Lesbian-themed Books

Reactions:

Re: Lesbian-themed Books

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 06:31
Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 18:28
are the same dum dums that tried to make a stink in the movies and tv shows threads here now?

it's going for far long than usual.
Lesbians has being stoping using this forum every immigration it does, we are not the largest audience of this forum anymore, so it is to be expected this kind of thing.
Lesbian posts weren't deleted in previous immigrations unlike now. I posted a link to the other thread where bi-themed books can be talked about but it was deleted.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 04:15
Guest wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 22:52
guest wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 22:06
Guest wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 21:54
Guest wrote:
15 Oct 2021, 20:32

da. i usually ignore all this bs but... the lesbian tv, movie and book threads are about all kinds of f/f. the title is more to separe them from general/straight media. and they all work the same, a heads up for any new content and their respective warnings for bi content or other dumbassery. it's up to the individuals if they want to read/watch.

should they be called sapphic books, movies, etc, threads? sure, but they don't and they have worked for years like this. so for the love of god, stop clogging up the thread with your rants every fucking time a bi appears.
Honestly, it's like they've been scorned by a past lover who left them for a man and they're having outbursts because of their ptsd. FYI i'm not bi and am only interested in reading f/f romance. I could care less if the mc slept with 100 men before falling in love with a woman if the entire book is about the F/F relationship.
the difference is you are a bislut we are lesbian that's why you don't care. try harder lesbophobic
x2 never been and never want to be with a bislut. There's a bi-themed books thread for non lesbian books, stop gaslighting this thread for lesbians.
DA Why do you keep saying this? That thread had like eight posts and then the mods locked it. Others are right, like it or not "Lesbian-themed" here ends up meaning f/f that's worth reading, by a definition of "worth reading" that's inevitably going to vary from reader to reader. I mean, for myself I'd read nothing but goldstar/goldstar that was all brilliantly written in a wide array of genres if I could, but there just isn't that much of that, so even among just lesbians we end up making compromises along our own individual lines. Best thing is for everyone to just be honest about the book when you post here and let others decide if that's something she wants to read or not, or at least not throw a fit if someone else replies to your post to give a warning. You can disagree with someone's rec, but don't accuse them of trolling when this IS the mod-designated thread, but at the same time, anons on the other side should not go shaming posters for wanting to find f/f stories that don't involve het sex/romance between the leads at all, even if only mentioned and not actually on page.
Da. There are many other sites to discuss bisexual-themed books, why bring them here? That doesn’t mean I want to ban all talk of books with bisexual characters, but there’s a difference between a book where a het relationship happened in the past and one where it happens on the pages of the book. And to me that includes ones that literally start off with the protagonist waking up in the bed of the guy she fucked the night before.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I just got Aurora's Angel and its starting off really good. Shapeshifters escaping humans who captured them to harvest their body parts so theres 2 of them on the run right now hiding in a cave. Yes they shared a bed ❤ lol gotta stay warm on those cold winter nights. So they're both stronger than humans but Evie can produce massive gold wings and she's the sweet sort of upper class, not very suited to evading captors. The other, Aurora is a big strapping gal, puts me in mind of Grace from Terminator and she's quite rugged and has saved Evie from this place. They haven't said what animal she shifts into but i'm guessing it's something feline cause she talks about climbing the walls with desire when she goes into heat (can't fxxxing wait for that! Lol)
So they're going on a journey together and it's pretty promising. Also it's on Audible and the narrator is Abby Craden, she's really good at doing the different voices, it's very pleasant to listen to.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Is anyone following the webcomic for Ice Massacre? They put out like one page a week it's excruciatingly slow.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Post above,
'Queer, bi, trans' lol that's fight'n talk round these parts.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 06:49
Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 06:31
Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 18:28
are the same dum dums that tried to make a stink in the movies and tv shows threads here now?

