alive etc.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 19:13
I can't believe Ellen fell for that I want to be with Elise after all she and Pam talked about. I'm so grateful you are alive etc.
For real. I hope she figures it out. She has to be somewhat suspicious because they had conversations about it. Also it went like this:

Pam: “I hope you understand.”
Ellen: “I don’t understand.”
Larry: “Oh no. Anyways.”

I can’t wait until she is finally out of this sham marriage and doesn’t have him trying to control everything. But knowing the writers they’ll still be “married” in 1991. Imagine being in a fake marriage for 20 plus years 008

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 19:34
Guest wrote:
For real. I hope she figures it out. She has to be somewhat suspicious because they had conversations about it. Also it went like this:

I can’t wait until she is finally out of this sham marriage and doesn’t have him trying to control everything. But knowing the writers they’ll still be “married” in 1991. Imagine being in a fake marriage for 20 plus years 008
IDK - her story makes no sense if she's still in the closet in 1991. She's ready to come out, she's got a gal who loves her. Give the characters NEW storylines in S3.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 19:37
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

IDK - her story makes no sense if she's still in the closet in 1991. She's ready to come out, she's got a gal who loves her. Give the characters NEW storylines in S3.
This show is supposed to about positive changes in this timeline. Why not start the LGBT rights earlier? In our world, the 90s is when our rights started to be taken a bit more seriously. Same sex partners started to get some recognition regarding benefits, etc. I’m with you. I really do not want this dragged out into a third season. The only logical conclusion to her storyline this season is to come out. If not, her whole season was a giant waste and she ends in the same exact place she started.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 19:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

This show is supposed to about positive changes in this timeline. Why not start the LGBT rights earlier? In our world, the 90s is when our rights started to be taken a bit more seriously. Same sex partners started to get some recognition regarding benefits, etc. I’m with you. I really do not want this dragged out into a third season. The only logical conclusion to her storyline this season is to come out. If not, her whole season was a giant waste and she ends in the same exact place she started.
Agreed. If they have Ellen come out in a big way, it can lead to that. Then at the start of S3, they can use 1990's footage of protests /equal rights that in the show's timeline happened earlier because of Ellen.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 20:13
Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 19:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Agreed. If they have Ellen come out in a big way, it can lead to that. Then at the start of S3, they can use 1990's footage of protests /equal rights that in the show's timeline happened earlier because of Ellen.
^ And Jodi did like a comment on insta about that exact same thing so :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

If any of these are spoilers, I'd think the Pam/Ellen option makes the most sense. https://twitter.com/lonjets/status/1384216972565512196

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 21:55
If any of these are spoilers, I'd think the Pam/Ellen option makes the most sense. https://twitter.com/lonjets/status/1384216972565512196
The first three make sense but the last one?! I’m confused.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Looking at his profile, I think he just made a random poll and put spoilers just to be safe.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 22:15
Guest wrote:
The first three make sense but the last one?! I’m confused.
If Ed dies, Sally Ride dies too and I can't see them do that. If nuclear war breaks out in space, then shits going to be crazy. IDK about any of them other than P/E. I think he's grasping on the last one.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Based on ep 10 promo pics, Ellen's wearing same thing post reading letter and back at Nasa which means she'll be back at work right away. Nothing new I guess. Which obviously means, nothing on Pam/Ellen front until near the end.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 22:20
Guest wrote:
Looking at his profile, I think he just made a random poll and put spoilers just to be safe.
Yeah, it's only his second post about the show. Doubt he knows anything.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 22:39
Based on ep 10 promo pics, Ellen's wearing same thing post reading letter and back at Nasa which means she'll be back at work right away. Nothing new I guess. Which obviously means, nothing on Pam/Ellen front until near the end.
Yeah, I figured *if* there is anything involving them it will be at the end of the episode. Ellen probably gets called in right after she reads the letter. And then Moore pretty much confirmed they do a final check-in with the characters before the episode ends. In Ellen's case, it will most likely be a decision on her future. I just wish we had confirmation Meghan is in the episode. If they left her off the episode list for suspense, then they did a good job of that lol

