Reactions:

Re: US Politics

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2021, 14:16

So she is ousted from her leadership position because she called out Trump's lies and refuses to go back on what she said? There must be some other reason we don't know about, right? Because that first reason is not a reason.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2021, 14:40
Guest wrote:

So she is ousted from her leadership position because she called out Trump's lies and refuses to go back on what she said? There must be some other reason we don't know about, right? Because that first reason is not a reason.
It is a reason according to the Republican base, the people who vote for Republican candidates.

I feel like all of this is symbolic. Cheney being ousted from some kind of second or third rate leadership position in the opposition? How is it this big a story. I think it must be symbolic of the fight for the Republican party. Will it be the party for the traditional elites or the party of the Trumpists?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
You think republicans use reason, especially the ones that still support trump? :lol:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

... a new poll this week shows Jenner gaining little traction. Just 6% of respondents said they would vote for her, putting her far behind other Republican contenders including Kevin Faulconer, a former San Diego mayor, and John Cox, a businessman and perennial GOP candidate who in 2018 was trounced by the man they all want to unseat, Governor Gavin Newsom.
Good. Too bad the same can't be said about Andrew Yang's poll numbers.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Looks like Joel Greenburg cut a deal. He'll plead guilty and take a plea deal. I can't wait for them to cuff Gaetz and lead him away. I also hope Liz Cheney is nearby to point and laugh as he goes.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Sorry this isn't on-brand for this thread. Not even an AOC fan but Greene chasing AOC around screaming "debate me!!!1" like every male incel circa 2019, it's sending me lol

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Time for an intervention and/or restraining order to keep the QAnon loon at bay.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2021, 16:36
Time for an intervention and/or restraining order to keep the QAnon loon at bay.

So cringey she started calling herself MTG. It's giving me Single White Female tbh

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
12 May 2021, 14:46
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

It is a reason according to the Republican base, the people who vote for Republican candidates.

I feel like all of this is symbolic. Cheney being ousted from some kind of second or third rate leadership position in the opposition? How is it this big a story. I think it must be symbolic of the fight for the Republican party. Will it be the party for the traditional elites or the party of the Trumpists?
Totally trumpists. she's being voted out because she's anti trump. Trump or the Russians basically run the republican party and in 2024 highly likely to be running usa. It's scary. Trouble is once you give these trump types an inch its so hard to get rid of them like Berlusconi in Italy. They've got so much power

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
14 May 2021, 18:10
Guest wrote:
12 May 2021, 14:46
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

Totally trumpists. she's being voted out because she's anti trump. Trump or the Russians basically run the republican party and in 2024 highly likely to be running usa. It's scary. Trouble is once you give these trump types an inch its so hard to get rid of them like Berlusconi in Italy. They've got so much power
Cheney is only "big news" for Dems/ their media supporters just as Joe Manchin is big new for Repubs

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Anyone who's still a Republican after Jan 6th is a lost cause.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

She deserved OMB but this is a good fit too.

Neera Tanden, the new administration's only Cabinet nominee rebuffed by the Senate, has become a senior adviser to President Joe Biden, a White House official told CNN.

A longtime health policy expert, Tanden will begin planning for potential policy changes that could result from the forthcoming US Supreme Court decision on Republican legal efforts to strike down the Affordable Care Act. She worked in former President Barack Obama's administration as the act was designed and implemented.

Among other duties, the official said, Tanden will also launch a review of the US Digital Service. The service is charged with solving the federal government's information technology and online security issues, recruiting technologists for tours of service akin to the Peace Corps.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
The Trump thing seems like a clear personality cult so once Trump dies or properly fades out of public view, I wouldn't be surprised if the republican party goes back to normal. (Their normal is still horrendous though.)

I think the republican elites should be most scared of another populist/authoritarian coming in to fill that space because the party has proven that there is one for it. The problem is that the Republican elites totally created this monster. They and their media like Fox News constantly use culture war issues to get elected so that they can pass tax cuts and cut regulations but it risks a populist like Trump coming along and promising to actually do something on the culture war stuff.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

An actual case of voter fraud.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 May 2021, 16:26
Guest wrote:
The Trump thing seems like a clear personality cult so once Trump dies or properly fades out of public view, I wouldn't be surprised if the republican party goes back to normal. (Their normal is still horrendous though.)