it's going for far long than usual.
Lesbians has being stoping using this forum every immigration it does, we are not the largest audience of this forum anymore, so it is to be expected this kind of thing.
Lesbian posts weren't deleted in previous immigrations unlike now. I posted a link to the other thread where bi-themed books can be talked about but it was deleted.
DA Because that thread is locked. This thread is the one to use as it's always been. You keep breaking the rules and trying to police the thread using, of course your posts are going to be deleted. You don't get to ignore the rules just because you're ostensibly a lesbian.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 12:59
Post above,
At least when they're up front about it you know what to expect and that they don't cater to you. It's sort of funny in a sad way though, I used to follow that person on Goodreads and got to follow the slow descent into LGBTQIA++++ In like a year's time they went from reviewing lesbian literature to being all about the kweer.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 14:18
Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 12:59
Post above,
At least when they're up front about it you know what to expect and that they don't cater to you. It's sort of funny in a sad way though, I used to follow that person on Goodreads and got to follow the slow descent into LGBTQIA++++ In like a year's time they went from reviewing lesbian literature to being all about the kweer.
Op. I poosted that here in the hopes it would attract actual lesbian reviewers lol.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 Oct 2021, 06:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Honestly, it's like they've been scorned by a past lover who left them for a man and they're having outbursts because of their ptsd. FYI i'm not bi and am only interested in reading f/f romance. I could care less if the mc slept with 100 men before falling in love with a woman if the entire book is about the F/F relationship.
the difference is you are a bislut we are lesbian that's why you don't care. try harder lesbophobic
x2 never been and never want to be with a bislut. There's a bi-themed books thread for non lesbian books, stop gaslighting this thread for lesbians.
DA Why do you keep saying this? That thread had like eight posts and then the mods locked it. Others are right, like it or not "Lesbian-themed" here ends up meaning f/f that's worth reading, by a definition of "worth reading" that's inevitably going to vary from reader to reader. I mean, for myself I'd read nothing but goldstar/goldstar that was all brilliantly written in a wide array of genres if I could, but there just isn't that much of that, so even among just lesbians we end up making compromises along our own individual lines. Best thing is for everyone to just be honest about the book when you post here and let others decide if that's something she wants to read or not, or at least not throw a fit if someone else replies to your post to give a warning. You can disagree with someone's rec, but don't accuse them of trolling when this IS the mod-designated thread, but at the same time, anons on the other side should not go shaming posters for wanting to find f/f stories that don't involve het sex/romance between the leads at all, even if only mentioned and not actually on page.
Da. There are many other sites to discuss bisexual-themed books, why bring them here? That doesn’t mean I want to ban all talk of books with bisexual characters, but there’s a difference between a book where a het relationship happened in the past and one where it happens on the pages of the book. And to me that includes ones that literally start off with the protagonist waking up in the bed of the guy she fucked the night before.
Pagecatching Because lesbians do sometimes read books that have at least one bi character in the couple--again we have a limited selection of reading material to choose from when we want f/f themes--and here at least in theory we prioritize the lesbian POV on media unlike those other places. Any other site you'd be piled on for "biphobia," and probably labelled a "TERF" as well, if you ask "how bad is the m/f content?," and while there are some anons who get huffy about it, you're more likely to get a real answer here. For the specific book in question (which I haven't read and have zero interest in defending), that's an individual line. Some will want to skip a book that establishes the main character as having just slept with some dude immediately before the story starts, and I don't blame them. Others will say, well I'd have done without that, but if there's no on page het sex and then the entire actual story is an f/f romance then I can ignore that opening part. Either way you know what you'd potentially be getting into.

sigh...
Reactions:

Post by sigh... »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Well, if you are mod then please login as mod to "ban" all books that have bi characters. If you are not mod then let me tell you something. We all have freedom of speech. You don't like it doesn't mean all lesbians who read this thread don't like it.

Like other people said, there are very limited FF romance, if we have those as well we will have nothing much to read

To me (100% lesbian) I am OK with it as long as it ends with FF. If you can't stand with M/F sex scene or even M/F relationship then I feel sad for you.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

sigh... wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 15:56
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:

Well, if you are mod then please login as mod to "ban" all books that have bi characters. If you are not mod then let me tell you something. We all have freedom of speech. You don't like it doesn't mean all lesbians who read this thread don't like it.

