Apple's Dickinson

Reactions:

Re: Apple's Dickinson

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 00:57
Have they aired the scene with Taylor Swift's 'Ivy' yet?
No

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

The only complaint I have about the show is that main reason Emily irl was attracted to Sue was because of her intelligence and their shared literary interests, but instead she has more of that relationship with Ben in S1.

I guess I just wanted see them nerd out about books & poems together like I imagined they did

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 00:57
Have they aired the scene with Taylor Swift's 'Ivy' yet?
nope

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 01:04
The only complaint I have about the show is that main reason Emily irl was attracted to Sue was because of her intelligence and their shared literary interests, but instead she has more of that relationship with Ben in S1.

I guess I just wanted see them nerd out about books & poems together like I imagined they did
Oh I was just going to post about it. Wish we could see more of Sue as to why Emily writes such intensely about her. What exactly makes Sue to be that inspiring for emily

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 01:12
Guest wrote:

Oh I was just going to post about it. Wish we could see more of Sue as to why Emily writes such intensely about her. What exactly makes Sue to be that inspiring for emily
x3 before learning about her from some anons here and then researching I thought she was a pretty dummy. They basically make her out to be like a trophy gf and definitely not a match intellectually for Emily. Shame.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:

Not only did the show wash the gay out of the picture. It has a bechdel score of -50 percent.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

O_O? wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 00:00
treachery wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 22:46
O_O? wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 22:15
guest47 wrote:
30 Nov 2021, 21:40
Ella Hunt @EllaHunt
Get Ready *tornado*

https://twitter.com/EllaHunt/status/146 ... 56224?s=20
She's gonna top Ems on that branch? :nervous:
from what I’ve seen Emily is the one who stays topping, Sue just stays there moaning and trying not to scream her name out loud.

Code: Select all

https://tenor.com/brqSP.gif

P.s. turned out I don't know how to put a fucking gif here :bigcry: I've been trying for a good 20 minutes :sadangel:
That link was invalid for some reason, quote my post so you can see the correct code :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

thinking about emisue walking this path

GuestL
Reactions:

Post by GuestL »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 02:53

thinking about emisue walking this path
Beautiful.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 01:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

x3 before learning about her from some anons here and then researching I thought she was a pretty dummy. They basically make her out to be like a trophy gf and definitely not a match intellectually for Emily. Shame.
Not entirely, she never struck me a dumb or a trophy gf.
Sue is probably the strongest character in the show, unlike Emily's journey, she figures almost everything out on her own; Ben not being married & thinking it was selfish of her to be jealous, wanting her baby to have two mothers, how to be non-traditional parents with Austin. And we do see her intellectual side in S2.

She is smart in the show but that does not come across as the defining reason Emily likes her.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 02:29
Guest wrote:

Not only did the show wash the gay out of the picture. It has a bechdel score of -50 percent.
:fool:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 10:13
Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 02:29
Guest wrote:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It frustrates me so much this show didn't get the audience viewership it deserved. It's completely unique to every other TV show out there rn, in its writing, acting, cinematography, set design, soundtrack, costumes the list goes on. Not to mention I could just cry thinking about emisue and they way they are written :pride:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 12:09
It frustrates me so much this show didn't get the audience viewership it deserved. It's completely unique to every other TV show out there rn, in its writing, acting, cinematography, set design, soundtrack, costumes the list goes on. Not to mention I could just cry thinking about emisue and they way they are written :pride:
Stop the misrepresentation, Emily Dickinson said.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 12:09
exactly.

treachery
Reactions:

Post by treachery »

Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 09:26
Guest wrote:
01 Dec 2021, 01:16
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Not entirely, she never struck me a dumb or a trophy gf.
Sue is probably the strongest character in the show, unlike Emily's journey, she figures almost everything out on her own; Ben not being married & thinking it was selfish of her to be jealous, wanting her baby to have two mothers, how to be non-traditional parents with Austin. And we do see her intellectual side in S2.

She is smart in the show but that does not come across as the defining reason Emily likes her.
The defining reason is Emily Dickinson wanted Susan Gilbert. Period.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

we havent gotten a preview for this episode?

guest47
Reactions:

Post by guest47 »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

ella interview with a tiny emisue snippet

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Nothing new really, just love hearing her accent. :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

she looks really pretty

lol and it really is a role reversal

guest47
Reactions:

Post by guest47 »

ImageImage

ImageImage

guest47
Reactions:

Post by guest47 »

I like when Sue talks :$

Yikii
Reactions:

Post by Yikii »

guest47 wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 00:41
ImageImage

The last picture the girl seems like she’s in heaven . The look of pure unrestricted ecstasy.

ImageImage

Yikii
Reactions:

Post by Yikii »

Yikii wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 01:44
guest47 wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 00:41
ImageImage

The last picture the girl seems like she’s in heaven . The look of pure unrestricted ecstasy.