I think the republican elites should be most scared of another populist/authoritarian coming in to fill that space because the party has proven that there is one for it. The problem is that the Republican elites totally created this monster. They and their media like Fox News constantly use culture war issues to get elected so that they can pass tax cuts and cut regulations but it risks a populist like Trump coming along and promising to actually do something on the culture war stuff.
da As long as the GOP base remains committed to Trumpism and the GOP remains committed to pandering to that base, a populist/authoritarian-style leadership will prevail no matter what happens to Trump the person. If Trump doesn't run in 2024, the base will gravitate to a Trump loyalist such as Cotton, Hawley, or most likely DeSantis. Establishment types like Romney have zero chance of becoming party leader for the foreseeable future.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
15 May 2021, 18:38
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da As long as the GOP base remains committed to Trumpism and the GOP remains committed to pandering to that base, a populist/authoritarian-style leadership will prevail no matter what happens to Trump the person. If Trump doesn't run in 2024, the base will gravitate to a Trump loyalist such as Cotton, Hawley, or most likely DeSantis. Establishment types like Romney have zero chance of becoming party leader for the foreseeable future.
da
Don't forget about all the trump spawn.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA Whatever internal polling they're looking at, it's clear they're going with Trumpism based on how they treated Cheney.

I genuinely don't think anyone in the GOP actually likes him, but they do want to figure out how to have Trumpism without Trumpism.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 May 2021, 01:52
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

DA Whatever internal polling they're looking at, it's clear they're going with Trumpism based on how they treated Cheney.

I genuinely don't think anyone in the GOP actually likes him, but they do want to figure out how to have Trumpism without Trump.
qmtf

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

direction of GOP — CBS News poll :facepalm:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/republican ... nion-poll/

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

^ lol this should be sent to all who say not all republicans are shitty, well not all but about 80%. Also if Biden&co fucks up with Middle East conflict, this will be 1 term only for Dems. He's gonna lose a lot of support. Mark my words

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
16 May 2021, 01:06
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
Don't sleep on The Rock, or Tucker Carlson.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2021, 11:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
Why would you think Dwayne Johnson will run as a republican? I can see joe rogan or vince mcmahon doing that tho.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2021, 09:13
^ lol this should be sent to all who say not all republicans are shitty, well not all but about 80%. Also if Biden&co fucks up with Middle East conflict, this will be 1 term only for Dems. He's gonna lose a lot of support. Mark my words
At the same time their numbers are shrinking, and the next generations are less white than ever before, which doesn't bode well for a party that's defined by two things: white supremacy and misogyny.

And speaking of Middle East, what support exactly?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2021, 20:27
Guest wrote:
17 May 2021, 09:13
At the same time their numbers are shrinking, and the next generations are less white than ever before, which doesn't bode well for a party that's defined by two things: white supremacy and misogyny.

And speaking of Middle East, what support exactly?
the one where the US send billions of taxpayers money to weaponize Israel and not that quietly supports their occupation over Palestinians, been doing that since 1948

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2021, 15:13
Guest wrote:
17 May 2021, 11:24
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

da
Why would you think Dwayne Johnson will run as a republican? I can see joe rogan or vince mcmahon doing that tho.
He was historically a Republican and spoke at the 2000 GOP convention. I didn't realize he endorsed Joe & Kamala, though. Just seeing that now.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2021, 21:16
Not American, but I always wonder what female demographic have the most abortions?

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
17 May 2021, 21:16
How many weeks can pass before abortion is off the table in other states?

In Denmark, where I'm from, abortion is banned after week 12, barring any deformities or such. I've never really heard anyone say that the periode of time should be longer.

Shelby
Veteran
Reactions: 172

Post by Shelby »

guest wrote:
17 May 2021, 22:45
Not American, but I always wonder what female demographic have the most abortions?
Poor women.
Guest wrote:
17 May 2021, 23:45

In Denmark, where I'm from, abortion is banned after week 12, barring any deformities or such. I've never really heard anyone say that the periode of time should be longer.
Abortion access is supposed to be unrestricted, but conservative states such as Mississippi have been passing these restrictions as of late.

Reality is looking more like Gilead everyday.
My pronouns are Cash/App and Venmo/me

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

with the texas fetal heartbeat bill about to go to the governor to be signed, it'll be as early as six weeks.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Shelby wrote:
18 May 2021, 01:22
guest wrote:
17 May 2021, 22:45
Poor women.
Guest wrote:
17 May 2021, 23:45

Abortion access is supposed to be unrestricted, but conservative states such as Mississippi have been passing these restrictions as of late.