Like other people said, there are very limited FF romance, if we have those as well we will have nothing much to read

To me (100% lesbian) I am OK with it as long as it ends with FF. If you can't stand with M/F sex scene or even M/F relationship then I feel sad for you.
DA
first of all the mods do remove comments from bi books when the bi ones talk about straight romance or when straight romance is the main one.

"If you can't stand with M/F sex scene or even M/F relationship then I feel sad for you."
sad about what? this is a lesbian forum not bi don't get mad that other anons don't want to read about straight relationships.

Sigh...
Reactions:

Post by Sigh... »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 16:44
sigh... wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA
first of all the mods do remove comments from bi books when the bi ones talk about straight romance or when straight romance is the main one.

"If you can't stand with M/F sex scene or even M/F relationship then I feel sad for you."
sad about what? this is a lesbian forum not bi don't get mad that other anons don't want to read about straight relationships.
You are so right. This is a lesbian forum. It's for us lesbian to chat about stuff. If every single topic has to be "lesbian" related then "so and so is bi", once upon a time, covid-19 will all have to be deleted to meet your standard.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

sigh... wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:

Da. Real talk. I sort of feel sad for myself too. Have you any idea what a chore it is to find fiction when a relationship between a man and a woman at best leaves you apathetic and worst grosses you out? The only thing that sort of balances it out is the blessing that at least I wasn't born a straight woman.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 14:59
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:

Pagecatching Because lesbians do sometimes read books that have at least one bi character in the couple--again we have a limited selection of reading material to choose from when we want f/f themes--and here at least in theory we prioritize the lesbian POV on media unlike those other places. Any other site you'd be piled on for "biphobia," and probably labelled a "TERF" as well, if you ask "how bad is the m/f content?," and while there are some anons who get huffy about it, you're more likely to get a real answer here. For the specific book in question (which I haven't read and have zero interest in defending), that's an individual line. Some will want to skip a book that establishes the main character as having just slept with some dude immediately before the story starts, and I don't blame them. Others will say, well I'd have done without that, but if there's no on page het sex and then the entire actual story is an f/f romance then I can ignore that opening part. Either way you know what you'd potentially be getting into.
Da. wait...one line? are u kidding me? 😭 lmao this is all so ridiculous.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sigh... wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 17:01
Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 16:44
sigh... wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA

You are so right. This is a lesbian forum. It's for us lesbian to chat about stuff. If every single topic has to be "lesbian" related then "so and so is bi", once upon a time, covid-19 will all have to be deleted to meet your standard.
Did you read what I wrote?
Where did I say that you can't talk about other topics?
in my comment I only mentioned that you cannot talk about straight couples, it is against the rules of the forum.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

For this month of Halloween, I read "The Dead and the Dark" and really enjoyed it. A compelling story, interesting characters and a nice wlw relationship. I almost read the whole thing in a single day because I couldn't put it down.

As far as the gay, one character confirms she's a lesbian but I also believe the other is as well, because of things we later find out. For anyone that's read it, what did you think?

But yeah, this is a nice read if you're looking for something spooky and with two lesbian mains.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 19:38
For this month of Halloween, I read "The Dead and the Dark" and really enjoyed it. A compelling story, interesting characters and a nice wlw relationship. I almost read the whole thing in a single day because I couldn't put it down.

As far as the gay, one character confirms she's a lesbian but I also believe the other is as well, because of things we later find out. For anyone that's read it, what did you think?

But yeah, this is a nice read if you're looking for something spooky and with two lesbian mains.
I liked it too. Sucks that it's one of the few competently written f/f books we've gotten this year, I'm so bored waiting for something else good to come out

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 20:53
Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 17:11
THOSE TWO SENTENCES ladies and ladies are the TOTAL EXTENT of her m/f physical interaction.
In a book ABOUT her transitioning from the juvenile love she had for her FEMALE handmaiden to the absolute love she has for her FEMALE bodyguard. (Amongst other assassination plots etc.)
Would anyone like to refute this with actual evidence or can we finally end this witch hunt?
What about the handmaiden fucking dudes too?
lol
That said, can you people stop pushing this book? whats the point of keep doing it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
THOSE TWO SENTENCES ladies and ladies are the TOTAL EXTENT of her m/f physical interaction.
In a book ABOUT her transitioning from the juvenile love she had for her FEMALE handmaiden to the absolute love she has for her FEMALE bodyguard. (Amongst other assassination plots etc.)
Would anyone like to refute this with actual evidence or can we finally end this witch hunt?
gosh stop it, it seems that this book is yours since you do nothing but overdefend it, many anon have already made it clear that no matter how small the iteration is, something like this makes them not want to read it.