ImageImage
The comment was supposed to be at the end not in the middle of the photo sequence

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I'm more anxious to see/hear ivy :bigcry:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 00:25

she is so beautiful and her Brit accent is sexy :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Would've loved to see Emily unbuttoning Sue's top in that scene. One moment Sue is flung against the wall, then the next cut Emily is already getting handsy.

I didn't even realize this until somewhere here mentioned it. :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

It's out of this world how Ella can change the accent so easy :blinkwide:
Acting is already hard and she having to remember doing it the whole time must be even hard. She's really good :goldstar:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:dance2:
Guest wrote:

I've never watch an interview with Ella before and I get why fans are so into her now :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 05:02
:dance2:
Guest wrote:

I've never watch an interview with Ella before and I get why fans are so into her now :lol:
Shes hot and v talented, the scene seems like another intense moment for emisue. Sue is so intoxicated by emily, you can hear it in her voice. So Ellas right, sue is living in her full gayness now. She knows exactly what she wants, being with emily whilst trying to still undertake her heteronormative duties in an unconventional way for that time. Eventually emily will be there too but still more to explore about her before they get there. Time to stop playing hard to get....

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wonder how many times Emisue have made love in that tiny bed of theirs? Not just the volcano masturbation, but surely they must have experienced different versions of "sex" back in their time? :$

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Low-key hilarious how they are travelling to the future, visual effects and everything, I like when the show gets this crazy

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 18:19
Low-key hilarious how they are travelling to the future, visual effects and everything, I like when the show gets this crazy
lmao this is stupid but cute

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 19:02
Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 18:19
lmao this is stupid but cute
quoting myself to say this reminds me of when she talked to a bee
or had her own funeral out of nowhere :lol: :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

this season is so boring and about nothing, they just keeping girls away from each other for no apparent reason

kfjsjdkskd
Reactions:

Post by kfjsjdkskd »

it feels like reviewers and the showrunner sorta inflated how important sue and emily are to this season/the show in general. it very much feels like they're on the backburner- which isn't inherently a problem, the show is about emily and her family, but i do feel a bit duped. i had pretty high expectations for this season and they aren't being met. but hey there are a few episodes left, maybe they'll blow me out of the water

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

kfjsjdkskd wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 19:50
it feels like reviewers and the showrunner sorta inflated how important sue and emily are to this season/the show in general. it very much feels like they're on the backburner- which isn't inherently a problem, the show is about emily and her family, but i do feel a bit duped. i had pretty high expectations for this season and they aren't being met. but hey there are a few episodes left, maybe they'll blow me out of the water
I'm not even sure that's the issue, Emily doesn't have a lot going on in this season outside of figuring out her relationship with Sue. Until episode four it was about embracing her love for Susan in a (homo)sexual romantic kind of way, now it's about figuring out how to actually live this love outside pretty words and poems in her everyday life.
The problem imho is that they are forcing the emotional climax to happen in episode nine so everything happens at a snail's pace and it's frustrating to watch. It's a problem I have with a lot of shows and that's why I prefer to bing them when they are over.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
02 Dec 2021, 19:15
this season is so boring and about nothing, they just keeping girls away from each other for no apparent reason
I disagree. This show is dealing with Emily’s place within her family and her sense of internal identity. I like it a lot. And last season had Sue and Emily barely sharing 2 scenes, and this season, we have had so many scenes of them alone and professing their love. Plus multiple scenes of Emily telling others that she likes Sue. What are you so up in arms about?

guest47
Reactions:

Post by guest47 »

Beautiful

guest47
Reactions:

Post by guest47 »

Rasha
Reactions:

Post by Rasha »

Episode is out !!

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Why almost all dialogues felt off on this episode? I liked the Silvia Plath scene, but all the rest felt off. I thought that even the acting on the Emisue scene was weird. Maybe when I rewatch it I’ll feel differently. I feel like Sue is a different character every season, it’s hard to keep up. Their conflict felt poorly developed.

plzemilystopbeingabitch
Reactions:

Post by plzemilystopbeingabitch »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 02:55
Why almost all dialogues felt off on this episode? I liked the Silvia Plath scene, but all the rest felt off. I thought that even the acting on the Emisue scene was weird. Maybe when I rewatch it I’ll feel differently. I feel like Sue is a different character every season, it’s hard to keep up. Their conflict felt poorly developed.
their conflict makes no sense to me but then again i've never been a very deep thinker lol. i just want them to make up and go kissy kissy

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Emily in the future really got me :bigcry:
Lavinia saying she was an american killed me :rofl: :rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 02:55
Correcting myself: Sylvia Plath

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

All the scenes of Emily and Lavinia talking with Sylvia Plath is sending me! :nervous:

Henry’s storyline I have zero interest in. :/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

And what was Hailee's fav scene after all?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
03 Dec 2021, 02:58
Emily in the future really got me :bigcry:
Lavinia saying she was an american killed me :rofl: :rofl:

I cackled :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

"A what?"