Reality is looking more like Gilead everyday.
da

You aren’t kidding. This reminds me of back in the late nineties, reading posts online about women in Afghanistan being concerned about things happening there that were starting to restrict rights of women. I remember not really being concerned because it was “over there” and besides, they really couldn’t do that. They had women scientists, engineers, etc. and their people wouldn’t let that happen. How naive I was. women everywhere need to step up and stop men from diminishing our lives, value, and rights.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

:hmmm:

:rofl:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Feds investigating alleged illegal donations to Collins’ re-election bid
https://www.axios.com/susan-collins-ree ... ab4ca.html
The FBI is investigating what it describes as a massive scheme to illegally finance Sen. Susan Collins' 2020 re-election bid, Axios has learned.

What's happening: A recently unsealed search warrant application shows the FBI believes a Hawaii defense contractor illegally funneled $150,000 to a pro-Collins super PAC and reimbursed donations to Collins' campaign. There's no indication that Collins or her team were aware of any of it.
  • Collins helped the contractor at issue, then called Navatek and since renamed the Martin Defense Group, secure an $8 million Navy contract before most of the donations took place.
  • Former Navatek CEO Martin Kao was indicted last year for allegedly bilking the federal government of millions in coronavirus relief loans.
What they're saying: "The Collins for Senator Campaign had absolutely no knowledge of anything alleged in the warrant," Collins spokesperson Annie Clark told Axios in an emailed statement.

The big picture: Federal prosecutors say Kao used a shell company to funnel $150,000 in Navatek funds to a pro-Collins super PAC called 1820 PAC.
  • According to the FBI, Kao and his wife set up a sham LLC called the Society for Young Women Scientists and Engineers. Navatek then wrote the LLC a $150,000 check, investigators say, which was passed on to the super PAC.
  • Government contractors are barred from donating to federal political committees, and investigators suspect the donations were attempts to evade that prohibition.
Investigators say bank records also show that Kao illegally reimbursed family members who donated to Collins' campaign and that Navatek reimbursed some of Kao's colleagues for their contributions.
  • That's known as a "straw" donation, and it's prohibited by law. The Collins campaign's fundraising solicitations also require donors to certify that they are in fact donating their own funds.
  • The allegedly reimbursed donations came in clusters, according to federal contribution records, between June and September 2019, and amounted to less than 0.2% of the Collins campaign's total fundraising.
  • The warrant application quotes an email exchange between Kao, who had just maxed out to Collins' campaign, and the senator's Maine finance director: "If you have friends or family members that would be willing to donate please don’t hesitate to send them my way," the Collins staffer wrote.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2021, 20:34

As sad as it is to say, Demmings isn't going to win against Rubio. She should've waited and run against Scott. Good news is, her House seat is the safest in the state so there's no chance Democrats will lose her seat.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2021, 23:37
Guest wrote:

As sad as it is to say, Demmings isn't going to win against Rubio. She should've waited and run against Scott. Good news is, her House seat is the safest in the state so there's no chance Democrats will lose her seat.
da. yeah, seems like a bizarre move. Is Florida even a purple state anymore? She must have some optimistic polling.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
18 May 2021, 23:37
Guest wrote:
Is rubio trumpy enough for the trumpists and anti-trump enough for the moderates? :hmmm:

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Paul Kane @pkcapitol · 13h
Your midweek @PKCapitol column: My exclusive look at @spmaloney's "Deep Dive" into what went wrong for House Dems in 2020.
In short: Polling missed Trump surge in voters, and with those extra voters, socialism/defund attacks were more potent.

In one Iowa district, Dems final poll predicted just 4% of voters would be low-propensity Rs. Reality: 5.9%.
In South Florida, final poll predicted 38% of voters being Ds, 33% Rs.
Instead, just 34% were Ds, 36% Rs.

Both Ds lost. Same everywhere.

What about all that "fundraging" for House Dems?
All that late $$$ goes mostly to one place: Traditional TV ads that aren't very effective.

“We are still overweighted on old media & we need to invest more in organizing & digital," SPM tells me.

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

I wish dems would drop the nutso gender ideology, socialism, defund and other extremist wokism because I think the GOP is gaining a lot of traction by using those to wedge voters, as the polls the other anon posted suggest.

We have to keep the house going forward at all costs. If the GOP wins the house in 2024 i don't think they'd swear in a Dem president.

Reactions:

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
19 May 2021, 23:47
I wish dems would drop the nutso gender ideology, socialism, defund and other extremist wokism because I think the GOP is gaining a lot of traction by using those to wedge voters, as the polls the other anon posted suggest.

We have to keep the house going forward at all costs. If the GOP wins the house in 2024 i don't think they'd swear in a Dem president.
Drop socialism? That be like Repubs scrapping the second amendment

Reactions:

Post by Guest »

Given that democracy itself is at stake, ALL Dems should be as pissed off and fired up as Ryan.