The recommendation is already there, as well as the warning, whoever wants to read it is going to do it.

in case you haven't noticed the mods have already removed comments from both those who criticize the book and those who defend it, basically telling us to stop with this bullshit.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 21:36
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
What about the handmaiden fucking dudes too?
lol
That said, can you people stop pushing this book? whats the point of keep doing it?

The handmaid doesn't F* any dudes in this book as you so eloquently put it.
Says the person who hasn't read the book and is still talking about it. 🥱
I'm only replying to people who are asking about it or trying to provide false information like yourself.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Everyone say their favourite book (f/f pairing ofcourse) and what makes it special.
Also give your most recent read and what you thought of it.

That should give us a good bit to talk about.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Just report and ignore at this point.

And constant posting isn't required. If there's nothing to say, better silence that continued drivel.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 22:34
Just report and ignore at this point.

And constant posting isn't required. If there's nothing to say, better silence that continued drivel.
Skip what you don't want to read and that'll be the same thing as nothing being written for you. Some people want to talk about books in the thread for talking about books.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 19:38

Okay this goes on my list. Any other Halloween recs while we're at it?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Hi! Would you recommend Black Iris by Leah Raeder for its f/f content?
Thank you!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 18:13
Hi! Would you recommend Black Iris by Leah Raeder for its f/f content?
Thank you!
the author is a trans bi "man" and in his own words : yes, black iris is f/f. it is also m/f. Both are represented. Not equally. To say more is to spoil plot points. But you should expect at least as much f/f as m/f in this book.

so it's another "queer" book, not worth the trouble.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Has anyone read this?

Matrix follows 17-year-old Marie, who is unwanted at court for her bastardy, her height and rough-hewn appearance, and her scandalous family history of women crusaders and warriors. Deeply in love (and lust) with Queen Eleanor, Marie is shocked to find herself shipped off to a dilapidated abbey in England as its new prioress, despite having no vocation. . . .

She scoured religious texts for “female sodomy” and found nothing – indicating that she has an inkling her sexual encounters would not be as acceptable to wider society but her quick acceptance of an explanation – and the continuing circle of physical relationships among the sisters – indicates that no one intends to give up such acts or feel guilt over them. Indeed, none of the conflict in the story was about the simple existence of such relationships, and it seems like the community built by the women has a strong tradition of close relationships between sisters.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Oct 2021, 22:04
Has anyone read this?

Yea I have, it’s gay but it’s weird, lots of religious mumble jumble, and the writer crammed Marie’s whole life in it, so everything was like ‘oh this happened moving on.’ I didn’t love it, not something I would recommend, if you wanna see a lesbian nuns love story you can skip it, she just occasionally fucked a few nuns and the writer would be like ‘oh they fucked’ then moved on to more religious stuff, Marie didn’t have deep feelings about them, she was more like using them for physical needs :mask:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Are there any period era lesbian books set pre 1800s maybe?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Can anyone list their top 3 favorite lesbian books?

I'm can't tbh, The Price of Salt is the only lesbian book I truly love, I've read it 6 times. I also enjoyed Fun Home.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 01:51

I'm can't tbh, The Price of Salt is the only lesbian book I truly love, I've read it 6 times. I also enjoyed Fun Home.
The Price of Salt
Written on the Body
Fun Home

I've re-read those 3 the most.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
30 Oct 2021, 22:38
Guest wrote:
30 Oct 2021, 22:04
Has anyone read this?