Pics if anyone cares. Nothing too interesting, though.

https://www.apple.com/tv-pr/originals/f ... nd/photos/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 00:04
Guest wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 22:39
Yeah, I figured *if* there is anything involving them it will be at the end of the episode. Ellen probably gets called in right after she reads the letter. And then Moore pretty much confirmed they do a final check-in with the characters before the episode ends. In Ellen's case, it will most likely be a decision on her future. I just wish we had confirmation Meghan is in the episode. If they left her off the episode list for suspense, then they did a good job of that lol

Pics if anyone cares. Nothing too interesting, though.

https://www.apple.com/tv-pr/originals/f ... nd/photos/
If by list you mean IMDB, they don't list other people who will be in the ep so I have hope. At this point, them not having her there is fueling the nervousness of the fandom.

I don't want a straight jump forward with little scenes and no dialogue. After Ellen comes out (which they better do), I want them to talk, kiss and then show some cute scenes after their reunion like walking in a park holding hands or being out at one of the first Pride Parades etc.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

So who's gonna die?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 11:18
So who's gonna die?
Maybe some of the Pathfinder crew, Danielle in Apollo?( I hope not) The situation in Jamestown doesn’t look too good either. I think *I think* the ones still on earth are save lol. :fingcross:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 11:23
Guest wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 11:18
So who's gonna die?
Maybe some of the Pathfinder crew, Danielle in Apollo?( I hope not) The situation in Jamestown doesn’t look too good either. I think *I think* the ones still on earth are save lol. :fingcross:
Ed's annoying so he should go but if he does, then so will his crew which I don't like. Can't kill Sally! I wonder if the painting by Wayne is a premonition, if so then Tracy and Gordo are toast which I don't think will happen. I find the newbies annoying. I'd prefer to keep focus on the older ladies for S3.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Also, Pam said Elise wanted kids but she didn't. No way that relationship makes any sense at all.

anon11
Reactions:

Post by anon11 »

I just noticed that the letter Pam wrote doesn't match the voice over. If you stop and read, it actually ends with sthg like "I love you Ellen, I just wished it was enough" :bigcry: ... guess the writers changed their minds...

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

anon11 wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 12:23
I just noticed that the letter Pam wrote doesn't match the voice over. If you stop and read, it actually ends with sthg like "I love you Ellen, I just wished it was enough" :bigcry: ... guess the writers changed their minds...
Well, with that ending you'd think Ellen would be wtf?? You are enough Pam!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

anon11 wrote:
Or they changed it for drama. We'll know in 2.5 days.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

anon11 wrote:
Good catch. I just checked and it does end with that. I still see Elise's name mentioned in there, but it's hard to read the rest of the note. I swear if Ellen doesn't see through the ridiculousness of that note, then I don't know what to say. I want to be optimistic by thinking they did this an episode before the finale for a reason. Maybe it causes Ellen to slip in the finale in some way? I don't know. I'm just ready to get this episode over with. All the over hyping of it on twitter by those who have seen it is starting to annoying me tbh. The only thing that would really and truly surprise me would be someone being revealed as a mole, although people have speculated about this. The rest of it sounds pretty straight forward in what happens.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 18:47
anon11 wrote:
Good catch. I just checked and it does end with that. I still see Elise's name mentioned in there, but it's hard to read the rest of the note. I swear if Ellen doesn't see through the ridiculousness of that note, then I don't know what to say. I want to be optimistic by thinking they did this an episode before the finale for a reason. Maybe it causes Ellen to slip in the finale in some way? I don't know. I'm just ready to get this episode over with. All the over hyping of it on twitter by those who have seen it is starting to annoying me tbh. The only thing that would really and truly surprise me would be someone being revealed as a mole, although people have speculated about this. The rest of it sounds pretty straight forward in what happens.
The twitter account that was rooting for them (and has seen the season) hasn't said a peep since before the last ep aired. All I want is for a positive resolution to this stupid drama so I can have happy dreams about them until the next season airs.