Yea I have, it’s gay but it’s weird, lots of religious mumble jumble, and the writer crammed Marie’s whole life in it, so everything was like ‘oh this happened moving on.’ I didn’t love it, not something I would recommend, if you wanna see a lesbian nuns love story you can skip it, she just occasionally fucked a few nuns and the writer would be like ‘oh they fucked’ then moved on to more religious stuff, Marie didn’t have deep feelings about them, she was more like using them for physical needs :mask:
I read it too and posted about it earlier in this thread. I did like it though I completely understand where it wouldn't be for everyone and I did read it without knowing that the main character was a lesbian.

DVD
Reactions:

Post by DVD »

Hello to all.
Can someone suggest me an adventure book (I don't like fantasy but.. in case..), or espionage, or thriller with main characther or at least among the main characters, a lesbian?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

DVD wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 11:02
Hello to all.
Can someone suggest me an adventure book (I don't like fantasy but.. in case..), or espionage, or thriller with main characther or at least among the main characters, a lesbian?
X2. I quite enjoyed requiem for immortals. Would love to read something similar.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 20:31
Guest wrote:

The Price of Salt
Written on the Body
Fun Home

the name of the writer for Fun Home? is it a graphic novel?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 17:11
Guest wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 20:31
Guest wrote:

The Price of Salt
Written on the Body
Fun Home

the name of the writer for Fun Home? is it a graphic novel?
Da. But Alison Bechdel, and yeah it's a graphic novel.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

DVD wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 11:02
Hello to all.
It's been talked about a lot on this thread, but (for the "thriller" part of your ask)...Fingersmith, if you haven't tried it yet. Historical (Victorian England) crime novel, lesbian leads, extremely tropey but also very very well written and a satisfying ending.

DVD
Reactions:

Post by DVD »

Guest wrote:
04 Nov 2021, 04:20
It's been talked about a lot on this thread, but (for the "thriller" part of your ask)...Fingersmith, if you haven't tried it yet. Historical (Victorian England) crime novel, lesbian leads, extremely tropey but also very very well written and a satisfying ending.
Guest wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 12:01

X2. I quite enjoyed requiem for immortals. Would love to read something similar.
Thank you, both !

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Are there even any really decent lesbian books out there? So many out there are worse than what you read in fanfictions.

I guess two comes to mind really.
1. Poppy Jenkins
2. The blind side of love ( yes yes i've already read plenty of criticism for this particular one)

Can anyone else chip in? :nervous:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 Oct 2021, 15:26
anyone read the new clare ashton?
I started it and then was like, wait, and looked up more detailed tags and it has
Which is fine but really not my thing. :unsure:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sadly I don’t think I’ve ever read any truly great lesbian book. Enjoyed a couple of Sarah Waters and Jeanette Winterson but nothing that’s really blown me away.

Whereas I’ve read some truly great writing in Fan Fiction. You have to filter a lot of crap to get to it though, but the same can be said for books :-/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Brayden's latest book, Marry Me, is pretty nice. I enjoyed it.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 15:59
Thanks will definitely check it out

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 16:40
Guest wrote:
How’d you read it, it’s not released yet right?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 17:00
Guest wrote:
10 Nov 2021, 16:40
Guest wrote:
How’d you read it, it’s not released yet right?
The publisher released it on the 1st Nov. It might not be out at Amazon etc yet.

https://www.boldstrokesbooks.com/books/ ... den-3733-b

Tailzunleashed
Reactions: 26

Post by Tailzunleashed »

Bleeding earth! Super cool apocalyptic story featuring a lesbian main character
West coast is the best coast. Oh'Canada. OG Dyke. Never hides behind 'guest' or 'anonymous'. Reddit is Tailzunleashed. Unapologetically real.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Melissa Brayden's new book is so damn boring. As if it wasn't enough that her books have been basically the same repetitive book where she just changes names, this one centres the story around some boring man. This is the first book of hers i give a shot in a while since i gave up on her books and damn idk how that anon liked it tbh. She truly sounds like a fanfiction writer who just changes character descriptions.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

We’re all different, personally I’ve only enjoyed one book rec’d here and some that come up constantly baffle me as I found them stupefyingly awful BUT I’ve never felt the need to detail that, and I’d certainly never ream other individuals tastes.

I know it’s l chat but it’s a book thread for goodness sake. No need to be snarky, A simple not for me and I felt the story revolved too much around a male character would have sufficed.